rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

text game... i don't get it

For a while now, I've generally been against texting as a reliable way of communicating with girls I haven't slept with. I've never had much luck with it, and I swore it off completely last spring while I was in Brazil for a semester (it was really tempting to communicate through texts while I was still learning Portuguese, but I never had a single success with any girl I texted instead of calling). Texts just seem so passive and ambiguous to me, and I feel like it promotes flaking - it's easier to justify not answering a text than not answering or returning a phone call.

Now recently, I've had some experiences that have led me to reconsider my views toward texting.

I met a girl at a bar recently who seemed like she really wanted to hang out and was dropping tons of IOIs, but refused to answer the phone when I called her a couple days later (I couldn't pursue anything on the same night because of logistical issues). However, she would text me incessantly almost every day. If I tried to call her she wouldn't answer, and then she'd text me back two minutes later. She would be very flirtatious in her texts but whenever I suggested hanging out, she would flake.

Eventually we did go on a date, and once I got to know her a bit better she struck me as rather silly and immature, so I put her aside and moved on. I think her texting obsession may have been due to the fact that she was fairly young and didn't seem to know how to have a proper phone conversation. Anyways, her loss.

A couple of weeks ago I was at a party and met another pretty girl who caught my interest - she studied film, like myself, and had a good wit and sense of humor. I felt like there was good chemistry between us, and she happily gave me her number when I suggested it. But I neglected to push any further that night, and didn't have the presence of mind to feel out her schedule or suggest a date before leaving the party, as I was a bit distracted - there was an unrelated incident with my buddy's drunken roommate that eventually prompted me to bail. However, before I left I let her know that I was throwing a party the next night, for my birthday, but added that it wasn't definite yet. She seemed interested so I said I'd let her know the following day.

now it's not my usual routine to contact a girl any sooner than 2-3 days after meeting her, but she seemed excited about the party, so I decided to make an exception. But when I found out the next day that the party was being scaled down, I decided to just tell her that it had been called off, and that we should chill later in the week instead. However, feeling like it was too soon to call her, I decided I'd try a text instead. I'm not very confident of my texting skills so I looked at Roosh's text guide first.

Here's how the conversation progressed:

Me, 8PM- hey [girl] it's [stien]. how are u?
Her, 8:30- Hey [stien] im good how are you?
Me, 9:21- im good too. not so sure about the party tonight though. do you want to hang out later this week?
Her, 9:49- Oh ok, yeah we could do that.
Me, 10:21- how about tuesday? Its my day off

After this she didn't respond. The following day (Sunday)...

Her, 12:36PM- hey sorry i couldnt get back to you last night,.... ummm tuesday isnt gonna work, i have class til late [Image: undecided.gif]

I followed the guide and didn't reply, since she didn't suggest another day. I waited until tuesday and then sent a restart text:

Me, 8PM- hey how was your weekend?
Her, 8:01 (almost immediate)- It was pretty good [Image: smile.gif] how was yours?
Me, 8:10 - mine was good too...very eventful. what are you up to this week?

Once again, no reply. Didn't hear from her again. Deleted her number a couple days later.

So what's the deal? What am I doing wrong? I feel like not waiting to contact her could have hurt my chances, or maybe it was inviting her to the party and then canceling. Then again, maybe I should've just called her and avoided texting in the first place. What do you guys think?

-Stien

I dont think she is that interested in you, to be honest. Girls do take their time when responding back sometimes, but she left you hanging 2 consecutive times when trying to set up a date. if she really liked you she wouldnt have done that.

I dont think you did anything wrong tho. When you meet girls at parties and your chatting them up and they seem interested because their seemingly receptive and whatnot, sometimes its because their just caught up in the moment and dont want to be rude; or they may just want somebody to talk to while their partying because their in the mood at the time.

Its no biggie tho, this shit happens to everybody. Its even worse for girls cause it usually happens to them AFTER theyve fucked a guy lol

Stein,

What you are describing is a very common thing I think. Guy meets girl, texts her some chit chat, they never hang out.

Thats why I have decided to stop texting girls. When I meet a girl and get her number, I call her. Its way easier to make a connection talking over the phone. Every dork in town is texting her that bullshit. Be the guy who calls. Try to vibe with her on the phone. The way she talks, her tone and volume, these are all little chances to connect with her. Use your wit and humor. Try to get her comfortable and talking.

This forces you to work on your Game deeply and spontaneously . Texting requires way less courage and personality. Isn't there some theory that says if you work on a deeper level of skill the easier skills get better automatically? Thats what happens here, if you can get good at talking to girls on the phone, your text game will automatically improve. It will actually become really good.

This is how you get better, FASTER. Do the stuff that requires more of you as a man.

This speeds up the whole process, if don't have game you are never gonna get her anyway. So you might as well get alot better from the experience instead of just a little better. Phone Game is a better investment then Text Game.

And never waste your time trying figure out what was going on in a womans head.

Texting is a losers game. I compare it to russian roulette as it is only a matter of a few texts before you are dead in the water. Seriously. Remember: women are non-confrontational creatures. As such, they hide behind Facebook, twitter, texting (especially texting) to not have to look a guy dead in his eyes and say "thanks, I'm just not interested"...however, WOMEN NEED (AND LOVE) ATTENTION AS MUCH AS MEN NEED SEX!!! Repeat this to yourself 3x before reading the remainder of my post.

The thought of her getting a dozen text messages from random men makes her day!! Do not be one of the fools she is playing for her attention deficit needs.

I NEVER TEXT A WOMAN, EVER! Even if she texts me, I eventually respond witha phone call. If it goes to VM, I just say "hey, wassup Lisa, call me back - you know who it is"

I said this before on another thread. If a woman is interested in you in the slightest bit, she wants to hear your voice - period!

But, some men never learn as they desperately try to please a woman to eventually get her in bed. In fact, it is not giving her what she wants that triggers her sexual response towards you. Doubt it, and you can look forward to sexual abstinence the remainder of 2011.

This is the IV commandment of poon (from Roissys blog)

IV. Don’t play by her rules

If you allow a woman to make the rules she will resent you with a seething contempt even a rapist cannot inspire. The strongest woman and the most strident feminist wants to be led by, and to submit to, a more powerful man. Polarity is the core of a healthy loving relationship. She does not want the prerogative to walk all over you with her capricious demands and mercurial moods. Her emotions are a hurricane, her soul a saboteur. Think of yourself as a bulwark against her tempest. When she grasps for a pillar to steady herself against the whipping winds or yearns for an authority figure to foil her worst instincts, it is you who has to be there… strong, solid, unshakeable and immovable.

The above especially applies to texting; a game made for women to win....always.

Mixx

What up Stien...

Everyone has their theories on texting, i.e. MiXX isn't a fan...and it makes sense what he is saying.

I actually am a fan of texting. I don't like talking on the phone because they want to talk about their day, etc. If you make a strong enough connection before hand, then texting should not be an issue, but there is texting game. This is generally what I do.

I don't have text conversations. It is too time consuming and gets annoying. I will reply to a text message but will not do more then 2 more follow up texts. Literally, even if she asks me a questions, I flat out don't respond. It's good to leave girls hanging. It keeps them wondering. (kind of like how you are wondering right now what is up with this chick)

Take your time in responding. You're a busy guy and don't want to seem too needy, and jumping at the opportunity to respond. Sometimes I will put the phone down before responding and then forget to respond until hours later. It's great! It lets them know that they are not your priority.

The only time I ask questions in a text is if I need to know something. ex. "What is your address?" Other than strictly informational questions, don't ask questions. Every text you sent ended with a question, and you just hanging on...waiting for a reply. I don't text questions for 2 reasons. It leaves the power of the response in her hands and I don't want to give her that power. Secondly, I get annoyed texting, so I try to end a texting banter as fast as I can.

Last rule is to not send the last text...if she sends a text, you don't HAVE to send a reply. It's better if you don't reply at all...

Maybe you lost this chick, but who cares. There will be others. Next time just tell her what you're doing instead of asking questions.

Quote: (02-24-2011 12:54 PM)Tyler for short Wrote:  

Next time just tell her what you're doing instead of asking questions.

Ty just said it all. Make a date and tell her how it will happen. I also use texts just to get her laughing and thinking about me. The problem isn't that she isn't interested...the problem is that "how was your day...what are you doing now" is boring. You're just some faceless boring dude begging her to let you fuck her. Try something else. I have a couple fall back texts that I'll share with you, just because I'm a rad motherfucker.

"Hey Tuesday night..What are we doing?"

"Hey..keep it down over there"

"One word: My pad tonight"

Whenever you are about to send a plain "how was your day" type text. Stop. slap yourself a couple of times...then get yourself in the right frame of mind. If you can't think of something to say to a text, PM me and I'll see what I can come up with. I do this for my buddies all the time.

By the way, the girl who you deleted...your best bet to flip the script would have been to send her a non-sequitur text. Roosh talks about it in his blog. I'll let you do the footwork.

Quote: (02-24-2011 02:29 PM)Feo Wrote:  

Quote: (02-24-2011 12:54 PM)Tyler for short Wrote:  

Next time just tell her what you're doing instead of asking questions.

Ty just said it all. Make a date and tell her how it will happen. I also use texts just to get her laughing and thinking about me. The problem isn't that she isn't interested...the problem is that "how was your day...what are you doing now" is boring. You're just some faceless boring dude begging her to let you fuck her. Try something else. I have a couple fall back texts that I'll share with you, just because I'm a rad motherfucker.

"Hey Tuesday night..What are we doing?"

"Hey..keep it down over there"

"One word: My pad tonight"

I will try this on a girl I met 2 weeks ago, and have not called. She is a brand, new girl, so it wil be a clean slate. Just to compare phone game vs text game.

....more to come.

Mixx

Quote: (02-24-2011 09:10 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Texting is a losers game. I compare it to russian roulette as it is only a matter of a few texts before you are dead in the water. Seriously. Remember: women are non-confrontational creatures. As such, they hide behind Facebook, twitter, texting (especially texting) to not have to look a guy dead in his eyes and say "thanks, I'm just not interested"...however, WOMEN NEED (AND LOVE) ATTENTION AS MUCH AS MEN NEED SEX!!! Repeat this to yourself 3x before reading the remainder of my post.

I have to add my vote to the Mixx school on this subject. Texting, Facebook, and online dating are simply designed for women. The deck is heavily stacked against men in all forms of digital communication. Period. Women seek those media out precisely because of the huge advantages it affords them with relatively small social risk and cost. Minimize your use of them, or avoid them all together, at all costs.

Like Mixx points out, girls want attention more than sex. These digital worlds often give them the former without ever having to even consider or confront the latter--what we want, sex. That's why it's not rare for women to be stringing along several men on their phones or computers at any given moment. It's the equivalent of us banging three or four chicks at the same time.

Learn to use texting, Facebook, or whatever to get them back to our territory: good old-fashioned analog talking and hanging-out. Don't let a girl remain in her comfort zone. A girl shaken loose from her comfort zone is half-way to your bedroom.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

ur texting is pretty awful. standard afc talk. You need to be more compelling and different in what you say. I honestly cringed when I read you opening text of "hey how are you?" The fact that she responded to such a lame message shows she was interested in you IMO.

I also disagree with the waiting 2-3 days to contact a chic philosophy. The next day (or even same day) is the best. You want to be fresh in their mind and keep the momentum u built from the initial interaction plus the waiting 2 days thing is so standard and cliche that I suspect its what most guys do anyways. So its not like ur being hard to get or different or something.

In your particular example. I wouldve texted her something like. "Hey <funny nickname for her relating to something u talked about>, party is canceled but Tuesday You and me are having a night of vague of adventure (Stein)" You probably don't even need to put your name as it should be obvious it is you.

here is an exchange from yesterday that I initiated with a girl I've never hung out with before and know almost nothing about. She gave me her number over 2 weeks before and I never tried contacting her because I was busy. out of the blue I text her this, she doesnt know my number yet.

"Hey random stranger, I dont know what to say to you, lets see... do you like elephants? (this is BaronStanley)"

haha, yeah a lot. do you?

"of course... Im going to ride one through Africa and spear hunt Zebras. You wanna come with me?"

<she doesnt respond til 6 hours later at 8pm.>
sorry for responding after a thousand hours. I was busy all afternoon with patients. I'd love to go when we going? Ha!

<I responded an hour or so later>
"bla bla bla I hate you. We'll go tomorrow. You available?"

yea, at what time? Don't hate me!! Im adorable hahaha

"around 8, We'll meet at XXX in front of XXX."

And what do I need for the trip to Africa? Insect repellent?

"I just ask that you be awesome"

Done [Image: wink.gif] !! We'll talk tomorrow xoxo

There is nothing that great about this exchange its just random shit I made up on the spot but maybe it can give some idea as to how to be different... albeit somewhat childish.

thanks for the feedback, guys.

Most of what you are all saying confirms my previous belief that texting girls is a waste of time that should be avoided whenever possible. However after these recent experiences, and after reading Roosh's text game guide, I'm starting to feel like it's an element of game that I should understand even if I don't wish to employ it regularly. Better to be prepared, I suppose.

Tyler - great advice, man. I didn't even realize that I was asking so many damn questions. I think I may do the same in actual conversation as well...

Feo - fucking brilliant. I'll remember those and try to think of something a bit more clever to say next time... I'll let you know if I get stuck. also, looked for that blog post you were talking about, couldn't find anything.

BaronStanley - you are totally right. I think my game is pretty poor these days, i've been in a terrible rut (but I'm trying to be proactive about it!) anyways it's interesting what you are saying and it actually makes a lot of sense even though it seems like a totally different strategy from what Roosh wrote about in his book. I've been trying to reference Bang a lot these days, since my previous strategy (or lack thereof) wasn't doing me any good. Those texts I sent to that girl were almost word for word out of the text guide.

right out of the book-
"The optimal text game is to remain logistical and to get straight to the point of asking her out. Refrain from sending jokes, stories, or emoticons."

"I absolutely do not recommend sending a text on the same night you meet (a common one is along the lines of “It was nice meeting you”). It’s a mistake for three reasons: 1) Most other guys do this and you’ll end up grouped with them; 2) It relieves all the tension of her wondering if you’re going to contact her or not; and 3) It can easily be construed as needy, no matter how tight your game was when you met her."

I don't know, maybe Roosh's texting strategy isn't for me. normally i try to be a bit more playful and indirect with my texts, but it's never gotten me very far in the past.

I should've started posting here sooner, you guys really seem to know what you're talking about [Image: idea.gif]

Quote:Quote:

If you allow a woman to make the rules she will resent you with a seething contempt even a rapist cannot inspire.

LOL

This is common (particularly with younger girls). They string you along enough just so they keep getting text messages, and always seem to back out when it's time to make plans. You read that right: THEIR MAIN GOAL IS NOT TO GET LAID BUT TO RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES. It's like their pathetic version of a slot machine.

That said, you didn't do anything wrong. Keep doing what you're doing and it will hit sooner than later.

Baron: your texting game is a good example of not what to do. You're trying way too hard like you're a texting clown or entertainer.

"of course... Im going to ride one through Africa and spear hunt Zebras. You wanna come with me?"

Are you pulling our chain? Are you hitting on 12 year old girls who like the zoo?

There is nothing that great about this exchange its just random shit I made up

It shows. Please bro if you don't know what you're talking about then stay silent.

Now texting can work at our advantage..... there are girls you want to keep on the backburner, but don't really wanna converse with them, so, a text message every now and then keeps you in touch....

To court a girl, date her, whatever,,,,, phone game is a must,,, I agree with the aforementioned posts and opinions in this thread. I agree with Mixx,,, women aren't as confrontational,,, they don't have metaphorically speaking "BALLS", to approach men unless they are drunk, have a friend to join them or you are FAMOUS.... So, knowing this its up to us to be confrontational in a sense....

No matter what, if a girl is into you, she will want to see your number on her phone, and vice versa on our end.

I've heard differing strategies on text game. I'm recommending what works for me. There is an entire book by the pick up podcast guys which advocates a style more like what I do and contradicts some of what roosh advocates. I haven't actually read their book though, just heard them go over it on the podcast. Its called 'the txt book'

I think optimal strategy is to be concise and to the point but also playful and compelling. Definitely never go on pointlessly bantering, that is just retarded. When I said my text was nothing special, I meant in the actual wording or content but the general outline of it is solid. Open with something funny, interesting or even odd to get her to respond. And then segue way into asking her out asap. If she says no, stop the convo and hit her up some other time. Sometimes they wont directly say no but keep trying to do some gay banter bullshit. When that happens, I just stop responding. If I have more report with the girl from the initial interaction, I will just directly ask her out on the first message. I reference some sort of inside joke or nickname I have given her and ask her out.

So let me ask you a different question: I went out with a girl from my gym a few months ago. We had fun with a lot of makeout, but my attempt to fuck her failed. I still see her in a gym like once a week, and we talk , but I never asked her out again, ignored her hints and when she basically offers to go out and have sex afterwards I make some excuse (this has happened a few times already). Now thing is, she's texting me every day, several messages a day. It all goes to my trashy Google Voice number, which I use as "home phone number" on various web sites when you do online orders, but I also give it to girls who insist of having my number. Of course I only check it once a week or so. Now those messages range from "let's have lunch today" to "I feel lonely and need a man company right now" and "I want to have sex". Now the thing is, I never ever replied to any of her texts or called back, but she keeps sending them. Now the question, is it typical here in US? Is it typical for guys as well, meaning if you want something from a girl, you are expected to call her like twice a day until she finally goes out with you?

DUDE, just be yourself. To be honest, if you really do everything what's written in those "HOW TO PICK UP GIRLS" ebooks then you will continue failing like this.

I usually make phonecalls. Texting is for gays. Your gay.

Adapt or die. If you were alive when the telephone came out would you anti-texters be insistent on only writing letters? Unless you're Mixx, a guy with the same game as you who uses texting will get more bangs, hands down.

@Mixx -- Hey man, can you elaborate a bit on your phone game? How long do you wait till you call, how do you typically open the conversation, what kind of shit do you like talking about when you get her on and how long does your first conversation with her last before you set up the date?

My two closest friends are extremely anti-texting and we've had numerous debates about this. My feeling on this matter is that there are no one size fits all solution and you have to be adaptable. If I got the number of some couger corporate law attorney, I think I'd be better off calling. If I got the number of a young graphic designer chic who's glued to her Apple products, I don't think texting will be harmful and might even be beneficial. I certainly don't agree that you should be having conversations using texting, you're just using texting to set up a date. I think that the anti-text people seem to forget this point.

I've had first phone conversations go spectacularly well, and I've had some epic fails with awkward silences within minutes. Years ago, I once had a great time chatting up and dancing with this girl at a bar, exchanged numbers and when I called, the phone conversation had no chemistry and that just killed everything on the spot. For me anyway, the phone can do as much damage as good and it may not even be your fault since it takes two to have a good phone conversation. You just never know what you're going to get or what mood she'll be in when you call. I think a concise texting strategy is a bit more fail-proof if your goal is just to get her on a date so you can have that conversation in person over a drink, and not to chit chat and banter all day.

Also, even for guys who are completely anti-texting, I think there is still use for the "warm up text". Where you text a girl something that reminds her of something funny that happened when you met. Like you send: "I'm still cracking up over XYZ, can you believe that happened??" And then when she replies back with "omg, I know, that was so hilarious!", you call her right then knowing that 1: she's right there at her phone and obviously not busy so she'll pick up(it would look bad not to since she just texted you) and 2: you've got her emotional state warmed up back into the vibe you were when you left off making the segue into phone conversation smooth.

Ok fellas, I set out this week to specifically try a field experiment on 4 women. All women I met on Tuesday 2.22.11. The goal is to use text game ONLY on 2 girls, and phone game ONLY on the other 2 and get them to agree for a meetup at my place (or elsewhere) tonight. The women are all around the same ages, and I would say the same things in text messages I would during phone conversations as best I could.

** I am using the text samples from BaronStanley above.

Girl 1 Stats (texting only):

Age 23, white, blonde American, recent college grad about an 8 in looks. After 2 days, I texted her with Baron's Stanley's recommendations above:

"Hey random stranger, I dont know what to say to you, lets see... do you like elephants? (this is Mixx)

Status as of today: We have shot several text messages back and forth, and I tried to set-up a date for tonight at her place or mine to taste my cooking and open a bottle of champagne. I have not heard from her since yesterday at 1500hrs EST.

Girl 2 Stats (Phone Only):

Age 26, Italian-American brunette - a paralegal also about an 8 in looks but with obvious fake tits. After 2 days I would call her, and I would say the exact same thing, except this time, I am using my voice.

On the phone with girl 2: Hey random stranger, I dont know what to say to you, lets see... do you like elephants?

Status today of girl 2. We met last night, had drinks, we kissed, but her logistics were not there for an F-Close as she had to work early this am. I am waiting for her to call me at 1900EST today to confirm she is coming. I specifically told her that I do not answer text messages as I get a lot of spam, she needs to call me to hook up. She gladly said she would call me without fail as she really enjoys my company.

Girl 3 stats (texting Only):

24, Latina raised in Miami, works as a secretary. She attends community college. A solid 9 in looks.

Hey random stranger, I dont know what to say to you, lets see... do you like elephants? (this is Mixx)

She never responded to my text......I sent a follow-up text 6hrs later - no response.

Girl 4 stats (phone only):

22, Canadian student at University of Miami, typical party girl.

On the phone: Hey random stranger, I dont know what to say to you, lets see... do you like elephants?

Status as of today: We exchanged 6 phone calls....we ended up going for a work-out on the beach this morning, we played with my dog on the beach as well, and went jet-skiing. She has called me 3x today to tell me what time to meet, but I have purposely ignored her phone calls to build tension. She will very likely get F-closed tonight along with girl 2 tomorrow.

Remember: I opened with the same lines to ALL 4 women. I cracked the same jokes via text as I did on the phone.

The verdict: A much stronger connection was established by talking on the phone, resulting in a strong potential f-close tonight of girl 4. Yeah I know, she is Canadian.......my easiest lays. [Image: smile.gif]

Mixx

In my opinion, texting works best only when you KNOW that a girl is very attracted to and interested in you; basicly when she is just eating out of your hand.

I can remember three specific girls in my life that I was pursuing that seemingly preferred texting me over talking on the phone with me....I didnt get to fuck any of them.

These days, im calling a girl first when I first get her number if Im really interested in her. If I get a sense that she prefers texting me over calling, that is a sign that she is not that interested and that my time would be better spent elsewhere.

Like someone already said, if you let the girl dictate the ground rules from the start....you are pretty much done for and will not be getting anywhere with her.

Quote: (02-26-2011 01:14 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Adapt or die. If you were alive when the telephone came out would you anti-texters be insistent on only writing letters? Unless you're Mixx, a guy with the same game as you who uses texting will get more bangs, hands down.

As a semi-"anti-texter," I agree and disagree with this tenet. Of course, you have to incorporate (or at least be competent in) the latest trends and methods. But, like I said before--and I think a lot of pro-texters would agree--you should: 1) aim to minimize it; and 2) use it with the chief goal of taking things into more male-favorable scenarios.

Texting is simply too skewed toward the benefit of women for us to use it as a primary tool. It certainly doesn't hurt to have solid text-game, but when it comes down to it, text game alone will rarely get you laid.

Quote: (02-26-2011 04:59 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Ok fellas, I set out this week to specifically try a field experiment on 4 women. All women I met on Tuesday 2.22.11. The goal is to use text game ONLY on 2 girls, and phone game ONLY on the other 2 and get them to agree for a meetup at my place (or elsewhere) tonight. The women are all around the same ages, and I would say the same things in text messages I would during phone conversations as best I could.

** I am using the text samples from BaronStanley above.

Mad props for using some solid-ass empirical methods to test the hypotheses floating around this thread. And, double mad props for self-handicapping with BaronStanley's poor examples of text-game.

Please keep us posted!

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Mixx...if rather than sending Baron's examples of texts in your experiment, you just sent something a little more down to earth, I think you may have some different results.

If this was me in your Girl 1 example:

Me: Hey Kristen...I'm around on Thursday night if your not up to anything...(I'd send this on Sun or Mon)
Her: Yea I don't have anything planned.
Me: Alright. Let's grab a drink somewhere. Around 8 or so? I'll text you later this week.

Done. Text her Wed night to confirm she is ready to be picked up and fucked, then don't send another one until you're on your way to her house. I could complete this in a total of 4 text messages and not mention anything about elephants or zoos. She would already be attracted to me and know I'm entertaining because she has already met me, so I don't need to try and display that through texting. Also...you invited her over your house for dinner on the first date....that is too soon for something that intimate. 2nd dates are good for dinners at home. Just from my experience that's what I've found.

Girl 3 never responded to your initial text message. Honestly...I don't know if I blame her with that content...If you even just said "hi" you probably would have gotten a better response.

Regardless...I like that you did the experiment...I'm always about trying different shit...

I fail at life. I agree the opening message is not very good. I just said exactly what was on my mind while laying in bed not knowing what to say to some girl I know nothing about and then I see the elephant lamp on the nighstand next to my bed. an actual tested message I've used multiple times with solid success is "rawr, I'm going to attack you"

Quote: (02-26-2011 07:47 PM)Tyler for short Wrote:  

Mixx...if rather than sending Baron's examples of texts in your experiment, you just sent something a little more down to earth, I think you may have some different results.

If this was me in your Girl 1 example:

Me: Hey Kristen...I'm around on Thursday night if your not up to anything...(I'd send this on Sun or Mon)
Her: Yea I don't have anything planned.
Me: Alright. Let's grab a drink somewhere. Around 8 or so? I'll text you later this week.

Fact is, it is not what I said that made a difference, because I said the same thing on the phone with my voice, and it led to attraction. I just used Byrons example because it was already part of this thread.

So yeah, I normally would something different, but that would sidetrack me from the point of the plan...which is to prove, under the same circumstances, that phone game has better results because you connect at a deeper level by sound vs reading words and smiley icons on a screen.

We all have distinct voices, which are designed to attract females. Hell, in animals, they rely on sound to attract 100%, we are not that different.

However, I agree that younger cats, who never had to game women in the days where text messaging, twitter and Facebook did not exist, this will be a very difficult concept to grasp, and adapt to. Looking back now, maybe I have texted a woman directions to my house before, and what time dinner will be ready...but I can probably count text messages for game in 1 hand.

I use text messaging for business 90% of the time ironically.

Mixx

Quote: (02-26-2011 04:07 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

@Mixx -- Hey man, can you elaborate a bit on your phone game? How long do you wait till you call?]

It really depends on the connection that is established. You see, I do not follow the typical recipe you may be used to. I focus more on initial emotional connection, and Kino to get her for a SNL, and ONLY number close when logistics are not there for us, AND we built a strong connection. Otherwise..next! I ALWAYS go for SNL - always. Chasing a girl for days is not my style, unless she was DTF to begin with, but logistics were off.

Quote: (02-26-2011 04:07 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

how do you typically open the conversation, what kind of shit do you like talking about when you get her on and how long does your first conversation with her last before you set up the date?

I normally open a conversation with a situation that teases her or pokes fun at her for something silly......However, I once opened a girl with G Trooper as my wing by telling her she reminded me of a crackhead on the street corner".....NOW, THIS GIRL LOOKED LIKE GREEK GODDESS! I then opened another girl by telling her I was GAY. 3 months ago, I made eye-contact with a girl, and then went up to her and said" You are such a chicken shit you know that?" How long before you grow some and kiss me? Yeah, she was in shock, but eventually stuck her tongue in my mouth.

I always go for sudden shock to really confuse her emotions. Kind of like a KO, but your target can get up for a standing 8 count if you get me.

Warning, those are very advanced skilled openers, and must be used with extreme caution, and timed perfectly or you will get slapped!

Yet sometimes, I open a girl with an extremely simple: "hey, I am craving intelligent conversation....got any?"

Bottom line: Do not be afraid to fuck with women! Fuck with their head, take their emotions out for a spin and floor the gas pedal! Make them confused, angry, happy all at the same time in the first 10 minutes of conversation...but never try to show her how smart you are and that 2+2=4 - that's getting to her logical brain, which will not work! Attack her emotions, and she's your for the taking.

Mixx