rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

USA: where to go?

I'm recently developped some interests in the USA. I'm not particulary interested in New York, Miami and Los Angeles because of the higher cost of living.

So, what cities in the USA are reasonably priced, have good night
and day life and interesting people?

Quote: (03-12-2011 11:30 PM)Tommy Wrote:  

I'm recently developped some interests in the USA. I'm not particulary interested in New York, Miami and Los Angeles because of the higher cost of living.

So, what cities in the USA are reasonably priced, have good night
and day life and interesting people?

Atlanta has a pretty low cost of living(land prices far lower than those three cities) and, due to its status as an urban cultural center, is filled with things to do and some intriguing people. Lots of universities nearby as well.

Charlotte, from what I've read, is sort of like Atlanta lite. It isn't as big a cultural center so there isn't quite as much going on, but it does have a sizeable populace, a low cost of living, and lots of entertainment(NFL and NHL teams, plus Nascar if you like that sort of thing). Also a big banking center.

Houston and Dallas are two other options I can think of that are also similar to those two: low cost of living/housing, but still well known with plenty of universities nearby, lots of sports teams and other events going on.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Atlanta has a metro system and doesn thave a big population (aaprox. 560,000) so what about the girls there?

Quote: (03-13-2011 06:42 AM)Tommy Wrote:  

Atlanta has a metro system and doesn thave a big population (aaprox. 560,000) so what about the girls there?

Yeah but that's just the city population. The metro population is 5.5 million. And I don't think the metro system is that extensive given the size of the metro area.

Anyway, I was thinking along the same lines as Athlone McGinnis. I've generally found women from North Carolina to be very friendly so Charlotte would be a good choice. Or perhaps the Raleigh-Durham area. Three major universities - North Carolina, NC State and Duke means good nightlife and well educated people. Same for Austin, Texas. Never been there myself but I have lots of friends who have lived there and they all loved it.

I agree with the suggestions so far. Atlanta is great and has some small towns outside the beltline full of cute girls. Being a foreigner would DHV, like Athens, GA. I attended N.C. State as and adult and the girls were plentiful. Charlotte is where a lot of attractive educated girls from N.C. end up because the job market is usually pretty good. Again, a foreigner would be exotic to the local gals. I've seen some stunners there. Asheville is the gay, lesbian, wiccan, weirdo, dirt-worshiping capitol of the world. Finding a single straight chick is fucking impossible. Lots of fucked up foreigners trolling the downtown. Avoid like a bad case of herpes.

Sarasota, Charleston, Savannah, would round off the list for the South, where cost of living is generally cheaper.

Are you going to live or visit? If long term, than how long? What is your income bracket?

If you go to Atlanta, you probably want to party in Buckhead where the environment is more friendly and less gay. Midtown Atlanta is crawling with queers and very expensive. The kind of money you spend on a weekend in Atlanta partying hard could buy you a weekend like a king in Athens, GA. Athens in the home of the number one party school in the country this year.

I have heard awesome things about Houston. Big place, tons of girls to see and do, all for small town prices. A friend of mine visited for a weekend and had a blast in Houston.

When are you coming?

"So, what cities in the USA are reasonably priced, have good night
and day life and interesting people?"

No Brainer: New Orleans.

"America's Most Exotic City" may also be America's most unique city. And it's inexpensive.

I have written tons on th subject, if you check it out, you should be completely covered.

There's an Atlanta thread which discusses how ATL may be the best under the radar city in the U.S. Definitely recommend it. New Orleans is very good suggestion as well.

Some of these smaller places in Georgia and Carolina are better than most would think. Savannah, Raleigh Durham, etc

Quote: (03-13-2011 06:31 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

There's an Atlanta thread which discusses how ATL may be the best under the radar city in the U.S. Definitely recommend it. New Orleans is very good suggestion as well.

Some of these smaller places in Georgia and Carolina are better than most would think. Savannah, Raleigh Durham, etc

Yeah, very true. Some of those Southern chicks can be smoking. I once had to spend 6 months in Little Rock, Arkansas. I was dreading it. But, as it turned out, there are a lot of very attractive young blondes living in that city.

The more I think about it, New Orleans is the spot.

Here is what you are looking for:

"reasonably priced" - New Orleans is mad cheap. Especially compared to what I am used to in the USA (ie Coastal Southern California, Miami Beach, NYC).

"good night nightlife" - Does anywhere compare to New Orleans in the category? (answer: Las Vegas and Miami Beach are probably better). Super late last calls, insane energy, great music, great Gentleman's Clubs. New Orleans ticks this box.

"day life" - Again, New Orleans brings the day life. Jazz music everywhere, sick grinds, insane history and architecture.

"interesting people?" - New Orleans easily has some of the most interesting characters in a country of uninteresting people. New Orleans may be numero uno in this category.

I've never been to N'orleans but I need to make it down there and see for myself. Weather would suck incredibly in the summer though. But for a city of that size it is is rich in activity and culture. Only thing I'm put off about is the culture of segregation in the deep south.

speakeasy -

Yeah, avoid summer. I was there in Sept once and it was mad hot. Not unbearable though.

Best months: Feb, March, April, Oct, Nov.

I heard Dec and Jan can be kind of cold, which might not be terrible, although I think it wouldn't be quintessential New Orleans.

I can't really speak on the racial issues, although people actually seem to get along really well. Especially in the parts of the city I have been.

I can say that there is really a rich tapestry of cultures there and girls are always interested in my nationality and react very positively to it.

Great replies! I'm not sure when i'm going, i've been to the USA as a kid with family and i'm planning on going back just to hang out for a while (maybe a month or two and see from there).

New Orleans
Atlanta
Houston

Is there some cheap alternative to LA/Miami ?

Quote: (03-14-2011 11:42 AM)Tommy Wrote:  

San Diego. While not exactly cheap, is cheaper than LA at least.

Quote: (03-14-2011 11:42 AM)Tommy Wrote:  

Great replies! I'm not sure when i'm going, i've been to the USA as a kid with family and i'm planning on going back just to hang out for a while (maybe a month or two and see from there).

New Orleans
Atlanta
Houston

I think you just listed the 3 cheaper alternatives to both LA and Miami...Nashville would be a lower tier than the three aforementioned cities and their is some hot southern tail in that city as well. You cannot go wrong with Atlanta, New Orleans and Houston and could easily do a month in each spot with good results. The best time of year for a 3 month trip like this would be to do it March, April and May in each city for a month the weather is best during this time of year in the South and College Football in season so people arent so focused on that and are ready to party and be out. I I think you could find an apartment rental or smaller hotel or private accomodations via craigslist by subletting easily. I knew a Swedish guy who arranged a longterm hotel stay at a hotel here in Atlanta (Buckhead Upmarket area) and got a good deal. You can do Atlanta and New Orleans without a car but Houston I don't know. If I was you I would hit Atlanta, New Orleans, Panama City Beach and Miami for 3 months.

Yo Swagg!!! 'Sup dawg? I could not make ATL as I'd hope a few weeks ago as everything happened in Miami instead. Hey, do you trust those apt. rentals on CL for short-term stays? Would be cool to start looking for some for my upcoming trips to Minnesota, Charlotte and Austin.

Mixx

"San Diego. While not exactly cheap, is cheaper than LA at least."

San Diego is expensive, maybe just a hair cheaper than LA.

Beverly Hills is more expensive but all in all San Diego prices are very comparable. (food, drinks, gas (actually more in San Diego) taxi's, hotels)

I kept hearing about the hype of Miami during spring break and didn't believe it, but now that it's here, holy fuck. At my work, every single minute a new smokin hottie or 3 walk through the door. It's out of control. At first I would look at my co worker and say, "Damn, look at that!" but after a couple hours it was just normal. Hit up Miami for spring break at some point if you can.

The pluses of Miami during spring break:
-Lots and lots of beautiful women of every race, shape, size.
-tons of parties and events going on.
-lots of drunk women, and many out of towners looking to have fun. The tourists makes it nice because most of them aren't as stuck up as these miami beach hos.

Negatives
-Since there are so many damn people in town, with both money and good looks, it makes it that much harder to get into any of the clubs, especially if you don't have lots of money.
-Lots of drunk d bags.

I was in the Miami Airport coming back from Trinidad & Tobago for carnival (Data Sheet Coming) and it was tons of hot bitches with next to nothing on catching flights back to their respective cities. I havent done spring break in Miami in a few years but It's always a good look.

Fort Lauderdale should not be overlooked just 25 mins away. Lots of college girls running crazy along Fort Lauderdales beach strip, and it's nightlife on Riverwalk. Shit, you guys just got me in the mood to go chase college tail on a Monday night. [Image: banana.gif]

Mixx

MiXX-

Now you are talking. Fort Lauderdale is a gold mine, and its on the cheap. (We should probably keep this more low-profile. Ha.)

Zero competition as well.

I am writing up a Data Sheet soon on South Florida VS Southern California.

I may just be switching up my Base of Operations.

Quote: (03-14-2011 12:47 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

MiXX-

Now you are talking. Fort Lauderdale is a gold mine, and its on the cheap. (We should probably keep this more low-profile. Ha.)

Zero competition as well.

I am writing up a Data Sheet soon on South Florida VS Southern California.

I may just be switching up my Base of Operations.

Damn, I just did a quick drive-by on Fort Lauderdale beach at the very peak of Spring Break...and whomever said that American girls are FAT, Ugly and do not compare to SA women needs to get their ass down to Spring break Fort lauderdale NOW!!! OMG these were some bad-ass, apple-bottom booty having, C-cup titty smacking, luscious lip sucking midwest white girls I have seen from Indiana U of all fucking places.

I saw scores of young ass and tits everywhere! Not to mention that frat guys have zero game.

One thing I notice is that it is much easier to game college girls on spring break during night game at bars/clubs than day-game when they are at the beach with their girlfriends and just seeking attention and a suntan. Since they are not drinking as much during the daytime, they are more about being with the girlfriends, making it near impossible for you to f-close.

Anyone else have some spring break f-close strategies?

Here is a cool article on Fort Lauderdale's spring break comeback. I'm very happy to read this, I love hanging out in FLL.

http://www.springbreak.com/Spring_Break_...xit_66.htm

Mixx

I rarely see good looking American white girls in Miami. It's always black or Latin. By the way, I used to not be into black women until I moved here. Holy shit man, there are some fucking ridiculous black women out here. I love when I meet an educated black women that doesn't talk like she's from the hood. Especially when they have that melata skin. Off the charts.

Quote: (03-14-2011 11:10 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I love when I meet an educated black women that doesn't talk like she's from the hood. Especially when they have that melata skin. Off the charts.

Then you'll faint and fall head over heels with Atlanta. 8/10 black women I met were highly educated, and looked liked Alicia Keys or Kerry Washington. It is very common for black women in ATL to have at a bare minimum, a 4 year College degree.

Mixx