rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

11 Reasons men leave their marriages
1 Reasons men leave their marriages
Credit to Tom Leykis for digging this up and publishing it on his site. There's actually some red pill wisdom in this Huff Post garbage because they're letting the guys tell the story of how a bitch who "cared about them so much" could just turn it off and treat their spouse like shit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/03...ps=gravity

Quote:Quote:

Marriages don't just fall apart overnight. They often end after months and years of both spouses trying to stick it out, firm in the belief that they can work out their issues and sustain their marriages.

Once it's over, though, most divorcés can look back and pinpoint one exact moment -- one overblown argument or one instance where their spouse showed his or her true colors -- that should have signaled to them that the marriage was damaged beyond repair.

On Tuesday, divorced men on Reddit shared the moment they realized their relationship didn't stand a chance. See some of the most interesting responses below.

1. When he got tired of her outbursts.
"I had a car accident. Lost my job. I was still depressed about family member passing away. My wife decides she really wants a gold watch that costs $999. I tell her I can't afford to spend money on something like that in our current situation. She shuts herself in the bathroom to cry. That was the first time I didn't react to that tactics. She comes out few hours later and asks me outright if I want a divorce. That wasn't even on my mind until that point, but that was the moment I knew."

2. When the trust was gone.
"It was when I caught myself photographing street signs on my 25-minute journey home from work so that there would be a timestamp of the entire route to disprove constant accusations that I was cheating on her... After that, I just left."

3. When his wife became a glorified roommate.
"The last year together we felt more like roommates than lovers. She stopped being interested in spending time with me, we stopped showering together and began sleeping at opposite times. She was generally unhappy all of the time. I really wanted to salvage the marriage, but I knew it was over when she finally told me that she just didn't love me."

4. When the math didn't add up.
"Came home from a seven-month deployment overseas to find a five-month pregnant wife. I'm no mathematician but I figured that one out."

5. When he was suffering from depression and she laughed it off.
"I was telling her about how depressed and hopeless I was feeling. I described it partially as an existential crisis. She laughed at me. She literally laughed in my face regarding my pain. That was the day I realized I didn't really matter to her."

6. When he realized she didn't believe in his dreams.
"Five years ago, I told her I wanted to get out of the military and study to become a doctor. She's a scientist but she acted like it was the most ridiculous thing I could ever try to do. Her exact words were, 'You can't just decide to be a doctor.' Imagine researching and thinking about something for an entire year and then telling your best friend your hopes and dreams and they just look at you like you're silly ... I started med school four weeks ago. I'm not bitter but she's going to be really f*cking surprised if she ever decides to do some Google stalking."

7. When he disagreed with her on how they'd raise their future children.
"When my wife stated that any children we had would be homeschooled by her (she never graduated high school) and weren't going to get vaccinations. This was non-negotiable. I was young at the time and honestly, it never occurred to me until we had that discussion how much it meant to me. I (naively) figured it was a given."

8. When he became indifferent to the cheating.
"The precise moment was a few months ago when her long and frequent infidelities stopped making me furious. The anger switched off and I realized, it's finally over, thank God. I can now plan the end of this toxic marriage."

9. When he decided to put his daughter first.
"My second wife and I got along great, but over time the relationship she had with my daughter from a previous marriage got worse and worse. I tried not to blame her; she just wasn't ready to be a mom to someone else's child. It was hard to accept that, though. We tried counseling briefly but she felt counseling was for 'crazy people and she [wasn't] crazy.' Eventually, my daughter and I left. I hoped she would change her mind and decide to work things out with us, but it didn't happen. I had to do what was right for my daughter even if it hurt."

10. When he realized that having hobbies of his own was off-limits.
"My ex and I were watching 'Knocked Up.' It came to the scene where the wife is tracking the husband down to catch him while he was 'cheating.' Turns out, he had just snuck off to go to a baseball draft. My ex turned to me and said, 'See how terrible and selfish he is for sneaking around like that?' I looked at her and said, 'See how terrible she is for oppressing his hobbies and dreams so much that he has to resort to sneaking around in order to enjoy them?' I realized right then that she'd done that to me. She had oppressed me, chained me with guilt over my hobbies being immature and childish. She guilt-tripped me because my hobbies took time away from her. Meanwhile, she would never take up any hobbies or interests of her own despite me encouraging her."

11. When he had the commute from hell and she didn't care.
"I had to work late one dark winter night, missed my regular train, took a loooong bus and had to walk home a couple of miles from the bus stop in the freezing cold. She couldn't be bothered to come pick me up because she didn't want to leave her yoga class early. It had been 20 years of bad stuff, but that was the night I decided it was over. She realized what she had done later, but it was too late then."
Women have no sympathy, my exwife hit me with #5 and #10 the same day. I am into leather work that's my alone time/hobby. Before getting married I would get lost hours and hours in my garage shop just building knife sheaths, gun holsters, mag pouches and all that good stuff. It's good side money once you have all the tools and material. We'll once married one Sunday afternoon,the ex is upset bc I'm not spending time with her watching her stupid shows, so after hearing her nagging I decide to clean up and go to bed, then she starts nagging asking what's wrong.. I told her I had the Sunday blues, you know when you start feeling the emptiness, the dread of going back to work Monday morning. We'll this cunt flips it out making it about her acting like the victim and all that good shit women pull. Marriage was over 4 months after that.

Needless to say DONT GET MARRIED!
Ha. I was reading some of them comments.

Fucking women. They become incensed and enraged when a man asks for any little thing. Or for once a man's point of view is brought to the forefront. It better be all about her 24/7 or you're just a misogynistic asshole.
They forgot ...
12. When my wife got fat and cut off her hair.
"When I married my wife she was a slim 110 pounds with long flowing hair that went halfway down her back. She was a prize that I was proud to be with and she made my all friends jealous that I could have her. But after a decade of marriage she got lazy and with each childbirth her hair got shorter and her waistline larger. She ditched her healthy eating habits in place of fast food, with lots of high carb and sugar snacks. She also stopped being an avid runner in place of turning into a couch potato. One day she stepped out of the shower and I looked at her rolling layers of fat and her lesbian buzz cut and it made me vomit a little in my mouth the thought of having sex with her. That was the day I knew the marriage was over."

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste
Uh, women are fucking horrible...

Deus vult!
1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.
Reading #11 saddened me. I've made a long drive or two to help out friends, who were fairly close, and I felt moved to help them. And this woman couldn't do this for her own husband.

Horrid creatures they are. Something about women becoming wives makes them less human, or exposes what was already there.
Stories like this explain the rate of marriage in the U.S. nowadays.

But, if the women described in this article had terrible personalities, wasn't it always there and the husband chose to ignore it "because he was madly in love" with her, shouldn't he take some the blame too because he refused to dig beneath the surface?

It is still depressing to see things like this though.
Quote: (09-05-2014 01:04 AM)Redwood Wrote:  

Stories like this explain the rate of marriage in the U.S. nowadays.

But, if the women described in this article had terrible personalities, wasn't it always there and the husband chose to ignore it "because he was madly in love" with her, shouldn't he take some the blame too because he refused to dig beneath the surface?

It is still depressing to see things like this though.

True. A man should be pre-screening the hell out of a woman prior to marriage. Minimum of 1 year together and 6 months living together, minimum. Train the bitch too, women need to be trained off of bad behavior. A good way is to always have one foot out the door, threaten to leave if she doesn't change her ways and give her freedom, if she disagrees with your point of views she can leave herself. Let her chase you for approval. If she doesn't comply she's not the one for marriage and its always better to start a relationship with a women with less damage/baggage and all that bullshit.
This is the top comment on that article:

Quote:Quote:

Boo hoo hoo hoo hoo. If women left marriages because men regard their pain as trivial, or because men are not enthusiastic about their hobbies, there would be a 99% divorce rate.

It's a combination of belittlement, self righteousness, and condescension coming from what is most certainly a broken and repugnant woman who can only see things as they relate to her selfish needs.

If there was one comment that epitomizes the readership and writing of Huffington Post it would be that one.
Quote: (09-04-2014 10:48 PM)Vitriol Wrote:  

7. When he disagreed with her on how they'd raise their future children.
"When my wife stated that any children we had would be homeschooled by her (she never graduated high school) and weren't going to get vaccinations. This was non-negotiable. I was young at the time and honestly, it never occurred to me until we had that discussion how much it meant to me. I (naively) figured it was a given."

They absolutely had to add that propaganda piece to it.

The reality is that couples with the highest education and actually very high median income decide not to vaccinate. Plenty of doctors - even Nobel Price winners - are against vaccination - it is basically choosing one side of medical doctors against another (the mainstream one with the backing of entire Big Pharma). Having a very healthy diet, orthomolecular supplementation and treatment beats any vaccination as far as I am concerned.

And doing extensive homeschooling in the first years versus the gender-feminist-early-sexualization-cultural-melting-pot educational gulag is actually not a bad idea, unless you can afford top-notch private schools at 50k per year.

But - hey - if you feel strongly about it, then you should have talked about it before marriage and 99% of people actually do before getting married, which is strange to find out later on. "Let's get married without knowing anything about how you would like to have our children raised and knowing nothing about each other." Sounds almost BS.
None of this worries me because I only deal with women in short periods of less than 2-4 months.

In reality, a lot of it makes sense. Biologically, there is no sense of "caring". A woman is designed to "take" protection from the man in exchange for her reproductive function. She is literally designed to take with no sense of duty of giving back. If a man shows that he is depressed, or that he needs help, he is now a weak man in her eyes. A weak man is nothing to a woman, dirt.

Darwinistic hell. No woman will ever love you in the way your mother did, that's just the way it is.
Quote: (09-04-2014 11:58 PM)HeyPete Wrote:  

Ha. I was reading some of them comments.

Fucking women. They become incensed and enraged when a man asks for any little thing. Or for once a man's point of view is brought to the forefront. It better be all about her 24/7 or you're just a misogynistic asshole.

To be fair this is a fairly well-executed troll from the Huffington post. The deliberately asked for "the moment you realized," which is often a trite thing.

They asked for men to share their "straw that broke the camel's back" knowing full well that their readership was going to hold up that one and straw mock the camel for being unable to carry it.
This is why I pump and dump.
# 12 - She takes (bad) advice from friends/family before taking yours

# 13 - She is bad with money

# 529 She's bossy

MDP
Quote: (09-05-2014 12:58 AM)CactusCat589 Wrote:  

Reading #11 saddened me. I've made a long drive or two to help out friends, who were fairly close, and I felt moved to help them. And this woman couldn't do this for her own husband.

It's a long time from when hitchhiking was a norm, and even I've done that as a bucket list item so to speak, both sides. This is such a true statement. I've gone vastly out of my way for people I've never met, just goes to show till death do us part only means in the eyes of the law.

Quote:MtnMan Wrote:  
Life is definitely too short to go without dome.
play on #1 that i've had to deal with for years.

my income is not always the same. it fluctuates. it's never all that low, so don't be worried for me.

my non-working wife expects me and indeed demands that i reign in the spending in leaner times. i do.

she doesn't. not one iota.

would be funny if i was someone else...
Quote: (09-05-2014 10:38 AM)DannyAlberta Wrote:  

play on #1 that i've had to deal with for years.

my income is not always the same. it fluctuates. it's never all that low, so don't be worried for me.

my non-working wife expects me and indeed demands that i reign in the spending in leaner times. i do.

she doesn't. not one iota.

would be funny if i was someone else...

This is why I run my business as a separate entity from my marriage. The business is up and down in income and I pay one steady, predictable draw to my family so there is no greed.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
dr. howard,

i do precisely as you do but we have a joint account where the money goes at the end of the fiscal year (don't leave much in the business because of tax implications) - so in my wife's lizard brain she starts depending on those forthcoming bonuses, although these fluctuate the most.

makes my blood boil.
I'm pretty sure these lists wouldn't exist if men weren't so easily suckered by women. Too much pussy on a pedestal is going on and these vampires were ignored for too long.

The parasite drains the host before the host even knows of it.
Quote: (09-05-2014 11:47 AM)DannyAlberta Wrote:  

dr. howard,

i do precisely as you do but we have a joint account where the money goes at the end of the fiscal year (don't leave much in the business because of tax implications) - so in my wife's lizard brain she starts depending on those forthcoming bonuses, although these fluctuate the most.

makes my blood boil.

ah ok, whereas I leave it all in the business until we need it. Well I guess you'll just have to turn your account into two signatures required on checks, two sigs required for cash draws, a business credit card where you can cap the limits on secondary card holders and a stance of "this is our money, no money leaves that account unless we both agree to it"

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV
Now this is one Huffpost article I will gladly click the link to. We need more of these, and they need to know the demand is there.
That guy did not read the article in time:

Post by his ex-wife - ouch:
[Image: attachment.jpg21486]   

Also of interest:
[Image: attachment.jpg21487]   
#12 Some guys just realize marriage is not for them, they can have all benefits of LTRs, without all the costs. Culture gave them the impression marriage & kids would make their life better, while daily life proved it to be a drag. Before they had any children, the guy opted out, moved on and learned his new life to be pretty good. Not perfect, but good enough, and better than most of his friends who went the other route.