rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chic Quits TV News Anchor Job Because Of Weed

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/alaska-tv-news...16988.html

Viewers of CBS affiliate KTVA-TV in Anchorage, Alaska were jolted Sunday evening during the station’s newscast as reporter Charlo Greene dropped an F-bomb, disclosed that she was the owner of a cannabis club in the city, and informed the audience she was quitting her TV job.

“F--k it, I quit,” Greene said with a shrug at the close of a report about efforts to decriminalize marijuana in the state, which will vote on the issue in November.

Greene disclosed that she was the owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club and that she was quitting to devote “all of my energies to fighting for for freedom and fairness, which begins with legalizing marijuana here in Alaska.”

KTVA anchor Alexis Fernandez looked momentarily stunned before apologizing to viewers. On Monday morning, KTVA had an apology from news director Bert Rudman posted on its website:

“We sincerely apologize for the inappropriate language used by a KTVA reporter during her live presentation on the air tonight. The employee has been terminated.”

Greene later posted an explanation of her decision on crowdfunding site Indiegogo.

What a great, mature spokesperson for the pro-legalization movement.

She was privileged to have that job and she didn't respect her employer, coworkers, or her audience enough to leave gracefully.

I hope her new venture fails and someone with a good attitude takes her place.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/alask...ness-fight

Quote:Quote:

Few people fighting for marijuana legalization in Alaska are as media savvy, well educated on the marijuana industry, passionate, professional and completely dedicated to passing this initiative as me, the only person in Alaska that has had the balls to face the injustice of Alaska's medical marijuana catch-22 and do something about it. My Alaska Cannabis Club members are right here with me, ready to fight this long overdue fight.

[Image: tard.gif]

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

I don't mind it.

The reason it went viral and we're talking about it now is because she did that.

I wish the second reporter would have had a bit of a sense of humor. Damn.. So boring. No wonder no one watches news on TV anymore.

Both announcers were solid WB's. Wait - there are TWO WB's in Alaska??

6.5/10. WB and then smoke a joint in bed afterwards.

Weed should be legalized just so the pro-legalization people can shut the fuck up. I don't care either way really as I don't smoke, but they strike me as such zealots. I really can't listen to the "How many people have died from smoking weed" argument anymore. We get it. Smoke away.

I think she just got tired of being the only hot black woman in Alaska and decided to hit the road.

Huh. I had no idea there was a ballot measure to legalize marijuana this November.

Jokes aside, there are lots of hotties in AK. Fitness culture is big here. The bad side is Alaskan chicks tend to be more masculine in behavior and they have waaaay too much self esteem sometimes, as if just being from Alaska makes them a cut above. I can't stand most of them, and I can't wait to leave.

Quote: (09-22-2014 12:44 PM)Jack198 Wrote:  

I think she just got tired of being the only hot black woman in Alaska and decided to hit the road.

heh? There was alot black people in Anchorage when I was there.

[Image: cnuls.gif?w=562]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

This bitch is fucking stupid, plain and simple. She just fucked her finances for 15 minutes of fame.

There is no way in hell her marijuana club is financing her lifestyle. Medical marijuana is legal in Alaska but there aren't dispensaries setup like in Washington and Colorado.

Now, there is a good chance that ALL pot usage will be legalized by referendum later this year. At that point, she would be in a great position to setup a brick and mortar business and corner the market. She already has a loyal customer base.

But no, she couldn't keep her fucking mouth shut. There is no way she is going to have the same lifestyle from illegal cash transactions she is making with the homies down in Spenard.

Personally, I don't give a fuck if she is sleeping in front of the train depot but I would bet money she will go on welfare.

6% of Alaskans are on welfare - highest of any state per capita and twice the national average. I give this bitch a month before she signs up, too.

the peer review system
put both
Socrates and Jesus
to death
-GBFM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/22...lp00000592

'F**k It, I Quit' Anchor Explains Her Dramatic Exit

The local news anchor who dramatically quit her job on air following a segment on marijuana, explained her exit in a YouTube video released Monday.

Charlo Greene, a reporter for Anchorage's KTVA, announced on air that she would be leaving her job at the TV station to focus on marijuana legalization in Alaska.

“Everything you've heard is why I, the actual owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, will be dedicating all of my energy toward fighting for freedom and fairness, which begins with legalizing marijuana here in Alaska," she said. "And as for this job, well, not that I have a choice but, f--k it, I quit."

In the YouTube clip, Greene explained why she believes the fight for marijuana legalization in her home state is so important.

"There comes a time in each and every one of our lives where we must choose to continue to spectate or stand up for what's right," she said. "Why are Americans arrested every 37 seconds, Alaskans every 4.3 hours? Why should an aspiring someone lose their ability to earn a higher education, to become someone they were not meant to be? And why should you lose the ability to get public assistance in times of struggle and need?"

She continued: "Advocating for freedom and fairness should be everyone's duty. I'm making it my life work to uphold what America stands for truly: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, ideals that now need to be defended."

Alaskans are set to vote on Ballot Measure 2, which would legalize possession of small amounts of marijuana for recreational use, in November. Colorado and Washington have implemented similar legislation in the last year.

Quote: (09-22-2014 02:01 PM)aSimpNamedBrokeback Wrote:  

Quote: (09-22-2014 12:44 PM)Jack198 Wrote:  

heh? There was alot black people in Anchorage when I was there.

Were they lost?

She is in (well was) the news. She knew 100% what she was doing when she said this. Look at her response video as its well shot, look at the Huff Post piece that couldn't resist to bite of her planned viral tirade, etc. She is either trying to draw attention to the ballot issue in a Alaska (maybe even run on a ballet?), or she is setting her self up for RT News or something bigger and better.

The only person whom was real was the reporter after the fact: minus the propaganda script on fluffy kittens, murders, and Football she had no idea how to re-hold frame, direct, guide, and segway away from the circus and back to the news. She fucked up and her producer pulled the plug on it quick and cut to break.

This is a art that any newcaster worth any shit has to narrow down. Many can't due to no frills budgets and standard levels that have gone into the pits.

But I will say that these press kittens need to learn how to properly act and hold frame on camera minus the aids of a producer and fed BS lines. Her response video was all over the place, she has delivery and tonal projection down, but the composition of what she was trying to say was terrible.

I don't write this girl off, only maybe because she lives in Alaska, but this is using the circus of the media for your own gain. Yesterday nobody knew who the fuck she was, she got a viral piece and has channeled all that attention into her cause. This is attention whore'n done right. She had a objective and motive and hasn't yet gone off that script.

WB her and that other news broad, preferably together at the same time, with a fat backwoods lit up.

Quote: (09-22-2014 05:14 PM)The Father Wrote:  

Were they lost?
I assumed alot were Military, but not all.

Fake, black people don't live in Alaska.

Alaska has some really hot black girls. They're friendly too.

[Image: laugh4.gif]

Not sure what to make of all this...kind of wacky.

I've never seen a hot chick get so worked up over weed.

She's crazy, but in a good way...I dig crazy black chicks.

Quote: (09-22-2014 11:25 PM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

[Image: laugh4.gif]

Not sure what to make of all this...kind of wacky.

I've never seen a hot chick get so worked up over weed.

She's crazy, but in a good way...I dig crazy black chicks.

if you do, come to where i live in the caribbean

I dated a girl that was a reporter for a small place like this (two actually).

They don't get paid shit and are basically doing these jobs to try and get a larger market.

They also are well aware of the stories that are being put out that day.

In other words, she intentionally did this to gain attention and publicity for her little club.

Watch this as I say some dope thoughts.

Yall can't be that mad at her for doing that.

She just wants the world to know that there's some dank kiush out there and it needs to be legal for everyone.

Smoke [Image: treehugger.gif] everyday. Shut up and blaze..

Nope.

WB. Better her doing this than having the same news station investigate and mudsling her crazy. Respect!