rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

workouts without gym

workouts without gym

Okay so i'm on holidays in Italy staying in my girlfriends parents house. By 10 am it's + 35 degrees outside. There is no gym available. Does anyone has any recomandations what excercises i can do?

Ps: durring night when it cools down i go for run but i couldn't even find pullup bar here.

workouts without gym

All the usual stuff you could do in a prison cell [Image: lol.gif]. Also, if they sell the 5L water bottles there, those are good for various exercises...overhead lifts, tie two together and use for curls, etc. Do you have a playground or outdoor gym area around you? Those usually have pull up bars, dip bars, etc. At the least, find a tree branch or ledge that you could do some pull ups on. Just look around your room/place. I do dips with a chair and the end of my bed frame and calf raises on my patio stoop.

You may also look into Convict Conditioning. I haven't tried it, but it seems popular for no-equipment exercising.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

workouts without gym

On your phone or tablet get the Bodyweight Training: You are Your Own Gym app. https://www.marklauren.com/apps.html

It is a couple of bucks, but worth it.

Although I have built up a decent home gym in the last two years, I still use a lot of these.

workouts without gym

pushups, burpees, situps, air squats, sprints, handstand pushups, back bridges(the wheel yoga pose), run up stairs, hill sprints, mountain climbers, pulls ups if you have a bar, plyometrics(google it)...

workouts without gym

Try to get an "iron gym" pull-up bar. Easy enough to travel with and put on a door even in hotel rooms.

workouts without gym

Just do calisthenics mate.
I have a pull up bar and a dumbbell at home. When I don't go to the gym I just train at home.
For dips I just use two chairs

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates

workouts without gym

Pull ups

Push ups, squats, wall sits, mountain climbers, dumbell lounges if you have a dumbell.

You can do most of this workout at home http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/new-year...day-1.html

The rewards I see from working is what made me an addict.
There's way more people that want it than people that have it.

workouts without gym

Quote: (06-24-2014 10:54 AM)Vaun Wrote:  

pushups, burpees, situps, air squats, sprints, handstand pushups, back bridges(the wheel yoga pose), run up stairs, hill sprints, mountain climbers, pulls ups if you have a bar, plyometrics(google it)...

All of the above done tabata style (20 seconds of high intensity work followed by 10 seconds rest).

8 rounds of the same thing repeat for four different exercises or mash up and do 8 rounds of four exercises one after another.

These 15 minutes will smash you pretty badly if you work hard.

workouts without gym

A friend of mine was in police academy and got jacked from doing nothing but bodyweight exercises. A lot of the above exercises people mentioned are great for that.

Also, if space or equipment is an issue try some yoga. I've sort of gotten into it through some Youtube videos and a lot of the strength-building exercises are pretty tough on you and even 20 minutes of it will kick your ass.

workouts without gym

Every bit of advice the posters above have given is gold.
I definitely second PresidentCarter's reference, Convict Conditioning as a great guide.
It's certainly given me great results after a year and a half.

-I think you'd have no problems with push-up variations, mountain climbers, squats, spinal bridging & burpees as they are 'do anywhere' moves.

-If you don't have a ledge, stairs, tree branch or pull-up bar within reach, you can open a sturdy door & do lat pull ups at the top (similar to how you may have seen Army recruits going above an obstacle wall).

-get a small daypack or backpack & fill it with books or rocks or water bottles etc & do a series of pushups, squats, Turkish get-ups or pull-ups & hangs. You'll get a great cardio & muscle workout.

-animal based moves like bear crawls, crocodile & spider crawls etc.

workouts without gym

Take a "burpee" and add a push-up to it. It's called an "8 count bodybuilder". Done correctly, it hits shoulders, chest, calves, core, and cardio pretty hard. If you can do more than 20 at one time, you are doing pretty well. It's not for bulking, per se, but it tones like a mother fucker. We do these in Muay Thai a lot.

workouts without gym

Ross Enamaits : Never Gymless is a great resource.

If you don't want to fork money over for the book, I suppose you could use one of his earlier books : The Underground Guide to Warrior Fitness. For whatever reason, it's free online in pdf form. I don't see the book for sale on his website and all the ones on Amazon are the original spiral bound copy for about 70 bucks. Google is your friend, you should find it in the first couple links. Some of his information seems a bit outdated, but the exercises contained in the book are pretty basic and the routines work just fine for everyone.

That's just for bodyweight exercises, if you're into working out with bands (like strandpulling), sandbags, odd object lifting, or whatever then let me know or refer to the rosstraining website. He has a lot of quality information and his e books aren't much more than 20 bucks.

Convict Conditioning is cool and all, but the set/rep schemes are ridiculously low in volume and some of the progressions (like for the single leg squat) are poorly thought out.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

workouts without gym

Hannibal has some pretty good advice. I was going to mention something similar.