rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Colombia Accommodations

Colombia Accommodations

Im going to Medellin soon and To meet a girl i have been talking with for months..I can only stay for three days so im looking for the nicest resort i can find that has a bar big grounds etc....

Colombia Accommodations

Quote: (03-25-2011 12:29 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Im going to Medellin soon and To meet a girl i have been talking with for months..I can only stay for three days so im looking for the nicest resort i can find that has a bar big grounds etc....

Look no further than this place! It's 2nd to none. It is located on the trendiest area of Medellin in Parque Lleras in Poblado.

http://www.thecharlee.com/

Do me a favor; write up a data sheet of your experience here.

Mixx

Colombia Accommodations

Thanks I will for sure! I could use a little advice about doing this because im kinda a newbee..I met this girl on badoo and we chat or talk everyday.She speaks ok english and no espanol for me....im 41 shes 31..goes to school and goodlooking.I wonder if she just wants a greencard sometimes..Im no slouch here and have way more game than any of my friends and have lived in europe a while..its hard for me to put a read on her..

Colombia Accommodations

Quote: (03-25-2011 03:45 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Thanks I will for sure! I could use a little advice about doing this because im kinda a newbee..I met this girl on badoo and we chat or talk everyday.She speaks ok english and no espanol for me....im 41 shes 31..goes to school and goodlooking.I wonder if she just wants a greencard sometimes..Im no slouch here and have way more game than any of my friends and have lived in europe a while..its hard for me to put a read on her..

Just flow with it...and causally bring up the fact that you intend to live in Colombia for the remainder of your life, and leave US behind. See how she reacts to that. A woman who really wants you (and not a green card) woudl be ecstatic at the thought of you never leaving Colombia.

If you sniff shadiness, enjoy the few bangs you get form her, and move on to the next Colombiana. I remember my very first Colombiana...man, she had the finest pair of silky, smooth and toned legs I have seen to date.

Mixx

Colombia Accommodations

I know!! I will figure it out really quick!! I have to have a back up plan so i dont waste my time down there and im going to stay at thecharlee...great tip..thanks..

Colombia Accommodations

Wow that place looks fantastic and it's not as expensive as I thought it might be. I'm definitely going to stay a few nights there if I make it to Medellin on this trip.

You can even have a chef cook for you in the room on your own private Teppanyaki Grill - lol.

Colombia Accommodations

Room rental:
http://www.compartoapto.com/

Others:
http://www.medellinapartments.info/index-1.html
http://internationalhousemedellin.com/
http://www.calirentals.net/

Colombia Accommodations

Yo Mechanico! Back from Medellin yet? Looking forward to your quick update on the scene based on your 3 days there.

Mixx

Colombia Accommodations

Mixx..I have bad news about my trip.The day before I was supposed to leave I hurt my foot at work and couldnt walk. I still can barley put pressure on it. I went to the doctor and she told me that I had a sinus infection too...I thought It was allergies. So Im on hold untill the beginning of next month.Ill keep you posted.

Colombia Accommodations

Quote: (04-22-2011 04:54 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Mixx..I have bad news about my trip.The day before I was supposed to leave I hurt my foot at work and couldnt walk. I still can barley put pressure on it. I went to the doctor and she told me that I had a sinus infection too...I thought It was allergies. So Im on hold untill the beginning of next month.Ill keep you posted.

Bummer. BTW, another hotel up there in style/class with the charlee is San Fernando Plaza hotel.

http://www.hotelsfp.com/

Mixx

Colombia Accommodations

A friend and I are renting these two one bedroom flats in Cali for the month of June for 2.5 million each.

http://family.webshots.com/album/579412138gcJhTG

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/580089232gHvwso

Colombia Accommodations

Quote: (04-29-2011 09:51 AM)WEDO Wrote:  

A friend and I are renting these two one bedroom flats in Cali for the month of June for 2.5 million each.

Thanks for the info!

I hope they included daily maid service for that price however. Those apts are OK, and their location in Chippi is excellent, but one thing I have found when renting out individual apts is that the beds are fucking stone hard. I feel like I am sleeping on a concrete floor or slab of steel. A comfy bed is a must have for me, the bed is where 90% of fucking happens in your pad.

You can get premium condos on the beach in Miami for the exact same price you mentioned, so they definitely gave you a gringo price.

I get maid service for 40,000COP a day. They should definitely include it if not doing so.

Mixx

Colombia Accommodations

Quote: (04-29-2011 10:25 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (04-29-2011 09:51 AM)WEDO Wrote:  

Thanks for the info!

I hope they included daily maid service for that price however. Those apts are OK, and their location in Chippi is excellent, but one thing I have found when renting out individual apts is that the beds are fucking stone hard. I feel like I am sleeping on a concrete floor or slab of steel. A comfy bed is a must have for me, the bed is where 90% of fucking happens in your pad.

You can get premium condos on the beach in Miami for the exact same price you mentioned, so they definitely gave you a gringo price.

I get maid service for 40,000COP a day. They should definitely include it if not doing so.

Mixx

I'm actually used to sleeping on the harder foam mattresses made in Colombia. I had one for years but I did put a memory foam mattress pad on it. jajaja..

I'm not worried about maid service...I'm just happy it has a parking space, A/C and internet along with a washer...I'd paid more for a place if I could find one with a dryer as well.

I'm going to look for better deals for the next time I go down...I could have gotten cheaper but I don't like funky colombian furniture and no A/C which is mandatory for banging chicks in the middle of the day in Cali. I like working up a little bit of sweat but I don't like it dripping off my nose. jajaja

some pics of what I like to do:
http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n555/CALIBAIT/

Colombia Accommodations

I'm looking for an apartment in Medellin. What should I expect to pay for a decent furnished studio in a safe/convenient area of Poblado? I'm just looking for basics; none of the "executive" crap like an in-building gym. I was hoping for something sub-$650, but the prices I'm finding so far are $1000+. Is that close to the floor or do I just need to look harder?

Colombia Accommodations

Quote: (05-13-2011 01:04 AM)Arobin Wrote:  

I'm looking for an apartment in Medellin. What should I expect to pay for a decent furnished studio in a safe/convenient area of Poblado? I'm just looking for basics; none of the "executive" crap like an in-building gym. I was hoping for something sub-$650, but the prices I'm finding so far are $1000+. Is that close to the floor or do I just need to look harder?

Poblado is the richest neighborhood in Medellin. It's therefore, the most expensive neighborhood in Medellin.

I recommend you start searching for places in a neighborhood called "Laureles" for your price range.

Poblado is always going to be the most expensive, especially as Medellin gears for high season of tourism in July/Aug.

Mixx

Colombia Accommodations

Quote: (05-13-2011 11:46 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Poblado is the richest neighborhood in Medellin. It's therefore, the most expensive neighborhood in Medellin.

I recommend you start searching for places in a neighborhood called "Laureles" for your price range.

Poblado is always going to be the most expensive, especially as Medellin gears for high season of tourism in July/Aug.

Mixx

Thanks, Mixx. Do you happen to know if the rates that realtors quote are usually negotiable? For example, does 1.8M pesos really mean 1.8M pesos or can they potentially come down to 1.5/1.6M?

Colombia Accommodations

@Arobin.

Everything is negotiable in Colombia...EVERYTHING!!

Mixx

Colombia Accommodations

What's the average monthly rent for a private roomstudio in Medellin? I'm not looking to pay too much, how do I go about finding one? I want to stay in Medellin for 3-4 months.

Colombia Accommodations

Quote: (05-28-2011 02:47 PM)FilMor Wrote:  

What's the average monthly rent for a private roomstudio in Medellin? I'm not looking to pay too much, how do I go about finding one? I want to stay in Medellin for 3-4 months.

Medellin (all of Colombia) is made up of "Stratus" classifications. It is a scale that measures the quality of life in each section of the city. Now, it was originally created so that Utilities can be billed according to your class, in other words, electricity is cheaper in a Stratus 1 neighborhood than it is in a Stratus 6, and so are property taxes.

However, society uses it to judge how rich or poor you are and what social status you and your family have. Pussy factor weighs heavy on this too.

The sections are numbered 1 through 6, with 1 being a dirt-poor neighborhood, to 6 being the elite, upper class late-model BMW driving rich members of society.

To answer your question, you really have to let us know...where YOU want to stay.

Keep in mind that the lower class neighborhoods are not only cheap, but are VERY dangerous for a non-spanish speaking foreigner to hang his hat while there.

Apts. in a stratus 6 neighborhood can easily go for $2,500USD per month during high tourist season - which is June-Sept. IN Cartagena, tourist season is Jan-April.

As you lower your stratus, you lower your rent, but also the Quality of girls willing to bang you. That's just the way it is in Medellin or anywhere in Colombia.

A girl used to fucking men in elite 6 neighborhoods (top models) will be extremely rare to see banging a stratus 4 guy. Oh yeah, and do not think for one second women do not know what class you fall under the second you tell her where your fuck-pad is located...they all know, and will immediately decide wether she will fuck you, or tell you to "fuck-off".

It's just the way it is. Welcome to Colombia!

Mixx

Colombia Accommodations

Quote: (05-29-2011 01:35 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (05-28-2011 02:47 PM)FilMor Wrote:  

Medellin (all of Colombia) is made up of "Stratus" classifications. It is a scale that measures the quality of life in each section of the city. Now, it was originally created so that Utilities can be billed according to your class, in other words, electricity is cheaper in a Stratus 1 neighborhood than it is in a Stratus 6, and so are property taxes.

However, society uses it to judge how rich or poor you are and what social status you and your family have. Pussy factor weighs heavy on this too.

The sections are numbered 1 through 6, with 1 being a dirt-poor neighborhood, to 6 being the elite, upper class late-model BMW driving rich members of society.

To answer your question, you really have to let us know...where YOU want to stay.

Keep in mind that the lower class neighborhoods are not only cheap, but are VERY dangerous for a non-spanish speaking foreigner to hang his hat while there.

Apts. in a stratus 6 neighborhood can easily go for $2,500USD per month during high tourist season - which is June-Sept. IN Cartagena, tourist season is Jan-April.

As you lower your stratus, you lower your rent, but also the Quality of girls willing to bang you. That's just the way it is in Medellin or anywhere in Colombia.

A girl used to fucking men in elite 6 neighborhoods (top models) will be extremely rare to see banging a stratus 4 guy. Oh yeah, and do not think for one second women do not know what class you fall under the second you tell her where your fuck-pad is located...they all know, and will immediately decide wether she will fuck you, or tell you to "fuck-off".

It's just the way it is. Welcome to Colombia!

Mixx

Good breakdown of how things work, I was thinking more around $500 a month, so yeah basically stratus 4 or 3 :|, oh well i might have to bring that up a notch.

Colombia Accommodations

This is frustrating- I'm looking for apartments in Bogota, the couple I have found so far don't allow overnight guests unless you had pre-registered them.. What is it with landlords and cockblocking these days?

Colombia Accommodations

i have never heard of apartments telling you who u can have over! WTF I heard of hotels and hostels but never an apartment!

Colombia Accommodations

That's because landlords assume that as a gringo you are a whore-monger.

Gringos, especially the blonde, white ones have a bad rep in most of Colombia - especially the tier 1 cities. Any white gringo, with limited to no spanish skills, and without any local ties is perceived to be there to do one thing: whore-monger OR visit the cornucopia of "marriage agencies".

He is right....you are going to Colombia for lots of sex with many women. You may not be a whore-monger, but good luck debating that. They must protect their assets in the apartment from theft, damage or one of the girls doing something to you, robbing you and running off without a trace.

Mixx

Colombia Accommodations

Celtic,

There is plenty of apartments where you can bring girls back in Colombia, just do alil research before hand.

No need to find yourself staying at an apartment and show up with a girl at 3am only to find out the girl cant come to your room! Luckly I havent had that happen yet!

It is almost standard protocol for me now to ask about the girl policy before I agree to stay anywhere.

Colombia Accommodations

Quote: (07-10-2011 10:35 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

That's because landlords assume that as a gringo you are a whore-monger.

Gringos, especially the blonde, white ones have a bad rep in most of Colombia - especially the tier 1 cities. Any white gringo, with limited to no spanish skills, and without any local ties is perceived to be there to do one thing: whore-monger OR visit the cornucopia of "marriage agencies".

And Colombian men are angels who never have sex outside of marriage, and would certainly never visit a prostitute?

I think Dash is right here- this is something you just can't leave to chance. Always reserve your accommodations in advance, and always check what their policy for guests is.