rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South Dakota or Austin/San Marcos Texas

I really do not want to move to south dakota with my family. I have to make a choice. Move to south dakota, or move to the austin/san marcos area of texas. it would be alot easier if i moved with my parents up there as they would supply me with an apartment, but i just cant get over the fact that the weather blows more dick than a slut in Oak Cliff and the girls there are of the lowest quality.

Has anyone lived or have a friend that lives in south dakota that could give me any info that make moving there more enticing?

I can't comment on South Dakota, but I ve been to North Dakota a few times (Fargo, Grand Forks).

I can confirm the weather is cold. The girls are just ok, but very, very easy. They don't get a lot of people visitors or people moving there, so you will be a novelty.

Meanwhile, Austin, Texas is place well known for hot girls and warm weather. Never been, but have always wanted to go. My advice is go south.

I haven't made it to ND, but I been to MO. There is a weird "small village" feeling there, you talked to a girl and next day the whole town knows you by name. It kinda sucks. Girls are easier than in Bay Area, but WASP only, and most aren't attractive, I had to keep myself from trying to make excuse and leave. They are, however, horny as hell, and they fuck well. A lot of overweight girls as well, which surprised me.

Is this a serious question? I'm in houston so you already know what my vote is.

Austin?

Never been to austin but I have lots of friends that used to live there and they all loved it. I've never heard anyone say a bad word about austin.

There’s a few things that would help us give better advice.

How old are you? What do you want to work in? What are your goals? Is family important to you?

Never been to SD, I know one Colombian woman who moved there, and I think she’s bored, though I am guessing culture shock is a big part of that. Nevertheless, seriously, South Dakota? You can’t go to Mount Rushmore everyday.

Austin is an American treasure. Live music everywhere, Tex-mex food, barbecue, good beer, hot college girls, as well as other Texan girls with pleasant accents who still call you honey but were not reactionary enough for the rest of Texas.

For me, the choice is obvious, but maybe you want to go camping a lot, or do other outdoorsy things. But all things being equal, Austin by a mile.

Austin, hands down. Grew up there... it is not like the rest of Texas. It's a great city.

I went for an extended vacation to Austin and it is a great city. Lots of women are in shape as Austin is the most health conscious city in Texas.

Austin is fun for a weekend but I would never live there. I've never met anyone from South Dakota or even heard anything about it in my life.

I've heard way more bad things about living in Houston than I have Austin.

And this came from both people that live in Houston and those who have visited. But it all boils down to you and your personality and preferences.

I can say that during my 9 month visit to Austin, i had a chance to talk to many locals and only found 1 or 2 who didn't love the city.

I try to stay away from "this place is better than that place" type arguments because it all depends on the individual, but the great thing about the internet is that you can find out all the important details about any place before you go.

Quote: (02-18-2011 01:30 PM)Tbone Wrote:  

I've heard way more bad things about living in Houston than I have Austin.

And this came from both people that live in Houston and those who have visited. But it all boils down to you and your personality and preferences.

I can say that during my 9 month visit to Austin, i had a chance to talk to many locals and only found 1 or 2 who didn't love the city.

I try to stay away from "this place is better than that place" type arguments because it all depends on the individual, but the great thing about the internet is that you can find out all the important details about any place before you go.
Houston is a weird city. Its the 4th biggest in the country but u gotta know where to go and what's going on if you want to have fun. Definetly not a tourist city, you HAVE to drive far here to do anything. If you want to make money, live here and vacation somewhere else. I'm not even sure why u brought Houston into the mix.

Austin used to be waaaay different. "Keep austin weird" doesn't apply to it anymore

a topic near and dear to my heart. im from south dakota originally...born and raised, now in Minneapolis. where in SD specifically? sioux falls isn't horrible, and neither is spearfish...but neither hold a candle to Austin / regular US locales. i dont plan on ever returning. the winters are dreadful. the people that like south dakota a. farm b. hunt c. conservatives d. hate unamerican things. bonus? no state income tax...??

if you have any questions let me know.

< site currently trashed >

Not sure where in south dakota id move to, but im almost positive that im moving to the austin area now.

I am 20 years old and family is important to me but i think its time to we go our separate ways. Missing my little brother grow up is going to suck some major elephant balls, i know ill miss the home cooked meals and all the other perks of living so close to my parents. I just cant get over how much better Austin is for someone my age as opposed to South Dakota.

Are you moving to Austin by yourself or with some friends?

Thought I would bump this thread as Deebow and I are teaming up in South Dakota (Sioux Falls) this coming weekend to slay some local, thick white girls. [Image: smile.gif]

If anyone has inside intel on local gamin' strategies in South Dakota, let us know...otherwise, we'l let you guys know soon enough.

Mixx