rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thinking about buying a motorcycle...

Hey, I was thinking about picking up a motorcycle for commuting to work and some small trips. Does anyone know anything about bikes here? I'm a complete rookie to the whole thing, but I have a lot of experience with high end ATV's and snowmobiles. I don't like the look of touring bikes so I'm probably gonna go with a sport bike... Maybe a 250 Ninja as a starter bike, then upgrade to a 600 when I get comfortable riding that?

Just go with a 600, you will want to upgrade after a week anyways

I started on a Ninja 500. Unless you're impulsive and unable to control your shit, an older 600 should be fine. Suzuki sv650 is a good choice.
The one benefit of a 500 is that you get a lot of respect when you smoke the guys on their 600s.

The easiest way to get your license is to take the MSF safety course. You can knock it out in a weekend:
http://online2.msf-usa.org/msf/Default.aspx

Here's a good book you should also read:
http://amzn.to/elZPzQ

As long as you have health insurance and assume everyone on the road is trying to hit you, you should be okay. Seriously, stupid drivers don't pay attention to bikers and will KILL YOU if you don't watch out. That said, I sold my bike because I got into too many close calls. It was hard to contain my speed and I didn't have the motivation or money to get on a track.

There are few more things:

1. Do not drink alcohol at all if you're riding. Even one beer can make a difference when you're not experienced. Being a little slow in a car, you'll may total your car but leave unscratched. Being a little slow on a bike, you may total yourself.

2. Dress up so you survive the fall. This may be tough when the temperature hits 100F, but it may mean a minor scratches versus a week in hospital.

3. If you don't have life insurance yet, expect it to be harder to qualify, and pay more (unless you get it through employer). Less companies would insure you, and you'll end up paying extra.

I have my motorcycle license but not riding anything right now. I love that shit though, makes me feel more like a man. I'm wondering if any of you guys have noticed any significant benefits to 'motorcycle game'? Like, walking into a bar with the leather jacket and helmet...

Same as Roosh. I had a used Ducati 900 I rode for 2 years. Loved it but I went down one day and could have died. I learned quickly that I enjoyed being alive more than I liked riding motorcycles.

I still ride dirt-bikes on country dirt roads which is even more fun. I wont go back to a street bike. Too many idiots on the road.

"I'm wondering if any of you guys have noticed any significant benefits to 'motorcycle game'?"

My old running partner (heavy G, one of the few that could trade shots with me, married to a model and lives on the beach in LA with 2 kids now and multiple cribs), used to always use Motorcycle Game.

Rolled a old-school Triumph.

He told me it was always a done deal when he rolled up to pick up a girl for a date.

And I know the quality of girl he got. Nearly Impeccable.

So yeah, I would say it is a huge "add-on" to already super strong Game. But then again, this guy didn't even need it.

What up G, Funny you mentioned Triumph bikes, I have a Fancy for Choppers and recently saw few Triumphs that look like a cross beteween crotch rockets and Harleys.

I personally don't like Crotchrockets and Love Choppers, OCC choppers are way expensive and was looking at Honda Fury but now looking into Triumph bikes.

I'm waiting for Mixx to chime Inn and also would like to see what the forum thinks about Crotchrockets Vs Harleys ? What Kind of Girls each attract ?

"Timidity is dangerous, Better to enter with boldness. Any mistakes you commit through audacity are easily corrected with more audacity." (Robert Greene)

Quote: (03-28-2011 08:24 PM)docsedated Wrote:  

What up G, Funny you mentioned Triumph bikes, I have a Fancy for Choppers and recently saw few Triumphs that look like a cross beteween crotch rockets and Harleys.

I personally don't like Crotchrockets and Love Choppers, OCC choppers are way expensive and was looking at Honda Fury but now looking into Triumph bikes.

I'm waiting for Mixx to chime Inn and also would like to see what the forum thinks about Crotchrockets Vs Harleys ? What Kind of Girls each attract ?

I think I saw the same Triumph in some fashion magazine (GQ perhaps) it looked truly amazing. I know quite a few girls that are horny for guys on Harleys, I think younger girls prefer the crotch rockets.
Bikes seem to get a better response than cars!!

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

its funny because in brazil the only thing girls will think of a guy on any bike is that he cant afford a car

Motorcycle game is very easy, and significantly shortens the time needed to find out if she is serious about fucking you, per that one Roosh post.
I learned on a Suzuki 500, and then upgraded to a Ducati 750 Supersport.
The game is played as follows: when you get a date, show up on your bike. The girl may say she's scared, etc. but believe me, she'll want a ride. Just promise you'll go easy. Always carry a second helmet. Put it on her and show her how to get up on the seat behind you. Now comes the test - if she starts fumbling around, asking where the handles are to hold on to, etc. - forget it. Now, if she wraps her hands around your waist, and when you accelerate the bike if she tightens her grip till it hurts - then, my friend, you may already count one more notch on your belt.

And some advice: don't go to places where bikers go (like, for example, several years ago in DC it used to be next to the Sequoia on the waterfront) - there will be tens of other bikes there, you'll get lost in the crowd, and if a bike groupie went there, she will pick the shiniest bike and the baddest-ass biker anyway (and there will always be one better than you). Just pick up girls like you normally would, but when you get a date, show up on the bike.

Quote: (03-27-2011 09:07 PM)Khaleth Wrote:  

Hey, I was thinking about picking up a motorcycle for commuting to work and some small trips. Does anyone know anything about bikes here? I'm a complete rookie to the whole thing, but I have a lot of experience with high end ATV's and snowmobiles. I don't like the look of touring bikes so I'm probably gonna go with a sport bike... Maybe a 250 Ninja as a starter bike, then upgrade to a 600 when I get comfortable riding that?

If don't have any experience with a motorcycle, then maybe buying a Ninja 250 is a good idea because a 600 might be too much for you. You can find used ones cheap on craigslist (your first bike should be used since you will drop/lay it down). However, don't buy a used bike that is more than about 5 years old. Too many potential problems.

However, you have to think about this through first. Do you want to ride a motorcycle every day?

I drive a motorcycle everyday, and it can be a pain at times. Riding a motorcycle is a bitch whenever it is cold, windy, or raining. Plus, if you are riding everyday for work you will have to make sure you give it regular maintenance. Motorcycles generally need more maintenance than a car.

As for "motorcycle game," ahh...I think it is a wash. The pluses of having motorcycle are thoroughly outweighed by the minuses. Try bringing a chick home who is wearing a tiny, skin tight dress and heels on a motorcycle. Not going to happen. There have been times I have just called a cab and headed the her place because of the logistical issues with having a motorcycle (i picked up my bike the next day).

I personally am going to buy a car soon, and keep the motorcycle for the weekends.

I thought everybody knew, chicks dig motorcycles.

Thats the oldest trick in the book. I have ridden a Harley and a sport bike.

But, don't think that getting a bike is all the sudden gonna turn you into a bad ass. Its not the bike, its the personality of the guy riding the bike. But, riding a bike will help you form your bad ass mentality. It is liberating and empowering and helps you get over your fears.

Perfect for afternoon dates in the spring and summer.

Thanks for the info guys. I found a good deal on the 250 so I'll probably go with that for now. Its just for commuting so I won't need all that extra power till Im comfortable.

Roosh- Thanks for the course recommendation. I'm Canadian but there's an equivalent for it here and I think its only a weekend too.

Haha I was watching a documentary on drug dealing in Vancouver last night, and they were talking about how this new gang was emerging from the middle class that was unifying every race for one ultimate gang... They were called the UN gang and their leader was named Roosh... Random haha

I love the idea of riding a bike, however, I know 2 people that have died on one and one who was almost made into a quad (2+ years of bedridden recovery).

I think that if I lived in the southwest I might consider one (wide, long, lonely stretches of road). However, its not in the cards where I live now.

Something like this might be a bit safer, but would it completely fail to impress any chicks??

http://en-us.spyder. brp.com/home.aspx

Quote: (03-28-2011 09:51 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I think I saw the same Triumph in some fashion magazine (GQ perhaps) it looked truly amazing. I know quite a few girls that are horny for guys on Harleys, I think younger girls prefer the crotch rockets.
Bikes seem to get a better response than cars!!

I had a Triumph (great bike), and now I own a Harley V-rod. Younger girls (under 25) definitely prefer crotch rockets, and cannot really appreciate a Harley.

My brother is a crotch rocket guy, but he is 24yo.

Crotch Rockets and Harley cruisers is like the story of the young bull and the old bull:

Young Bull:"Hey dad, look at all those damn cows in the field waiting to get fucked"
Old Bull:"Yup - I see 'em"
YB:"I'm gonna run down there as fast as I can, and fuck me one of those cows...c'mom let's go!"
OB:"I got a better idea son: why don't we walk down there....and fuck 'em all."

Mixx

Honda CBR 600 RR

I want that bike but then I'm sure I would die. Nobody respects bikers here.

Got my first dirt bike at 5 y.o. Bought my first FLSTC at 20. Getting pussy was a great bi-product of having a bike. Back then having a Harley was a status symbol in SOCAL. Girls would literally beg for a ride. Especially when riding off the beaten path, like coffee shops, where other riders didn't frequent.

For my next bike, I've considered a '76 Triumph, HD Crossbones, or something similar to a Sucker Punch Sally.

This one next for me
[attachment=2982]
This looks exactly like a resto of mine
[attachment=2983]
I'm not sure why but can ride this on one wheel all day
[attachment=2984]
I need one of these asap in green
[attachment=2985]
Hardest resto ever $400 for half the rear fender (same bike but not the one I did)
[attachment=2986]

Get an armored jacket, the kind with shells in the elbows and shoulders. My shoulder is a little fucked up for life because of just one 25 mph fall. Also there's a spine protector. Ever see a guy in his 30's in a wheelchair or on a cane? Ever wonder how they got that way?

This my dream bike, and I m trying to save money for it..

Rooshes advice is on point. Ride like every car is out to kill you.

I used to teach motorcycle lessons in Calgary, and I would often recommend to guys to go for a larger cc bike. When you find yourself in a jam, its better to be snap your way out then to hit the brakes.

I started riding dirt when I was 5 and have had bike ever since. Sport bikes have been the most thrilling, but suck most of the time. In the city they are horrible, and when you can hit 200km/hr in third no problem, they get very dangerous (I had a CBR 600 for two years).

Here are some of my favorites over the last 25 years.

I got this when I turned 16. Great bike for road trips, lots of power from the V750 twin, and comfortable. Now it sits in my Dads garage with about 15 other bikes.

[Image: vt750c-84.jpg]

Fixed up one of these and rode it around Mexico for 5 months before crashing it. It still ran, but was fucked so I passed it off to a young bartender.
[Image: 1977_GS550_450.jpg]

I am on this guy here at the moment. I FUCKING love it. Puts me into terrain and backcountry I would have never seen before. Its been around North America, including Alaska, Yukon and NW Territories. I have to pack very light as the tent and sleeping bag take up half the available space.
[Image: DRZ2007.jpg]

I have a feeling this is gonna be my next bike. Great highway cruiser and just develish enough to make the city scared.

[Image: harley-davidson-iron-883-2.jpg]

Good stuff! That shadow 5 was a great bike! The GS gave me half a hard on!! I miss the noise of those old Suzuki camshafts..Reminds me of young pussy..
That DR is bad ass I had the idea(stupid) of ground pounding one and adding street tires. I got to rip one in Ocala once..Good shit!
Blacked out Sporty is ok but don't like the mids too much.