rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Did i screw up?

Did i screw up?

I was at my friends party, and there was a cute girl who I made eye contact with and smiled. We introduced ourselves and started talking, and after a while I learned she was doing in school doing social work, and she wanted to work with refugees. I told her I did something like that before too, and then she mentioned that she could let me know when there was some volunteer opportunities. We kept talking, and she brought it up again. Again, I agreed but changed the topic. After this she introduces me to her friends and goes to talk to one of her girlfriends.

Now thinking back, was her trying to let me know of opportunities her cue for me to take her number? I had always thought you are supposed to get the number after agreeing to go do something together, like have drinks or hang out or something. I was afraid that getting her number for a reason I wasn't interested in was going to land me in the friend zone. Maybe she didn't want to straight up ask my number in front of all her friends? Any advice?

Did i screw up?

You're overthinking it. Get her hooked in conversation, then try to get a venue change. If you can't get a venue change, an SNL most likely won't happen. If you can't get her out of there, get her number and move on. She will most likely give you her number. I think in the last year, only one girl has refused to give me her number. Another girl gave me a Puerto Rico cell number that was shut off, so maybe I should count that one too.

Did i screw up?

Sure, getting the number wouldn't have hurt, but numbers do have pretty low conversion rates in general. I agree with Merenguero that girls almost never deny giving you the number after a good conversation which ended on a positive or a neutral note (I'm still working on consistently asking for a number), but the number of girls who actually reply back to your first text is far fewer.

Did i screw up?

A number may have a low conversion rate but you have to start somewhere.

Did i screw up?

Cigarettes or a joint may have been able to help isolate her outside in the yard or street.

If you're looking to get laid all these minor conversation cues are frivilous.

Isolation and escalation should be at the forefront of your thoughts.

More alcohol for her is to shuttle things along.

Number crunch is a last resort.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Did i screw up?

Take it as a learning experience.
You say it was a friends party so presumably neither of you were there alone and there was alcohol. In that case, it could be argued that the situation was analogous to a club setting but in a domestic environment.
There's a lot to be said for feeling out the vibe, but standard operating procedure should still apply:
Infiltrate
Conversate
Seperate
Inebriate
Fornicate

Did i screw up?

The conversation topic isn't all that important. You can talk to a girl about the stupidest shit in the world and if she complies with your escalations it's all good. Next time try some sort of isolating move (like getting a drink or going for a cigarette) before you resort to getting a phone number. This will also have the effect of letting you know where you stand since a chick who intends on friendzoning you will not let you isolate her from her friends.

Did i screw up?

Forgot to mention, it was a mormon party... no alcohol and all her friends were next to her. I gotta adapt my game for them