rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hat Game for Bald Guys or Guys with Bad Hair

Some thoughts on balding and wearing a hat..

It's often said that if you are balding, don't wear a hat because it looks insecure- like you are trying to hide your balding. There may be some truth to that, but that's not the only reason why you'd want to wear a hat if you are losing your hair.

People with good hair have a frame around their face that draws attention to the parts that are important for communication- the eyes and mouth.

When you are losing your hair, you lose that frame, especially while you are in the midst of hair loss- there is a lot of visual noise going on on top of the head.

I wear a hat not just to conceal my balding, but also because I like how it frames my face and draws attention to my eyes. I don't want the girl to be distracted by my thinning hair. It can also look more mysterious and possibly be evocative of some kind of archetype of power (like a king who wears a crown).

Guys who have bad hair can also use hats in this way.

Going out with a shaved head can be good because it gets rid of the thinning hair noise thing, but it still draws a lot of attention to your head instead of your face, especially if you are a white guy. Darker skin guys can pull it off more easily I think because they don't have this giant glowing white bulb resting above their eyes.

At night, when things are fast paced and girls are making quick decisions about who they want to give their attention to, a hat can help a lot of guys even if they aren't balding. It can make you standout from a crowd.

To broaden that last point: a lot of players who aren't looking for a long term relationship only need enough game to get dick into pussy. Once that finish line is passed, the relationship with the girl changes. After you've banged a girl out, maybe once or probably after a few times, you can, and will often need to do things that you can't do when you first meet her. Things like showing her anger if she misbehaves or whatever. There's definitely a dividing line between pre-bang game and post-bang game.

People might argue that wearing lifts if you are short, or trying to conceal your bad or balding hair is a reflection of weak inner game, but I'd argue that they can help level the playing field for you more, and possibly give you an advantage.

Maybe it is "cheating" or "lying" but who cares if you aren't going to see the girl again.

Quick fixes can work.. think about those old cowboy movie sets where the houses were fake facades. Sure they aren't real, but they function perfectly to help sell the reality of the movie.

Besides, in the same way that a girl can be more approachable during the day than when she's bitching out at a nightclub, a girl can be more forgiving of your short comings after you've conquered her sexually. In fact, if your game is strong she will start making things up about you to re in force her fantasy. Once that hamster starts spinning in overdrive, a girl will often think things like your dick is bigger than it is, or that you are famous, or whatever it is that puts you on a pedestal so she can worship you.

There's no shame in doing whatever it takes to win that first bang in this game.

I can't run hat game because hats draw attention to my pointy ears. Not big into the skull hats myself. But I would be interested in seeing what sort of hats are good for bald players

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (07-31-2014 11:05 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

I can't run hat game because hats draw attention to my pointy ears. Not big into the skull hats myself. But I would be interested in seeing what sort of hats are good for bald players

Yeah- maybe it's not for everyone. Do you do anything to draw attention away from your ears?

Quote: (07-31-2014 11:09 AM)soup Wrote:  

Yeah- maybe it's not for everyone. Do you do anything to draw attention away from your ears?

[attachment=20388]

Quote: (07-31-2014 11:13 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (07-31-2014 11:09 AM)soup Wrote:  

Haha nice.

I don't wear hats but on the topic of balding, I've been using Minoxidil (Rogaine) and Epilobium Parviflorum extract twice a day for the last 8 years which has pretty much halted my receding hairline and nipped any bald spots in the bud. During approval testing they only tested Rogaine on the head apex, probably because of cost and time constraints, but it does work on the front hairline as well. EP extract has similar Testosterone to DHT conversion blocking effects to finasteride (Propecia) but is not as powerful and also apparently inhibits testosterone to estrogen conversion. There are reports of guys actually regrowing hair if they step up to mixing Rogaine with high enough dosages of Propecia, but there can be some significant side effects with Propecia such as ED, libido loss and other estrogenic symptoms.

You can make your own EP extract for a fraction of the prepared cost by mixing one cup compressed dried herb to two cups vodka. Let it sit for a few days shaking occasionally then pour into dropper vials. I take ~30 drops/day. The active ingredients are oenothein A and B. Further reading at - http://www.mdidea.com/products/new/new09305.html

In my 20s, I got a lot of pussy wearing this:

[Image: 505146-20229-12.jpg]

^^That's real

Got at least 10 of those hats in different colors, mostly Kangol style

You can dress them up or down depending on your uniform for the day

Usually a girl will try to take them and sport it around themselves, hoping I would leave without it.

Had a couple of them even threaten "steal" a few

MDP

I am bald, so I roll without a hat. I think I actually look better unadorned, but I am a spartan kind of guy.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Or get a neckbeard to draw attention away from it

[Image: mgxVih6.png]

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

^ That's funny. The dude needs to lose weight before any fashion choices.

or you can wear a wig

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIkl0z-rWW2HbLIkz7Uf-...5eKToXFflw]

I'm always rocking a hat.

Not just because of the thinning hair, but a good hat will complete a look or outfit.

It's easier to 'get in character' when you have a unique look.

Plus, I overhear girls in the bar all the time saying "the guy in the hat" when referring to me. Definitely makes you stand out.

At some point in the night, I will take off the hat and run my hands through my hair or something to subtly show the girl I'm not bald. That helps.

Quote: (07-31-2014 03:18 PM)Goldmund Wrote:  

I'm always rocking a hat.

Not just because of the thinning hair, but a good hat will complete a look or outfit.

It's easier to 'get in character' when you have a unique look.

Plus, I overhear girls in the bar all the time saying "the guy in the hat" when referring to me. Definitely makes you stand out.

At some point in the night, I will take off the hat and run my hands through my hair or something to subtly show the girl I'm not bald. That helps.

Definitely helps if you have a fucking cool hat like the one you rock. I need to get some new ones.

or you can wear this:

[Image: 0.jpg]

I wouldn't wear any hat but a baseball cap. Fedoras and any other kind of hat instantly make me think A - he's a hipster fagbitch - or B - he's hiding thinning hair.

It pretty much holds true for everyone. In high school, there were one or two musician hippy types who clearly had heads full of hair, but wore some kind of goofy hat. And in every other case, it was equally obvious that it was category B.

i'm balding so I shave my whole head. Looks better than the patches of hair on the top of my head.

In the winter I wear a skully cuz it's too fucking cold to be playing around like that during the snowing months.

My ex-gf bought me a Porkpie hat (Heisenberg from Breaking Bad) for Xmas2013. I've gotten so many compliments from the hat saying it suits/fits me. I look better with a porkpie than I do a Fedora/etc. A lot of folks where I hang out wear the fedora so I stand out with the porkpie.

I switched to a black Phillies baseball cap for the spring/summer because that sun cooks my shiny dome.

Here's the porkpie hat:
[Image: 100-5703-BLK-MM01.jpg]

A lot of people told me to get a pork pie or short brimmed hat. It looks good, but reminds of the bad guy from who framed roger rabbit.

Edit: that guy had a bigger hat.

Pork pike looks good.

Wrong thread lol

how do you rock a hat as a bald guy without looking like you're hiding your baldness? I love being bald.

The hat maker Gorin Bros makes pretty good hats for men, including the Breaking Bad hat.

They sell online. I wouldn't recommend any guy over 25 wear a baseball cap anywhere other than a game or sports bar, but hey to each his own.

I used to work for a hair restoration surgeon. So if anyone has questions about that please let me know, I'm glad to answer them.

Tl;dr propecia (brand, I don't trust generics) minoxidil, and nizoral shampoo should slow down if not stop shedding. Propecia is usually touted as the most effective thing but don't sleep on minoxidil and nizoral.

I've seen some cool bald cats rocking fedors or a rad cap. Wanna know what helps ? Grow a beard dude, looks good with a bald head !

Quote: (07-31-2014 06:31 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

I've seen some cool bald cats rocking fedors or a rad cap. Wanna know what helps ? Grow a beard dude, looks good with a bald head !

Actually, I've heard some chicks same that the beard and bald head thing looks like child molester.. I don't know what the reference is.

Anyway- the concept I'm thinking about is to frame your face as best as possible. I think the eyes should be the center of attention.

I'm trying to work out more so if I do go back to shaved head, it will be more tough looking.

Davis Aurini certainly knows how to rock the bald beardo look:

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (07-31-2014 06:40 PM)soup Wrote:  

Quote: (07-31-2014 06:31 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Actually, I've heard some chicks same that the beard and bald head thing looks like child molester.. I don't know what the reference is.

Anyway- the concept I'm thinking about is to frame your face as best as possible. I think the eyes should be the center of attention.

I'm trying to work out more so if I do go back to shaved head, it will be more tough looking.

Really ? Maybe it's just a thing out here in SoCal, everyone's rocking beards out here, staches for the hipsters.

Working out more won't hurt at all !