rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Daybang - personal questions early?

So, as i was reading Daybang i wondered what Roosh means by rambling/elderly/nonpersonal chat?

Whats exactly a non personal question? does he not ask questions during this eldery chat? i wanna know what is exactly a personal question, i mean any question i ask her based on her responses on my small bait is personal no?!

for example i told some girl about a projekt im doing with my sister, and shes giving me like nothing to work with...
-> she responds what projekt etc, i made some shit up ( not though about the bait prior to making it up -.- ), told her that my sis wants to open a horseschool etc, i though i can easily talk about horses since my ex- was big into riding etc so i had knowledge, but she just didnt respond to it. She said something like hm okey, then good luck!

She was super shy and i dont know how to break those defenses lol

heres the question: in that situation cant i like ask why she doesnt like horses, if she likes other animals etc??? or would those questions be considered personal?

You're supposed to bait her into asking personal questions with carefully pre thought out bait. Multiple in fact so you can choose one that seems most relevant. It's in the big bait section around page 55.

Quote: (06-04-2014 08:25 AM)DasTier Wrote:  

So, as i was reading Daybang i wondered what Roosh means by rambling/elderly/nonpersonal chat?

Whats exactly a non personal question? does he not ask questions during this eldery chat? i wanna know what is exactly a personal question, i mean any question i ask her based on her responses on my small bait is personal no?!

Personal questions are exactly what they sound like: questions involving her or her life specifically. Most girls would find it unnerving if a stranger were to ask them where they're from, what they like to do for fun, or where they work within minutes of meeting them. It "scares the cat," so to speak.

The point of rambling/elderly chat is twofold: it allows the girl to gradually warm up to the idea of chatting with a stranger, and shows her (through your body language, mannerisms, vocal intonation, etc.) that you're a confident, attractive, non-weird guy.

The topic you choose for your elderly chat is for the most part unimportant. It's simply a vehicle for you to display confidence and social savviness. Once she becomes comfortable talking with you, you can transition into more personal topics.

A good way to start out is by using physical props in the environment to begin a conversation. If you're in line at the grocery store, comment on the tasty food she's got in her cart. If you're at the library, ask if the book she's reading is any good. If you're at the gym, ask her where she got her cool water bottle.

Chit-chatting in this fashion shows her that you're a normal guy who understands how to socialize. Once you've established this baseline rapport, you can start dropping bait and working on getting her to invest in the conversation.