rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Finally a false rape accusation gets punished a bit..

Far too often women make false rape allegations, ruin peoples lives, put them in prison and then are let off with a slap on teh wrist. Assuming it's blatant lying and not a more complicated he said she said thing I think women should have to serve whatever prison sentence the man would have had to serve. While not that just, this is finally an example of a women being punished for making false accusations.

The woman who falsely accused football star Brian Banks of raping her is being forced to pay big time.

A judge has ordered that the woman pay $2.6 million to Banks for ruining his life with false allegations. The lies caused him to lose numerous scholarship offers to college and also led to a prison sentence of over five years.

Wanetta Gibson told lies to authorities when she accused Banks of assaulting her when the two attended Long Beach Poly High, where Banks was both a student and football star.

After the conviction, the girl sued the school district and received $1.5 million. The conviction was overturned when Gibson was secretly recorded admitting that she made the whole thing up.

Years later, Gibson confessed and Banks was released. The woman is being forced to repay a $750,000 settlement to the school, plus attorneys fees, interest and another $1 million in punitive damages.

Quote: (05-24-2014 01:13 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

A judge has ordered that the woman pay $2.6 million to Banks for ruining his life with false allegations.

[Image: clap.gif]

Men:1

Quote:MtnMan Wrote:  
Life is definitely too short to go without dome.

Great. Got a fine because she extracted millions from a school. She should be 5 years or more in jail in addition to the fine.

That "punishment" is as if a bank robber has to repay his loot if he gets caught. In that case there would be hundreds of thousands of bank robberies yearly by dudes who have little to lose. Fuck the system!

Agreed tenfold. That is a slanderous allegation that ruined a man's career and life. There should be far more punishment than a simple repayment of the money she received plus some. At least as many years in prison as he served would be extremely fair.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Nice to see this happen, but the punishment should have included a jail sentence IMO.

Yeah, that money's gone. She'll never have two nickels to rub together.

That girl is plain evil. All these years she knew she utterly destroyed that innocent kid's life (and he had a VERY promising future, btw) and did not care one wit. Instead just basked in the money and public sympathy she garnered from the lie. Anyone who'd do that is surely pulling scams on other innocent people. Financial penalties aren't enough, she needs to go to jail to prevent her from trying to make up the losses simply by victimizing others.

While I am of course happy that some justice was exacted, I can't help but wonder if large fines and/or prison terms should he reserved for false rape accusers who are proven false in ways other than confession. It might send the wrong motivation out there.

If she confessed out of her own guilty conscience and got punished harshly, why would anyone else confess? They better keep their mouth shut forever.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Bitch got what she deserved. Shame about him, it's really sad to see a promising talent go to waste because of a whore.

False rape aligations should be the same punishment as rape.

Quote: (05-25-2014 01:26 PM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Yeah, that money's gone. She'll never have two nickels to rub together.
Yep. Neither the state nor Banks will ever see the money owed them.

Just read the news from my country's source.

I don't think you can just blame her. There would be liers, robbers, killers and all sorts of kind. It's govt's job to prosecute those people and protect innocents.

It was govt's fault to trust that ghetto trashy woman and charged him without solid evidence.

I think he should sue the court and get a good amount of money. When govt is acting stupid, the public has to share the cost. It's our govt after all.