rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

World Cup 2014 Thread

World Cup 2014 Thread

As someone pointed out in the soccer thread, this really deserves its own thread.

Only 26 days, 6 and a half hours till FIFA World Cup kick off.

Who are your favourites and who is your dark horse to win it?

Obvious favourites Spain and Brazil.

My dark horses Uruguay and Argentina.

No world cup in S.America has ever been won by a non south american team.

World Cup 2014 Thread

Everyone has touted the Belgians to be dark horses.

My favorites are Spain and Brazil too. Germany will do well, semi-finals at least but I am not sure if they can win it in Brazil..

Spain with Diego Costa will be dangerous but Brazil have everything to play for.

World Cup 2014 Thread

I fancy Uruguay doing well.

World Cup 2014 Thread

I put Germany to win it all. I think Brazil will get to semi-final as will Spain.

World Cup 2014 Thread

As much as I love and support Germany, they will get to the final/semi final and shit in their hands like they normally do. It's almost a tradition at this point.

U​ of Roosh Class of 2420

World Cup 2014 Thread

[Image: selecao-festa-rafael-ribeiro-cbf.jpg]

World Cup 2014 Thread

Anyone traveling to brazil for the world cup? fottie + hot women to game [Image: banana.gif]

World Cup 2014 Thread

Spain, Germany, Brazil are the top contenders. Belgium, Argentina, both very good squads, but they won't win it. All others team are there for show, with one country surprising by performing way out of their league, like Ukraine, Korea, Uruguay did before.

I might be biased here, but since the world cup became bigger, it allowed many countries to participate who shouldn't be there. The quality per game has been going down for a long time. They do make a good party out of it, which is nice, but sports-wise, I don't care for it.

World Cup 2014 Thread

I think Colombia is going to surprise everybody at this Cup.

World Cup 2014 Thread

I believe this is going to be Argentina and Messi's year. After being forced somewhat into the shadows by Cristiano Ronaldo's form and injury problems, I reckon Lionel Messi is seriously going to be up for this World Cup. Argentina have an easy group and I read somewhere that they will avoid all the Northern hotspots in terms of high temperatures as well. If they can find a way to control games in midfield, they will take some stopping.

Spain will also be up there but I have my doubts about them after Puyol's retirement and Xavi's loss of form. Those two were huge leaders for them and they might be lacking an edge this time around, although Diego Costa will be a shot in the arm for them.

Brazil are always going to be Brazil, but they are lacking firepower for me.

Dark horses Colombia. Falcao, Bacca, Jackson, James, Guarin - a lot of talent in their squad.

World Cup 2014 Thread

For me the only teams from Europe who can win it are Germany and Spain, however, in my opinion neither will.

I cannot see past Argentina and Brazil.......and my money would be on Argentina....

World Cup 2014 Thread

Its going to be one of the usual suspects, one of the countries that have won it in the past.

World Cup 2014 Thread

I think Germany or Brazil takes the cup

World Cup 2014 Thread

At a previous world cup - I saw an article written by an American sports writer.

He had never watched soccer before - and had to watch the world cup and report his opinions.

In the article he made a funny (and accurate) observation.

He said football isn't about scoring goals - more often than not (in the most important games) it is about winning penalties.

He found it amazing that teams could lose matches or win tournaments purely on the basis that a defender made a glancing touch to an attackers leg - 15 yards from the goal.

It is a pretty interesting way of looking at football!

World Cup 2014 Thread

For me:

Brazil; topcandidate but will they be able to deal with such massive pressure?
Germany; topteam, but I dont see them win it, they miss a brilliant attacker
Argentina: defense is not really impressive but with such an attack! also they will be keen to take the cup in Brazil.
Spain: best squad of all without doubt, except all these players are tired; so much games with so much pressure, also Xavi is not in top form anymore

Outsiders:

Uruguay: decent team with the best attack of all, Suarez-Cavani, Brazil has a reputation for having difficulties with Uruguay as well
France: not a bad team at all, pressure is very low, Ribery is top, Pogba/Varane/Benzema, easy group, ... they will go far
Colombia: Falcao is a big factor off course, but their playstyle is ideal against European teams and they have shown in qualifications that they can win from everyone
Chile: outplayed England and Germany recently, very dependent on Vidal and A.Sanchez though
Belgium: my team!! we have excellent players all over, but they are young and unexperienced, we will survive the group and then everything is open, I think we can win and we can lose from everyone. Physically one of the strongest teams for sure as well and with Hazard/De Bruyne/Januzaj we have some magic to display.
Portugal: no one talks about them, but they have quality in every rank and with Ronaldo the current best player in the world.

Good teams but not great:

Switserland, Croatia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Holland, Japan

Teams that could get a serious ass whooping:

Australia, USA, Iran, Honduras, Costa Rica, Greece, South Korea, Algeria

World Cup 2014 Thread

^ Its a bit harsh to put USA, South Korea and Greece in the 'ass whooping' list. They got no chance of winning but can at least give a good account and cause the odd upset. Honduras must be the worst team at the World Cup.

World Cup 2014 Thread

I always rate the USA - their record in world cups is pretty similar to England's.

2010 - they drew against us (England).

And in 1994, 2002 and 2010 they reached the Quarter Finals.

Plus they have qualified for every world cup since 1990.

Not bad...

World Cup 2014 Thread

The USA is a solid team however got an absolutely horrible draw. I would take them to advance in almost any other group but not with Portugal, Germany and the best african nation to deal with

World Cup 2014 Thread

Argentina will get through the first round easily.

But they will come back home in the second round.

Fuck Messy. He wont dispute a ball if his life depends on it, what a fag. "El negro" Teves should be in his position.

World Cup 2014 Thread

I forgot about the USA draw. Real bad luck there.

Still - it will be fun to see your team against some of the best players in the world.

And don't forget - the USA beat Spain back in 2009!

The USA are my second team. I would actually rather see them win the world cup that England - who just continually piss me off.

World Cup 2014 Thread

I also remember USA kicking us out of the world cup, they earned my respect right then.

World Cup 2014 Thread

The only way I see the US advancing is a win against Ghana and a tie against Portugal. Maybe an outside change of a tie against Germany. Group G is the only group I see where all 4 teams are very solid.

Group D has 3 very good teams I see Uruguay advancing then the winner of italy v england the other.

It seems the groups are very unbalanced this cup. Group F is a joke outside Argentina. Same with Group E. Also Brazil has an easy path(as expected).

World Cup 2014 Thread

Spain got beat in their opening game of World Cup 2010 against Switzerland.

A lot of the big countries (including England at every major tournament ever) start off slowly.

So hopefully that will work in America's favour.

World Cup 2014 Thread

Forever an azzuri fan, but I don't think they'll win it again in my lifetime. Atleast I got to see 2006.

My picks for last 4 are Germany Argentina brazil and a surprise team like Belgium or Colombia

World Cup 2014 Thread

I'm waiting to read a huge buildup from the English press about their team going into the World Cup, eventually making them out to be world beaters only to have them play mediocre again and go out on penalties in the quarters against Argentina or whoever. [Image: smile.gif]

I think it's going to be Brazil or Spain, with Germany as a dark horse and maybe Argentina as well.

The US are screwed given their draw...not only did we get Germany and Portugal but also our nemesis Ghana is in the group....ughhh

2015 RVF fantasy football champion