rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Canadian vs American exotic factor

Tried doing some hunting around but couldn't find any threads on this so forgive me if it's around ..

I was curious if anyone canadian has received a warm welcome from foreign women in comparison to someone from the us. I do know people from NYC or Cali get a lot of 'oohs and aahs' but i figure since much less Canadians are travelling they are more a rare find ...

Input ?

Cheers

Say your American, I tell girls I am from NYC. In Europe we all sound the same to them.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Generally speaking, I think it's your style, look and attitude that will generate interest. That's not to say that there aren't girls who just love Koreans or Americans or French dudes or whatever, but if a Canadian guy and American guy are walking down the streets of Medellin or Manila, it's pretty much the same to local girls. Walk tall, like you own the place. Dress well. If you have blue/green eyes, take off the sunglasses when you can, show off your gringo hair, make the girls break eye contact with you. The exotic factor is just a curiosity unless you integrate it into the bigger picture of you being something awesome that they hope to obtain.

I'm heading out to Finland and have a dark complexion and decent style but always looking to improve. The Canadian shopping isn't so great so I'm going to load up on threads when inland .

Cheers

I'm well traveled and being Canadian doesn't carry much weight anywhere, most people barely know where we are geographically and if they do, all they know is that its really cold. Europeans basically think of us as Americans and other people from Anglo countries think we're more polite versions of Yanks who say sorry too much. The only place where I can say that people thought it was cool or interesting that I was from Canada was the Philippines because there's so many of them in Canada that almost everyone has a friend or relative working here, I would probably see about five people a week wearing a Canada tee shirt or hat.

Canada is not a country that brings a lot of interest to girls? Why? Canadians were never known as good lovers (like italians, spaniards..), the place is known as very cold (as told by Greeks, which leave a lot of people no interests in visiting if they don't like the outdoors), most French Canadians are educated but don't have good general knowledge about the world, prob the same for most Canadians and finally we don't produce the tv shows like Americans that most of the world is watching so no-one is interested to visit Toronto let's say. We are also a joke in most tv shows (How I met your mother, south park)

However, we do have the advantage of not being known as obnoxious and not being well known so it can be used to our advantage. Being able to speak French is a great advantage though in Europe with some countries.

However, I can say that in Europe the girls who had the most interest were girls from rich, germanic countries and it's probably related to the fact that we all have a cold weather and we can relate to that, + these girls love to practice their english.

Austria (the Tyrol and Salzburg), Germany were the easiest for me, must have made out with about 10 girls from these two countries and they were very cute..I can also say that a lot of germans like to travel to Canada, seen a lot in Banff and Montreal. They always mention South PArk and HIMYM. If there are countries where being Canadian carries any weight it's these two, they love the outdoors, skiing..

Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark: Always had a lot of interest from Norwegians but finally got the flag..the guys were always pretty cool. Sweden is the same but people are probably more posh than Norway, the swedish girls like to approach and tease guys for what its worth, no bitch shield at least.
French Switzerland has a lot of potential for a French canadian as they love us there. Danish girls were mostly receptive and captivated from what I've seen.

Less interest:

Poland Hungary: Both countries have girls that are receptive or easy to hook up with in the clubs but it isn't due to being Canadian, more due to relative sluttyness I would say.

France can be easy for a French Canadian but you need to have style and get ready for the teasing. Haven't gotten my french flag yet.

Spain and Portugal: Portugal I had some luck in Lisbon and could have banged a portuguese surfer girl if it wasn't for my betaness and my flight, we did make out for a long time though, in general they know about the portuguese communiy in Montreal so it could be useful there. Spain, girls in Madrid were giving me IOI for what its worth, I also had a lot of Erasmus spanish friend who were extremely good looking and fun but I didn't capitalize. They loved our stupid french canadian accent.

No interest

Inner Mediterranean countries: I had no success in Croatia on the coast but the girls were receptive in Zagreb. Forget about Greece, Italy.... (Italians girls only when they travel), Serbia..I had some luck in Bosnia but that was a made-out with a muslim Bosnian, but forget about getting back to bed with them. My friend was Brazilian and had an easier time with croatians and serbians. They prefer warm countries and people than countries like Canada.

Other: Nederlands and Belgium, didn't met a lot of girls from Belgium but the girls in Nederlands were receptive, although I only approached dutch girls in day time and we were chatting for fun...they know that we freed their country

South American in Europe:

Brazil: I always had an easy time with Brazilian girls, even 8-9, they are always usually very receptive but it helps when you speak french as they love France, they were the sluttiest to me..being French Canadian was helpful..but I don't see any advantage being anglo canadian

Other countries in Anglosphere:

America: Easy and being Canadian helps there since we are their brother country so ''safe''
England: Not much success all around europe with them, girls are talkative and I could of had success with some british girls but diverse reasons got me cockblocked (credit card and such..), will have to explore more as I find their accent hot.
Ireland: Had an hard time, made out with a lot of Irish girls but could never push for the bang..sluts
Australia: No luck, they act the same as french canadian girls so extremely masculine.

Being a French speaking Canadian in France can be exotic.

Oh definately agree with that, but my game is better is english for unknown reasons [Image: wink.gif] It can be very easy for French Canadian guys with french girls but its an adaptation. But like I said I never went further than make-out and I would say its because of lack of opportunities than rejection. I never met many french girls when traveling and when I lived in Grenoble I was focusing on mountain sports and Erasmus students mostly, those who move to Montreal are not super super pretty and receptive compared to France I found.

You guys are Great!! Thanks for the info . I don't want to lie about my heritage so I'm just going to put the effort into having style I suppose ..

I've experimented with this a lot. On nights out I'll often say I'm from Las Vegas/NYC/LA because it sounds sexier than Canada, but recently I've gotten a lot of love for being Canadian and not American (in the UK).

The Brits tend to love Canadians and dislike Americans, even though we're almost culturally identical. However, I still think on the whole, for a ONS, it's better to just roll with the American card.

Whenever I get into trouble on nights out or am being extremely obnoxious I especially make sure I tell everyone I'm American.

I was going to forget but it's your energy, your style, how fun you seem to talk and your look to that will hook you up in the end...don't play the ''where I come from '' card too much... it's only good to open up in a club or for daytime conversations. So for night game its irrelevant if you are american or canadian..

Quote:Quote:

Australia: No luck, they act the same as french canadian girls so extremely masculine.

I've read good things here about the french canadian girls, at least those in Quebec. Why those good words about Quebec women if they are quite masculine?

French canadians girls love Australians and the accent, I have a lot of girl friends who traveled to Australia solo (don't know anything about about their hook-up stories)..even in Chamonix the french canadian girl I was traveling with had sex with an Australian. They just love them. If they want to act easy and crazy they will, especially on vacation.

Australian girls can be hot but there doesn't seem to be any particular advantage with them being french canadian. I also find them obnoxious, loud and unfeminine in general. French canadian girls are like that but I must agree alot of them in Montreal dress very stylishly and feminine.

It's just a very matriarchal society where the woman has been above the man since a few generations. They don't dress masculinely but they tend to think like guys.

Every one who has commented in here so far in Canadian eh.
[Image: hulk-hogan-america-fuck-yeah-e1352238972892.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I'm not sure about Canadians. I actually am from NYC. Literally every girl I have EVER told this to when I'm abroad has reacted positively, even if it was nothing more than her eyes slightly lighting up. I'd recommend you tell girls you're from NYC. If anything further develops with the girl just tell her that you recently moved to Canada so you no longer live in NYC.

Quote: (08-24-2014 11:11 AM)travolta Wrote:  

I'm not sure about Canadians. I actually am from NYC. Literally every girl I have EVER told this to when I'm abroad has reacted positively, even if it was nothing more than her eyes slightly lighting up. I'd recommend you tell girls you're from NYC. If anything further develops with the girl just tell her that you recently moved to Canada so you no longer live in NYC.

Most girls assume I'm from New York. When I tell them that I'm actually from the Jersey Shore, they either like it or they say something incredibly stupid.

As stated earlier your style, personality,etc. is more important than the whole Canadian or American thing.

The major exception to this was the Bush Administration/Iraq War years 2003-2009. I was in Europe during this time and American men would constantly lie because Europeans were so pissed.

One thing we usually do more than Americans is support and look out for each other. I think that can be traced back to the healthcare system, its natural for people to come running if you need help HERE. We also make fun of Americans a lot more and bully them quite a bit when we are together despite our backgrounds. From the Americans I've met, they seem to owe no allegiance to each other and often times, don't even get along. While most Canadians share a similar standard of living and have the opportunity of every other Canadian to do something significant with their lives. I had alot of differences with my boss but the fact of the matter was that we were both Canadians and when the sh1t hit the fan with my health, he was one of the guys I called out to for help... and despite all the anger, he showed up.

I find a lot of Americans are very class conscious but Canadians tend not to care. As for me I prefer Value Village and the 'fake markets' where my American friends will only wear the most expensive sh1t they can afford. Using another example, our national brand Tim Hortons is still far more popular (In Canada) than Starbucks. When we get together in other countries, someone always says "God I wish I had a XYZ-flavor timbit right now" or "Man what I wouldn't do for a Coffee from timmies". It's just a thing we all share that you can find in EVERY SINGLE PROVINCE. Nearly everyone BORN in Canada comes from Blue Collar roots of some kind, so we generally don't have the 'attitude' that Americans have. Also When I talk to Americans, most of these guys know EVERYTHING, you can't tell them a damn thing without them saying something to the tune of "I call bullshit on that". Canadians, I find, will sit back, listen and ask questions... Americans will talk AT you.

People from the colonies and similar healthcare systems seem to just get along better. I know while in China, the expats who were the friendliest and most welcoming people were always the Brits, Italians, Ozzies, Irish, Scottish, German and other Canadians. While the people I had the most problems with were always AMERICAN.

Everyone who was born in Canada can tell you the legend of the Avro Arrow:

[Image: arrow1.jpg]

If you don't feel guilty walking in to a Starbucks, then you aren't really Canadian.

Wow, I have seen Canadians throw each other in front of a bus on multiple occasions. Glad you have such a high opinion of your homeland but I have never seen much of a difference from two North American countries or the people that come from them. The notable exception of course being French Quebec which is a totally different experience and obviously culture.

Again I know people from Vancouver and I know people from Seattle. Not much difference between the groups if any. I know people from Bismarck and I know people from Calgary.... not to many differences as both groups wear cowboy hats, eat beef, and hunt deer.

I think it comes down to the group of Americans you were hanging out with as they sound like status whores.

I just choose whichever's most convenient at the time! [Image: banana.gif]

[Image: 20140824_152158.jpg]

I try not to drink Tim Hortons coffee, its bland and lacks flavour, I have a Keurig at home but when I get one out on my way to work, it'll usually be at McDonalds or Starbucks (I prefer the former). Despite my coffee preferences, I'd say that I'm fairly patriotic and proud to be Canadian, I definitely like the passport and the economic opportunities, also the hunting and fishing and outdoor activities in general are world class. I think that the reason Badwolf thinks that Canadians are so united is the fact that he's from Ontario where a lot of people think that's the "real Canada" and most people from there have never lived elsewhere in the country. Trust me, if you ever spent time down on the east coast or if you do make it to Alberta, you'll see some differences and you probably won't like them too much haha!

Mrroundtree: I never found the Quebecoise to be masculine and to compare them to Australian women is a bit harsh in my opinion, but I haven't spent much time in Quebec since 2005, so things may have changed, that's too bad as I always considered them to be the best out of all the women in the country.

I am a proud Canadian, but if some foreign hottie thinks I am American I don't care if it helps me get in her pants.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (08-24-2014 05:42 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I try not to drink Tim Hortons coffee, its bland and lacks flavour, I have a Keurig at home but when I get one out on my way to work, it'll usually be at McDonalds or Starbucks (I prefer the former). Despite my coffee preferences, I'd say that I'm fairly patriotic and proud to be Canadian, I definitely like the passport and the economic opportunities, also the hunting and fishing and outdoor activities in general are world class. I think that the reason Badwolf thinks that Canadians are so united is the fact that he's from Ontario where a lot of people think that's the "real Canada" and most people from there have never lived elsewhere in the country. Trust me, if you ever spent time down on the east coast or if you do make it to Alberta, you'll see some differences and you probably won't like them too much haha!

Mrroundtree: I never found the Quebecoise to be masculine and to compare them to Australian women is a bit harsh in my opinion, but I haven't spent much time in Quebec since 2005, so things may have changed, that's too bad as I always considered them to be the best out of all the women in the country.

I exaggerate a bit but trust me, the french accent from France is way more feminine and we always say that girls speak like lumberjacks here and swear a lot, are loud and obnoxious. But as they grow older these trends tend to disappear. It's something you won't notice if you don't speak french though.

Montreal fly girls dress up very feminine though, can't disagree with that.

I always say I am Texan, I never say I am American. I get much better responses doing that plus I have a pretty thick Texas accent.

Quote: (08-24-2014 05:42 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Trust me, if you ever spent time down on the east coast or if you do make it to Alberta, you'll see some differences and you probably won't like them too much haha!

Agreed. When I was driving my big ass greasy diesel truck with Alberta plates through Victoria, I didn't feel too welcome. [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]

Got more than one dirty look and even had an ass hole snap pictures of me and my company truck. Lots of self-righteous snobs there.