rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

donotlink - link without improving "their" search engine position

http://www.donotlink.com/

This site allows you to link to sites/pages/blogs in such a way as to prevent the linked site from improving their search engine position. The higher the search ranking, the more ad revenue they rake in per click.

So when it's necessary to link to an offensive site or feminist article, use donotlink.com to starve them just a little bit. Without a doubt, they are doing it to us already.

Awesome:

Quote:Quote:

How does this prevent search engines from crawling the website?

Donotlink routes links to questionable sites through a unique intermediate url that forwards the visitor to the destination through javascript.

This url is blocked in our robots.txt file, so (search engine) robots are discouraged from crawling it.

The "nofollow" attribute of the link and the intermediate page give robots another reminder to not crawl the link.

If a known robot does decide to crawl the link, our code will identify it and serve it a blank page (403 Forbidden) instead of redirecting to the url.

But we don't stop there. We are continually improving our algorithms ā€” a clever combination of blacklists and bayesian inference ā€” that identify crawlers and bots, so even search engines and scrapers that don't play by any rules will get caught out.

Usually a newbie post with a link sets off some major troll alarms.

Not in this case though. I'll definitely be doing my part and using this. Good catch.

Uā€‹ of Roosh Class of 2420

Of course the feminists have been using DoNotLink already; it was specifically created for them. The site touts itself as a way to link to "racist" or "misogynistic" websites without giving them any Google juice. Fat Fuck Futrelle is one of the site's biggest users, IIRC.

The joke's on them: the tech this site uses was already available through basic HTML. By using the rel="no follow" attribute in a link, you avoid passing any SEO boosts to the page you're linking. Bunch of tards.

I first read Roosh in 2007, but was never inclined to post until recently.

I've been busy.

This tool is silly. It's like trying to stick your tongue out at an internet site, which STILL gets the page view and most importantly, the visitor.