rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Marc Driscoll kicked out of his church.

I never knew much about this new-age kind of church, but apparently they had enough of him. I usually couldn't care less about happy-clappy churches, but when I saw his earlier writings in a forum from back in 2000, he sounded a lot like an early predecessor to the manosphere movement. He is the one posting anonymously as William Wallace II

So maybe he's just another new age con man, but have to admit his early writings were mostly spot on.

He certainly has a lot of guts. I wouldn't expect him to last long in a church these days. I wish him the best.

And nothing of value was lost. Dalrock's had a running section on this idiot for years. You can read it there, but Driscoll's a big proponent of the "If the marriage is failing, it's the man's fault" model of marriage counseling. I'm glad to see him gone.

I don't know exactly what drove him to be fired, but I know he was in the news for using his church's money to buy thousands of copies of his "Real Marriage" book, in order to boost its sales ranking.

He may have written something badass in the early 2000s, but at some point that changed:

Quote:Quote:

They ask him if he regrets “any of those statements about gender roles and Jesus’ masculinity?” Here is his reply:

Oh my gosh. I have been preaching and teaching now for 13, 14 years. In Malcolm Gladwell’s book, he says it takes 10,000 hours of something to become an expert. Preaching and teaching, I’ve gotten in about 10,000 hours. I’ve published I don’t even know how many books, blogs—it’s a crazy amount of content. If I could hit control-alt-delete and go back and do like they used to in Men in Black and just hit a button to make certain people forget certain things, that would be awesome.

So whatever he might've been 15 years ago, he certainly isn't anymore.

Quote: (08-25-2014 12:09 PM)Faust Wrote:  

And nothing of value was lost. Dalrock's had a running section on this idiot for years. You can read it there, but Driscoll's a big proponent of the "If the marriage is failing, it's the man's fault" model of marriage counseling. I'm glad to see him gone.

I don't know exactly what drove him to be fired, but I know he was in the news for using his church's money to buy thousands of copies of his "Real Marriage" book, in order to boost its sales ranking.

He may have written something badass in the early 2000s, but at some point that changed:

They ask him if he regrets “any of those statements about gender roles and Jesus’ masculinity?” Here is his reply:

Oh my gosh. I have been preaching and teaching now for 13, 14 years. In Malcolm Gladwell’s book, he says it takes 10,000 hours of something to become an expert. Preaching and teaching, I’ve gotten in about 10,000 hours. I’ve published I don’t even know how many books, blogs—it’s a crazy amount of content. If I could hit control-alt-delete and go back and do like they used to in Men in Black and just hit a button to make certain people forget certain things, that would be awesome.

So whatever he might've been 15 years ago, he certainly isn't anymore.

Succumbing to the "pandering to women" is so sad to see. He could have been a pretty good red-pill preacher if he remained as he was.

Quote: (08-25-2014 12:09 PM)Faust Wrote:  

Just his writing style pings my Schwyzer alert.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Marc Driscoll is a fanatical white knight with an enormous religious male hamster. If he's been kicked out, that means that someone even more extremely feminist has taken up his place. I fear for the future of any religious person who is exposed to that church's bullshit.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

At the risk of looking ideological, I'm going to link to where I first heard of this guy a few weeks ago, mostly because they excerpt pretty much the only amusing part of 140 pages of posts I read on a plane. Might be interesting background to some.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...ne-whoops/

Edit: looks like Jack198 links to the original doc, though I can't load it at the moment. Will leave this here anyway, as it has plenty of links to earlier critiques of Driscoll.

I've seen some of his vids on youtube. He has some good points, and some really misguided points. I'm not a fan a screamers, especially ones with faux-hawks.

One day your time will come.