rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Seeking Full Stack Web Devs - iOS/Android, UX/UI Designers

-

Long time no see, boys. Hope you've been doing well.

-

Are there any full stack web devs around, preferably those who have experience with iOS/Android and maybe some UI/UX design?

To clarify this is to build the prototype for a mobile-first/only app for both iOS (objective C) and Android platforms.

We have a CTO/techOps manager who will be coordinating with you to build an MVP that we are launching to a private international beta audience of about 14,000.

I've had surprisingly good results with finding tech talent off RVF in the past so I thought I'd try my hand again. Something about this forum attracts the kind of hackers/coders with whom I enjoy working.

Ideally you are already location independent, have been looking for a startup opportunity to work on first as a freelancer (to get to know the team and project) and then be considered for a role as an early employee or cofounder for an app with traction that you helped build.

It would be good if you've worked both in the drudgery of corporate America (so you have the fear of going back to that world) and you have cut your teeth on entrepreneurial projects in the past in the early stage.

We're also looking for UI/UX designers who have experience working on mobile apps for both iOS/Android. The best case scenario is finding a full stack web dev who has experience coding for the front end and back end for iOS/Android and can also navigate the UI/UX end well enough to create a workable prototype.

---

If you are interested, please get in touch via PM with a link to:

-your linkedin

-your behance or github, or both, depending on your experience

-a short summary of previous startup experiences you've had

---

Much appreciated.

-

Ah I forgot to say this in the original post - we are also looking for

GROWTH HACKERS AND FULL STACK MARKETERS

We are building a marketplace platform not unlike Airbnb/Uber, which requires a marketer with experience dealing with user-onboarding/recruitment specific to B2C - preferably in the context of mobile.

We will be launching to a private beta of 14,000 people but then aggressively scaling once we gain traction, work out the bugs, and start hitting our early KPIs by the end of 2014.

The business model/platform we are implementing is such that we can theoretically be making money from the moment we launch our MVP, so the economics of the platform (at least for the beta audience's demographics) will be apparent in the first few weeks or months.

This, combined with direct user feedback, will help us determine if we should continue bootstrapping with the cash we are making or if we should pursue a seed round (500K-1M) in early 2015.

---

Anyone we take on as a freelancer at this stage has the potential to become an early founder/employee if there is a good fit in terms of both skills and technical abilities.

There is a possibility the current CTO will only be working in a techOps role through the MVP/beta phase and then leaving while helping me fill that role.

As such, as I said before, someone who is a full stack web dev experienced in mobile for iOS/Android and UI/UX design would check a lot of boxes off for us.

That role would be require more hustle and work in the first 6-12 months but will eventually transition into more of a techOps and management role, depending on if we crash and burn, decide to bootstrap, or raise a seed round.

---

Okay thanks gents.

Holla at me if you fit the profile of any of those descriptions above.

----

Would a data scientist with a marketing focus fit your marketing needs?

Speaking of airbnb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjHLVog1...detailpage

Full stack developer here that can do web dev, hasn't written a phone app yet. I can do UX if someone provides me a spec, but I can't design something myself.

Quote: (08-09-2014 06:12 AM)cibo Wrote:  

Speaking of airbnb

Above all we would want to see specific metrics/results for user growth that such a person has provided to any/all previous ventures he's been involved with in the past. The results trump everything.

Quote: (08-09-2014 10:31 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Quote: (08-09-2014 06:12 AM)cibo Wrote:  

Speaking of airbnb

Above all we would want to see specific metrics/results for user growth that such a person has provided to any/all previous ventures he's been involved with in the past. The results trump everything.
PM sent

What are the job responsibilities? Do you need a website and an iOS/android app that will go with it?

Sounds interesting. Good luck with this project.

Quote: (08-10-2014 05:57 AM)Turbo Wrote:  

What are the job responsibilities? Do you need a website and an iOS/android app that will go with it?

We can handle the website.

Basically we need to outsource the large majority (or all) of the iOS and Android development for the app itself.

In short, we need someone (or a team of people) to build this product for Android and iPhone users.

We could handle this in house but we know it would be a lot faster if we outsourced it.

There are two goals in doing this:

1. Get this done faster by people who already have a background in this, as none of us are experienced with mobile development

2. Work with new people and see if they work well with our team and then potentially recruit them in a full time basis after MVP is launched

What's in it for us? How does the pay/compensation structure work?

Quote: (08-10-2014 09:27 AM)hervens Wrote:  

What's in it for us? How does the pay/compensation structure work?

This is a freelance position to help us build the MVP that should last through the end of the year. We want to find one person or a team who will work on a contract with a certain payment attached to milestones towards completion.

After we launch the MVP to the beta audience we'll decide what sort of relationship we'll have moving forward - whether sticking with the freelancer/contractor type relationship, hiring the contractor full time as an employee, or something else. That will probably be sometime in December or January.

There are three types of positions being listed here - full stack web devs, UI/UX designers, and full stack marketers - the pay would be commensurate with the level of experience of the candidate and upon whatever price we come to upon negotiation.

----

The way in which the pay structure will work is that we will first see if your work experience and skills are in line with the specific things we need to build an MVP.

We will clarify the final result we are looking for and then break them down into clear deliverables and milestones across a period of about 3 months.

We will likely run this project through oDesk or Elance so that both sides are protected by the escrow system that both of these platforms have.

As the contractor you will be compensated on a milestone-by-milestone basis. Since the milestones will be funded by escrow in advance you will be protected. Pretty standard project format.

I hope this answers your questions.

Thank you.

-

-

We've sourced our team and are no longer accepting applications.

Thank you for your interest.

Tuth/Roosh - you can feel free to delete this thread if you want.

-