rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Divorce parties

Divorce parties

If this has been posted before, I apologize in advance.

Quote:Quote:

The bride wore blue rain boots, her bridesmaids mischievous grins. Wine glasses and tallboy cans in hand, they stomped through the bride’s backyard to the creek where they soiled their gowns in mud, mugging for the photographer. Off-camera, the girls chucked all their finery into a bonfire: a right pagan affair.

The bride, 24-year-old Cynthia Joanne, had signed her divorce papers earlier that day. The Guelph, Ont., administrative assistant decided to celebrate coming through it alive with a “trash the dress” party, women only allowed.

“It didn’t come from a place of bitterness. There was no throwing darts at pictures of my ex,” said Joanne, now 27. Infidelity spelled the end to her three-year marriage. “The party celebrated all the people who helped me through that.”

For women splitting in their 20s after failed “starter marriages,” divorce parties are proving a soothing balm. Many of these blowouts mirror that other big day, the gowns hauled out, tiered cakes ordered, photographers hired, registries put forth – divorce registries, ostensibly for after you lose half your stuff. Like other twentysomethings getting over heartache, these young brides have turned to public ritual, be it elaborate “freedom fests” shared on Pinterest or an evocative post-divorce tattoo (birdcages flung open are a big theme here).

These young divorcées are also poised as a new and lucrative commercial demographic: Not only are many open to marrying again, they’re marking their separations with a whole new array of baubles. Websites likeTrashTheDressOnline.com reveal a whole new world: divorce cocktail dresses, symbolic divorce rings, plus tips for redecorating the house after the ex is gone – think pink “divorcette pads.” Divorce-party planners offer their services online, helping pick out divorce-party music and favours. Chintzy online divorce-party suppliers shill “divorced diva” balloons, black veils and somewhat disturbing penis pinatas. Not cathartic enough? Why not splurge on a miniature mahogany coffin for your wedding band, complete with caustic engraving of your choice? “What better way to bury that ultimate symbol of a dead marriage?” asksWeddingringcoffin.com founder Jill Testa, who divorced after 20 years and received hearty applause when Whoopi Goldberg featured her little caskets on television’s The View. No longer a source of deep shame, divorce is now also a marketable life event, the final stage in the wedding industrial complex.

It’s a new divorce revolution we’re starting,” says Joelle Caputa, 33-year-old founder of Trash the Dress, which also has offshoots in a Pinterest account, “online support group” and the forthcoming book Trash the Dress: Stories of Celebrating Divorce in Your 20s.

Caputa divorced at 29 after a 14-month marriage; her husband didn’t want to have kids, a deal-breaker for her. She said that unlike previous generations that stressed compromise, toiling for years to save doomed marriages,

“This is a group of girls who are strong enough to know they need to get out of a bad situation and turn a really bad experience into something positive.” (Or as Cynthia Joanne puts it, “Maybe we’re just being more confident in ourselves, being our own cheerleaders. We’re listening more to what’s good for us.”)

So who inks up her body or ignites her wedding dress post-split? Caputa, who took a pair of scissors to hers, says many of the women posting on her website experience traumatic marital dissolutions involving addiction, infidelity and domestic abuse.

The occasional divorcée arrives frustrated by an ex’s lack of ambition and video-game habits, but generally speaking, the women who slice and dice their gowns aren’t coming from amicable separations.

More generally, Caputa argues that parties, tattoos and support groups can help because divorcing young carries a particular sting of failure. Friends often can’t relate because they’re freshly married themselves; older family members who hoped for grandchildren may harbour disappointment, especially if they footed the wedding bill and their daughters are now moving back home. “You feel like you’re the only person that age getting divorced,” says Caputa. “It’s very embarrassing.”

Moving from failure to independence was the guiding spirit for Chandra Poirier, who posed on Calgary’s Peace Bridge during her trash-the-dress photo shoot. The Edmonton claims adjuster divorced at 27 after two years of marriage; she decided to use the shoot as an outlet. “I cut the wedding dress short and painted the crap out of it,” said Poirier, who then shoved the gown into a garbage bag in the trunk of her car, later chucking it into a campfire. “It’s not taking up room in my life any more. It’s burned to a crisp,” said Poirier, now 30.

Poirier also got a tattoo near her hip, the words “Have courage” in Sanskrit. Divorce tattoos like hers are mushrooming on Pinterest and Reddit as jilted wives and husbands get inked.

People find them therapeutic, says David Glantz, co-owner of Toronto’s Archive Tattoo, where he’s done some two dozen divorce tattoos. “Frequent themes involve budding flowers, young trees, flowers and foliage, birds, pocket watches and compasses for timing and direction, or just nice, decorative script, things that run with the theme of new growth and/or freedom,” the tattooer said via e-mail. “Maybe they’re on the person doing the divorcing, maybe they’re on the person being divorced.”
Brought to you by the same people who thought of "starter weddings".

Obviously the next step is court orders for men to pay their ex-wife's divorce party.[Image: undecided.gif]

Divorce parties

They don't expect gifts, do they?

Divorce parties

Women actively celebrating divorce is far worse for civilization than homosexuals being able to marry. Who the fuck would get married today in the West?

[Image: no-effin-way.gif]

Divorce parties

So how do we infiltrate a Divorce Party and score some resentful poon [Image: huh.gif]

Team Nachos

Divorce parties

Hahaha...great comment
Quote: (06-27-2014 07:46 AM)The PerSev Wrote:  

Brought to you by the same people who thought of "starter weddings".

Women need an even for the stupidest fucking things. I'm still having my divorce party, it's called being single. I'm realizing more and more how grateful I was to have married the woman I did...she didn't, and would never, do this. She was smart and hooked up with a more beta version of my previous self and will lock him down and have babies probably. Perhaps she saved some face for me to have some respect for women despite my gulping the red pill like it's fish oil.

But...she has plenty of friends who would, and probably did, do this. Hell I know plenty of women who do this. Divorced women who got bored of their "starter husband" are, thankfully, really easy to spot. They have a certain callousness, like apathy, toward life, love, and relationships. A woman who gets divorced early because she was bored and wants to live the single life more is like watching a person age in fast forward. Sure, I expect a 55 year old man or woman to have some apathy toward all relationships, but it's sad to see in a 28 year old girl.

The beauty of this apathy is intoxicating tho...God do they love it in the pooper. They make me think the more apathy a woman feels toward relationships the hornier they are. Or, the more a woman feels she has her emotions and relationships under control...the less control she actually has.

This reminds me of a funny Amy Schumer bit...My Dream Breakup
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/kow22f/ins...m-breakup-

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Divorce parties

"Starter marriages"

[Image: facepalm2.gif]

Presumably to stock up on cash through frivorce to make it through the second and third marriages? I wonder what my grandparents would have to say about this. To them, marriage wasn't some rite of passage you went through, like passing your driving test or having your tonsils removed.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

Divorce parties

^ yeah, what guy would sign up to a 'starter marriage' ...maybe if she has a younger sister that he can also trade in for a second wife? As in this conversation:

Jill "So, Tim, this is just going to be a starter marriage ok"
Tim "ok, so we can get divorced while we have no kids, while I have no fashion sense, am just starting out making $24k/yr, have a 1998 hand me down taurus and we rent a 1 bedroom apartment in the bad part of town. THEN after we get divorced I can marry your younger sister, who should be turning 18 then and she can ride the rest of the way through life with me, when I wear custom suits, make 7 figures, own two luxury cars, a house and a vacation home. That can be my 'veteran marriage'. Thats really nice of you Jill, sacrificing your youth so your sister doesn't have to endure those years of grinding, ramen noodles, roach infestations and thrift store furniture..."

Thats the problem with 'starter marriages' chicks don't account for the fact that as they get older the market is being backfilled with younger, hotter women that can out compete them.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Divorce parties

^I would love to actually hear that! The look on the girl's face would be priceless.

Divorce parties

Attention whores gonna whore

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Divorce parties

This is insipid, but the girl quoted divorced her husband because she wanted kids and he didn't. That isn't quite an attempt to reride the carousel. Her major idiocy was ignoring him when he undoubtedly stated the same thing time and time again in the engagement process.

Divorce parties

"Divorce parties" and "starter marriages"? Just another unfortunate sign of the decline of Western society. I'm not surprised to be honest.

However, I agree that the women who are simply getting married so that they can experience a "starter marriage" are completely screwing themselves over. Don't they have the mental capacity to understand that dating and marriage is a market based on supply and demand and getting married decreases her future sexual marketplace value drastically? I mean, what sort of man in his right mind would want to marry a 30+ year old used up woman who's already been through a divorce?

Divorce parties

There's an upscale chain hotel (though very few locations) called Hotel Zaza here in Texas (Houston & Dallas). They offer divorce parties...but I have yet to infiltrate one.

Divorce parties

Quote: (06-27-2014 08:34 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

So how do we infiltrate a Divorce Party and score some resentful poon [Image: huh.gif]

"Divorce Party" planning services?

Divorce parties

or an evocative post-divorce tattoo (birdcages flung open are a big theme here).

What a fucking horrendous, worn out cliche for a tattoo. Maybe the if the bird getting the divorce had been half as agreeable as the hypothetical bird in the cage, she wouldn't be in the situation.

As warning signs go that one is redder than a red flag in a red place and a red time of year.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Divorce parties

Quote: (06-27-2014 02:26 PM)roberto Wrote:  

[quote='The PerSev' pid='765868' dateline='1403873174']
What a fucking horrendous, worn out cliche for a tattoo. Maybe the if the bird getting the divorce had been half as agreeable as the hypothetical bird in the cage, she wouldn't be in the situation.

On seeing that tattoo:

"Huh. Did you know caged birds can't survive in the wild and quickly die?"

Divorce parties

Quote: (06-27-2014 02:26 PM)roberto Wrote:  

or an evocative post-divorce tattoo (birdcages flung open are a big theme here).

As warning signs go that one is redder than a red flag in a red place and a red time of year.

maybe if the cage had a male bird doing the monopoly man 'empty pockets' gesture with two crying baby birds at his feet while momma bird flies out the door, with a wad of money in her mouth.

Divorce parties

I've noticed a growing trend of everything being turned into an 'event' or worse (and this is a personal pet hate) a 'journey'.

Celebrate everything ... even failure! You come out stronger, better, wiser ... it's like shit decisions and poor life choices no longer exist.

Divorce parties

Instead of the standard birdcage tattoo after divorce I would suggest a little girl riding a carousel tattoo or a female clown on a pogo stick.

Divorce parties

Quote: (06-27-2014 09:40 AM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

^ yeah, what guy would sign up to a 'starter marriage' ...maybe if she has a younger sister that he can also trade in for a second wife? As in this conversation:

Tim "ok, so we can get divorced while we have no kids, while I have no fashion sense, am just starting out making $24k/yr, have a 1998 hand me down taurus and we rent a 1 bedroom apartment in the bad part of town. THEN after we get divorced I can marry your younger sister, who should be turning 18 then and she can ride the rest of the way through life with me, when I wear custom suits, make 7 figures, own two luxury cars, a house and a vacation home. That can be my 'veteran marriage'. Thats really nice of you Jill, sacrificing your youth so your sister doesn't have to endure those years of grinding, ramen noodles, roach infestations and thrift store furniture..."

Thats the problem with 'starter marriages' chicks don't account for the fact that as they get older the market is being backfilled with younger, hotter women that can out compete them.

Unfortunately, that is not how it works. More like:
- Marry you when broke starting out at $24k with 1998 Taurus
- She hangs on during your ascent to making 7 figures, and will push you to buy two luxury cars before 7 figures
- She hits eject just as you are rounding the bases taking one of those luxury cars on the way out the door
- She ends up getting half of whatever you have at this point because "I married him when he had nothing, what he has done is OURS, because WE DID IT TOGETHER!
- Court system is setup to view you as the one that will "make it again" while she is a "helpless kitten." (i.e. you get fucked)
- She has a divorce party on your nickel with her sister that isn't going to speak to you ever again.
- Starter marriage = starter capital for women

[Image: bsflag.gif]

Divorce parties

Quote: (06-27-2014 07:59 PM)anonymous123 Wrote:  

Quote: (06-27-2014 09:40 AM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Unfortunately, that is not how it works. More like:
- Marry you when broke starting out at $24k with 1998 Taurus
- She hangs on during your ascent to making 7 figures, and will push you to buy two luxury cars before 7 figures
- She hits eject just as you are rounding the bases taking one of those luxury cars on the way out the door
- She ends up getting half of whatever you have at this point because "I married him when he had nothing, what he has done is OURS, because WE DID IT TOGETHER!
- Court system is setup to view you as the one that will "make it again" while she is a "helpless kitten." (i.e. you get fucked)
- She has a divorce party on your nickel with her sister that isn't going to speak to you ever again.
- Starter marriage = starter capital for women

[Image: bsflag.gif]
Thanks, I know how it actually goes. No woman actually announces that she is going for a 'starter marriage' its a post-divorce rationalization to make herself feel better.

Thats the thing, if the marriage smells bad, guys are better to punch the divorce button before they have assets. Or just burn, liquidate it and move it for a year before filing.

Divorce parties

Quote: (06-27-2014 11:51 AM)Biologist Wrote:  

I mean, what sort of man in his right mind would want to marry a 30+ year old used up woman who's already been through a divorce?

Roosh wrote about this recently, but you'd be suprised. There are tons of men without "right minds" who will supplicate to these used-up harpies just for a tiny bit of affection - sometimes not even sex!

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Divorce parties

Starter marriage =/= starter capital for women.

That's the great tragedy of all of this. They think they're being clever. Their parents probably pay for the wedding, but who pays for the divorce and the divorce party? At that age, there's going to be nothing to divvy up after the divorce and the woman is going to end up with nothing in retirement. Women typically have less in retirement savings than men. The tens of thousands of dollars getting blown on all of this, if invested at that age, or built up as equity in a property, would be worth hundreds of thousands four decades later.

Divorce parties

We need to have someone write up some rules about how to post articles.

It's great that The PerSev reposted the text, so we don't have to give this newspaper more Web hit. But we need more:

1). A link and credit, so we can get some context as to where this is coming from. In this instance, it's Canada's Globe and Mail. I'd say this isn't so much a trend as media lowlifes trying to create one...and it's outside the US, for what that's worth.

2). A byline, so we can track agenda-driven writers. In this case, it's Zosia Bielski, a writer based in Toronto (ahem). Casebook feminist, who cheerleads about stay-at-home dads, worships porn whores, and drones on about other usual feminist BS.

It's important to have this stuff because inevitably these articles get people thinking "WTF?!?!" and looking for background. If we have more info here, they'll find us and realize they're not the only ones finding the media is creating stories, not reporting them -- and doing so with a clear agenda.

We need to expose The Cathedral's messengers, in other words. I used to work for big media and, as I've mentioned, got stories turned back and "kill fees" paid to me anytime I stepped out of the narrow point-of-view they allowed.

Divorce parties

Quote: (06-27-2014 08:34 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

create promoting business catering to this.

McQueen, you hiring?

Divorce parties

Well, one key point I'm trying to get across...is that when you are younger and making jack you are much more vulnerable to an expensive divorce later on. It is much easier for her to announce "I married him when he had nothing!" All the while playing dumb that she was actually sniffing out for someone with characteristics that had all the ingredients for success.

Example: a woman marrying a guy in med school while he "has nothing", and then divorcing him about 5yrs into his career as a heart surgeon.