rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why Do Smart Men Date Dumb Girls?

A hedge fund cat breaks it down:

"Dating a less successful woman isn’t about wanting women to be dumb. It’s about wanting someone who prioritizes their life in a way that’s compatible with how you prioritize yours. I love my job, but I work all the fucking time. If I date an equally driven woman, we’re both working 18 hours days, when do we even have time to see each other? We don’t. I date a kindergarten teacher who works—f**k, I have no idea how many hours kindergarten teachers work. How many hours do you work? Really? Sh*t. Well, you’re a really driven person and you love work. But the theoretical Kindergarten teacher, she has a more flexible schedule, she’ll be able accommodate me, it’s going to be easier. Just on a literal level, it’s easier. Why don’t women do this too? Every alpha woman I know wants to be with a man who is as successful as her or more so. And coordinating that stuff is almost impossible. Why don’t they just date some beta male who works in a bookstore and will make dinner for them every night? Doesn’t every successful person—man or woman—see how that’s easier?"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41872437

"Now, why might a man want to date his secretary instead of some virile pit-viperess of a lawyer, forever coiled to strike? To start with, twenty-five is more appealing than fifty. Sorry, but there it is. Second, secretaries usually lack the misandry, vanity, and abrasiveness of the viperess. (Think Alan Dershowitz in drag, but hostile.) Which leads to, Third, the secretary is likely to be lots more fun. You don’t have to spend time comparing penises with her. She won’t always be looking for discrimination, like a chicken clucking after bugs in a barnyard. You won’t get the throwaway snotty remarks about men.

I can’t imagine doing a fast double-step jitterbug in a dirt bar in Austin with a warlike partner from Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe—you know, Little Richard shrieking Long Tall Sally, skirts flying in the twirls. A secretary is likely to think it is a hell of a good idea."

- Fred Reed

http://www.fredoneverything.net/Dowd.shtml

because they're less serious and more fun

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

i myself simply can't hit it off with a dumb woman, except for a shag or two

certain types, doesn't matter how smart and successful they are, lack self-confidence and need someone inferior or at least perceived so

some of the most successful women i shagged were very submissive in bed and liked to be dominating. like a kinky ex US diplomat lady in her 50s (with looks of a 35 y / o) who was really nuts, but i enjoyed it

Here is the risk...and that hedge-fund cat should know about risk.

You marry that chick and the relationship goes south, he loses a lot of money because chances are that the difference in income will be huge.

You marry that chick who makes almost as much as you and if the relationship goes south, he loses very little.

Although it happens a lot and is just about the norm, I cannot understand for the life of me why would someone marry someone dumber and/or far from them in income level....especially the way the court system works.

Because it is frustrating. I assume an average alpha woman is educated, run a house by herself, likes fashion despite her Focault books and had traveled enough to do not have prejudices and misconcepted ideas about other countries and cultures.
Then, after you go to the salon, have your nails done, had chosen the best (and painful) shoe of your closet and the tinniest tong to meet in a so-so restaurant a men who doesn't have a clue what is the difference between Penne and Spaguetti. Women deep inside want to be sucessfull in all subjects in their life: a good partner, a good job, good possessions.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

The problem is that we're defining a "successful woman" as a woman who does the things men do. To me, a dumb woman is someone who has basically no post-high school education and is of a low social class. The latter is probably more important. I could never date someone like that, although I would certainly hit it. An undergraduate degree is more than enough for a woman, but basically, the woman just has to be feminine. If she can be feminine and have an advanced degree, that's also fine.

I know of a woman who has a PhD from MIT but moved with her husband so that he could be a faculty member at a podunk university in Texas, while she worked some kind of administrative job. I think she just wanted to have some babies (which she did). I used to laugh at what she did, but I don't anymore.

Quote: (03-04-2011 10:19 AM)Menace Wrote:  

The problem is that we're defining a "successful woman" as a woman who does the things men do. To me, a dumb woman is someone who has basically no post-high school education and is of a low social class. The latter is probably more important. I could never date someone like that, although I would certainly hit it. An undergraduate degree is more than enough for a woman, but basically, the woman just has to be feminine. If she can be feminine and have an advanced degree, that's also fine.

I know of a woman who has a PhD from MIT but moved with her husband so that he could be a faculty member at a podunk university in Texas, while she worked some kind of administrative job. I think she just wanted to have some babies (which she did). I used to laugh at what she did, but I don't anymore.

What?! a Undergraduated degree is enough for women? Seriously, where do you live? I won't talk about feminism and stuff, just about surviving. There is no way here earn decent money in average without studing. To be feminine you have to be dumb? I disagree completely.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

setting limits of what is enough for a woman is fucking macho bullshit. feminism aside. i think merits and success have nothing to do with one's gender

Men are smart in ways women are stupid.

Women are smart in ways men are stupid.

Ma-Dukes used to say that I should want a woman who is my equal. I have come to understand that this is rubbish. A woman's hypergamy will always want something more than her status. If we're equal she'll not respect me.

Respect has nothing to do with status.

Actually, respect has a lot to do with status. Maybe not everything, but certainly a lot. Throught history, who have we respected? Those with high status. Caesar, Achilles, Hercules, Alexander the Great, Atilla, the Dynasties of B.C. China, Siddartha, George Washington...all men who have high status. All men whom history will forever remember. All men whom history will unequivocally respect.

i respect a person for their virtues not their status

some high status people (politicians, clergy, lawyers, celebs) i highly dislike and disrespect

easy becuase they can have some power over them and they think they will can control them

Quote: (03-05-2011 11:19 AM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

What?! a Undergraduated degree is enough for women? Seriously, where do you live? I won't talk about feminism and stuff, just about surviving. There is no way here earn decent money in average without studing. To be feminine you have to be dumb? I disagree completely.

Undergrad degree is sufficiently "smart" for me. Did you not read the part where I said she could have an advanced degree, as long as she was feminine? An advanced degree is any degree above undergraduate.

I talk to my friends, read the dating profiles of guys that are after my mom on PlentyofFish, watch movies and TV and all that, and I see that a lot of guys want an 'intelligent' girl.

Let me lay it out for you;

1) I prefer an intelligent girl to a stupid girl in all situations, but...

2) An intelligent girl can give just as many if not more headaches than a girl of lower intelligence.

Therefore; intelligence is one of the most overrated personality traits that men look for in women; intelligence tends to make a woman neurotic and insecure. Me? Intelligence is nice, but not be all-end-all. Give me a girl of average intelligence over a brainiac any day of the week.

if i can use 20-30% of my brain capacity to hang out with a dumb chick who is hot and bangs like a freak, then i'm all for it. i'm not looking for intellectual stimulation. i just want to get what i want out of it without having to think or be mentally exhausted.

when i want to think about the deeper shit, i hang out with my boys over drinks to debate the nfl strike, interest rates, etc. i have no problems with dumb girls who are hot and fun. it serves my needs perfectly.

I like dumb chicks cuz they're easy to beat at board games. Nothing will crush your ego more than a smart chick beating you down at Monopoly.

Dumb girls typically possess the subservient traits that dominant men look for. Of course a man would prefer an intellegent woman with those same traits, but I think some get tired of searching for both. If you get to a point where you're tired of searching.....many men would rather have a subservient woman with lower intelligence, than a intellegent woman who challenges you enough to make you feel like there's two Alphas in the house.

(I think this is more of a growing problem in American culture than many other places, so we see this more frequently here)

*If you're a female asking this same question, you probably need to understand that asserting yourself over your male counterpart is not necessary for us to respect the fact that you're intellegent.

[Image: LOS_CABALLEROS_LAS_PREFIEREN_BRUTAS.jpg]

A high earning woman wants a man of equal or greater earning power/status because women resent carrying the financial burden in relationships. They can't respect a man that they feel they are carrying, no matter how alpha in personality he is. Women want men to pay for shit. They want YOU to pay, while they pocket their own money. Remember...this isn't a question of intelligence - most men want a woman that's reasonably intelligent. They just don't want a woman that feels she's in competition with him, or "challenging" him as "strong" women like to put it.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Men look for different things in women than women look for in men.

We don't really care about accomplishments, success, power, or influence. I DO want someone reasonably intelligent that I can talk to about a variety of topics, and this goes into my filtering process for high quality women, but as for a job she could be a barista for all I care.

The things that make old men attractive to young women do NOT make old women attractive to young men. Granted, there are hot older chicks, and it helps if they buy you a Jaguar or something if that's your hustle, but fundamentally the age/power attraction dynamic that lets 50yo guys pull 20yo tail doesn't work the other way.

Them's the breaks.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings

Quote: (03-02-2011 06:35 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

A hedge fund cat breaks it down:

"Dating a less successful woman isn’t about wanting women to be dumb. It’s about wanting someone who prioritizes their life in a way that’s compatible with how you prioritize yours. I love my job, but I work all the fucking time. If I date an equally driven woman, we’re both working 18 hours days, when do we even have time to see each other? We don’t. I date a kindergarten teacher who works—f**k, I have no idea how many hours kindergarten teachers work. How many hours do you work? Really? Sh*t. Well, you’re a really driven person and you love work. But the theoretical Kindergarten teacher, she has a more flexible schedule, she’ll be able accommodate me, it’s going to be easier. Just on a literal level, it’s easier. Why don’t women do this too? Every alpha woman I know wants to be with a man who is as successful as her or more so. And coordinating that stuff is almost impossible. Why don’t they just date some beta male who works in a bookstore and will make dinner for them every night? Doesn’t every successful person—man or woman—see how that’s easier?"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41872437

That's also why some players (ahem) have girlfriends.

If you're at the office for 12-14 hours a day, most days of the week, you don't get much leisure time (outside of fucking off at the rooshv forum).

It then makes a lot of sense to have a girlfriend(s).

Quote: (03-04-2011 08:14 AM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

Here is the risk...and that hedge-fund cat should know about risk.

You marry that chick and the relationship goes south, he loses a lot of money because chances are that the difference in income will be huge.

You marry that chick who makes almost as much as you and if the relationship goes south, he loses very little.

Au contraire.

A rich chick is NOT going to continue working. She's going to get knocked up. If you want to see "traditional family values," look at how the rich actually live.

Rich chick is going to have rich lawyers for divorce. She'll have family money. She'll have leverage to help fuck over her rich ex-husband. "Daddy, please tell your friends not to do business with that mean old man."

Do any of you guys even know how the rich live? At least learn from Fitzgerald this one word - differently.

Smart men dating dumb women simply know the score; smart women tend to be neurotic, combative and give you plenty of headaches, dumb women are generally very easily amused and manipulated.

I prefer a girl of average intelligence, and think it's wack when I hear some guy who never gets any pussy pining that he wants a 'smart' girl.