rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does Meditation Boost your Game?

Hey guys,

I came across a similar post by speakeasy: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-50.htm...meditation

I must admit that I'm more into physical training with weights etc than spiritual stuff like meditation and I tend to find meditation somewhat boring but I'm wondering whether it can improve game in some way. Do you meditate, and if so, do you see a difference in your positve energy? I'm willing to incorporate it into my life if it's worth the time and effort.

There's this thing called hypnotica(or something like that), its like hypnosis sort of. i did it a few times and it kind of made me alot more confident [Image: smile.gif]
which reminds me, i have to start listening to it again, its only 17 minutes long.. i'll get it for ya if you want [Image: wink.gif]

I have just meditated to visualize myself as a positive confident person and that usually gets me out the door to the bar. I don't visualize in the field because I usually end up disappointed, but visualization is good for confidence.

Yes I've been experimenting with it for the last year or so. I'm convinced that if guys spent the same amount of time meditating that they do at the gym, they would pick up twice the chicks. It's great for gaining perspective, insight, and clarity. Most of the time, I realize something stupid that I'm doing unconsciously that is hurting my game. Once aware, it's very easy to overcome.

I think good meditation is like being high, without the short term memory problems. It lets you step back and see yourself, and your mistakes become far more obvious.

=Inner game nitro boost [Image: smile.gif]

Excellent advice all around. Should I pick a spot in nature to meditate or can I use my own backyard? 10 minutes per session should be more than enough I reckon.

Quote: (03-23-2011 11:26 AM)flashbang Wrote:  

Excellent advice all around. Should I pick a spot in nature to meditate or can I use my own backyard? 10 minutes per session should be more than enough I reckon.

A spot in nature would have a greater impact in my opinion, but your backyard can work too.

@Gringoed: Interesting post! I agree with it. I'm curious though, do you meditate along with some kind of meditation music? Or do you just prefer not to have any music at all?

Quote: (03-23-2011 01:26 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Quote: (03-23-2011 11:26 AM)flashbang Wrote:  

A spot in nature would have a greater impact in my opinion, but your backyard can work too.

@Gringoed: Interesting post! I agree with it. I'm curious though, do you meditate along with some kind of meditation music? Or do you just prefer not to have any music at all?

I prefer meditation with as few distractions as possible. Thus, I'd actually prefer meditating indoors where I can better control distractions (no bugs, noise, etc).

No music for me. Some people use meditation to feel more relaxed. Every time, I'm looking to walk away knowing what to do and for that it's all about focus. Thinking about the music is a distraction. Plus, meditation music is gay.

i always start itching like crazy or fall asleep any time i try and focus on meditating.

Meditation can definitely help you Game...

But, that's like saying that "clearing your mind' of unnecessary bullshit will help your Game, or, being your "real self" will help your Game, or, getting over your childhood insecurities will help your Game.

All of these are true, but they are easier said then done.

Meditation can be a tricky thing. It takes alot of practice to really get any results out of it. I have tried sitting quietly and focusing on my breathing and all that, but that approach never worked for me.

Here is a different approach to meditation....called "active mediation"

All your trying to do is "quiet your mind" and "lose yourself in the moment". You wanna experience life without all the thoughts, judgments, and opinions that your mind will create. Traditional meditation sometimes doesn't work for the modern man because we have so much bullshit running thru our minds.

I do stuff like this...Boxing, basketball, surfing, sex, cooking, getting high, getting drunk, talking to a close friend. sleeping 9 or 10 hours. Anything that leaves you feeling refreshed and clear-headed. Sometimes, reading and writing on this Forum is like a meditation for me.

Approaching girls is a meditation for me because it forces me to be fully aware of the "present moment", there is no time for thinking, its all action.

When you are always doing things that you hate, you will be anxious, annoyed, tired, etc. Girls will pick up on this bad energy. When you do things that you really enjoy you will be more happy, energized and be more comfortable in your own skin, women will respond better.

This is how meditation can help your game.

I'm curious to hear how other guys do it??? GringoEd???

Quote: (03-22-2011 08:56 PM)flashbang Wrote:  

Do you meditate, and if so, do you see a difference in your positve energy? I'm willing to incorporate it into my life if it's worth the time and effort.

It is no different from prayer - it will only work if you believe it would. Otherwise it will not.

I don't know if it is considered "meditation," but I finished The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. I was going through some mild depression and using the techniques has slowly helped me relax and find inner peace instead of becoming more depressed. While it doesn't cure depression, it helps ease the burden of the mind and prevents further angry and painful thoughts from running away with me.

Here is the basic gist:

1. Our minds are powerful things, but we often let them think too much and run away with powerful emotions, creating an in balance between the mind and body. Our minds are part of our bodies, not two separate entities. Pain, depression, anxiety, anger, fear all take hold in our lives when we let our minds become consumed with those thoughts.

2. Don't condemn or judge your mind and what it thinks about. Do not try to control it and force it to think good thoughts. Instead, observe what you are thinking about: "Watch the thinker." Practice sitting quietly and try to think about the NEXT thought that enters your brain. You will surprised to find that it may take quite a while before a thought shoots into your brain. It is an incredibly relaxing experience. I do this several times a day to keep my mind "in check." Do this also with your emotions. Take notice of what emotions you are feeling.

3. The moment that you are noticing when in this state of "watching the thinker" is the present moment of Now. It is in the Now moment where we find peace. The past and future are illusions. There has never been a time in your life when the moment has not been NOW. Nor will there ever be. Our problems lie within the past and future. We can never be free of our problems unless we focus on the Now.

4. The quality of our consciousness in the present moments determines our quality of life in the future. Unease, anxiety, tension, stress, worry — all forms of fear — are cause by too much future, and not enough presence. Guilt, regret, resentment, grievances, sadness, bitterness, and all forms of non forgiveness are caused by too much past, and not enough presence.

5. Love, joy, and peace cannot flourish until you have freed yourself from mind dominance. Pleasure comes from outward sources while joy comes from within, from the present moment.

I usually don't go for new age spiritual kind of stuff but I wont lie, the book was good and helped quiet negative thoughts and attitudes. The more I practice "watching the thinker," the better I get. Better mood = better game imo.

Here is the link for all interested:

http://theyogapathtransforms.com/Documen...0Tolle.pdf

I found that I was generally happier when I meditated daily for at least 10 minutes after my workouts than when I didn't. That transfers to being able to hit a good state while spitting game.

So I would say give it a try. The benefits far outweigh the costs. It will be tough at first, but you'll get better at blocking out all the mental bullshit that comes with the overstimulation the average lifestyle comes packaged with.

I've never done it but I do get high to help me gather my thoughts and relax.

Quote: (03-22-2011 10:17 PM)drymarro Wrote:  

There's this thing called hypnotica(or something like that), its like hypnosis sort of. i did it a few times and it kind of made me alot more confident [Image: smile.gif]
which reminds me, i have to start listening to it again, its only 17 minutes long.. i'll get it for ya if you want [Image: wink.gif]

Yes please.

If you do it right, it'll abolish any outcome attachment because impermanence.

Helps you focus so you look her in the eyes when you talk to her instead of her boobs.

Helps you get over bad experiences VERY quickly, with lessons learned more apparent.

IT doesnt help my game but it makes me calmer and helps me relief stress and anxiety. It's also pleasant and sometimes because of meditation I get into altered state of mind when ordinary things appear extraordinary and beautiful.

I would have to agree. When I had a lot of free time last summer I read this book about Taoism and practiced its teachings along with meditation. I wasn't focused on improving game as much as my overall quality of life.

I practiced things such as seeing complete strangers as friends by directing positive energy towards them and visualizing their inner 'tao'. Doing this absolutely crushed any social anxiety I had when meeting new people.

I would also visualize the energy of my surroundings, be it trees or a lightpost, and imagine the innerworkings within. These practices along with meditation increased my awareness to a level I sorely miss. I began to pick up on an amazing array of things in social contexts that I would have never before because I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts.

Doing these things adds a level of positivity to your life that certainly trickles down into all relationships. Rejection wont phase you and meeting new people will be effortless. The attitude I embodied during this time made me stick out from the crowd in the best way possible. I began to get invitations to go do things I would have never gotten before.

I practiced many other taoist beliefs and the ones above are just a couple examples. Taoism has many levels and I believe I only scratched the surface.

Every successful person loves the game. The chance to prove his worth, to excel, to win.

Meditation is nowhere near boring, it's something that boosts your mind, gives you more willpower, makes you focused, clears up your mind. However, from what I've read in this thread a lot of you guys are doing it wrong. The easiest way to start is Headspace app. If you're more experienced — check out Williams & Penman "mindfulness" or Andy Puddicombe's book.

Meditation is scientifically proven to work. It's free. The effect of higher than antidepressants for example. Try it.

Redbaron, Would you please share what book did you read?

Quote: (04-14-2018 05:34 AM)sch Wrote:  

Redbaron, Would you please share what book did you read?

I would be happy to. The book is titled, "Change your thoughts - Change your life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao", written by Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Every successful person loves the game. The chance to prove his worth, to excel, to win.

Awesome, thanks buddy!