rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Favourite Responses to What are you Doing

I've seen a couple threads about what your favourite things to say your jobs are, what to respond when a girl calls you a nice guy, and how to respond to a compliment from a girl.

But a common thing I'm asked is a variation of "what are you doing (tonight, tomorrow, right now, etc)"

I'm all for being vague, but my style has recently switched to more of a "trolling girls/DGAF" mentality, and it works wonders for me.

I personally like "taking over the world" (credit goes to Christian Mcqueen).
As well as "working on my time machine/romantic novel/space shuttle"

So... what are your favourite responses to "what are you doing?"

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

i moved away from the sarcasm and trolling to being honest which has lead to me being able to build rapport a lot better than ever over text

I used to respond like: "wyd?" "hard drugs and orgie. come visit" she would be stunned and not really know a response

but now I'm more honest

e.g. "wyd?" "just doing some hw for my chemistry class." "oh who's your professor?" blah blah blah...builds rapport

"wyd" "just got back from gym" "oh i have to get back to my habit of going to the gym" "yeah the gym makes me feel a lot better" "me too, I like feeling healthy" "how often do you go?" blah blah blah builds rapport

if im at work i'll say something that is relateable to her: "wyd?" "at work, dealing with customer service for a computer that broke! I hate being on hold!" "i hate that too" "i know! i dont know anything about computers either." "me neither but my brother always fixes mine..." etc etc

sometimes if i'm really doing nothing i'll just lie and be like "hanging out with a friend about to grab a bite to eat at chilis" then this could possibly lead to a meetup later on in the night.

a lot depends on the girl and it helps if you can kind of sense what she's looking for based on what you know about her. For example, i've been getting better at learning when a girl is interested in you and just pinging you to see who you are and have a little chit chat over text. sometimes, if it's a slut a snarky response and an invite are all that's needed to get her over.

The irony is "taking over the world", isn't trolling. I'm being dead serious.

When a chick texts you that, you should be working on something productive, or with another girl.

Answering "doing homework" or something boring leaves ZERO mystery in her mind.

Also, MANY girls mass blast the "what are you doing?" text out when they're BORED. I've witnessed them do it.

Taking that text serious, until AFTER you've fucked her, is foolish in my opinion, but whatever works for you.

"Taking over the world"
"Building my empire"
"Drowning kittens"
"Shaving my balls"

Depends on my mood, where I plan to take a convo, and what relationship stage I am at with the girl in question.

There's no one line fits all.

Ha, literally responded to one of these an hour ago and just told her what I was actually doing at the time, because I'm already supposed to see her tomorrow and had little interest in having a conversation tonight.

Kinda wish I'd tried one of these though, I will in the future.

Quote: (06-25-2014 08:14 PM)Christian McQueen Wrote:  

When a chick texts you that, you should be working on something productive, or with another girl.

Also, MANY girls mass blast the "what are you doing?" text out when they're BORED. I've witnessed them do it.

Taking that text serious, until AFTER you've fucked her, is foolish in my opinion, but whatever works for you.

Not trolling in the slightest, but it exudes "I don't give a fuck" which I quite enjoy, and I commonly get replies along the lines of "need a sidekick?/I hope you don't take me prisoner/I like a supervillan"

I think we all took the text serious at a point, but most of us now use it as an opportunity to be utterly ridiculous and distance ourselves from the normal "just having dinner/in my room jacking off" kind of guy.

Keep em coming boys, I'm sure we have some awesome ones on here.

"In my room jacking off"

^money text right there

This type of question is sometimes an opportunity to turn the conversation sexual.

Or redirect the question back to find out something that you want to know.

It can sometimes be a sign that the girl is heavily invested in you, since it means you'll be talking about yourself, not her.

Of course there are exceptions, and she could just be nosey and insecure.

I kind of already knew what you are saying here McQ; however, now that I read it in this thread, I realize that probably, too many times, I have been too literal in answering girls with some kind of serious answer that was responsive to her question(s), more or less.....

I am going to reconsider my possible response(s) and experiment a little more with this.... .

Quote: (06-26-2014 01:01 AM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

I kind of already knew what you are saying here McQ; however, now that I read it in this thread, I realize that probably, too many times, I have been too literal in answering girls with some kind of serious answer that was responsive to her question(s), more or less.....

I am going to reconsider my possible response(s) and experiment a little more with this.... .

This reminds me of a blog post I'm going to do about taking girls literally. Thanks for the unintentional reminder.

Don't text back. Reply hours later, "I was busy, whatsup"

Quote: (06-25-2014 08:03 PM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

So... what are your favourite responses to "what are you doing?"

"You."

Scratch 'n' Sniff

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (06-26-2014 03:55 AM)2014 Wrote:  

Don't text back. Reply hours later, "I was busy, whatsup"

This is what I generally do.

"Something illegal" is what I reply with sometimes.

It has the mystery and badness factors, and seeing as I live in a relatively restrictive country, a lot of the time I am actually breaking some laws.

A line that works well for me is, "Robbing candy stores, you?"

I say something ridiculous such as mentioned above but then I'll tell her I'm at the gym or editing some photos...even if I'm just watching family guy. I hit her with something goofy to make her laugh then dhv by saying I'm doing something interesting or something that improves myself

Quote: (06-26-2014 10:27 AM)Manstrocity Wrote:  

I say something ridiculous such as mentioned above but then I'll tell her I'm at the gym or editing some photos...even if I'm just watching family guy. I hit her with something goofy to make her laugh then dhv by saying I'm doing something interesting or something that improves myself

I like that: " I am doing something that improves myself."

Hehehehehe..

But then you are gonna have to be ready for a follow up... which could be, depending on the circumstances, "wait, wait, I cannot text right now, I am busy." [Image: smile.gif]

"can't say..."

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"- Tyler Durden

I'm liking "pulled a bank heist, need a getaway driver asap".

The consensus is don't take the question seriously, keep the conversation light always.

I can see the different styles coming out of the wood work for different guys on here, some are into trolling, others like being vague and mysterious, and others flat out are honest. Pretty awesome to see all the ways that a man can respond to such a simple question.

Taking a shit

Sitting here desperately waiting for you to text me

Team Nachos

The correct answer is:

'livin the dream'

[Image: banana.gif]

"World Domination", a variation on taking over the world