rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to stop being a pussy?

Hey guys,
I have to admit I read all of this and I think to myself, “Golly, I really wish I could do that.” As in quit my shitty 9 to 5 in cubical hell and find liberation through traveling the world.

I’ve had a taste of all of it. I’ve been to 30 something countries, lived abroad and saw how awesome it was, and even made some $$$ running my own PUA company for a while. So I’ve had a sense of it, but I suppose with the ‘failure’ of my PUA business, I sorta started believing that I couldn’t do it.

I know tons of guys that have broke out of the matrix (Hell, even some of you on here) and have seen how it works, but I can’t seem to get my mind wrapped around really doing it. Maybe it’s from an up bring of having ‘Get a good job and settle down’ crammed down my throat, or just from having the PUA company thing not pan out. But anyway about it, I can’t seem just to get the extra push to try to live my dream. Instead I’m writing to you from my cube here in San Francisco, thinking to myself. “WTF am I doing with my life?”

I suppose what I want to know is how did you finally ‘get it’? Like it really dawned on you that you could have your own online business and that it was no longer just hustling until you could find a ‘Real Job’? I want to know what motivated or inspired you to really take it on and when did you find that you were treading water instead of just flailing not to drown?

I want to know how I can stop being a pussy and living in fear of going broke, and start living like this life is really mine?

Your best bet is to train in a skill that will give you a real job. Then do the online thing on the side. Only a very small number of guys here make an online living. Most businesses don't pan out, on or offline. Also, having a real skillset will give you insight into ways to make money online.

Seriously, stop wasting time and train for a real job. The sooner that you get started, the better off that you will be.

If you had your own PUA business, then you know about the importance of not giving a damn about the outcome of a particular interaction. It could go your way, but it might not; either way, you are doing exactly what you want by pursuing a particular girl. You have to apply this to your life. So you fail after trying really hard to follow your dream. So what? Who are you trying to impress? Who is going to laugh and point at you and call you a failure? Who is even going to care enough to do so?

I get the sense there is another issue you don’t want to deal with that you haven’t posted about here. Who crammed “Get a good job and settle down” down your throat? Obviously that idea won’t make you happy or you would not have written here. If you are religious, keep in mind that life on earth is nothing compared to the eternity that follows. If you are not religious, then you are a chemical accident that happened on a rock orbiting the sun, and this all will be meaningless in the long run. You may as well go after what really makes you happy instead of worrying about what other people think, and even they are not thinking about your economic and social status nearly as much as you may think they are.

Quote: (03-25-2011 03:00 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

Your best bet is to train in a skill that will give you a real job. Then do the online thing on the side. Only a very small number of guys here make an online living. Most businesses don't pan out, on or offline. Also, having a real skillset will give you insight into ways to make money online.

Seriously, stop wasting time and train for a real job. The sooner that you get started, the better off that you will be.

What do you mean, by train for a real job? So then, what is he doing now?

The only way for true liberation, is to run your own business. Working for someone else is a mugs game (unless you like it). Do something on the side, work it like it was all you've got and when it builds up to a certain point where it makes more than your normal 9-5, then jump on board and ride away, bebeeeeee

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote:Quote:

If you had your own PUA business, then you know about the importance of not giving a damn about the outcome of a particular interaction. It could go your way, but it might not; either way, you are doing exactly what you want by pursuing a particular girl. You have to apply this to your life. So you fail after trying really hard to follow your dream. So what? Who are you trying to impress? Who is going to laugh and point at you and call you a failure? Who is even going to care enough to do so?

It's funny, with women it's so much easier - I suppose that's just because I have all of my reference experiences and I can 'see' the matrix and how it works. With business and making money, I know about it, but I don't 'see' it, if that makes any sense. And I'm not religious, I think it's more about me feeling like a failure (mostly my own shit about just a feeling that I have, yes, something to work on) and being afraid of falling down on my face. I think it's really just one of those things that I have to do it, fail, realize it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and that will help me to keep going until I succeed. It's really just getting that first push.

It's similar to how some of the first approaches that you ever did were TERRIFYING and then when you did it, you bombed, and more or less laughed about it because it was so stupid that you spent so much time and energy being scared of something that really didn't matter. I think I'm just at the start of that, I haven't done my approaches, so I'm shaking in my boots being concerned with all of the 'what if's' that most likely won't even happen.

I guess it's just one of those things that you have to do. I guess I just need to push forward with a few of my ideas, fall on my face (or make it successful), and as I learn and get better, there will eventually just be a click where I get that I can make money online and on my own with my own business. Similar to how there was a click with PU, one day after having some success, I just kinda got it. I just realized that I could meet a chick at a bar and get laid that night and it was no big deal. I suppose I just need to do the same with business.

Eh?...it depends on the job that you do. I have a regular 'ole 9-to-5 but I...

- barely work 40 hours a week
- commute 10 minutes from home
- often come home for lunch
- possess high-demand computer/I.T./software skills
- been in 6-figures for over 10 years

I don't even manage folks. Due to the market rate on database professionals, me and my manager are at the same level. I know folks with their own business working more hours and still earning less. I don't consider myself having less freedom. My manager doesn't "stand over me" while I work. Hell, HE KNOWS that folks like me can leave his project high-and-dry and work for another defense contractor the next day. It all depends on what you do.

....Oh and one more thing...If a chick is not NEAR my income, I don't date them. That keeps more money to yourself also.

Quote: (03-25-2011 03:43 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (03-25-2011 03:00 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

What do you mean, by train for a real job? So then, what is he doing now?

The only way for true liberation, is to run your own business. Working for someone else is a mugs game (unless you like it). Do something on the side, work it like it was all you've got and when it builds up to a certain point where it makes more than your normal 9-5, then jump on board and ride away, bebeeeeee

If you read closely, according to him, he's close to going broke. It sounds like he's in a low skill position where he doesn't make much. Probably entry level. That's not a career. (real job). If he was just running a 'PUA Company' recently, I guarantee he doesn't have a real career yet. Especially given that he has time to fantasize about being a 4-hour workweek type of guy. He should be training or in school.

Also, Moma, despite popular opinion, it generally takes a prior skill-set to capitalize on a profitable niche to lead the lifestyle that he dreams of. Due to the nature of markets and competition, businesses with low barriers to entry, or that are based on easily attained knowledge, are going to either have extremely thin profits or are going to be non-starters.

So, have you achieved this liberation in running your own business? It sounds like you are pretty convinced of your advice. Have you run one business that would enable you to say that your advice is a good risk for this guy who is so obviously lost and without a real competitive edge in anything?

Well, my job is a bullshit customer service job where I only make 40K a year. I'm going back to graduate school in the fall for the 'career' skill set, but for me, I value mobility much more than I do income level. It would also be nice to have some sort of income that I could work on while I'm in school, and something that I can focus on during by summer and winter breaks.

The reason that I am going back to school is I agree with the idea of building a skill-set that is valuable and has high barriers to entry, BUT I also want to have some sort of an online business and know how to generate my own income. It just blows feeling like you always have to work for someone else, or be tied down to a location to get some cash. For me it's more about liberating myself from the confines of having to work for someone else - I don't want that.

I suppose the upside is I am only 25 years old, so I got a fair amount of time to work on this.

Right.

I empathize. What you have to do is build a skill in something that people want to know about. I did it with Real Estate (although I didn't get into it because people wanted to know about it). I then came up with a unique strategy, that works, and wrote a book about it. Everything is still in progress, though. But you are where I was at 8 years ago.

You have to sell a product or a service.

Service examples:

Lead generation
Advertising (on your website)
Labor such as physically doing something for someone (programming, etc)

Product examples:
Info products (Roosh, me eventually)
Clothes
Widgets
etc

You have to drive traffic to your website through content generation or just throwing raw cash at advertising. Content generation is the bootstrap method. So go learn about something that you can later write about online, and that people will come to read about in large numbers. OR write something about an extremely small but valuable niche and become the authority. I don't know, become a programmer and write a unique book coding for a very specific type of website. Become and engineer and write a very specific, high priced book on engineering. Get my drift? Nothing that is worthwhile is easy. That's the only truism that I can relate when it comes to this. It'll be a lot of work, and nothing is guaranteed. Just keep your goals in mind.

Do you want to 'stop being a pussy' or make real money, as they are not necessary the same thing? Take Urban Nerd for example. He likes his safe job making 6 figures helping old American white guys kill brown people for profit as a cog in the 'defense' contracting biz, but is that what you are after or location independence? If you go for the safe gig, you might get a rude awakening one day when your boss finds out he can hire someone to migrate a 20,000 table SQL DB for $3/hr. As you get fed up, your balls will either grow or wither.

Quote: (03-25-2011 06:34 PM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

....Oh and one more thing...If a chick is not NEAR my income, I don't date them. That keeps more money to yourself also.

How so?

Women with money will spend it on you. Women that don't have money will require that you spend it on them.

Also, if you get married or get her pregnant, your generally more protected the more money that she makes (especially with marriage). Its when you make a lot and she makes a little/nothing that you wind up paying her a lot.

I can't think of one situation when dating a woman with money is not better.

Quote: (03-26-2011 01:37 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

How so?

Women with money will spend it on you. Women that don't have money will require that you spend it on them.

Also, if you get married or get her pregnant, your generally more protected the more money that she makes (especially with marriage). Its when you make a lot and she makes a little/nothing that you wind up paying her a lot.

I think you misread what he said. He's saying he only dates women who are near his income level.

Quote: (03-26-2011 01:15 PM)truedat Wrote:  

Do you want to 'stop being a pussy' or make real money, as they are not necessary the same thing? Take Urban Nerd for example. He likes his safe job making 6 figures helping old American white guys kill brown people for profit

Here we fucking go again.

Quote: (03-26-2011 01:44 PM)emh Wrote:  

Quote: (03-26-2011 01:37 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

How so?

I think you misread what he said. He's saying he only dates women who are near his income level.

oh yeah. I did. I was wondering what guy doesn't like money...

Im white FYI, but I will tone it down for the sensitive among us. I will be sure to keep my questions more like this 'where can a white man get some good pussy down in (insert non white country here).'

TD

Quote: (03-26-2011 01:15 PM)truedat Wrote:  

Do you want to 'stop being a pussy' or make real money, as they are not necessary the same thing? Take Urban Nerd for example. He likes his safe job making 6 figures helping old American white guys kill brown people for profit as a cog in the 'defense' contracting biz, but is that what you are after or location independence? If you go for the safe gig, you might get a rude awakening one day when your boss finds out he can hire someone to migrate a 20,000 table SQL DB for $3/hr. As you get fed up, your balls will either grow or wither.

LOL...Hey, I know that USA enemies and bad foreign policies = food on my table. Someone has to work in it. As for finding someone to do my job for $3/hour??...It can happen, but since it hasn't happened in close to 20 years, I think the pace won't catch me before retirement or enough saved in 401K/IRA.

Quote: (03-25-2011 07:01 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

So, have you achieved this liberation in running your own business? It sounds like you are pretty convinced of your advice. Have you run one business that would enable you to say that your advice is a good risk for this guy who is so obviously lost and without a real competitive edge in anything?

It's the only way. He should work at whatever he's got and work at something that will give him his own independence at the end of the day and the chance to control his source of revenue and dicate his own terms.

I have absolute confidence in that. It's what I am doing and it is panning out.

Your advice is good as well but maybe there is a reason that a 25 year old is working a call center. Maybe he doesn't like working for others. Yes, he can definitely go to school and find a career, etc but why hasn't he done that already.

Maybe he is a free bird and the concept of stacking skills to work from some cronie paralyses him.

Working at something on the side while having the main source income is the best way for one to launch their own private enterprise.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (03-29-2011 12:50 PM)Moma Wrote:  

It's the only way. He should work at whatever he's got and work at something that will give him his own independence at the end of the day and the chance to control his source of revenue and dicate his own terms.

I have absolute confidence in that. It's what I am doing and it is panning out.

Your advice is good as well but maybe there is a reason that a 25 year old is working a call center. Maybe he doesn't like working for others. Yes, he can definitely go to school and find a career, etc but why hasn't he done that already.

Maybe he is a free bird and the concept of stacking skills to work from some cronie paralyses him.

Working at something on the side while having the main source income is the best way for one to launch their own private enterprise.

I agree with all of the philosophy, and am pursuing things along those lines myself. I guess my point is that he should maybe hedge his bets, because risk doesn't always work out. Pursuing a business without a real safety net as a career/or just livable income can be psychologically brutal.

Additionally, it can cause you to make business decisions that aren't necessarily very good, because you are so desperately trying to make something work.

That's just my perspective, but again, I'm with you on what is ultimately an optimal lifestyle.

How to kill your inner pussy?

ok. maybe that was a misleading thread title, but still relevant.

I'm in this situation trying to break from the 9-5. I'm 26.

I think there is no one solution to get what you want. You need to develop your own style that is unique to you.

For example, what the database guy is doing is legit but his strategy might not work for you. You mentioned you're in customer service, you could think of it as an opportunity to develop people-skills/sales (which is a crucial business skill that can not be outsourced).

My point is to treat the advise people who broke out of the matrix as a means to pollinate and develop your own ideas so you can work on your own style. I hope this makes sense.

In my case, I have started developing the pillars of my wealth which first includes my health. My logic is rather simple, developing your health is a win-win situation. At this moment, I am focusing on developing habits that will maximize my success in the long run.

My current approach philosophy is expressed as:

"success occurs when preparation meets opportunity"