rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cheap Dates for Regulars

Cheap Dates for Regulars

I have a few girls I'm dating and are now regulars, and I was curious what you all recommend for inexpensive little dates during the weekdays.

A few of my examples:
- Dinner and a movie, sometimes take-out other times I'll cook something easy. The girl may cook as well.
- Going out for dinner, but something cheap like pizza, Mexican or Chipotle like places.

I'm starting to grow bored of just eating and hooking and up and want to do some more fun weekday things that appeal to me. Off the top of my head I'd figure catching a movie that I want to see would be fun, or hitting up a farmer's market or free event.

What do you guys like to do with girls you're seeing regularly (which obviously means the relationship has been consummated)?

"Desserts are like mistresses. They are bad for you. So if you are having one, you might as well have two." - Alain Ducasse

Cheap Dates for Regulars

There's some great info in Christian McQueen's show here: https://soundcloud.com/thechristianmcque...n-a-budget

The best cheap date idea, in my opinion, is watching netflix with a home cooked meal. Throw some wine in the mix and you're set. Netflix costs $9 a month and you can cook up something for pretty cheap for the two of you. $10 bottle of wine and you're set. I don't like chipotle or cheap restaurants because it feels cheap. The food is usually only okay, the atmosphere is usually pretty abysmal, and you don't actually save that much money. Cooking at home = DHV. It's also cheap, but most importantly, it doesn't feel cheap. If you have an alright pad, it just feels chill. Also very easy to transition to the bang seeing as you're already at home.

If you're more of a daytime person, as Dagonet and CMQ talk about, there will always be cheap museums, and stuff outdoors you can do. Nothing like banging in the woods to get in touch with mother nature.

Cheap Dates for Regulars

Yeah I hate going on dates spending money doing things I really don't even enjoy doing just for the sake of doing something. Heck even those cheap meals and movies you mentioned you can easily drop $50 on dinner and a movie even on the cheap.

Checkout your cities event calendar, usually all types of events and things to do going on whether live music, farmers markets, some kind of italian fest or mexican fest or whatever with food and entertainment.

I actually had a cheap date this past Saturday. There was a blues fest going on down by the river in my city. They normally have cheap shows but it was like $20 a person to get in. Instead of going to the fest we got a 12 pack, rolled a joint and found a spot on the other side of the river where you could hear the music perfectly, there was nobody around so had the place to ourselves and it cost me about $10 bucks. After the show we walked down to a taco stand and got a couple $1 tacos and another beer.

Forest Preserves or the beach or state park are another cool and free or cheap way to spend a day.

Cheap Dates for Regulars

This is how you end up in an LTR.

Cheap regular dates with sex.

Before you know it, she's sleeping over.
Then she keeps a few things at your spot.

Then other chick asks who's CONTACT SOLUTION IS THIS? I DON'T WEAR CONTACTS, YOU DON'T WEAR CONTACTS...

*flashbacks*

WIA

Cheap Dates for Regulars

The problem is, all those creative ideas, I'd rather do by myself. Farmer's markets, art galleries, parks, etc. Even eating at Chipotle is much more enjoyable to me as a solo excursion.

For me, the best solution I've found is going to happy hour for discount drinks and split an appetizer while watching sports on TV. Just meet up after work. Go back to her place, bang, go home. For regulars (that aren't relationship material), I want to invest as little time and money into them as possible.

Cheap Dates for Regulars

Quote: (06-30-2014 11:25 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

The problem is, all those creative ideas, I'd rather do by myself. Farmer's markets, art galleries, parks, etc. Even eating at Chipotle is much more enjoyable to me as a solo excursion.

For me, the best solution I've found is going to happy hour for discount drinks and split an appetizer while watching sports on TV. Just meet up after work. Go back to her place, bang, go home. For regulars (that aren't relationship material), I want to invest as little time and money into them as possible.

I see what you're saying, but man doesn't live by sex alone.

The post is on the surface about cheap dates, beneath the surface though...

That message doesn't really mesh with the general direction of the philosophy here.

WIA

Cheap Dates for Regulars

Quote: (06-30-2014 11:28 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (06-30-2014 11:25 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

I see what you're saying, but man doesn't live by sex alone.

The post is on the surface about cheap dates, beneath the surface though...

That message doesn't really mesh with the general direction of the philosophy here.

WIA

Exactly, I like the company of these girls and I can easily cook a meal plus watch a movie...but it gets a little dull 2-3 times a week.

These are obviously first world problems...as I am essentially whining about having a middle-class lifestyle where I'm getting bored of working all day, meeting a girl for dinner and then taking her to bed.

I guess I can just change the pasta sauce I make...

"Desserts are like mistresses. They are bad for you. So if you are having one, you might as well have two." - Alain Ducasse

Cheap Dates for Regulars

Here's a thought, bringing the chick into a post-workout activity...like a jog or something. Two birds with one stone, then at least I'm being more healthy about it.

Btw, not worried about it leading it to an LTR because of previous chats I've had with these girls

Cheap Dates for Regulars

Btw, you can take a girl out to a sitdown dinner and not spend a ton of cash:
- bottle of Prosecco ($10) at your place, chilled. Have a few glasses
- Eat at ethnic foods such as Mediterranean, Ethiopian, Thai, Chinese, etc. Servers and all that good stuff.

It's a little treat for my regulars (every once in a while, and when they've been on good behavior)

Cheap Dates for Regulars

Get creative. Assuming you and your girl aren't standard boring American shlubs who don't like doing anything - go for a hike. Bring a picnic lunch and eat in a scenic spot on a mountain or something. Take a road trip somewhere neither of you have been; it could even be a short one. Go out and test drive cars or something - pretend you are married and are looking for a new car whatever. Go yard saling. You live near the coast? Go to the beach at night and walk along the water - get those 'gina tingles going with the sea breeze, the moon, etc. Go for a walk and grab something to eat downtown. Find some cheap live music. Grab a 6 pack or wine, throw it on ice, sit on a rooftop and listen to some music. I could go on and on.

Cheap Dates for Regulars

Salsa dancing; salsa lessons; ice skating; language lessons and meetups; hiking; biking; art openings; art shows; cooking lessons; volleyball tournaments; sand volleyball; yoga; poetry readings; open mike nights; blues jams; jazz jams; walks on the beach; walks in the park; art museums; science museums; museums in general; get drunk on cheap booze and troll people on public transportation; get a video camera and interview people on the street about stupid shit; visit the local aquarium; zoo; indie film festivals; $3 long island nights at the local university bar; throw an ethnic dinner party/potluck (potluck if you want to go super low budget); play the slap game, (if you really have cojones play it somewhere in public); go pool hopping; check out meetup.com for ideas; making mischief; find a nice romantic spot overlooking the whatever is pretty down there and bang her in your car; check your local entertainment rag for other ideas (they're not solely aimed at people with a lot of disposable income), role-playing; dress up like a pimp and a prostitute and troll people at local hotspots or the park; canoeing/kayaking; pretend you're (insert nationality here) tourists that are lost and can't really speak English and troll people; go out to the lake, mountains desert, woods, or stay in town and trip on phenibut, one of the most affordable buzzes in the history of the world; practical jokes; have a squirt-gun fight; dinner on the BBQ; pillow fights; spend an evening planning a road trip or a weekend away.

Adjust these ideas to your locale. There are lots of things you can do if you can't or don't want to take them straight from the bar to the bed. I tend to prefer meaningful flings to SNL myself, and that requires a somewhat different tack.

Cheap Dates for Regulars

Quote: (06-30-2014 10:46 PM)From Vegas to Tokyo Wrote:  

The best cheap date idea, in my opinion, is watching netflix with a home cooked meal. Throw some wine in the mix and you're set. Netflix costs $9 a month and you can cook up something for pretty cheap for the two of you. $10 bottle of wine and you're set.

I always say the "I will cook, you bring the wine" line. This way
1) you don't have to pay for the wine
2) she is invested
3) i get reduced flakes/remorse, something to do with me not just providing, but asking something physical in return (wine) instead of the obvious (sex/her attention)

Often the wine she brings is more expensive than the meal i cook.

Cheap Dates for Regulars

I have two bikes.

One for me and one for cute European girls who are visiting the city.

Get a 10$ bottle of wine and bike down to the cemetery.

Find a secluded spot and while sipping wine say "do you feel alive right now? how alive would you feel while having sex around all of this death?"

If you do it right, your dick will be wet shortly.