rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Wordpress Lounge

The Wordpress Lounge

I haven't seen a thread yet on good wordpress plugins, and webdesign stuff.

This forum hosts a lot of good bloggers, web designers, and people interested in making content online. Most of those blogs runs wordpress.

I couldn't have made my site without a few people guiding me, but I still have major holes in my knowledge. I only recently found out about the jetpack plugin and all the useful stats about traffic it provides. Likewise, I had a friend who bought the genesis themes, and put them on my site just because I liked the look of them, not realizes all the side benefits they had.

I'm looking to learn more, as my one of summer projects will involve helping some friends put together a website for their company. For this I'm looking for even more useful data and traffic plugins.

This thread for sharing wordpress plugins, web design tips, and general technical and behind the scenes blogging advice. Hopefully, it'll be a standing lounge type thread where people can just share cool stuff they find. Post your favorite plugins and design tips that others might not be aware of.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

The Wordpress Lounge

What is a good source for learning the back-end of Wordpress? Like getting into deep modification. I have a Wordpress site I'm tweaking for a client and if you need something to work/look a very specific way, you have to really dig through the php files. It's rather confusing though. Figuring out how things are all put together. Any suggested tutorials?

The Wordpress Lounge

I'd recommend ThemeFuse for cheap themes & great aftersales service. You can list all your problems & they answer them within 24hrs. It saves you a lot of headache.

My biggest concern with websites/WP are the SEO chores. I just don't want to be bothered w/ 100s of small tweaks to get higher on Google.

Speakeasy,

Tried this? http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/

You can learn some basic PHP at w3schools.com, see the PHP section.

The Wordpress Lounge

I just installed Disqus on my blog. Having trouble importing the old comments though I still have them archived. Anyone encountered this? Suggestions?

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

The Wordpress Lounge

never fully sold on SEO, but after using this for a while I am convinced if you take the simple steps with this plugin in every post you will see better Google ranking for your core keywords.

https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/