rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Selfies are about to get worse - introducing the "selfie stick"

It looks like that selfies will be moving out of the bathroom and into everyday life. People are buying a stick tripod in order to take selfies everywhere. We are approaching narcissistic end-times.

[Image: 640x480xLooq-Extended-Selfie-Arm-with-Au...tqul47.jpg]

[Image: selfiestick.jpg?a9d4bc]

[Image: selfie%20stick%202.JPG]

[Image: 0.jpg]

[Image: selfie%20stick.JPG]

There is also a poor-man variant using a dust pan:

[Image: selmain.jpg]

Jenna Marbles was using one recently (4 seconds in):

It's an increasingly popular product on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CKPC...9298470-20

This may be a business opportunity. Profit from the decline, I say.

[Image: facepalm2.gif]

Are people truly this delusional to think their lives are that interesting?

[Image: Asian+Girl+Taking+a+Selfie+with+iPad+in+feet.jpg]

^^

I get girls to try do this but while they play with themselves.

That's a real selfie.

You may be wondering "Why don't they just ask someone to take a picture of them?" Two reasons why:

1. That would require communication with a stranger. The situation could get creepy/awkward/weird/uncomfortable.

2. The stranger would only take one picture. A selfie stick allows you to take an infinite amount so you can pick the best photo for your facebook/tinder that actually looks very little like you on a normal day.

Despite the sign of the narcissistic end-times (or perhaps BECAUSE of them), whomever patented those things will be receiving some $$$. I'll admire that for what it is...

If I see something like that, I would consider walking into their "selfie stick", knocking their phone down. If enough people do this, it might not catch on.

Quote: (07-15-2014 06:18 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

[Image: tumblr_lyjf629eRW1r9unx4o1_400.gif]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (07-15-2014 06:21 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

Are people truly this delusional to think their lives are that interesting?

Most people are easily-amused.

I've yet to meet a girl who didn't she was as a unique, amazing individual, whilst not having an original thought in her head, or having anything interesting or noteworthy about their lives.

"Please, tell me more about your government middle-management job. It's both unusual and fascinating to me." Said no man, ever.

[Image: 640x480xLooq-Extended-Selfie-Arm-with-Au...tqul47.jpg]

They know their target audience. The SJW-dream rainbow diverse circle of friends, to make them feel all Not Racist ™ and Good Person ™. Meanwhile, I just note that the white chick is front and centre.

She is the sun around whom everyone else orbits.

Also note the creepy, fake millennial smiles (horizontal, both rows of teeth showing, raised eyebrows).

one of the silliest inventions I seen thus far

would not be surprised at all if it becomes a successful product

Quote: (07-15-2014 06:35 PM)AnonymousBosch Wrote:  

"Please, tell me more about your government middle-management job. It's both unusual and fascinating to me." Said no man, ever.

Correction: said no RVF member ever. Most guys I know have this in their go-to arsenal of conversation.

Quote: (07-15-2014 06:30 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

[Image: tumblr_lyjf629eRW1r9unx4o1_400.gif]

Have the same idea....[Image: banana.gif]

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

New opening line:

"Hey, I really need a selfie. Do you know where is the nearest selfie stick shop?"

[Image: attachment.jpg19711]   

Reminds me of this...

[Image: attachment.jpg19712]   

Overall, I agree with everyone above me, this is kind of stupid. On the contrary, think about the interesting videos you can take with that. Hopefully, someone will put that invention to good use instead of taking useless selfies.

I saw this in action in NYC about a month ago. It's even more ridiculous in practice than in concept.

I looks stupid because you can see the damn stick in the photo. how is that better than seeing my fucking arm?

I suppose you can fix "more" in the photo...hahahaha.. wow, this is just.... I feel dumber for even talking about it.

p.s who wants to carry around a fucking stick all day long for selfies?

"Meanwhile, I just note that the white chick is front and centre.

She is the sun around whom everyone else orbits."

That reminded me of this memorable discussion:
http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/014868.html

[Image: facepalm.png]

Take care of those titties for me.

I, for one, thing this is a good idea.

This will allow chicks to altogether avoid having to talk to "creepy guys" to ask them to actually take a much better picture of them and their attention-whoring platoon.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Any man carrying a selfie stick will be considered suspicious and creepy due to the telescoping up-skirt shooting ability. Or gay.

Quote: (07-15-2014 06:22 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

[Image: Asian+Girl+Taking+a+Selfie+with+iPad+in+feet.jpg]

^^

I get girls to try do this but while they play with themselves.

That's a real selfie.

This gives me a brilliant idea. Imagine a self-stick, but on a raised foot attachment. You can actually make it look like you're not holding the camera at all. And it doesn't require asian-gymnist flexibility.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

I saw one of these for the first time ever a few months ago. There were about 20 Indians using one at Hearst Castle.

Asians seem to love photographing themselves and this was way before smartphones. I've noticed that a lot of FOB Asian women have their own photo as a background on their laptops and smartphones.

I find it incredibly strange how the average person seems to be endlessly fascinated by taking pictures of themselves. It's literally like watching a monkey discovering its own reflection in a mirror over and over.

"Holy shit...I EXIST! There is me! This is amazing! I am so fucking awesome! Woohoo!" *flings its own shit everywhere*

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

I don't see this really catching on with white bitches. They'll feel that this looks weird and/or retarded. It's actually a very male/geeky idea -- just invent a gadget that solves the mechanical problem.

Asians might like it just fine because they have the gadget gene -- it doesn't surprise me to see a lot of Asians in the demos. But without the stamp of approval of the White Woman -- the most revered creature that has yet walked the earth -- it will never be a true A-list product.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...