rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

James Garner Dead At 86

James Garner Dead At 86

Legendary TV and film actor passes away in California

[Image: _76396896_garner_getty.jpg]

Very sad. I recall him in the show Rockford Files. RIP.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

James Garner Dead At 86

Quote: (07-20-2014 06:55 PM)2Wycked Wrote:  

Legendary TV and film actor passes away in California

[Image: _76396896_garner_getty.jpg]

Very sad. I recall him in the show Rockford Files. RIP.

"The Great Escape" with him and Steve McQueen.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

James Garner Dead At 86

Loved the way Howard Stern used to rip him apart.

James Garner Dead At 86

Great actor. RIP.

Take care of those titties for me.

James Garner Dead At 86

I loved his voice and mannerisms.

James Garner Dead At 86

I admit I wasn't familiar with him, but that pic is great. That is the look of alpha.

James Garner Dead At 86

The personification of cocky/funny.

Watching an episode of The Rockford Files would always improve your mood.

James Garner Dead At 86

Dead at 86.

It doesn't have the same ring as something like "dead at 26"

People get old. They die. We have to accept this kind of thing. There's a wall for all of us.

James Garner R.I.P.

James Garner Dead At 86

Quote: (07-21-2014 02:31 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Stephen J. Cannell interviewed me at his office for about 2 hours for a book he was working on.

He told me a lot about writing during that time.

I actually have a whole his collection of historical and philosophical books I was given after he passed away.

James Garner Dead At 86

Quote: (07-21-2014 03:12 AM)Fisto Wrote:  

Quote: (07-21-2014 02:31 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Stephen J. Cannell interviewed me at his office for about 2 hours for a book he was working on.

He told me a lot about writing during that time.

I actually have a whole his collection of historical and philosophical books I was given after he passed away.

That guy's filmography is a list of classic network TV crime / adventure shows from the 70s, 80s and 90s. Ironside, Columbo, Toma, Baretta and Adam-12, blast from the past.

It wasn't until later in life that I realized the druglike effect of watching these shows. I probably watched too much TV when I was younger, but the army got me out of it because who wants to be watching TV in a barracks room?

James Garner Dead At 86

For Sopranos fans, David Chase wrote and produced a LOT of Rockford episodes.

James Garner was also great in the modern remake of "Maverick" (1994) with Mel Gibson, and "My Fellow Americans" with Jack Lemmon.

On a side note it is weird that just about 2 months ago I started into watching the entire Rockford series, you can find DVDs at your local library or all 8 seasons are on Netflix.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

James Garner Dead At 86

The first thing that came to mind was Barbarians at the Gate, I'm trying to find my copy to watch that one again. One of the best HBO movies from the 90s, and still one I'd recommend, assuming you can get over how dated it is (cell phones are a luxury?).

James Garner Dead At 86

If I recall correctly, in Rockford files he was like 50 and was smashing some hot 25 year old blonde.

James Garner Dead At 86

[Image: Andra-Martin-James-Garner-Up-Periscope-2.jpg]

[Image: article-2699508-1FCFDCED00000578-619_306x496.jpg]

[Image: Steve-McQueen-James-Garner-John-Sturges-...Escape.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnSRS9Mr6jESRpp4hGepL...ySlBwLhXqA]

A man's man.

A true Scrounger if ever there was one (see the Great Escape).

Friend of Steve McQueen, and proof that the Limeys can get along with the Ham shanks.

He understated it and underplayed it, and in doing so, he knocked every other single mother fucker out of the room.

A true original. A genius. A humble man. All part of his charm.

James Garner Dead At 86

His girlfriend on Rockford Files. WB.

[Image: gretchen-corbett-photo-u1.jpg]

James Garner Dead At 86

Quote: (07-21-2014 07:24 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

His girlfriend on Rockford Files. WB.

[Image: gretchen-corbett-photo-u1.jpg]

He must have had so much top quality 'femininity' thrown at him, that it must have not been funny any more. I mean, just look at her. That's a left arm for most blokes.

And he had that safe old uncle jim you can rely on me charm, whilst, always, the undercurrent - I am going to be a bit naughty, but you know that don't you?

He had it all. In leagues.

He was naughty. He was nice.

But I bet he really was nice. Then again, I bet he really could have been naughty too.

A complex man. I'll never know.

But my god, what those young starlets must have felt under his caring and nurturing arm. Fuck, the man didn't need to be a pervert like jimmy fucking saville. He would have been beating them off.

Whatever. I'm sure someone wrote a book about him. They better have!

Then again, I bet they didn't, and a whole era is lost.

He was a fuck magnet par excellence, and not just coz he was famous as fuck, but that didn't hurt. Then stick his innate charm on top. Killer.

But couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. And just remember, this is the James Garner remembrance thread.

I bet he was a good Dad too.

Like I said. A real Man's Man.

James Garner Dead At 86

Dude was a boss.

James Garner Dead At 86

I love this monologue:

He was also married to one woman for over 50 years.

James Garner Dead At 86

I just watched Rockford Files episode 1 inspired by this thread. It was a blast.
It was interesting to see gender dynamics from the 70's. Guys did much more kino for example. Hugs, led the girl with arm on her lower back, touched her forearm briefly, etc...

Deus vult!