rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is the waistcoat the new fedora?

I keep seeing beta chodes on the streets wearing waistcoats. Sometimes with t shirts, sometimes with shirts, almost always with jeans. It seems to have replaced their ubiquitous hoodies (there's a point, why do losers always dress like children?).

I'm talking about the 'travelling around Asia with my girlfriend' demographic. Know what I mean?

I'm starting to think that the waistcoat is becoming the new fedora, except for skinny betas instead of obese omegas.

What do you guys reckon?

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Yeah i see this often.
Thing is those guys dressing like this will never actually be able to pull the girls thye want because EVERYTHING else on them isn't on point.

Kinda like how fat girls have extremely nice hair and make up, fancy expensive clothes and have the newest iphones.
Their base is shit so everything else is shit.

A.K.A Hipsters.

Take a classic, almost iconic, piece of wardrobe and modernize it. (Millenialize?)
Which is what ultimately ruined the fedora in my opinion.

Next thing you know they'll start sporting
pocket watches and you'll be pissed off at that too. Betas have no shame. Hipsters, doubly so.

So this is a waist coat?

[Image: justin%2Btimberlake%2Bwaistcoat.jpg]

I always thought they were dressy vests.

Waistcoats? what is the problem with them?

Perhaps, i am not understanding this thread. what is wrong with waistcoats?

I personally like them, in fact, i think they are timeless:

[Image: tumblr_mduzghTBjB1qltspzo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mdl8s49THK1qltspzo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mcszw73X8S1qltspzo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_majsrqAjBc1qltspzo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mcgikmvKIj1qltspzo1_500.jpg]

A year from now you will wish you had started today.....May fortune favours the bold.

I've always liked those, actually

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (09-23-2014 04:05 PM)Nemencine Wrote:  

Waistcoats? what is the problem with them?

Perhaps, i am not understanding this thread. what is wrong with waistcoats?

I personally like them, in fact, i think they are timeless:

I don't think you're following me.

I'm not talking about three piece suits, etc.

I'm talking about starbucks types that pair it with jeans and a t shirt.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

It's a totally different crowd than the fedora wearers.

I've hated this look forever. Typically it's very herbish, weak men who sport it. An effete J Crew look. I'm all for dressing well, but wearing a lone waistcoat or vest without the accompanying suit is incredibly affected.

Actually, the real precedent to this is the guy who wore hoodies under a sports coat. Or a t-shirt under a sports coat. I hate these fucking bizarre mixes of formal and informal clothing.

[Image: vest.jpg]

[Image: _7070602.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0011.jpg]

I've been tempted to use a waistcoats to dress up a bit in a hotter weather. Normally, I wear suits year round and this would be a nice option to explore, but I've hesitated, largely because of the reasons listed above.

Instead, for hotter weather, I've moved into building my linen suit collection and am on a mission to find a shirt tailor that stocks some durable, but extremely light fabrics.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I hate the little faggots who dress like this. Always super skinny, always smug and always sporting some stupid fucking look-at-me-glasses.

I hate it too, but anything that the cool kids hate, I want to advocate.

God that's terrible, way to ruin an iconic piece of clothing. A waistcoat looks good, iconic and classic, when it is worn correctly as part of an outfit. You can't just throw a waistcoat on though with anything and expect it to come out looking good.

I wouldn't worry too much though, they look bad to begin with it's not the coat. If the waistcoat is worn with the correct outfit I think it can avoid the stigma that has come over the fedora.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

I have to agree with the above opinions...the hipster vest is one of those lazy halfway concoctions that should be avoided at all times.

That aside, I'd be interested to hear people's opinions on double-breasted waistcoats...in my book it's a classic, underutilized option...as long as it's not so vintage that it looks Victorian.

I was watching League of Legends streams the other day (At a friends, I don't waste my time with that shit) - all of the casters and analysts wear waistcoats. They don't have the looks that Sean Connery or David Beckham have. My point being that if you're not as good looking as Beckham or Bond, don't bother wearing them.

[Image: league_of_legends_world_championships_analyst_desk.jpg]

The chode in the middle is a prime example of how most men can never pull that look off.

ive got this and i love it

[Image: Coats__Bw031_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg]

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

Wear waistcoasts in Asia and you will look better than most of the chumps around you. Wear them in the West and you better have the shoulders and attitude to go with it.

I think we re mistaking the tool for the user. The waistcoat itself is pretty elegant, but its hard to pair. You need to have good style knowledge to pull off a casual waistcoat look. And most of all you need the body. Waistcoat highlight your waist (heh) and chest, so if you are ripped definitely wear one. Look at the pics in nemecine post. Beckham looks great in a waistcoat.

The thing is that the people who wear them the most are fucking flower boys. Their legs are so thin you can use them as toothpick. If they wear a waistcoat instead of tightening around the body it hangs loose like a towel you drape over your back. It looks disgusting.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Quote: (09-24-2014 02:08 PM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

I think we re mistaking the tool for the user. The waistcoat itself is pretty elegant, but its hard to pair. You need to have good style knowledge to pull off a casual waistcoat look. And most of all you need the body. Waistcoat highlight your waist (heh) and chest, so if you are ripped definitely wear one. Look at the pics in nemecine post. Beckham looks great in a waistcoat.

The thing is that the people who wear them the most are fucking flower boys. Their legs are so thin you can use them as toothpick. If they wear a waistcoat instead of tightening around the body it hangs loose like a towel you drape over your back. It looks disgusting.

If you have a waistcoat with a chest pocket, always wear a tasteful pocket square, just as you would with a blazer. Hipsters won't do that because it isn't sufficiently ironic.

Hating on stylish dudes never goes out of style.

I assume that most of the guys here lift weights. If true, wear a waistcoat that has thin shoulders and tapers towards the middle. Wear a pocket square and avoid polyester and choose wool or cotton material. If you do so, you shouldn't be mistaken for a douchebag.

I had never noticed before but the first person I saw when walking to class was A very skinny guy wearing a waist coat.

Maybe you are on to something..

Waistcoasts are a HUGE accessory in hipster fashion these days. My old roommate was into that scene and ALWAYS wore a black or striped waistcoat over a cheap white t-shirt. The other guy who eventually moved used to match it WITH the fedora :roll eyes:

You gotta be a man to pull a waistcoat off, not some "ironic" kid.

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos

[Image: Coats__Bw031_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg]

1. You are not a male model.
2. You're wearing jeans with a tie.
3. You're wearing a suit vest without the accompanying suit.
4. You're rolling up your sleeves while wearing a tie and a vest.
5. You look like a valet who couldn't afford dress trousers.

The whole look is silly and affected. This is like the white yuppie version of dressing like Steve Harvey.

Just put on a nice sport coat and pocket square instead. If you have a nice silhouette - broad shoulders, big chest and a slim waist - wear suspenders without a jacket.

I hate the vest without jacket look- 999/1000 guys can't pull it off and the only guys I see in real life trying it are the wannabe hipster doofus phaggots.

Vests with a suit or sportcoat though can be great and are a fine peacocking device; I was already planning on discussing them in my peacocking thread.

[Image: LL]

[Image: 34zhky8.jpg]

Compare:

[Image: vest.jpg]

Wear it with a jacket and you'll look like a man with style who gets laid, not some forever alone video gaming dork.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

has this forum becone a "suits or nothing" circlejerk? tanner talks about high/low on his blog all the time. theres nothing wrong with a pair of jeans (assume fit and quality) coupled with a more formal shirt/tie/jacket/waisrcoat