rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Looks?....who needs that?...just sell a dream.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that having good looks (which I don't think I have) does play a role in attracting women.

Me?

I just use the 'ole "present myself as good provider with the house, picket fence kids and two dogs". After I bang, I catch amnesia. Pretty damn easy to do when you live in places like Washington DC with a very favorable women-to-men ratio...or when you visit countries where you are just about instantly rich. I use the same 'ole template convo....talk about career, college and travel.

I see a lot of posts where guys are worrying about every minute detail of their looks. Just attack the "pressure areas" of women that have been around for 100 years. Women are pretty much told to one be married and be a Mom and all that stuff. Play to that.

Well, there are many ways to skin a cat. I assume you just subtly work these things into the conversation instead of bragging about it right? Because I have all that stuff coming out of my ass, but have so far not really attempted to leverage everything I have. Are you in DC as well?

Quote: (02-14-2011 09:40 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Well, there are many ways to skin a cat. I assume you just subtly work these things into the conversation instead of bragging about it right? Because I have all that stuff coming out of my ass, but have so far not really attempted to leverage everything I have. Are you in DC as well?

Yes, I am in DC.

Of course I don't brag about it. During the normal course of conversation, it will come out. At the same time, who you target plays a role. With an 18-25 year old, all that house/fence/college stuff does not matter because they just want to have fun also. Now when you are mingling with females age 28, 29.....30's, mid-30's, well they probably have the current issue of "Bride" magazine.

Now that is the DC area....where you have women in $700,000 homes, college degrees on their walls and lonely. Take that same approach to some international locations and it intensifies. I made a killing in Toronto with that approach and those Canadian women.

Quote: (02-14-2011 10:00 AM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

Of course I don't brag about it. During the normal course of conversation, it will come out. At the same time, who you target plays a role. With an 18-25 year old, all that house/fence/college stuff does not matter because they just want to have fun also. Now when you are mingling with females age 28, 29.....30's, mid-30's, well they probably have the current issue of "Bride" magazine.

Most guys here are focused on the 18-25 age range. If an attractive late 20s or 30s woman comes along, great, but I am not going to target her. Even though I am in that age range myself. To get those women you are talking about, one doesn't really have to do much to be honest. Just be clean, have most of your hair, not fat, and have a job. That's about it really.

Most of my game is not taking the girl seriously. When it comes to talking about my career, college, what suburb I live in, whether I live the jet-set life, and when am I buying my home, I usually give the most ridiculous replies that pop into my head. My goal is to make fun of her, laugh with her, and funny-man my way to her funbags. Funbags are fun. But I digress.

One of the first things I learnt about selling myself is to not brag about these particular things because this is all an average cubicle-dwelling yuppie beta talks about. I learnt to treat a girl's questions like a joke and let her *discover* my achievements. I live in the bay area, where everyone's life revolves around work. Hence demonstrating high value using my career achievements seems like a race to the bottom.

So, I am quite interested in How UrbanNerd sells his "provider"-qualities to spin women into a love-trance. I assume he's targeting chicks looking for something *stable* and *long term* etc. (so not college floozies, which is fine).

@UrbanNerd: What's the tone of your game early on when you open and attract the girl? How do you strengthen her attraction with these provider qualities.

I would think that UrbanNerd's game of playing to her provider seeking would mean that she withholds sex so as to not look like a slut. UrbanNerd, how many dates do you typically go on before first sex?

Well...

One poster mentioned that most "target" chicks would be 18-25, so my "game" or "approach" would be more challenging for me because at that young age, it is more about the "social and physical" than being a provider or marriage material. Since everyone has a "target age", my business picked up once I was in my mid/late 20's...where the women at that age are not as much into "social/physical" as they are into who is established.

The key to all of this?...One needs to either live or visit places where you would be in the smaller pool of men who is established. For years, I made a "killing" in Toronto because there were not enough established men to go around for all of the available women. The same pretty much goes for the area I live in...Washington DC.

As far as first sex? The chick gets 2 weeks or 3 visits...whichever comes first. After that, she has to pretty much contact me to get continue anything else because by then I have moved on to the next chick. Of course, I am leveraging living in a city where there are WAY more available women than men.

UN,

What are some of the venues you go to (aside from daygame)? I recently realized there's a fairly popular bar (from what I can tell) near where I work downtown that I need to check out during happy hour (right next to Metro Center).

Quote: (02-20-2011 11:02 AM)Menace Wrote:  

UN,

What are some of the venues you go to (aside from daygame)? I recently realized there's a fairly popular bar (from what I can tell) near where I work downtown that I need to check out during happy hour (right next to Metro Center).

I think I know the bar you are talking about. I like Sequoia's during the summer. Right now I am bad with bar names but the Dupont Circle area has one or two and I like to hit Georgetown bars.

Although I will visit the "First Friday type" events, I do like some diversity or ethnic backgrounds, so that is why I like the Sequoia's and Georgetown area bars.

I will be back with some names after I make a few calls.

"that smaller pool of men" is a really good point.

standing out and confidently being different can be very effective. As long as youre heroicly fresh and unassuming( a dimension of my style)

the only example everyone can understand is in 'not another teen movie' with the cheerleader choosing the weird bag guy

Alpha on accident

This thread was helpful to me, and when I looked into the topic a bit more, I found that none other than Roissy wrote about it a couple years ago! Good stuff! (But it is dishonest since you have to misrepresent yourself)

http://roissy.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/f...-provider/

Quote: (04-24-2011 11:55 PM)Chaz Wrote:  

This thread was helpful to me, and when I looked into the topic a bit more, I found that none other than Roissy wrote about it a couple years ago! Good stuff! (But it is dishonest since you have to misrepresent yourself)

http://roissy.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/f...-provider/

Women are dishonest, so why should you be any different?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (02-14-2011 08:50 AM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

Don't get me wrong, I understand that having good looks (which I don't think I have) does play a role in attracting women.

Me?

I just use the 'ole "present myself as good provider with the house, picket fence kids and two dogs". After I bang, I catch amnesia. Pretty damn easy to do when you live in places like Washington DC with a very favorable women-to-men ratio...or when you visit countries where you are just about instantly rich. I use the same 'ole template convo....talk about career, college and travel.

I see a lot of posts where guys are worrying about every minute detail of their looks. Just attack the "pressure areas" of women that have been around for 100 years. Women are pretty much told to one be married and be a Mom and all that stuff. Play to that.

This is good advice. I'm going to let this seep through when I hit up the older chix..

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Good point, Moma. I agree that anything goes in the honesty/dishonesty department, regarding women!