rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Syrian government taking in Yazidi refugees

A Syrian official at a refugee camp taking in Yazidis fleeing from IS says:

"All these years we have been fighting ISIS, many countries have been supporting ISIS against the Syrian government, and the Syrian regime, against the Syrian people, they have been killing Syrian people," Bachu said. "Now the Americans are striking ISIS in Iraq, we hope these strikes will be extended into Syria as well. But not only against ISIS but also against other terrorist organizations such as Nusra and others, and that they will stop providing them arms and money by different countries."

https://news.vice.com/article/everywhere...g-fighters

When this all started Al-Assad called the protesters "terrorists" and in our media they were presented as peaceful protesters and nothing more. Perhaps he knew more than we did watching CNN from our couches.

Assad is no angel, but the Western MSM was seriously lying by presenting the protestors as "moderates." From almost the beginning, there were significant jihadi elements in the protest movement against Assad. The main reason the USA and other Western governments supported the protestors was because they wanted Assad out and a pro-Western puppet put in his place. "Supporting the peaceful protestors" was just a smokescreen for the West's regime change ambitions.

And as usual the USA and other Western governments fucked up by trying to uproot another dictator - Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, Iraq were all places with dictators that are shitholes now.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Like Prophet said, Assad is no angel, but for many places in the Middle East, you need a strong man to keep things stable. Look at Iraq. Hussein was in no way a good guy, but he maintained stability (through some inhumane ways albeit).

Quote: (08-18-2014 12:16 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

A Syrian official at a refugee camp taking in Yazidis fleeing from IS says:

"All these years we have been fighting ISIS, many countries have been supporting ISIS against the Syrian government, and the Syrian regime, against the Syrian people, they have been killing Syrian people," Bachu said. "Now the Americans are striking ISIS in Iraq, we hope these strikes will be extended into Syria as well. But not only against ISIS but also against other terrorist organizations such as Nusra and others, and that they will stop providing them arms and money by different countries."

https://news.vice.com/article/everywhere...g-fighters

When this all started Al-Assad called the protesters "terrorists" and in our media they were presented as peaceful protesters and nothing more. Perhaps he knew more than we did watching CNN from our couches.

I don't think all of the protesters, or even the majority, supported ISIS.

There are many factions within Syria. And, as stated, Assad himself is no angel.

^^

Yes, indeed, there were several islamist factions. Apart from ISIS, there were Al Nusra (who USA supported, Al Nusra is Al Qaida branch in Syria btw, lmao) and Islamic Front. So yeah, it's not only ISIS, there are bunch of other islamist factions there lol, who got weapons from west and Turkey.

Al Qaida was, is and will be funded and sponsored by the west. It's nothing but American intelligence project.

Assad's and Gaddafi's heavy-handedness was the only thing that prevented significant wahabbi jihad from erupting in Syria and Egypt. They ruled over two relatively secular oases in the Mid-East, both literally and figuratively.

I don't know for sure why the mainstream media and almost every, if not every, elected official from the West tried to portray them as specimens of pure evil.

The only way to know for sure is to look at the profits corporations which are affected by the events in both countries. My gut says the oil companies want to keep the prices up, so they want insurgency in oil-producing nations to keep the supply low.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. We'll just have to wait for hindsight to give us the right answer.