rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Report: 38 Men in US Military Raped Each Day

Quote:Quote:

According to the Pentagon, 38 military men are sexually assaulted every single day, and since the victims usually don't speak out, the perpetrators nearly always go free.

Steve Stovey is one such victim, who joined the US Navy soon after turning 25, in the hope of seeing the world. In the first year and a half, Stovey tells GQ magazine, that he had the greatest time of his life, however, in the late September of 1999, he faced the unknown, when he was physically abused in a remote storage area of the ship.

“One of the myths is that the perpetrators identify as gay, which is by and large not the case. It's not about the sex. It's about power and control. In a hypermasculine culture, what's the worst thing you can do to another man? Force him into what the culture perceives as a feminine role"
- James Asbrand, Psychologist, Salt Lake City Veterans Affairs

Stovey recalls being sent to get supplies from the storage area, and shortly after he was attacked by three men who threw a black hood over his head and sodomized him. He remained in hiding, in a bathroom until the pain receded.

Two weeks later, when the ship reached Hawaii and Stovey was united with his father, he recalls the meeting as the hope that kept him from killing himself, saying the timing was, "almost a miracle. When I saw him, it was the most safe feeling I'd ever felt in my whole life." Yet, Stovey kept the secret. "I couldn't tell him," he added.

An estimated 14,000 military men were assaulted in 2012 alone, according to GQ magazine.

"One of the myths is that the perpetrators identify as gay, which is by and large not the case. It's not about the sex. It's about power and control. In a hypermasculine culture, what's the worst thing you can do to another man? Force him into what the culture perceives as a feminine role," said James Asbrand, a psychologist with the Salt Lake City Veterans Affairs.

Victims Speak Out

Dana Chipman, who served as a Judge advocate general for the US Army from 2009 to 2013 explained: "The way we socialize people probably has some effect on the incidents. We cut your hair, and we give you the same clothes, and we tell you that you have no more privacy, you have no more individual rights—we're gonna take you down to your bare essence and then rebuild you in our image."

In a series of interviews with military officials, GQ reveals that some victims, like Kole Welsh from the US Army (2002-07) suffered permanent physical scars as well.

"I had actually let the assault go, because I didn't want it to interfere with my career. But there was some residual damage. A month and a half later, I was brought into a room with about nine officers and told: 'You've tested positive [for HIV].' I was removed from the military and signed out within a day. It was a complete shock," said Welsh.

Matthew Own who served in the US Army from 1976-to-1980 says he's tried to forgive his perpetrators in order to heal, but it has been hard.

"My thought of what I would do to them is, I would first tie 'em down to a table. Then I would take a blowtorch, and I would slowly roast them from their toes to the top of their head. You know how long that's been on my mind?"

Research reveals that military sexual trauma (MST) victims are often falsely diagnosed with personality disorders so that they can be discharged without the government bearing the cost of aftercare required in treating post traumatic stress disorders (PTSD).

An estimated 31,000 military personnel were involuntarily discharged for personality disorders between 2001 and 2010.

"If they want you to be schizophrenic, you're schizophrenic," says Trent Smith, an MST survivor.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/us-38-men-raped...ay-1464947

Does anyone believe this?

Or is it more "proof" that men are all rapists with underlying homosexual tendencies?

What the fuck. Sounds fake. I'm sure we got a few military dudes on this board... Can yall comment on this?

I smell bullshit.

Well I was in the army infantry, so I don't know about anything else, but no. Never even heard a hint of a man getting sexually assaulted when I was in.

The army absolutely does sweep all kinds of shit under the rug though. I'm not getting into details but I knew a couple guys who died under very suspicious circumstances that were ruled suicides, for example. I witnessed plenty of crimes get basically ignored by the people in command because prosecution would stain their reputations and make it hard to get promoted. But if 38 men per day were getting sexually assaulted in the military, the rumor mill would've spread word to every corner of the armed forces.

Quote: (09-11-2014 02:59 AM)weambulance Wrote:  

Well I was in the army infantry, so I don't know about anything else, but no. Never even heard a hint of a man getting sexually assaulted when I was in.

The army absolutely does sweep all kinds of shit under the rug though. I'm not getting into details but I knew a couple guys who died under very suspicious circumstances that were ruled suicides, for example. I witnessed plenty of crimes get basically ignored by the people in command because prosecution would stain their reputations and make it hard to get promoted. But if 38 men per day were getting sexually assaulted in the military, the rumor mill would've spread word to every corner of the armed forces.

38 a day sounds way too high especially if they are talking in modern times. Perhaps in the 70s or 80s a lot more of this shit was going on, I can somewhat believe that, even more so when u consider guys had been routinely discharged for being gay I could understand the fear of admitting these things took place.

But in a modern context this is less plausible. Everybody has known for years what goes down in prison etc, i don't see how they could keep this a secret so long if it was just as widespread in the military.

I think that 38 a day statistic is just a bullshit number like the 1 in 4 campus rapes. If they had said 4 a day in the military maybe I could believe that.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

This sounds like absolute horse shit.

Where are they getting these numbers?

"unreported cases"?

Those numbers are high even including all military branches. I've heard many stories about prison style rapes in the Navy. In my command alone we had one occur while out to sea. The funny thing is the guy who got rape was a homo (flamer) The guy (raper) got send to the brig and then discharge in port.

Some salt dogs told me it happens more often than I think weather we out to sea or not. He told me about a gang rapes in Japan. It wouldn't surprise me if more than half those rapes in the military are from Navy.

Quote: (01-06-2015 04:37 AM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  
You can bring broads to logic but you can't force them to think.

I smell bullshit.

8 years 7 months and 23 days in the United States Army Infantry and I have never, ever heard of anything like this. Everyone in the military during the first Gulf War heard the urban legend of the "Ether Bunny", guy would put an ether soaked rag on his roommates pillow while he slept to keep him unconscious for sex. He was supposedly sent to Leavenworth when the roommate went to the doctor.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Total hossshit. I never saw it in 12 years active, 13 years reserve. Did see some other weird stuff, including a Mad Shitter in barracks and a civilian guy who was finding troops off-base and paying whores to have sex with them while he watched.

The sexual witch hunting in the military now is incredible, with the most ridiculous charges going to courts-martial and commanders being relieved right and left. Read Stars & Stripes.

This is just an effort to try to make these hunts by witches not seem totally like a War on Men.

Because, like, um, men get raped, too!

The reporter with the byline is cute though.[Image: heart.gif]
[Image: Maria_010-2.jpg]

"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash." - Winston Churchill.

You can bet that the people advancing these claims are the people who would have to deal with them if they came forward. If you convince people there is more rape going on, you get more funding and more heads and more prominence to "fight sexual assault."

Very strong WB on that one.

She's got a great big mouth perfect for getting your dick sucked. Nice blowjob lips

Christopher Hitchens mentioned in his memoir about sodomy in English schools, so combined with that Churchill quote, makes me wonder what the fuck was going on in the early 20th century across the pond.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

So out of curiosity I did some grade-school math.

1,360,000 million active personnel in the U.S. military

38 people raped a day x 365 days in a year = 13,870 rapes a year

13,870/1,360,000 = .01, ie 1% of active military personnel in the U.S. military raped each year.

So over 10 years, 10% of the military is raped. So basically, however many years you served, that's your chance of getting raped. If a group of people all served 10 years, you'd expect 1 out of 10 of them to have been raped.

So yea, that's a very large number.

At first 38 a day didn't seem that big considering how huge the military is, but yea, if yearly 1% of an organization is being raped...

That's also more rapes than what happens every year in prisons, and more forcible rapes that happen to women around the country per year.

If this is true, that means that the vast majority (~2/3) of rape victims are men.

If this is true then it's further proof that gays do not belong in the military and need to be rooted out ASAP.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

This is complete bullshit, I never heard of anything remotely like that happening.

Everyone pretty much knows everyone else's business when you're in the armed forces, how could the victim even hide the damage an assault like that would cause?

The victim would be bruised all over, if not near death, his buddies and sergeant would ask a million questions, and then there'd be hell to pay for the perpetrators. This doesn't add up at all.

Logistically, someone would have to coordinate the assault between THREE people, then execute it, then keep it quiet afterwards?

Then the victim supposedly just "walked it off" and kept it under wraps??? No way.

There's no way.

That stuff wouldn't fly in any part of the U.S. Armed forces, and if somehow three psychopaths managed to find each other and coordinate an attack like this, they would be caught and justice would be served.

38 * 365 / (1219510*) = ~1,13% chance of male US soldiers to get raped every year, according to story.

That seems low, but average time of enlisting = 14,7 years

That would make the chance of to ever get raped, while enlisted, go up to 14,7 * 1,13% = 16,7%

Now, unless some other phenomenon takes place, like some guys to get raped 10-100 times, this seems like an awfully high percentage.

More likely, the figure of 38/day seems wrong -- something like ~3,8/day would be possible (0,11%/year, 1,67%/total enlisting)

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Armed_Forces (Men only)
** http://www.ehow.com/facts_7637481_averag...itary.html

Army, 11B, OIF 2005 here. Only 4 years in but the story is complete bullshit.
Who knows though, probably in the Navy [Image: lol.gif]

This is such a bullshit line, too: "One of the myths is that the perpetrators identify as gay, which is by and large not the case. It's not about the sex. It's about power and control. In a hypermasculine culture, what's the worst thing you can do to another man? Force him into what the culture perceives as a feminine role," said James Asbrand, a psychologist with the Salt Lake City Veterans Affairs."

If rape is about power and control, why do men (outside of prison) rape women?

Men beat other men up to establish dominance. Men rape women. Why don't mean beat women up? Or rape more men?

Quote: (09-11-2014 02:24 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

This is such a bullshit line, too: "One of the myths is that the perpetrators identify as gay, which is by and large not the case. It's not about the sex. It's about power and control. In a hypermasculine culture, what's the worst thing you can do to another man? Force him into what the culture perceives as a feminine role," said James Asbrand, a psychologist with the Salt Lake City Veterans Affairs."

Men beat other men up to establish dominance. Men rape women. Why don't mean beat women up? Or rape more men?

That was the quote that really jumped out at me as them pushing an agenda.

It's basically saying:

Even straight men fuck each other in the ass.

But only straight men rape.

And in fact, straight men are such natural rapists that they also rape other men.

Quote: (09-11-2014 11:35 AM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

If this is true then it's further proof that gays do not belong in the military and need to be rooted out ASAP.

This has nothing to do with gays.
Gay dudes aren't going around raping straight dudes the military.

I am the cock carousel

Yes, gays have everything to do with this?

If a straight dude rapes a man, he kind of is not straight.

Quote: (09-11-2014 02:24 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

The whole "rape isn't about sex" bit sounds just as retarded as saying that robbing a bank isn't about the money.

Quote: (09-11-2014 10:28 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

So out of curiosity I did some grade-school math.

1,360,000 million active personnel in the U.S. military

38 people raped a day x 365 days in a year = 13,870 rapes a year

13,870/1,360,000 = .01, ie 1% of active military personnel in the U.S. military raped each year.

So over 10 years, 10% of the military is raped. So basically, however many years you served, that's your chance of getting raped. If a group of people all served 10 years, you'd expect 1 out of 10 of them to have been raped.

So yea, that's a very large number.

At first 38 a day didn't seem that big considering how huge the military is, but yea, if yearly 1% of an organization is being raped...

Yes. And note they're claiming 38 men are raped every day.

Of those 1.3 million active duty personnel, 15% are women.

So that's 1.1 million men. 38 raped a day means if you serve 10 years you'd have a 12% chance of being raped.

[Image: article-1303248-0ACDBF70000005DC-789_468x332.jpg]
Picture is unrelated.

Or in other words, they're saying the rate of rape in the US armed forces is twenty times higher than it is in the most crime-ridden big city in America - Detroit.

Which is obviously bollocks.

Skeptical.

Attention whoring is not confined to one gender only.