rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dash's Barranquilla, Colombia Data Sheet

Barranquilla, Colombia

[Image: 146299.jpg]

Where To Stay

Your gonna wanna stay in the main area of Barranquilla as the rest of the city is a dump. Try and find a place around Prado and Alto Prado

Lodging:

Hotel Victoria - cheap chica friendly

Tourist Things to See & Do

The Carnival de Barranquilla held in mid Feb
The Women lol

DayGame Spots

Buenavista mall
Plaza de la Paz
Central Area
Washington Park
Venezuela Park

Nightlife Spots

Agua Helada
Trucupey
Kukara Makara
Frogg Leggs
Uva Club

**Shoring Locations**

Silgo XX1
Lusatania

Updated Additions

Nightlife

Olaya Herrera road near El Poblado (Party zone)

This is the nice area of town! Lots of people and bars/clubs. I meet a group of girls here and they invited me to chill with them for the remander of the night. We walked north up the road from where the Windsor Hotel was and stopped into a decent lil club, cant remb the name.

Simon Bolivar area near Calle 19

Drove down this area at night on the bus coming into Barranquilla from Santa Marta and damn i wanted to get off the bus and just walk around! Lots of fucking people walking in the area. Lots of lil clubs and bars on the side of the streets. This is a working class area but looked decently safe. Def check this out if u have time.

Seven (Club)

Providence (Club)

Lodging

Windsor Hotel on Olaya Herrera rd in Alto Prado

Cheapest room runs you like 130 pesos for one night. Nice hotel. Wicked rooftop bar/lounge with nice views. Great location!

Dash -

I am kind of confused by these Data Sheets.

The first post was from before you even went there right?

Were you just "speculating" on Barranquilla then? ie "going long Barranquilla", so to speak?

How accurate is that Data?

Also:

What is the best area to stay?

Try to weave in some names of some bar/clubs.

Not trying to grill you or anything, I am probably going there toward the end of the year and people always come with these fluff reports on the place.

Quote: (04-28-2011 02:18 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Dash -

I am kind of confused by these Data Sheets.

The first post was from before you even went there right?

Were you just "speculating" on Barranquilla then? ie "going long Barranquilla", so to speak?

How accurate is that Data?

Also:

What is the best area to stay?

Try to weave in some names of some bar/clubs.

Not trying to grill you or anything, I am probably going there toward the end of the year and people always come with these fluff reports on the place.

No no this intel is accurate and straight from locals! Not speculation of past years.

I was only in Barranquilla for one night soo i cant breakstuff down like if I was here for say a few weeks or couple months. But this is everything you need to know to get off in the right direction.

As I said Alto Prado is the nice area to stay at. I stayed at Windsor Hotel. Decent 4 or 5 star hotel. There is some more upscale hotels in the area. All the MAIN bars and clubs are listed. I cant recall the place I went to. It was just in one of the party zones and it wasnt a main club or anything. Just an average lil spot locals go.

I stayed at Windsor Hotel. Decent 4 or 5 star hotel. There is some more upscale hotels in the area. All the MAIN bars and clubs are listed. I cant recall the place I went to. It was just in one of the party zones and it wasnt a main club or anything. Just an average lil spot locals go.
[/quote]

Just making sure of something. So for a week or more you stayed in hostels that cost $10-$20, but then decided on the Hotel Windsor which I believe is $135+ per night. Is my info wrong on the price? bc something doesn't fit.

Lodging

Cheapest room runs you like 130 pesos for one night. Nice hotel. Wicked rooftop bar/lounge with nice views. Great location!
[/quote]

Just went to book it online, cheapest room $135 aka 250,000 pesos.
Following your lodging advice seems to be a disaster.
Please be more careful with what you write.

I've been to Barranquilla three times - about 5 weeks total, including Carnaval in last year. I have stayed in the Hotel WIndsor and the Hotel Prado.

Windsor Hotel; Nice place but listed rates are expensive. Never pay to listed rate on any website; expedia, etc. Call the hotel direct and negotiate a rate - tell them that you are coming for business and that you will be returning regularly. I was able to get a rate of $65usd or so, if memory serves. They have a pool, but it's almost useless for getting sun as it's blocked by the interior walls. Rooftop bar? I never saw one.

Hotel Prado; Nice place and the highlight is a great pool area. You should be able to book a rate similar to Windsor by calling and using the same approach. Old Spanish colonial sytle, but rooms are nicer at the Windsor. Pool is great here, but don't expect lots of ladies around.

Hotel Dann Carlton; Best place in town across from the mega mall. If you got the green, this is the place.

Bars: Start the night off in "Henry's Bar". It will fill up on Thurs-Sat and the bartenders are good shits. Ask them where the best party will be later.

Club: Aqua Helado and Frogg Leggs. Aqua Helado has by far the best talent in the city. There is also a rooftop bar in the same building that is very good on weekends. Nice cool breezes at night. I met women there and then headed to the club next door. As far as clubbing goes, B'quilla is pretty limited, especially if you are running solo. As with the rest of the country, people go out in a group or on a date.

Climate: Great if you like 90F and 90 humidity.

Food: surprisingly good for Colombia. There is a large ethnic Lebanese population (think Shakira) and some excellent Lebanese food to be head. Great, cheap fish joints on the river in barrio Flores.

I have a gringo friend that lives in Bogota and spent a year in B'quilla and loves the place.

Jury is still out for me. If you could spend some time there you could clean up. For a short trip, might be a little difficult. I hooked up with a front desk hottie and she showed me the town, including some very dodgy places downtown - $10 gram for excellent blow, courtesy of the bano attendant.

Quote: (05-31-2011 05:58 PM)redneckpunk Wrote:  

Lodging

[/quote]

@Redneckpunk

You dont have a clue what you are talking about. I was THERE and payed 60-80 dollars. Do you always just go off of the listed price online?!? If soo you are not to bright! lol LostGringo confirmed this rate if you dont believe me.

Maybe you should take ur own advice and "be more careful with what you write". [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (05-31-2011 06:55 PM)LostGringo Wrote:  

I've been to Barranquilla three times - about 5 weeks total, including Carnaval in last year. I have stayed in the Hotel WIndsor and the Hotel Prado.

Windsor Hotel; Nice place but listed rates are expensive. Never pay to listed rate on any website; expedia, etc. Call the hotel direct and negotiate a rate - tell them that you are coming for business and that you will be returning regularly. I was able to get a rate of $65usd or so, if memory serves. They have a pool, but it's almost useless for getting sun as it's blocked by the interior walls. Rooftop bar? I never saw one.

Hotel Prado; Nice place and the highlight is a great pool area. You should be able to book a rate similar to Windsor by calling and using the same approach. Old Spanish colonial sytle, but rooms are nicer at the Windsor. Pool is great here, but don't expect lots of ladies around.

Hotel Dann Carlton; Best place in town across from the mega mall. If you got the green, this is the place.

Bars: Start the night off in "Henry's Bar". It will fill up on Thurs-Sat and the bartenders are good shits. Ask them where the best party will be later.

Club: Aqua Helado and Frogg Leggs. Aqua Helado has by far the best talent in the city. There is also a rooftop bar in the same building that is very good on weekends. Nice cool breezes at night. I met women there and then headed to the club next door. As far as clubbing goes, B'quilla is pretty limited, especially if you are running solo. As with the rest of the country, people go out in a group or on a date.

Food: surprisingly good for Colombia. There is a large ethnic Lebanese population (think Shakira) and some excellent Lebanese food to be head. Great, cheap fish joints on the river in barrio Flores.

I have a gringo friend that lives in Bogota and spent a year in B'quilla and loves the place.

Jury is still out for me. If you could spend some time there you could clean up. For a short trip, might be a little difficult. I hooked up with a front desk hottie and she showed me the town, including some very dodgy places downtown - $10 gram for excellent blow, courtesy of the bano attendant.

how would you compare the female talent, the city itself, compared to medellin, cali, pereira, etc?

@Whosyourdaddy

I only was on the Caribbean Coast but Barranquilla females were hands down the hottest of the 3 major cities (Cartagena, Barranquilla, Santa Marta)

In case you didnt know Medellin is regularly regarded as having the best looking women in Colombia.....

Quote: (05-31-2011 07:34 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Lodging

@Redneckpunk

You dont have a clue what you are talking about. I was THERE and payed 60-80 dollars. Do you always just go off of the listed price online?!? If soo you are not to bright! lol LostGringo confirmed this rate if you dont believe me.

Maybe you should take ur own advice and "be more careful with what you write". [Image: wink.gif]
[/quote]

you were also in Santa Marta and said it was easy to find an apartment which was 100% WRONG. So yes I'm skeptical of anything you write at this point, hence my question. You also have a track record of writing about places and countries you have never set foot in (Peru, South Korea, and random lists of bars and parks in various cities that i'm sure u've never been to). That is why I asked.

Quote: (05-31-2011 09:10 PM)redneckpunk Wrote:  

Lodging

@Redneckpunk

you were also in Santa Marta and said it was easy to find an apartment which was 100% WRONG. So yes I'm skeptical of anything you write at this point, hence my question. You also have a track record of writing about places and countries you have never set foot in (Peru, South Korea, and random lists of bars and parks in various cities that i'm sure u've never been to). That is why I asked.
[/quote]

lol It is easy to find an apartment in Santa Marta. Just hop on one the numerous vans and buses that make the quick drive back and forth from Rodadero day and night. I already noted that was a mistake of me lumping Rodadero, Santa Marta, and Taganga together and not clarifying when I was referring to the apartment rentals. Sorry 1% of what I write was slightly inaccurate. Srry I gave my opinion on Peru and South Korea. Im sure you will get over it [Image: wink.gif] Sort of like you saying the girls in Seoul look better than the girls in Busan, and I wont have much free time to travel. STFU

I stayed in Royal suites whilst I was there, this place is new and very nice. I paid about $160 a night and this was part of a three day special so I think the normal rate may be a little higher than this.

I didn't think of just turning up and trying to negotiate a better rate so maybe this could yield a discount.

I second what lost gringo says about the climate it is freaking hot so this will pretty much sap your will to do anything during the day.

Quote: (05-31-2011 09:24 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Quote: (05-31-2011 09:10 PM)redneckpunk Wrote:  

Lodging

@Redneckpunk

lol It is easy to find an apartment in Santa Marta. Just hop on one the numerous vans and buses that make the quick drive back and forth from Rodadero day and night. I already noted that was a mistake of me lumping Rodadero, Santa Marta, and Taganga together and not clarifying when I was referring to the apartment rentals. Sorry 1% of what I write was slightly inaccurate. Srry I gave my opinion on Peru and South Korea. Im sure you will get over it [Image: wink.gif] Sort of like you saying the girls in Seoul look better than the girls in Busan, and I wont have much free time to travel. STFU
[/quote]

ur cute when ur mad.

Quote: (05-31-2011 07:46 PM)whosyourdaddy Wrote:  

Quote: (05-31-2011 06:55 PM)LostGringo Wrote:  

how would you compare the female talent, the city itself, compared to medellin, cali, pereira, etc?

B'quilla is a gritty industrial city. There are plenty of hot women and very little fishing pressure from foreigners. I wouldn't place it high on my Colombia travel list because there's not a lot to do and the place is a fucking steam bath. I hit LC heavy before my first trip and had plenty of new friends to play with. If you committed to say, 6 months - an average foreigner could set up a nice gig there - but you might die of boredom. Medellin is a tragedy; 15 years ago it was epic - now it's a pathetic stop on the gringo trail. Pablo would be rolling over in his grave if he saw Parque Lleras today. Cali gets my vote. Hot women, good weather and fewer idiots. Pereira has some stunning women, but I got bored quick. I'd consider basing in Cali and taking regular trips to Pereira - 3 hours by bus. Work both cities. I got more eye tag in Cali than anywhere else I ever traveled - 60 countries. Bucaramanga and Cucuta were full of hot women as well.

Yeah i keep switching how much time i want to spend in Colombia. Initially i thought 4 and 1/2 weeks, then i thought closer to 7 weeks. But it seems that i'd start to get pretty bored in Colombia if i stay there too long.

i'm also debating whether to keep moving or base my self primarily in one place. i was initially thinking like about 11 days or so in Medellin, but it seems that Cali may be the better option.

But isn't Cali quite dangerous? Is there a ton to do there during the day, or more in Medellin?

Quote: (06-01-2011 10:24 AM)whosyourdaddy Wrote:  

Yeah i keep switching how much time i want to spend in Colombia. Initially i thought 4 and 1/2 weeks, then i thought closer to 7 weeks. But it seems that i'd start to get pretty bored in Colombia if i stay there too long.

i'm also debating whether to keep moving or base my self primarily in one place. i was initially thinking like about 11 days or so in Medellin, but it seems that Cali may be the better option.

But isn't Cali quite dangerous? Is there a ton to do there during the day, or more in Medellin?

i spent 5 days in Cali last year and thought it was the most boring place in the world

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Quote: (06-01-2011 10:38 AM)zanetti Wrote:  

Quote: (06-01-2011 10:24 AM)whosyourdaddy Wrote:  

i spent 5 days in Cali last year and thought it was the most boring place in the world

Haha I'll second this, it's funny all of these cities are actually pretty dull if you want to stay for a while - Cali, Perira, Barranquilla and Medellin.

@Whosyourdaddy

You dont go to Colombia for "tourist" things esp places like Cali, Pererira, Barranquilla, Medellin ect.. If you want that I suggest going else where. Guys go to Colombia to meet women and have fun! If you get bored than you are not spending your time wisely. Find a gym to work out during the day. Go play some soccer or tennis or basketball or golf. Go have lunch and take a nap. Then go out and meet women and go on mini dates at night to bars and places to dance. Then you CLOSE.

Rinse and Repeat.

@Zanetii

What exactly makes a city not boring, or what are the things you like to do?

Bogota doesn't have the greatest weather, but you will NOT be bored here like you might be in other cities. You will never run out of things to do or girls to meet, and if you want nice weather it is two hours away in any direction.

Cartagena and Bogota are definitely not boring.

At least in my opinion.

Quote:Quote:

You dont go to Colombia for "tourist" things esp places like Cali, Pererira, Barranquilla, Medellin ect.. If you want that I suggest going else where. Guys go to Colombia to meet women and have fun! If you get bored than you are not spending your time wisely. Find a gym to work out during the day. Go play some soccer or tennis or basketball or golf. Go have lunch and take a nap. Then go out and meet women and go on mini dates at night to bars and places to dance. Then you CLOSE.

I don't know about anyone else but if I've spent time and money to travel to a far away country I want to do more than excercise, play some sports, eat lunch and sleep. I can chase women anywhere in the world so if I'm making the effort to go to a new country I at least want there to be some interesting and exciting things to do. Of course people go to Columbia to do tourist stuff.

what are my chances of finding somewhere decent to study Spanish in a town like Cartagena or Barranquilla?

Quote: (06-01-2011 02:55 PM)Gringo Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

I don't know about anyone else but if I've spent time and money to travel to a far away country I want to do more than excercise, play some sports, eat lunch and sleep. I can chase women anywhere in the world so if I'm making the effort to go to a new country I at least want there to be some interesting and exciting things to do. Of course people go to Columbia to do tourist stuff.

Obviously there is a few tourist things to do in Colombia. But it pales in comparison to other countries. I didnt go to Colombia to do tourist stuff. Sure Cartagena was cool and had some good architecture, but I was there primarily to see Colombia, party / have a good time, and last but not least fuck hot Colombianas! Glad I went and cant wait to return! [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (06-01-2011 03:04 PM)takeda Wrote:  

what are my chances of finding somewhere decent to study Spanish in a town like Cartagena or Barranquilla?

They have schools in Cartagena, don't know the quality. None that I know of in Barranquilla, and the ones in Santa Marta are poor quality. In general Ecuador and Peru are better for studying Spanish bc they have more experience doing it.