rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Yellow collar stains on your oxford shirts?

I have some good quality brand shirts that I've had for a while and keep in good condition except the collar. It seems like I can't get rid of the yellow stains on the collar line. They are clearly visible and people notice, so since I like to dress sharp, what should I do?

Replace them or look for a specialty cleaner?
I've tried leaving detergent on the collar and scrubbing it, but they stains are still visible even though a bit lighter. Anyone else have this problem?

Quote: (06-02-2014 10:01 PM)Freedom Wrote:  

I have some good quality brand shirts that I've had for a while and keep in good condition except the collar. It seems like I can't get rid of the yellow stains on the collar line. They are clearly visible and people notice, so since I like to dress sharp, what should I do?

I've tried leaving detergent on the collar and scrubbing it, but they stains are still visible even though a bit lighter. Anyone else have this problem?

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum...irt-collar

http://www.styleforum.net/t/24569/best-w...rom-collar

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

1) Get oxyclean.
2) Add enough water to it in a cup so it has the consistency of toothpaste.
3) Spread it over the stains and let it sit for about 30 mins.
4) Rinse the dry paste off and launder the shirts.

This works on yellow pit stains (cause by the aluminum in deodorant) too.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

I do tend to get yellow collar and armpit stains on my white shirts (and I don't use deodorant, so I don't believe in the deodorant = armpit stain story).

I've realised that the yellow colour builds up over time and it's important to treat the shirts regularly with a stain remover, and not just was them.

I use a product called Vanish:
[Image: vanish_oxi_action_max_500gr.jpg?w=212&h=300]

You can make it into a past initially like GoldinBoy said, but it's also necessary to add it to your laundry powder with every wash, to keep the shirts white over the long run.

My dry cleaner gets rid of these stains completely. I just point out the stains and ask him to remove them.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Quote: (06-02-2014 11:42 PM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

I do tend to get yellow collar and armpit stains on my white shirts (and I don't use deodorant, so I don't believe in the deodorant = armpit stain story).
That's what I thought as well, but since nobody places deodorant on their neck, the yellow comes from something else?

Quote: (06-03-2014 09:49 AM)Freedom Wrote:  

Quote: (06-02-2014 11:42 PM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

That's what I thought as well, but since nobody places deodorant on their neck, the yellow comes from something else?
It's apparently due to urea, the same chemical that makes your pee yellow.

Dry cleaner, $2/per...urea, maybe, but also shit loads of skin cells that rub off. Didn't know oxyclean can get pit stains out...didn't know anything could

might get less dirty if you pop it...
[Image: 5amd07.gif]

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

scrub your neck when you shower. the collar will get less shit in it.

The only effective solution that I have found is to soak the shirt in a concentrated mixture of oxygen bleach.

Fill a container with hot water, and mix in as much as it'll dissolve, soak the shirt until all the stains disappear and wash out all the product with water.

I've found that using a nail brush and scrubbing with regular detergent or an oxiclean solution will take care of most stains.

More aggressive stains or a really filthy shirt could probably benefit from the method outlined here:

http://putthison.com/post/441812762/cleaningshirts

What you need is

1) bluing

http://www.amazon.com/Mrs-Stewarts-Bluin...B001NEMV3Q

or

2) special laundry soap

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shir.../28112.jsp

What players do?

They take it to the cleaners. Cleaners handle "Ring Around the Collar" all day long. 1-2 per shirt? And I don't have to spend an hour ironing it my damn self? SOLD.

Unless you're paying over 300-600 a shirt, it really doesn't make sense to wash and press. I take my made to measure $180 joints to cleaners all the time. (or I did when I used wear them fairly regularly)

WIA