rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recomended Books on Branding?

Of course I've done various websearches for info, but was wondering if anyone on this board has found any book or similar resource on branding that really stood out in their mind. Branding is one of the big sticking points for me in trying to put together a business plan.

The general thoughts on this is that you HAVE to create and maintain a strong brand to make much profit over the long term because of commoditization. I'm curious to get feedback from people out there who are willing to share their thoughts of what material inspired, worked for them or just plain made sense.

Intended product is physical, rather than a service or info product.

Bad Hussar - Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuk is pretty good for Internet branding.

Review here: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2009/11/rev...rchuk.html

He took his parents 6 mill a year liquor store to 60 million per year.

He has a new book coming out too which I haven't read yet.

Thanks gman. Will check it out.

Like your blog by the way. But the $5,000 custom suits will have to wait a while....

Crush it is a good book, I just finished reading it about three weeks ago.

On a somewhat separate note, does anything think Seth Godin is way overrated?

Quote: (03-09-2011 10:31 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Crush it is a good book, I just finished reading it about three weeks ago.

On a somewhat separate note, does anything think Seth Godin is way overrated?

From what I remember from reading some of his work (it was quite a while back) it comes accross as a very watered down version of Richard Dawkins "meme" theory. Obviously applied specifically to marketting. Didn't really much like most of what I read, though I did think his view that the actual design of a product itself, rather than the packaging or subsequent advertising, had to contain most of the marketing message made a lot of sense. Even if it was a bit obvious.