rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tokyo Datasheet and a Basic Guide to Japanese Girls

A little about me: In my 30s and from the US. Moved to Japan a few years ago. Didn’t speak any Japanese at that time. Only knew a Japanese girl I had met and dated in the US. Here are some observations and suggestions from my time in Tokyo so far:

Speaking Japanese
Can’t emphasize how important this is, not only for swooping girls but just traveling around Japan in general. Even in Tokyo, there’s not many people who speak English. Japanese people do learn some English in junior high/high school, but they’re generally very shy/ashamed about engaging in conversation. When you do speak English, do….it….very….slowly…..like….this. Otherwise, try to learn as much Japanese as you can before you come. Being able to engage in basic conversation and knowing a few phrases goes a long way.

Getting into Tokyo
You’ve got two options, Narita or Haneda airport. Haneda is a little closer, but not significantly so. Make sure you get a Japan Rail (JR) Pass if you have a tourist visa. Especially if you travel outside of Tokyo at all, it will save you a lot of money. This article is really on point about what you should do. http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/06/travel...index.html

Living/Staying in Tokyo
Tokyo is an enormous metropolis consisting of a lot of major “cities” which include Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ueno, Ikebukuro, etc. Definitely check craigslist, airbnb, couch surfing, etc to see what kind of deals you can get, but $500-$700/month should get you a basic, small place with decent logistics. You can get cheaper, even in the $300-$400 range, but that will push you into the neighboring prefectures of Chiba, Saitama, and Kanagawa. My previous place was $400 and technically inside Tokyo, but it was a 33 minute super express train into Shinjuku. I personally wouldn’t go for hostels and share houses, but those are cheaper options as well that will put you in the heart of Tokyo. Check out rental agencies like this to get an idea of what’s out there. http://www.tokyocityapartments.net/

Getting Around in Tokyo
The train/subway system is absolutely enormous, so at least familiarize yourself with the Yamanote Line. It’s a circular line that hits virtually all the major spots in Tokyo. As public transportation is so expansive, everything is about door-to-door time here. How close you live to the nearest station, transfers you have to make, etc. Most places are accessible in around 30 minutes to 1 hour within Tokyo. Actually, a great way to get around is biking, as Tokyo is really flat. That’s all I do now, and definitely recommend it.

About Japanese Girls
Here’s the best analogy I can make about what’s it like in Tokyo:
You are at a huge car dealership. Most of the cars on the lot are in good condition. There's a large supply of used cars, like Toyotas and Hondas, but again, they are generally in very good shape. You are allowed to drive almost any of these used cars. If you want, you can drive several of them at a time. There’s also quite a few Lamborghinis and Ferraris at the lot as well, but these are much tougher to get to drive. Only select guys get the luxury cars.

This is Tokyo in a nutshell: There’s a TON of cute girls here. Everywhere you go, all the time. There’s a surplus of 6s and 7s in their 30s and 40s who are getting no love from Japanese guys, and probably haven’t been banged out in years. It’s surreal, but a really cute girl here who’d attract a flock of thirsty orbiters in the US or UK goes months without any male attention.

Bodies
Japanese girls have great bodies. True, you won’t see many Brazilian badonkadonks or DDs, but don’t get it twisted, there’s plenty of J-girls with ample tits and ass. Think of all the chicks in the US, UK, Oz who could be 6s or 7s if they lost some weight. In Japan, that’s a reality.

Many girls live at home
It’s common for a J-girl to live at home with her parents unless/until she gets married, even if she is older and makes decent money. There are lots who live alone as well, but their families are generally not from the Tokyo/Kanto area.

Teeth
Unfortunately the stereotype is true. A lot of J-girls with banging bodies and pretty faces have awful teeth. Like she’ll open her mouth and go down from an 8 to a 6, it’s depressing how many times I’ve experienced this. Honestly, my standards/expectations have been lowered a lot since I’ve been here, so now I don’t mind an overbite or teeth that aren’t great, as long as they aren’t distractingly bad.

Hygiene
For the most part, J-girls are very hygienic, almost to an extreme. For example, a girl who I’ve been banging in the daytime always takes a shower after sex, so that’s 2 showers while we hang out. But she also showers every morning and night as well. 4 showers in one day! Really one of the great parts of Japanese culture in general is the cleanliness.

Flakey
You’ll collect a lot of numbers/emails that go nowhere. Girls will respond haphazardly and go silent when you think things are going well. Just embrace the funnel approach and try to set up dates.

A couple common misconceptions about Japan and Japanese girls

1. Japan is not a pussy paradise.
Yes, there are a ton of good-looking, available girls here, especially in Tokyo. But they won't just date anyone. I’ve seen a lot of herbly white guys with Japanese girlfriends, and universally, those chicks have all been old and busted looking. Basically the same level girl they would expect to get back in the US, UK or wherever. In the same respect, I have seen white guys with fly J-girls on their arms, and those guys have all been good-looking, well-dressed dudes. Don’t expect to come here and date 8s and 9s without putting in some serious work first. As I see it, being white is basically a wash in Tokyo. Sure, there are some girls (especially those who have traveled/lived abroad) who are more inclined to fuck with you, but also some who exclusively date Japanese guys. Really, it just boils down to your looks, style and Japanese ability. The higher in each category, the higher J-girl quality you’ll be able to pull. Things might be different in more rural areas, but I don’t have the experience to have an opinion one way or the other.

2. Not all Japanese girls are easy.
Many J-girls are down to fuck within a short time of meeting you. I have gone on numerous coffee dates, invited a girl to my place the next time for dinner, and been humping within 15 minutes of her entering my apartment. But there’s also been several girls who I thought I had built solid comfort with, only to have them reject a following kiss attempt in private. It’s far from an exact science, but I would say you can gauge a J-girls WTF by her receptivity to handholding. If she enthusiastically holds your hold and lets you lead, then you are probably good to go. Remember, PDA in the forms of hugging and kissing are rare and frowned upon in Japanese culture, so some kino with hands and/or touching her waist is your best guide to how much she is feeling you at the moment.

Where to Meet Japanese Girls

I haven’t put much effort into this area, but a guy with a good profile and command of Japanese could do pretty well here. I’ve gotten a few bangs out of OKC and Skout, actually keep an eye out for Filipino girls (many in Tokyo) who are definitely DTF.

International Parties
http://www.tokyoparty.org/party.php?lang...pongiparty
The quality is so-so at most of these events and the chode ratio tends to be high, but the girls who come are generally looking (or at least curious) for some foreign D. These tend to run from $10-$30 from around 7-10pm, with the more expensive ones offering all-you-can-drink during the whole time (this is common in a lot of Japanese events). I’d say this is a good way to catch a buzz and get the evening started, and try and find some girls and/or wingmen to segue into clubbing when the event finishes. Make sure you arrive early though. They get crowded quick and the drink line takes forever.

Meetups
http://www.meetup.com/cities/jp/tokyo/
I haven’t done many of these, but language exchange is always a good way to meet J-girls. A lot of Japanese people want to practice English, but don’t get much opportunity if they don’t go to a school, so meetups are attractive to them for this reason. You can scout the girls attending beforehand (typically pretty mediocre), so comb through the events and you might find some that are promising.

Clubbing
There are lots of foreigner-friendly clubs clustered in the Roppongi/Shibuya area. Roppongi definitely attracts slutty, foreign-cock worshipping girls. You'll still have to put in the work, but in general girls here should be more open to you. I've actually had pretty good success picking up non J-girls at clubs. They might be your best bet, especially if you're only here for a short time. On average, J-girls are terrible dancers. No confidence and really stiff. If you have decent rhythm and fun-guy vibe, it's a big DHV. The Nigerian touts are relentless in Roppongi, especially if you are out alone. Predatory if/when you are stumbling around drunk. Be careful. Trains stop running around 12-1, and start again around 5am. And cabs get real expensive after 10pm, so plan your logistics/schedule accordingly.

Speed Dating
http://www.exeo-international.com/
A ridiculously easy source of bangs. Should be at least a few 6-7s, especially at larger events. Occasionally an 8, but not often. This is what we call a Buyer's Market. Girls pay $50 and guys come for free! Seriously. So girls here are motivated, for sure. Competition is super weak. There might be a few other decent-looking guys, but mostly just hapless chumps. If you are smooth and well-dressed, you'll definitely stand out. Really good for getting dates and building a harem. Though you only "pair" with one girl at the end of the evening, I usually come away with at least 2-3 emails/phone numbers. In fact, most of the girls I've banged from this event were ones who I didn't pair with. It’s also a good way to practice your Japanese with the WNB chicks. And if you don't speak Japanese, a lot of the girls do speak some English. The downside is that there’s rarely more than 15-25% of WB chicks. There have been a couple smaller events I’ve attended where there have been none. In the free talk rounds there will be a lot of thirsty dudes trying to get at the same girls. Not the place to find a young hottie. There are attractive girls, but they generally are pushing 35-40. You will walk outside and within a couple minutes see 10 chicks hotter than at the event. Overall though, if you want to get your dick wet with a cute J-girl, this is a pretty good bet.

Day Game
This is the holy grail for finding a dimepiece, especially if you don’t have any work/social circle connections. It's almost overwhelming how many fine girls there will be in a concentrated area. Ginza and Shibuya among others have some unbelievable talent. Unlike in the US where any decent looking girl where will be glued to her phone/surrounded by orbiters, J-girls are often walking/shopping alone. Day gaming definitely has the highest degree of difficulty, especially if your Japanese is not strong. Generally the best way to go is super indirect, asking for directions or something like that. J-girls are not used to random foreign guys talking to them on the street, especially in English. I’d recommend hitting up a shopping mall like Marui or Lumine and putting in some work there.

Going on Dates with Japanese Girls
Comfort is everything with J-girls. If you are stylish and look good, I don’t think you have to worry so much about witty banter and attraction - it will be already established somewhat with your foreign cachet. So just running some standard comfort game, speaking English slowly and getting them to open up is what you need to focus on. I always use the same venues: walk in the park, cafe, tapas bar near my place.

My Recommendations for Guys Considering/Planning on Visiting Tokyo

Short term guys:
Study Japanese. A few phrases will go a long way. Pimsleur tapes got me started.
Make sure your logistics are solid. Your own place is ideal, but at the least have a private room.

Pipeline. Get an okcupid, skout account, whatever else there is. Set up some day dates to get coffee, have her show you around, practice English and Japanese, etc.

When you're here during the daytime, daygame as much as you can. Shibuya crossing, Yoyogi park, shopping malls, etc. Collect numbers, I-dates, later meetups. At nighttime, if you find some cool meetups/groups join them to get the night started. Hit up Roppongi, Ikebukuro, wherever. Even if you don't succeed with SNL get numbers and set up dates for the following days.

Long term guys
Try to get to at least intermediate Japanese level and 150-200 kanji before you come to Japan. Trust me, from personal experience it sucks moving here with no Japanese ability

If your job situation doesn't provide housing and/or is flexible/unsettled, get a modest place for 3-6 months. You'll need some time to figure out Tokyo and which parts suit you best. Even when you find a place, it can take up to a month or longer to finally move in there.

Great datasheet.

Mostly accurate in my experience except one thing:

Quote: (07-11-2014 02:54 AM)Flyjin Wrote:  

Clubbing
There are lots of foreigner-friendly clubs clustered in the Roppongi/Shibuya area. Roppongi definitely attracts slutty, foreign-cock worshipping girls. You'll still have to put in the work, but in general girls here should be more open to you.

This used to be true, but not anymore. Roppongi has gone massively downhill in the last 2 years.

PM me for accommodation options in Bangkok.

Great data sheet but you omitted social circle game. If you are here longer than 3 months or so, I suggest using your business connections, merchants in your neighborhood, your local watering holes, and your hobby or pastime groups (cycling, hashing, hiking...whatever you're into) and start working on building up a network of casual acquaintances. If you organize a party at your abode or rent out a bar for a private party (not as expensive as it sounds since everyone will have to pay for their own nomihodai), always ask the girls you invite to bring their friends. In this way, you can have social circle and day/night/online game going at the same time, which gives you more options and opportunities.

Sorry, and I should have added...welcome to Roosh V forum! Your experiences are very valuable for all of us and much appreciated.

Living/Staying in Tokyo
Tokyo is an enormous metropolis consisting of a lot of major “cities” which include Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ueno, Ikebukuro, etc. Definitely check craigslist, airbnb, couch surfing, etc to see what kind of deals you can get, but $500-$700/month should get you a basic, small place with decent logistics.

Where is this 1 bedroom/studio $700 apartment?

I'm intrigued.

WIA

Can you explain how it went downhill? It use to be so legit for finding J-girls if you are a foreigner so I can't imagine what happened unless the police/govt shut down half the clubs or the 2% of J-girls who are determined to find a foreigner suddenly decided they only want local guys.

Quote: (07-11-2014 03:06 AM)dreambig Wrote:  

Great datasheet.

This used to be true, but not anymore. Roppongi has gone massively downhill in the last 2 years.

Great datasheet.

Clubbing
There are lots of foreigner-friendly clubs clustered in the Roppongi/Shibuya area. Roppongi definitely attracts slutty, foreign-cock worshipping girls. You'll still have to put in the work, but in general girls here should be more open to you.

What is Roppongi like now? I was in Japan in 2008 and there was some decent places and a few shittier places like Gaspanic.

Do they still have tons of Nigerians standing out front of a lot of the clubs and massage places?

Quote: (07-11-2014 12:05 PM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

Can you explain how it went downhill? It use to be so legit for finding J-girls if you are a foreigner so I can't imagine what happened unless the police/govt shut down half the clubs or the 2% of J-girls who are determined to find a foreigner suddenly decided they only want local guys.

Great datasheet.

1. The police have a boner for clubs in Roppongi. They close another one seemingly every week. The clubs do reopen but they are rarely the same as before.
2. Roppongi is no longer for foreigners. 9 years ago we would almost laugh at Japanese guys in Roppongi clubs - "Why isn't he in Shibuya? He must be new to Tokyo!" Roppongi was where girls went to meet gaijin. But now, most of the guys pulling in Roppongi clubs are Japanese. Times change and it's fucking annoying because it's hard to filter which girls are which.
3. Ratios are much worse than they used to be. Related to point number 1, clubbing isn't seen as cool anymore. The girls who do go tend to be hostesses, regulars or complete attention whores. Far less of the wide-eyed girls from the countryside who are new to clubs.

Quote: (07-11-2014 02:17 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

Great datasheet.

Clubbing

What is Roppongi like now? I was in Japan in 2008 and there was some decent places and a few shittier places like Gaspanic.

Do they still have tons of Nigerians standing out front of a lot of the clubs and massage places?

Gas Panic used to be a great club! It was infamous for the easiness of pulling for foreigners. I knew guys that took girls home in under 5 minutes. Now you barely see a white dude in there.

Yes. The Nigerians are still here.

Quote: (07-11-2014 11:38 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Living/Staying in Tokyo
Tokyo is an enormous metropolis consisting of a lot of major “cities” which include Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ueno, Ikebukuro, etc. Definitely check craigslist, airbnb, couch surfing, etc to see what kind of deals you can get, but $500-$700/month should get you a basic, small place with decent logistics.

Where is this 1 bedroom/studio $700 apartment?

I'm intrigued. That's cheaper than most of NYC, including the hood.

WIA

WIA

http://www.tokyocityapartments.net/apart...ku/Pier-I/

Studios like this one in Nakano (about 10 minutes from Shinjuku) are pretty easy to find, plus it only requires a month deposit. They are pretty bare bones, but come equipped with the basics and are ideal for short-term travelers. Not bad at all for $650-$900 range.

Also check out this site for similar type places
http://www.sakura-house.com/en

If you want a dope spot in Tokyo, you'll need to pay serious key money (non-refundable) up front. Especially as a foreigner with limited Japanese. In my case, I have a nice place now that runs $1100, and it cost me over $5000 to move in.

Quote: (07-12-2014 07:37 AM)Flyjin Wrote:  

In my case, I have a nice place now that runs $1100, and it cost me over $5000 to move in.

Yeah that's about what you will pay for a decent studio, long-term rental in a good spot. You will pay about $1600 per month for a 1-bedroom in Shibuya, plus all those move-in costs. And then you'll have to furnish it.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

WIA, like Flyjin I pay around $1k/month for a small place that is centrally located. The cool thing about Tokyo is you can live pretty much anywhere you want, if you are cool with a small place that is! Forget about trying that in London or NYC. Also cost me $5k to move in - the initial costs are the main cockblock in Tokyo if you want a "real" apartment.

Those cheaper places for foreigners are OK for a few months but they get old very quickly. I'm not a fan of dorm-style living anymore where you have to share a bathroom and kitchen. Plus, they are mostly in old buildings that will be precarious indeed when the Big Kanto Earthquake hits. Sometimes it is worth paying a bit more for peace of mind.

How do Nigerian "touts" get to even stay in Japan.?
I would have thought Japanese authorities would have deported them pronto?
Who employs them!

nice sheet bro!

Quote: (07-12-2014 12:21 PM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

Who employs them!

They marry Japanese girls.

Gaspanic, was good to meet girls that wanted to meet gaijins but it was always so fucking crowded inside. I'm talking about the one that was upstairs, since I think there were two Gaspanic locations.

Probably the best place to meet girls is, or at least was on the streets around the clubbing areas.

Nicest place I went to as far as quality of the club and quality of girls was Alife.

Quote: (07-12-2014 04:14 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

Who employs them!

They marry Japanese girls.

Gaspanic, was good to meet girls that wanted to meet gaijins but it was always so fucking crowded inside. I'm talking about the one that was upstairs, since I think there were two Gaspanic locations.

Probably the best place to meet girls is, or at least was on the streets around the clubbing areas.

Nicest place I went to as far as quality of the club and quality of girls was Alife.

This exactly. Unlike Nigel, however, their love for chubster J-girls is not totally pure.
http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2014/01/29/...kabukicho/

Quote:Quote:

Marriage to a Japanese national is a key element to the crimes. The tabloid claims that African men prefer chubby women — for whom finding a partner in Japan can be difficult — and target that body type for marriage and the acquisition of a spousal visa.

After that, African men are able to engage in a “department store of crimes,” says freelance writer Taizo Ebina.

It's difficult to explain, but in Japan there is a lot of discrimination against foreigners, yet at the same time they get a free pass on many things as well. Your "Gaijin card" never expires here.

Who employs them!

Make no mistake, they are in with the Yakuza who pay off the police to keep things running. The Nigerians do the dirty work for the Yaks.

redacted

Quote: (07-12-2014 10:39 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

I've been to Japan, what does the article mean by chubby women?

Some of the chicks I met at the various reggae and hip hop clubs weren't chubby at all. I remember one dancehall queen with a baggy g string, lol.

WIA

I guess chubby would be chubby, thick or fat but not land-whale...you'll rarely see them as you know. Unless it's an obese tranny on daytime TV.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

I didn't realize some of the Japanese girls had quite big boobies!
Is that confirmed on the Tokyo streets or few and far between?

Quote: (07-12-2014 01:41 AM)dreambig Wrote:  

Quote: (07-11-2014 12:05 PM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

Great datasheet.

3. Ratios are much worse than they used to be. Related to point number 1, clubbing isn't seen as cool anymore. The girls who do go tend to be hostesses, regulars or complete attention whores. Far less of the wide-eyed girls from the countryside who are new to clubs.

Yes, it seems like dance clubbing isn't as popular now with girls as it was in the 90s. I don't know what they do on the weekends now besides meeting their friends at coffee shops or cheap izakayas.

The Nigerians in Roppongi drive me up the wall. You can't even just stand on the street anymore without three or four of them hassling you non-stop to go to their stupid bars. The police don't seem to do anything to them.

These facts sadden me deeply. I am am sure there are many alternatives to the clubbing scene when it comes to gaming.

The Nigerian population is something I haven't been aware of. What kind of bars are they hosting/own?

Living/Staying in Tokyo
Tokyo is an enormous metropolis consisting of a lot of major “cities” which include Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ueno, Ikebukuro, etc. Definitely check craigslist, airbnb, couch surfing, etc to see what kind of deals you can get, but $500-$700/month should get you a basic, small place with decent logistics. You can get cheaper, even in the $300-$400 range, but that will push you into the neighboring prefectures of Chiba, Saitama, and Kanagawa. My previous place was $400 and technically inside Tokyo, but it was a 33 minute super express train into Shinjuku. I personally wouldn’t go for hostels and share houses, but those are cheaper options as well that will put you in the heart of Tokyo. Check out rental agencies like this to get an idea of what’s out there. http://www.tokyocityapartments.net/

Wow! 700$ Thats as much as I pay for half an apartment here.

Great write up, very helpful. See you in the spring time [Image: smile.gif][Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (09-07-2014 10:15 PM)GoldenGod Wrote:  

These facts sadden me deeply. I am am sure there are many alternatives to the clubbing scene when it comes to gaming.

The Nigerian population is something I haven't been aware of. What kind of bars are they hosting/own?

Bars where you will be drugged and robbed. Never, under any circumstances, follow a Nigerian to his place in Roppongi or Shinjuku.

Several of my friends made the mistake of going when drunk and woke up in a gutter at 10am with no money and their credit cards maxed out.

Quote: (09-07-2014 11:25 PM)dreambig Wrote:  

Quote: (09-07-2014 10:15 PM)GoldenGod Wrote:  

Bars where you will be drugged and robbed. Never, under any circumstances, follow a Nigerian to his place in Roppongi or Shinjuku.

Several of my friends made the mistake of going when drunk and woke up in a gutter at 10am with no money and their credit cards maxed out.

They operate all different kinds of bars: shot bars (western style bars), hostess bars, and strip clubs. One of the biggest strip clubs in Roppongi- 7th Heaven, is Nigerian owned. Somehow it stays open even though it is notorious for drugging and robbing its patrons.