rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ears don't look the same

Ears don't look the same

I've been having this problem for about a year, maybe longer if I didn't notice) but my ears look different when looking straight at me. One sticks out more.

Don't know how this happened, I usually always sleep on my right so it may have squashed my ear over time. Wear headphones alot too. My passport photo, ID hard and one other card all feature pics of me with different looking ears, looks stupid. I wonder if people notice this when facing me.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Ears don't look the same

Were you ever a wrestler or boxer?

Ears don't look the same

Quote: (09-16-2014 01:26 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

Were you ever a wrestler or boxer?

The latter, but not in over 3 years.

Shit, thinking about that maybe wearing tight ass headgear has something to do with it?

Ears don't look the same

Ya headgear or helmets sometimes do it. Could be a minor case of colliflower ear as well.

Ears don't look the same

Quote: (09-16-2014 02:40 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

Ya headgear or helmets sometimes do it. Could be a minor case of colliflower ear as well.

Damn, you know anything that can be done to ameliorate this?

Ears don't look the same

Quote: (09-16-2014 03:15 PM)Little Dark Wrote:  

You can have surgery to fix colliflower ear, its a fairly minor surgery not sure of the cost but it can be done. Look at some pics of what colliflower ear is and see if you have the excess cartilage and bulge or if your ear just sticks out, may not even be colliflower ear.

I bet its not as noticeable as you think to most people. Look at the link below shows a pic but also the guy who posted the question said his actually got worse after surgery so keep in mind though they may fix it they could also make it even worse.

http://www.realself.com/question/caulifl...california

Ears don't look the same

Quote: (09-16-2014 04:48 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

Quote: (09-16-2014 03:15 PM)Little Dark Wrote:  

You can have surgery to fix colliflower ear, its a fairly minor surgery not sure of the cost but it can be done. Look at some pics of what colliflower ear is and see if you have the excess cartilage and bulge or if your ear just sticks out, may not even be colliflower ear.

I bet its not as noticeable as you think to most people. Look at the link below shows a pic but also the guy who posted the question said his actually got worse after surgery so keep in mind though they may fix it they could also make it even worse.

http://www.realself.com/question/caulifl...california

Ok looking at the pics it's definitely not cauliflower ear. I don't remember which ear is the normal one, but I think the right one has moved inwards abit. I'll just leave it for now and see if it doesn't get worse.

Thanks for the information.

Ears don't look the same

I had the same problem since I was a kid. Dealt with it for my whole life till recently I decided have surgery. I found a good plastic surgeon in SD to do the procedure. Said surgery is called Otoplasty. Was fucking miserable for about 5-7 days with the first 2 terrible. That said, completely worth it, my face looks much more symmetrical now and has boosted my confidence immensely.

Not many people noticed, but a lot of people have commented that something is different and that I look great. It's worth looking into if you feel a bit self conscience about your ears. Shop around though, I got a great doctor from Harvard and was kinda expensive, I'm sure you could find it for way cheaper, but for me it's one of those things "you get what you pay for"

Any questions I'll be happy to answer, either here or PM.

Ears don't look the same

Own that shit.

Part of my facial hair doesn't grow even on one side, and is more patchy. Very few people have noticed and struggle to see it unless I bring it up.

Odds are, most people wouldn't notice the same about you either. We imagine it to be a bigger deal in our minds than it really is.