rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hostage Game

Hostage Game

Hostage game was defined by the now defunct "University of Man". It's when you attempt to get the contact info of a girl that is forced to deal with you (i.e. she is working).

This happened about a week ago. I'm more pissed at myself for not taking the chance than anything else. So I want to get some of your ideas on how to handle hostage game.

I was at Wally World along my travels to buy a few things I needed for the house. I had also decided that the time was right to buy a tablet. The girl who ended up helping me was a high 7/low 8. One of those girls that would have made my heart stand still for a few seconds when I was younger. She seemed cold at first, but warmed up after a bit of small talk while she was ringing me up. As I was paying, I noticed she had yellow eyes. I asked what nationality she was and she timidly said Arabic (white guy in a Walmart, I can understand her apprehension). I specified Syrian, and her jaw dropped a bit and she said "Wow, how did you know that". I explained that yellow eyes were something distinct to Syria (not sure if that's true or not).

At this point my use for her in terms of shopping was over, so I just said thanks, and moved on. I get the feeling that I could have continued the interaction at least far enough to try and get some contact info, but I hate hostage game. Nothing freezes me quicker than trying to open a girl who has her proverbial back to the wall. I always like to give them an out. When a girl is working, she is trapped. I assume that her cold demeanor came from other dudes trying to run hostage game on her in the past. It appears that I got past the bitch sheild, but didn't swing for the fences when the time came.

I'm sure there are a few of you that run hostage game from time to time, and several of you that excel at it. How do I go about trying to get a girl's digits while she's working without creating an awkward situation? I know all I have to do is ask for contact info, but there's always the chance that I'm going to run into resistance. This is where my aversion to hostage game comes in.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Hostage Game

Most of us call it "hired gun" game. When I clicked on this post, I thought you were talking about kidnapping.

Hostage Game

I often ask if a girl seem unusually bright to be a cashier if she's also a student, and that leads to what her interests are...

Sooner or later you can ask what she does for fun when she's not toiling at Wally World, and you can read from body language/tone of voice/eye contact/ pupil dilation or lack of it--whether she wants to discuss her personal life with you.

It's not that rude to ask what else she does, if she shuts down you have an answer if she perks up same thing.

You can learn to quickly sense if a girl wants to keep a conversation going or not.. usually they do.. women talk 3 times as much as men, it's amazing.

Hostage Game

I did this the other day at Macys. When it works you look smooth as shit but when she rejects you and the people behind you are staring at you it's going to feel awkward.

Hostage Game

Did anybody else read the thread title and think this would be about Stockholm Syndrome?

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Hostage Game

Quote: (08-30-2014 11:22 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

I often ask if a girl seem unusually bright to be a cashier if she's also a student, and that leads to what her interests are...

Sooner or later you can ask what she does for fun when she's not toiling at Wally World, and you can read from body language/tone of voice/eye contact/ pupil dilation or lack of it--whether she wants to discuss her personal life with you.

It's not that rude to ask what else she does, if she shuts down you have an answer if she perks up same thing.

You can learn to quickly sense if a girl wants to keep a conversation going or not.. usually they do.. women talk 3 times as much as men, it's amazing.

I guess this is another problem with my game. I really don't care about her or what she has to say (yet). I only care about how quickly I can get in her pants. This works fine for night game when the atmosphere has a bit of a sexual charge to it. Not so much when it's just a random encounter during daylight hours.

I need to reevaluate how I do things, and get better at the mindless small talk that bores me to death.

Quote: (08-30-2014 11:31 PM)Teddykgb Wrote:  

I did this the other day at Macys. When it works you look smooth as shit but when she rejects you and the people behind you are staring at you it's going to feel awkward.

This happened to me in my early 20s. I was at CVS buying some 'tussin and got the counter girl's number. The next time I see her she screams at the top of her lungs "Get away from me you creep" in the middle of the store. Then one day about a week later she walks by my [former] martial arts school and she smiles and waves. I'm pretty sure that's the incident that turned me off from this type of game in the first place.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Hostage Game

My lay percentage is much higher when they're locked in my basement than when they're roaming free in the club. ymmv