rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Science questions: Quantum and Plasma

I'm starting to read and try and understand all of the math to quantum physics but its pretty complex for my small mind, just the concepts themselves are complicated... anyway I know there are smarter, more educated people out there than I... so hopefully someone can answer a few questions I have.

If matter/anti-matter is created in a vacum, how can we stop it from annhilating one another without stopping time?

Is there a way to isolate anti-matter at all?

Is anti-matter affected by gravity?

I was once witness to ball lightining in Mexico a green sphere with what looked like blue lights coming out of it and a red one both neon.. what gases were those and how much electricity would be needed to get those gases to glow like that. The ones I saw looked like this:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/vi...hspart=ddc

and appeared to drop something or split up. The red one seemed to pop up out of the field near to where I was standing and slowly ascend into the air. The green one had aleady been in the air hovering quietly for several minutes before I noticed the red one. This occured in Toluca, Mexico at a small part of town called Metepec near the base of the volcano. The locals say they are witches. [Image: smile.gif] Anyway my questions here is what would attract those types of lighting? If lighting is attracted to metal, shouldn't ball lightining also be attracted to a lightining rod? If so would there be a way to control that and what determines how long something like that stays in existence. The ones I watched stuck around for what seemed like an hour before ascending into the sky. Some people say they are OVNI's (UFOs) some say lightining, whatever the case may be, if they are lightining related, I'd like to understand how to attract or replicate what I saw that night.

Quote: (05-27-2014 12:54 AM)BadWolf Wrote:  

I'm starting to read and try and understand all of the math to quantum physics but its pretty complex for my small mind, just the concepts themselves are complicated... anyway I know there are smarter, more educated people out there than I... so hopefully someone can answer a few questions I have.

If matter/anti-matter is created in a vacum, how can we stop it from annhilating one another without stopping time?

Is there a way to isolate anti-matter at all?

Is anti-matter affected by gravity?

I was once witness to ball lightining in Mexico a green sphere with what looked like blue lights coming out of it and a red one both neon.. what gases were those and how much electricity would be needed to get those gases to glow like that. The ones I saw looked like this:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/vi...hspart=ddc

and appeared to drop something or split up. The red one seemed to pop up out of the field near to where I was standing and slowly ascend into the air. The green one had aleady been in the air hovering quietly for several minutes before I noticed the red one. This occured in Toluca, Mexico at a small part of town called Metepec near the base of the volcano. The locals say they are witches. [Image: smile.gif] Anyway my questions here is what would attract those types of lighting? If lighting is attracted to metal, shouldn't ball lightining also be attracted to a lightining rod? If so would there be a way to control that and what determines how long something like that stays in existence. The ones I watched stuck around for what seemed like an hour before ascending into the sky. Some people say they are OVNI's (UFOs) some say lightining, whatever the case may be, if they are lightining related, I'd like to understand how to attract or replicate what I saw that night.

There is a way to isolate antimatter, but it is very difficult. You can read about anti-hydrogen for more information but the short of it is that antimatter is normally produced in very energy collisions and so antimatter particles tend to come into existence with too much kinetic energy to control successfully, so they end up slamming into matter and annihilating.

Antimatter is affected by all the fundamental forces that matter is affected by, so electromagnetic fields and gravity affect antimatter in exactly the same way they affect matter. The strong and weak nuclear forces also affect antimatter in the same way. The difference between matter and antimatter that most people are familiar with is that antimatter particles have the opposite charge of their matter counterpart. So antielectrons (positrons) are positively charged and will move in the opposite direction of electrons if subjected to an electric field. Positrons have the exact same mass as electrons so both will be pulled by the earth's gravity with exactly the same force.

Ball lightning is poorly understood so anything I could write about that would be just speculation. The "lightning" in ball lightning is just a term added because it resembles lightning superficially but no one has proved or disproved if ball lightning is composed of anything similar to lightning at all.

Source: Years wasted getting a PhD in physics

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

[Image: 77ea4db15e8f9a9762140ec7042696f056abe142...eb0541.jpg]