rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Khan Academy

Khan Academy

Anybody heard of Khan Academy here? Its a great resource with plenty of well done video lessons. Its really helped me in my senior year of high school in chemistry and math. There's also a lot of information on a wide range of topics such as finance, physics, investing, and even venture capital. While you obviously don't want this to be your primary education, there's a lot of useful info at the site. The narrator is one of the best teachers I have ever heard and blows most of my teachers away.

http://www.khanacademy.org/

Khan Academy

Khan is great.

They are also all over iTunes U, which I find more convenient.

Khan Academy

It's great, I'm going to set time aside regularly to learn about useful or interesting topics from there.

I've been using it lately to learn more about economics to better understand what's behind the news. Strongly recommend it for that, gives a solid foundation for thinking critically about what you read in the papers. There's a lighter section there called "Current economics" and a much more thorough and theoretical one called "Finance" which includes a lot of macroeconomics. There are ten lessons on the financial bailout alone.

I'm sure the economic discussions on the forum would benefit from users learning more about it.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Khan Academy

I haven't used it too much, but everyone has great things to say about it.

That said, it's funny to see how when I tell chicks I'm taking a math class online (elsewhere, for credit), my value declines in their eyes. Happened last night, to a chick who went to a top tier university - her face scrunches up with slight disgust, "why are you taking a math class?" Translation: "You seem way too cool to be doing math... you must not be the cool guy I thought you were." I saw this all the time in college, when being an engineer was a mark against you regardless of your actual personality. The stereotype was enough to lower your value.

Khan Academy

If you need focus on math also look at Patrick JMT

http://patrickjmt.com/