rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Standing Outside a Window With a Boombox Is Rape Culture

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/38...rine-timpf

Quote:Quote:

[Image: vTaF4lv.jpg?1?4096]

According to a top feminist journalist, standing outside someone’s window with a boombox and playing a love song is not romantic — it’s rape culture.

Liberal columnist and commentator Zerlina Maxwell said this iconic gesture is actually so terrifying that if it happened to her, she would think she “was on a real life episode of Criminal Minds, and call the police.”

Maxwell made the comments in a piece for .Mic called “Rape Culture Is Everywhere Our Children Can See — Watch Your Favorite Movies Prove It” in reference to a famous scene in the romantic comedy Say Anything.

“This is a guy who literally wakes his (now ex) girlfriend up in the middle of the night, stands outside of her window, and plays their song,” she wrote.

In the same piece, Maxwell also said it is “fairly obvious” that Beauty and the Beast is “at its heart, a textbook story of abuse,” and letting your kids watch is setting them up for a future of domestic violence.

“Don’t let the dancing teacups fool you — this narrative is part of a dangerous cycle playing itself out in relationships nationwide,” she wrote. “According to the Centers for Disease Control, nearly 10 percent of teens report being slapped or hit by a romantic partner.”

Maxwell has been published in outlets ranging from the Washington Post to BET.com, and has appeared as a Democratic commentator on Fox News and MSNBC.

More drivel from a .mic editor explaining why every movie you watched as a child is "rapey" and "creepy". Other rapey films in the list include Beauty and the Beast and The Notebook. It's no wonder those two films weren't popular with women.

The future is "male brothels" where women can hand pick who they want to fuck for a small hourly fee. Only then will the world be free from rape culture.

Team Nachos

Someone put these feminists out of their misery. Or put them back to the aslyum.

Deus vult!

Wait til she sees the waterpark scene in "Real Genius."

she would think she “was on a real life episode of Criminal Minds, and call the police.”

I've noticed a trend with girls over the past few years. A large percentage seem to be drawn toward watching these type of real-life crime shows that document rape and murder cases. My younger sister and her friends all watch these shows regularly, and so have a number of girls I've been involved with.

Has anyone else noticed this? I think it's very possible that shows like this are playing a large role in inducing rape-hysteria and the general distrust of men which seems to have exploded in the past decade. It makes sense when you realize that a lot of women go home every night and watch shows that detail the grisly crimes of rapists and murderers. Combine that with social media's toxic effects on socializing, and it suddenly becomes very clear why many women believe they're living in a "rape culture" and seem to have no interest in even interacting with strange/random men when they go out.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

These cunts are running out of material. 2/10 troll job, would not read.

Here's a legitimate questions for her, one which she will not have an answer - Can you give some examples of acceptable movies?

Impossible. Because that would burst the balloon of consistant negativity that fills her empty void.

Quote: (08-17-2014 01:10 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

she would think she “was on a real life episode of Criminal Minds, and call the police.”

I've noticed a trend with girls over the past few years. A large percentage seem to be drawn toward watching these type of real-life crime shows that document rape and murder cases. My younger sister and her friends all watch these shows regularly, and so have a number of girls I've been involved with.

Has anyone else noticed this? I think it's very possible that shows like this are playing a large role in inducing rape-hysteria and the general distrust of men which seems to have exploded in the past decade. It makes sense when you realize that a lot of women go home every night and watch shows that detail the grisly crimes of rapists and murderers. Combine that with social media's toxic effects on socializing, and it suddenly becomes very clear why many women believe they're living in a "rape culture" and seem to have no interest in even interacting with strange/random men when they go out.

I was thinking the same thing. Ask any lawyer or police officer, and they will tell you those shows are pure fantasy.

And while I do think that is part of it, the other is some sort of narcissism. As I've often said, the loudest voices regarding 'rape culture' on my social media are female coworkers (past and present) who are fat and loud. I don't think they have no interest in interacting with strange/random men, it's that the strange/random men that interact with them are men they consider beneath them. A perfect example of when 'beauty comes in all shapes and sizes + you go girl' gets punched square in the face by reality.

A young woman once confessed to me that a relative had abused her. She is on my social media and rarely comments on such issues, and when she does it's in a thoughtful manner. Yes, she is very pretty, but that's not why I believe her, rather because she doesn't use it as a bludgeon to attack all men nor as a means to call attention to herself.

Quote: (08-17-2014 01:29 PM)CRR Wrote:  

As I've often said, the loudest voices regarding 'rape culture' on my social media are female coworkers (past and present) who are fat and loud.

[Image: xabl6.jpg.pagespeed.ic.cehyy_uUCm.jpg]

Take care of those titties for me.

You know the end of the world is near when fat girls are worried about being raped. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (08-17-2014 01:16 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

These cunts are running out of material. 2/10 troll job, would not read.

I like how brazen she is. She takes a hacky old joke (Romcom behavior would get you arrested! Hah!) and just juggles slightly to make a Serious Rape Thinkpiece.

Stay tuned for her next bit: What Is the Deal with Airline Food... Raping Women?

delicioustacos.com

Quote: (08-17-2014 12:33 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

The future is "male brothels" where women can hand pick who they want to fuck for a small hourly fee. Only then will the world be free from rape culture.

Women having to pay for sex is a clear social indication that female sexual expression lacks inherent value and must be supplemented by money. This systemic devaluation is part and parcel of rape culture. Please check your privilege.

next it will be breathing without permission will be rape culture.

Quote: (08-17-2014 01:10 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Yes, it's true. In societies that are not puritanical and uptight about sex (basically any country outside the US), you don't see such a female fixation on rape.

American woman are obsessed with it because so many of them are deeply sexually frustrated. They've resigned themselves to obesity, masturbation, and fantasies as substitutes for a real sex life with a man.

Women feel sexual urges just like men do, but many of them are so brainwashed into seeing men as the "enemy" and have their heads so full of pop culture bullshit, that they have lost all power to relate to men as women.

So, these repressed female sexual urges manifest themselves in rape fantasies. It's deeply sick....but hey, it's the US.

Parallel to this, we are also seeing an increased neuterization and feminization of men. In other words, American culture is deeply sick, and is edging towards androgyny across the board.

It just means that we have things too easy. When life is hard strict gender roles tend to be the norm.

Team Nachos

Almost all of these women who obsessively write about "rape culture" topics are low-often very low- on the attractiveness scale

I believe it's a method for them to attempt to raise their sexual market value "OMG, so many men want to rape me!" when reality is the opposite

I've noticed that false rape accusers are typically not attractive either

About the only time a good looking girl makes a false rape accusation is when she is publicly outed for slutty behavior such as the recent "12 Guys" incident and she is trying to repair her market value from the damage it has suffered

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote: (08-17-2014 03:16 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Almost all of these women who obsessively write about "rape culture" topics are low-often very low- on the attractiveness scale

I believe it's a method for them to attempt to raise their sexual market value "OMG, so many men want to rape me!" when reality is the opposite

Yes, it's really a twisted attempt at a humble brag. It's like when women post some variation of "I'm wearing sweatpants and no make up, not sure why these guys are hitting on me, I look awful" and then post a picture for affirmation.

"Eye rape culture" will reach headlines in the next five years.

Actually I have noticed women being hooked on shows with violence towards women being a large part of their plots.

CSI dramas, criminal minds etc. These are like soaps but on crack.

The dramas which attracted men such as NYPD Blue were watched by a lot of men and although they did have female victims, that was not the whole story. It did not drive the story whatsoever. These modern dramas focus too much on the female victims.

Meanwhile... "PULL MY HAIR HARDER, CHOKE ME, CALL ME A CUNT!"

If there is such a thing as "rape culture", it's clear to see which gender is actually perpetuating it.

This is not new. Only the terminology has changed. I'll say what I always say.

Years ago, behavior like aggressive courtship and checking out a woman were designated as the sin of lust. I'm old enough to remember when churches held sway and this was considered a serious enough offense that you had to go to confession. Or you were punished by parents or nuns. For an example, check out the old movie "Heaven Help Us" or watch this clip.

When the church lost its influence, a bunch of self-appointed feminists stepped in and gave the old sins new names. "Lust" was old school, so it became "objectifying women" and "rape culture." It's basically fear of (or bigotry toward) male sexuality.

And where the old Catholic nuns were closeted lesbians, feminists are out in the open. But make no mistake: feminists like the writer of this piece are the modern counterpart to the nuns of yesteryear.

Unfortunately, public is a bunch of sheep. So the same type of followers that wanted you punished because "you lusted in your heart" in the old days now go batshit crazy over "rape culture."

However, to steal a phrase from feminists, both "sin" and "rape culture" are "constructs." They're not real. Someone invented them to push an agenda.

Pointing this out to people sometimes opens their eyes. Sometimes it doesn't. But pointing it out is important because it unmasks this type of thinking. It's not progressive. It's old time religion dressed up with grad school terminology.

That was the most fantasticly awesome response Days of Broken Arrows. I love drawing parallels like that.
It's very persuasive.

[Image: clap.gif]

[Image: clap2.gif]

Team Nachos

The world is getting weird when you can't distinguish real articles from "The Onion".

Quote: (08-17-2014 05:59 PM)dads Wrote:  

The world is getting weird when you can't distinguish real articles from "The Onion".

Poe's Law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

Poe's law, in broader form, states:
"Without a blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of extremism or fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing."
The core of Poe's law is that a parody of something extreme, by nature, becomes impossible to differentiate from sincere extremism. A corollary of Poe's law is the reverse phenomenon: sincere fundamentalist beliefs can be mistaken for a parody of those beliefs.

It is offical. Romance Comedy is an instruction manual on how to properly stalk and rape your target.