rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Hollywood Screenwriter Dale Launer Tried to Help Elliot Rodger

I don't mean to open an old wound, but I found this interesting and didn't want to restart the old thread on the subject.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28197785

In Elliot's manifesto he mentions an older screenwriter trying to help him. That guy just published an article on it.

Quote:Quote:

I remember giving him an assignment once so he could try to establish some kind of dynamic with a woman.

I told him, "When you see a woman next time you're on campus and you like her hair or sunglasses, just pay her a compliment."

I told him, "It's a freebie, something in passing, you're not trying to make conversation. Keep walking, don't make any long eye contact, just give the free compliment." The idea being you might make a friend if you make someone feel good.

I said to Elliot, "In the next few weeks - if you see them they'll likely give you a smile - and you can smile back and eventually turn this into chit-chat."

I got in touch with him a few weeks later and asked if he did it. He said "no". And when asked why not, he said "Why do I have to compliment them? Why don't they compliment me?"

At that stage, I realised he was very troubled.

This further confirms was a self-defeating loser Elliot was. He had a mentor who gave him a classic newbie game drill and couldn't bother to execute it due to his ego.

It's a sad read. The writer did what a lot of us would do in the same situation, but didn't realize he was dealing with a person of the lie.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

True that. The compliment-something-she's-wearing is a fast, easy and surprisingly effective opener.

I've gotten a lot of female attention with it. It immediately establishes you as brazen yet positive, fun guy.

I remember dancing, making out and getting a date with a brazilian 9.5 with "I like your earrings." And that was when I was very new to game.

"Why should I approach women when they should approach me?"

Women (generally) have sexual choices. Men (generally) don't. It's kind of wired into society that women get approached by men. Anyone who believes otherwise is deluding himself.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

So confirmed... he didn't even do a single approach.

Quote: (07-10-2014 09:53 AM)Alan Partridge Wrote:  

True that. The compliment-something-she's-wearing is a fast, easy and surprisingly effective opener.

I've gotten a lot of female attention with it. It immediately establishes you as brazen yet positive, fun guy.

I remember dancing, making out and getting a date with a brazilian 9.5 with "I like your earrings." And that was when I was very new to game.

Indeed it is, especially in foreign countries. Many of the girls I've banged I opened with a simple compliment.

I won't lie the whole mentality of, "She should be approaching me!" is something I've been trying to create. However, Elliot had zero hobbies, a toxic attitude, and a poor outlook on life.

He needed boot camp or some sort of military guidance. Someone to break him down and rebuild him.

Quote: (07-10-2014 09:53 AM)Alan Partridge Wrote:  

Amen to that. I remember reading some rule of direct opening where if you pay a compliment, always make it about an accessory. You're complimenting her taste, not her looks. I wouldn't call it a rule but absolutely, if you can observe something about her and use that to open, it works great.

Also a great warmup. I've complimented the earrings on some nondescript DMV clerk. In truth, they were cool, but that kind of thing gets you thinking about being observant and puts a positive mood out there.

I'm naturally an introvert, so "open with a compliment about an accessory" is pretty much my only move, and if it did not exist, I'd have a lot of problems. "I like your bracelet" followed by touching their arm or hand is my Dream Shake.

This just goes to show you that Narcissism is one of the biggest road blocks to building better game. Sometimes you just have to submit and recognise that everything is not about how you want it. Sometimes it is just the way it is.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Wow. That is a interesting story. Sounds like the genuinely needed some form of strong psycho therapy.

The kid was obviously gay, imo.

Quote: (07-10-2014 11:13 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

I won't lie the whole mentality of, "She should be approaching me!" is something I've been trying to create. However, Elliot had zero hobbies, a toxic attitude, and a poor outlook on life.

He needed boot camp or some sort of military guidance. Someone to break him down and rebuild him.

Quote: (07-12-2014 12:48 PM)Tytalus Wrote:  

Wow. That is a interesting story. Sounds like the genuinely needed some form of strong psycho therapy.

What he needed was for someone to throw his ass off the top of a building.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Eh, I think his best line would have been "want to go for a ride in my BMW?" for the sbcc and ucsb and isla vista women. but working up to that with a simple compliment would have been fine. But he was not even trying any of this, he never gave any of these women a chance.

Quote: (07-12-2014 01:19 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

The kid was obviously gay, imo.

more like a narcissist but pretty much all males who seek out sexual debauchery with other vile fags are narcissists by trade so you make a valid point

Quote: (07-10-2014 11:13 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

Key word: mentality. You're developing a belief, but you're also living in the reality that men approach women.

You should be such an awesome fucking guy that she would be able to approach you. However, societal rules are such that men have to approach women. It's an unfortunate truth, but something you have to deal with.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.