rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

7 tips to boost your sex drive
tips to boost your sex drive
1. Lift weights

I lift 2-4x week.

Each session I do basically the same thing:

- squats
- weighted pull ups
- rows
- bench press
- overhead press
- hanging leg raises
- Deadlifts (only 1x week)

Without a doubt the squats have the biggest impact on testosterone release. There's absolutely nothing like the morning after a heavy squat day.

2. Zinc + Copper

I buy a brand from Jarrow called Zinc balance, which has zinc and copper in the proper 15:1 ratio.

I take from 30-60mgs a day. I've noticed much bigger, flying loads and generally better well being.

3. Magnesium oil

This stuff doesn't get enough credit. It's fantastic.

Most people are magnesium deficient. And that's no good because Mg levels are correlated with testosterone levels.

I rub Mg oil all over my body about an hour before bed (especially the bottom of the feet where its most readily absorbed), and then I take a quick shower right before bed to wash it off. (It itches a bit)

Then I sleep like a fuckin' rock. It's uncanny.

And every night I have strong wood (even if I've had sex a few times) and in the morning I'm rock hard too. I haven't felt this good in years.

4. Vitamin D + K2

I use Michael's brand and take between 15,000 and 20,000 IUs a day. I spend way too little time outside so this is my way of compensating for lack of sun at the moment.

Vitamin D has a noticeable impact on you overall feeling of well being and is also correlated with testosterone levels.

It's probably the most important supplement you can take. It affects everything: immunity, energy levels, sleep, and much more.

5. Cut back alcohol

When I feel this good I really don't even want to drink. But when I do drink, I stick with vodka + soda +lime instead of beer. Beer contains maltose, one of the most insulin spiking sugars there is.

And spiking insulin drops testosterone on the spot by something like 30%. Now I drink 1-3 times a week, moderately. If that. I'd rather get an extra hour of work in or go to an extra BJJ class.

6. Make more money

There's been research done on pit traders that shows how their brains light up when they make a bunch of money at once. It's similar to the chemical cascade that gets released when you shoot heroin.

The last couple of months I've worked very very hard and I'm not ashamed to admit that seeing a fat payment come in or watching my Paypal account grow makes my dick hard.

In fact, if you take out all the other factors, I've noticed that when I didn't have much money, I didn't give a shit about sex at all. All I cared about was getting paid.

Then when I got paid, I got horny. Maybe it's a primal script that says "you now have resources: go mate!" Who the hell knows.

7. Saying no to cortisol

Cortisol is the 'stress hormone', very broadly speaking.

I've always had a choleric temperament. I'm not particularly easy going. I get angry and annoyed easily. People's stupidity pisses me off more than it should.

People bumping into me because they're looking at their iPhones instead of where they're walking makes me want to beat the fuck out of them.

All of this stress is directly antagonistic to testosterone. Coritsol inhibits testosterone!

So now when I feel myself getting steamed, I simply ask myself "do you want to drop your testosterone by getting angry?" and that almost always does the trick.

I feel like telling myself I shouldn't be angry just makes me angrier. But reminding myself that getting angry is going to make me less of a man immediately helps me calm down and let go.

This is a great example of using your own egotistical tendencies for your ultimate benefit!

It's hard to isolate any one of these factors as the most impactful. I think it's a synergy.

What I can say for certain is that my sex drive has gone up dramatically. I'm walking around with a hard on half the day and I'm good to go 3x a night and once in the morning.

Now if I could only get to sleep earlier and wake up earlier and spend a little more time in nature, then I'd really be rocking out.

Keep pushing forward fellas!
This is all solid advice, as much of the advice you give around here is.

I have been getting a upset stomach when I take my Vitamin D3 supplements. Its usually like a stomach cramping and it last for a few days even when I stop taking it. Its the Nature Made 1000iu pills and I usually take 4 or 5 of them. It may just be this particular brand. I don't remember the trader joes brand making me feel this way.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin
Quote: (07-03-2014 12:30 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

This is all solid advice, as much of the advice you give around here is.

I have been getting a upset stomach when I take my Vitamin D3 supplements. Its usually like a stomach cramping and it last for a few days even when I stop taking it. Its the Nature Made 1000iu pills and I usually take 4 or 5 of them. It may just be this particular brand. I don't remember the trader joes brand making me feel this way.

That's weird.

Try the Michael's D3 + K2. These are sublingual tabs at 5000IU each and taste like apricot. Zero stomach issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Michaels-Naturopat...aels+d3+k2

I usually take a swig of coconut oil before putting a few of these under my tongue. D3 is fat soluble so presumably it helps absorption a bit.
Vincent, where do you buy your Magnesium oil from?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
Working out + Zinc is an amazing combo. Not only does it make you incredibly horny, but it also gives you great clarity of mind.

Although I haven't experimented with them yet, I'm a million percent sure somebody is going to drop that beets are the way to go. They're on my shopping list.
These are all generally excellent tips.

But taking that much D is overkill. At 15,000 - 20,000 IU a day you are getting close to the point where you might be at risk of Vitamin D toxicity. I really see no evidence that you need more than 2,000 IU a day. 5,000 tops and that's pushing it.

Instead get some consistent midday sun during the summer and produce depots of natural D that will last you through the year.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...
Quote: (07-03-2014 01:40 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Vincent, where do you buy your Magnesium oil from?

I'm in Thailand so I have it shipped from iHerb.com

Takes about 2 weeks and I have to pay like $15 in customs fees.

You can find Mg on Amazon.com if it's available where you are.

Quote: (07-03-2014 01:42 PM)Renberg Wrote:  

Working out + Zinc is an amazing combo. Not only does it make you incredibly horny, but it also gives you great clarity of mind.

Although I haven't experimented with them yet, I'm a million percent sure somebody is going to drop that beets are the way to go. They're on my shopping list.

What do beets supposedly do?

Quote: (07-03-2014 01:44 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

These are all generally excellent tips.

But taking that much D is overkill. At 15,000 - 20,000 IU a day you are getting close to the point where you might be at risk of Vitamin D toxicity. I really see no evidence that you need more than 2,000 IU a day. 5,000 tops and that's pushing it.

Instead get some consistent midday sun during the summer and produce depots of natural D that will last you through the year.

You're right.

I've been out of the sun and off D3 supplements for months so I'm taking 15k-20k IU a day just for a few weeks to raise my blood D3 levels. Then I'll reduce to 5k-10k.

I should have made that clear in the OP.

However, consider that 30 minutes of full body exposure to sunlight triggers endogenous vitamin d3 production to the tune of 10k IU.

Considering how much time our ancestors (and extant tribal brothers and sisters) spent in the sun, it's not unbelievable to think we're adapted for short term high-dose D3 intake (particularly after the end of the rainy season in tropical climes) followed by a period in which your body down-regulates production once you've reached sufficient blood D3 levels.
I would suggest one more thing:

Cardio - Running, biking, etc is good for your body as it increases your stamina. You last longer and are more in control of your boner.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.
@Vincent
http://www.m.webmd.com/food-recipes/feat...root-juice
Quote: (07-03-2014 11:48 AM)VincentVinturi Wrote:  

Now if I could only get to sleep earlier and wake up earlier

VV -- this is the key of keys (as you recognized in your other thread).

Sleep is the God of testosterone and health.

If your sleep is disturbed, your androgen efficiency will be low over time, and every aspect of your health will suffer. If sleep is of poor structure, no amount of weightlifting, D, zinc or even money will help a man truly thrive. Sleep is the master key to health.

Early to bed early too rise is the most important piece of advice a man needs -- and sometimes the only one that counts.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...
Good advices in thread, I'd add sunbathing, for who living in tropical climate this is not hard to do and one of my favorite pleasure I didn't see anyone mention: siesta, no, not napping, in the middle of the day, say 12 p.m I just stop whatever I do and just go to sleep, no alarm clock of any kind, my body knows when to wake up automatically (I always wake up at 1 p.m), once I wake up, I don't try to sleep more and I always feel super charged and full of energy.[Image: banana.gif]
Quote: (07-03-2014 02:38 PM)game_ethic Wrote:  

@Vincent
http://www.m.webmd.com/food-recipes/feat...root-juice

I'm not sold on beets.

Looks like a lot of sugar for a relatively low nutrient density:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vege...cts/2348/2

Compare those figures to an equal amount of calf liver:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/lamb...cts/4673/2

It's no contest. Beets' claim to fame is a high nitrate content. Nitrates get converted to Nitric Oxide which helps blood flow, etc.

Personally I'd just take straight nitric oxide and bypass the 10g of carbs and the trouble of buying beets, cooking/juicing them, etc.