rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

HPV and head and neck cancer in men

I just thought I would post a little public service announcement.

I am not sure about the average guy, but I love going down on a lady. In fact, it is always my goal to make her cum at least once or twice before my penis every gets in the picture. Part of this is because I usually have sex with chicks I really like on an emotional level (sorry guys), second - I get off watching them get off, and lastly, it takes all the performance anxiety out of the picture. After they have had a couple of strong organisms from oral, they are begging for straight sex and the engine has been fully primed and lubicated.

Anywho, the point of this is the EXPLOSION of head and neck cancers that are occurring in men that are caused by HPV. Granted, most head and neck cancers in men are caused by smoking, and the guys tend to be older.

However, there is an incredible rise in head and neck cancers in younger men (usually mid to later 30s and 40, maybe early 50s) that is caused by HPV infection in their throat, most likely from oral sex years earlier, maybe even 10 years earlier.

Since I am a man who has probably gone down on a few girls I shouldn't have, I am pretty vigilant about this, mostly checking for any swollen lymph nodes. I don't worry about it on a daily basis, since my risk is probably a little lower based upon the type of girls I usually date, but I just thought I would share this with the community as an FYI.

I had two close friends get this in the same month, both married for over ten years, and monogamous. One in his 40s, the other in his 50s. The surgery and radiation effects can be awful. I don't see this issue getting the attention in the press that is probably should, but in the oncology community, this is a huge issue.

Who says these cancers are caused from HPV? Please provide reliable source.

Quote: (05-26-2014 08:24 AM)travolta Wrote:  

Who says these cancers are caused from HPV? Please provide reliable source.

While correlation does not prove causation, it is rather suspicious that HPV can so consistently be cultured from oropharyngeal cancers.

Here's a recent study for you:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24845262

Michael Douglas claims his throat cancer originated from licking Catherine Zeta Jones' pussy.

HPV is the medical name for cooties [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

All the tumors are tested for the HPV virus and the causation is settled science. (I understand the concept of association or correlation vs causation).

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/kimmel_ca..._neck/HPV/

This isn't even a topic of debate in the medical community, it is established causation just the way HPV causes cervical cancer.

HPV head and neck cancers are exploding, but theyre so small to be a concern anyway

Quote: (05-26-2014 11:48 AM)clever alias Wrote:  

HPV head and neck cancers are exploding, but theyre so small to be a concern anyway

You mean small in incidence or small in size? I assume you meant the former.

There are hundreds of strains of HPV, only a very small amount of those cause cervical cancer in women, or head/neck cancers in men. Most people have a strain, you're really not avoiding it, but the strains that are cancer causing are extremely rare. Nothing really to worry about.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Quote: (05-26-2014 11:50 AM)ohionukes Wrote:  

Quote: (05-26-2014 11:48 AM)clever alias Wrote:  

You mean small in incidence or small in size? I assume you meant the former.

Pretty sure he meant small in incidence.

Is it possible to get head and neck cancer from oral sex? Yes. Is it likely? No.

If you want to start worrying about things like that you might as well start getting concerned every time you are in a car or you get on a plane. It's not worth the worry in my opinion. Also, cancers caused by HPV are more treatable than those caused by smoking.

If you REALLY want to pursue it, and you are still young enough to have not been exposed to all the HPV strains out there, you could try and get vaccinated against HPV. You will have to pay for it yourself though, not something your insurance will cover.

the number of sexually active people with hpv is between 90 and 100%. it almost never shows symptoms nor progresses to cancer. the incidence of hpv head and neck cancer could increase by a whole order or magnitude and it would still not be a considerable health risk

Quote: (05-26-2014 02:41 AM)ohionukes Wrote:  

I am not sure about the average guy, but I love going down on a lady. In fact, it is always my goal to make her cum at least once or twice before my penis every gets in the picture. Part of this is because I usually have sex with chicks I really like on an emotional level (sorry guys), second - I get off watching them get off, and lastly, it takes all the performance anxiety out of the picture. After they have had a couple of strong organisms from oral, they are begging for straight sex and the engine has been fully primed and lubicated.

Anywho, the point of this is the EXPLOSION of head and neck cancers that are occurring in men that are caused by HPV. Granted, most head and neck cancers in men are caused by smoking, and the guys tend to be older.

However, there is an incredible rise in head and neck cancers in younger men (usually mid to later 30s and 40, maybe early 50s) that is caused by HPV infection in their throat, most likely from oral sex years earlier, maybe even 10 years earlier.

Since I am a man who has probably gone down on a few girls I shouldn't have, I am pretty vigilant about this, mostly checking for any swollen lymph nodes. I don't worry about it on a daily basis, since my risk is probably a little lower based upon the type of girls I usually date, but I just thought I would share this with the community as an FYI.

I had two close friends get this in the same month, both married for over ten years, and monogamous. One in his 40s, the other in his 50s. The surgery and radiation effects can be awful. I don't see this issue getting the attention in the press that is probably should, but in the oncology community, this is a huge issue.

You are absolutely correct: those in the oncology community know this and it does get a lot of press in the medical literature (not so much in the popular press).

HPV as a cause of head and neck cancers (mostly we are talking about tonsil and base of tongue cancer here) is really a big area of research right now. Fact is these HPV associated cancers are growing in incidence. This is at the same time that tobacco associated head and neck cancers are declining in incidence. Another fact is that they are mostly (not always) in men rather than women. Another fact is that HPV associated cancers actually are usually more curable than those that are not HPV associated, but still you don't want them.

The causative role of certain HPV strains in these cancers is essentially established. Unknowns remain however, basically, what specifically are the risk factors we are talking about. Oral sex is likely one. Contracting it through vaginal sex that then is somehow passed to the mouth and throat through other means is a possibility too. It is not yet known if you can contract oral HPV from kissing. Also, it is true that lots (most) people contract some kind of HPV infection over their life but the vast majority will not get cancer from this. Why do some people get the cancer and others not? Part of it has to do with the strain of HPV- some are more liely to cause cancer than others.

There is no screening test for head and neck cancers (unlike cervical cancer where there is a very effective screen - PAP Smears).

Anyway, bottom line there are lots of unknowns here - but keep your eyes and ears our for more data in the coming years. Yes this is a serious issue.

We should create a troll meme warning men to avoid cunnilingus due to the HPV/cancer risk.

"Stick it, don't lick it."

Quote: (05-26-2014 02:59 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

If you REALLY want to pursue it, and you are still young enough to have not been exposed to all the HPV strains out there, you could try and get vaccinated against HPV. You will have to pay for it yourself though, not something your insurance will cover.

I checked into this with my doctor a year or so ago and he told me that the vaccine was more effective for guys in not transmitting the cervical cancer causing strains to women, not necessarily stopping the strains that could cause the cancer in men. Just a thought

Quote: (05-27-2014 12:44 AM)assman Wrote:  

"Stick it, don't lick it."

Well said.

I have no way of proving this just yet but the explosion of head and neck cancers are more than likely caused by cell phones... It has been roughly 10 years since everyone has had a cellphone and now I think we are seeing the harmful side effects of it

If you have noticed most manufacturers have been putting warnings in their manuals about not operating a phone closer than an 1" to your head.

The link to HPV is more than likely just coincidence since there are 100's of strains of the shit floating around. Dudes have been going down on chicks for millennia without their tonsils blowing up

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

Pretty sure there is a vaccine for HPV now. Just get that and it's one less thing you have to worry about.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

If you are under the age of 26, you can get Gardasil which is the immunization against HPV. It is a series of 3 shots.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Clicked on the thread because I've read this just yesterday: Cancer Bursting Nanobubbles Prove Effectiveness in Preclinical Trials.
This new technique in development is particularly indicated for head and neck cancers. So if like OP you know people affected by such cancers, tip them on that - clinical trials take a long time, but they might get to participate.

Quote: (06-09-2014 11:21 AM)objectivist tree Wrote:  

If you are under the age of 26, you can get Gardasil which is the immunization against HPV. It is a series of 3 shots.

Any significance about being under 26 specifically?

Quote: (06-09-2014 04:21 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2014 11:21 AM)objectivist tree Wrote:  

Any significance about being under 26 specifically?

That is what it is indicated by the FDA. Insurance companies wont cover outside what the FDA indicates a drug for.

The reason age 26 is chosen is because your average person is probably sexually active and by 26 years old will have likely already been exposed to the virus. Many men are carriers of HPV though only a very tiny percentage actually show symptoms i.e. genital warts. Once you've already been exposed, the vaccine wont be effective.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Quote: (05-26-2014 02:41 AM)ohionukes Wrote:  

I think a lot of guys on here are redpilled about the pharma drug industry. Basically, big pharma drugs do not cure your disease, they only suppress the symptoms.

I've done a shitload of research into alternative cures for cancer. The four main cures seem to be as follows

- baking soda
- curcumin (extract of turmeric)
-garlic
-cow urine (the active ingredient in many ayurvedic medicines)

Cancer is something that we should be constantly trying to prevent. It's not that we should start taking drugs or cures AFTER we get cancer. We should be actively trying to prevent it from ever developing in the first place.

If you take curcumin extract pills daily, take cow urine once a week, and do a stomach garlic cleanse once a week, the chances of you getting cancer is almost nil. And if you follow a clean, organic, and preferably vegetarian lifestyle along with that, there's pretty much no way you can get cancer.

As for chemo? You can google "chemotherapy causes cancer" and there's a lot of evidence to support that. Just remember, big pharma profits off of you being sick. They do not make money from natural cures which is why they try to suppress such things.

I got the Gardisil vaccine before I went to college. If you're young, it wouldn't hurt to get the vaccine. Very low cost and easily worth the prevention.

I need to get all of my shots updated too.

Quote: (06-10-2014 01:33 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

I got the Gardisil vaccine before I went to college. If you're young, it wouldn't hurt to get the vaccine. Very low cost and easily worth the prevention.

Definitely agree - I am just too old for it now.

Here is an interesting new article.

http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/n...tudy-finds

Quote: (10-08-2014 09:04 PM)ohionukes Wrote:  

Quote: (06-10-2014 01:33 PM)frenchie Wrote:  

Definitely agree - I am just too old for it now.

Here is an interesting new article.

http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/n...tudy-finds

You should still be able to get it. Insurers just won't cover it over a certain age and you'll have to pay out of pocket. An epidemiologist I know (in his 40s) got it himself and recommends that everyone get it.