rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Drink Recommendation thread

I've always been a beer guy (think Keystone Light, Budweiser) so my taste in drinks is very subpar.

I am looking for personal recommendations from other posters here on what you all believe are the best drinks to

1. order on dates
2. to buy at the grocery and keep at home.

On dates:
My goal is to get loose but not lose control. However, I want the girl to get loose and lose control. What is the best go to drink if you have lets say, 1-1.5 hours in a bar or at a restaurant?

At home:
I am trying to follow the logistics thread here at RVF and I've noticed that sometimes girls will follow you home if you offer good champagne or wine. I want to go about this style. Not to mention, I like champagne as well, but I have very little knowledge about it or experience. What do you all keep at home? What brands, style and other essentials should I know?

Quote: (05-14-2014 01:45 PM)gamre Wrote:  

I've always been a beer guy (think Keystone Light, Budweiser) so my taste in drinks is very subpar.

I am looking for personal recommendations from other posters here on what you all believe are the best drinks to

1. order on dates

On dates:
My goal is to get loose but not lose control. However, I want the girl to get loose and lose control. What is the best go to drink if you have lets say, 1-1.5 hours in a bar or at a restaurant?

At home:
I am trying to follow the logistics thread here at RVF and I've noticed that sometimes girls will follow you home if you offer good champagne or wine. I want to go about this style. Not to mention, I like champagne as well, but I have very little knowledge about it or experience. What do you all keep at home? What brands, style and other essentials should I know?

Girls love bubbly stuff and I suppose they think it make them look classy drinking from a Champagne flute. There have been some great recommendations here for sparkling wines. I usually scan the wine list for a prosecco (Italian sparkling white) and order that for her. It sounds exotic to the uninitiated, goes down easy, and if the girl is slim and petite (if she's not, that's a different problem) it won't take but a couple to get her loosened up.

For yourself - it sounds like you've been mostly a beer drinker. Try a New Castle Brown Ale with a side shot of Woodford Reserve and thank me later. After you've had your first round, switch to bitters and soda and let your girl continue with the prosecco or whatever.

As far as what to keep at home, see above. I'd keep a bottle of prosecco, some spirits and mixers. Keep vodka on hand and don't waste your money on the expensive stuff (Grey Goose). Seek out a bottle of Reyka - its good enough to sip on the rocks and cheap enough to mix with Orange Jice, Pineapple Juice, etc.

You could also keep a bottle of whiskey around, but most girls aren't whiskey drinkers. Four Roses Single Barrel is a nice mid-tier that is good enough to sip neat, on the rocks or with your favorite mixer.

This is just a starting point - branch out from here and don't be afraid to experiment.

in a bar situation if your looking for to get the girl crazy, ask her what she likes to drink

talk about your different experiences with different types of alcohol.

They will almost always say "Alcohol X makes me crazy!"

you say "Bartender, get me Alcohol X!"

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

I order cocktails on dates [Image: gay.gif]
Fuck it, I love them, chicks love them. Higher end bars will serve you drinks that taste great but have 4 different shots in them so they'll get you drink quickly.

My favorites: Zombie, Viper and Rum Ripper (Rum, Monster Ripper energy, Lime. Like a Jagerbomb but tastes better.)

As far as champagne and wine go I can't give much of an opinion, but...

1. Anything you can sip without tasting the alcohol very much. The very much is important, if she can't taste it at all she may get shitty quick, and unless you like dry pussy and puke on you she shouldn't be that drunk. Giving her a drink that she can understand is alcoholic but still tastes good will allow her to avoid that and help her pace herself while also getting her through the stages of inebriation without much complaint.

Recommendations: Long Island Iced Tea. Or rum and coke/monster and vodka if she's a simpler (less classy) woman.

2. Versatility and style is what I strive for in my current selection, usually I have two mixers and a 'impressing' liquor. Mind you it's illegal for me to own booze, so I'm not out frequenting bottle-mart. So I usually end up buying two bottles of Smirnoff because girls like to drink it with whipped cream in the neck of the bottle and then myself some rum, usually Captain for a pirate drinking game.

Anti has the right idea for bars but make sure she isn't just trying to drain you of a couple drinks and walk off to another guy.

Quote:MtnMan Wrote:  
Life is definitely too short to go without dome.

Quote: (05-14-2014 01:45 PM)gamre Wrote:  

1. order on dates

On dates:

At home:

Please search first. A decent thread from 2011:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8157.html

Myself, I think that most alcohol (including beer) tastes like shit. There are a few exceptions such as amaretto which are crazy sweet. Sometimes if I'm in the right mood a proper Guinness draft is like a dessert.

If you want to make mixed drinks, get sweet mixers to have the drink not taste completely like alcohol and/or get an alcohol that is already sweet/flavored. You can talk all about being a "man" and drinking whisky on the rocks and all that shit but if you try to give it to most women, they will balk.

It is really easy to make a good tasting cool looking drink. What does it require? A little forethought/prep. You can go simple with a half decent vodka and some cranberry juice (ooh it's bright red!) or you can go "complicated" and mix various alcohols to taste and add a splash of something with some color in it. Energy drinks and various juices are great mixers as they taste sweet (to mask alcohol) and have different colors.

If you go wine, get something without a lot of tannins (bitter), most women love a sweet wine. If you want to go really sweet, get a Stella Rosa. Oh hey look, I searched this forum and found this post from TODAY that is fairly comprehensive:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-36090.html

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

I used to go for some generic whiskies. I particularly like Jameson, Laphroaig, Glenfiddich, and Johnny Walker Black.

A shot of whisky followed by a beer is cool too. If available, try some Belgian beers. Trapistes Rochefort, Chimay, Duvel...
Manhattans are nice.

The RVF Cocktail List

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

^ While I like the RVF Cocktail list (old fashioned's made well are great) I think this is a little different as the OP is also looking for something to stock at home. If its just me, I am a whiskey with a splash of water kind of guy. Rail, well, low quality is fine in my books, a bit of water makes it sweeter.

Anyway, a drink to stock at home. This will work well if you are dating younger, in summer or in the south. Orange Soda and Bourbon. Mix in a tall glass with ice, its great when its hot outside, the orange soda dominates the front end of the drink with sweetness while the back end tastes like vanilla or maple not that 'floor cleaner' taste of tequila or vodka that is mixed too strongly. That being said, you can make these things strong and they still taste great.

Perhaps you are concerned about seeming like some sort of trailer trash hobo breaking out a mixer that might be found in a Juggalos mini bar...the solution is to mix it in a cocktail shaker and just turn it a few times (don't shake hard...carbonation) all of a sudden it gains class and is nice and cold. You could put gin and kool aid in a shaker and a girl would think its a classy drink.

Garnish with a slice of lime if you are trying to really dress this thing up.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Lately, I've started carrying a flask with me to yank out to keep the party going if I find myself and my companion(s) waiting in a dry spot. I've found that girls seem to handle Canadian whisky the best as it is smoother and lighter than other styles. Crown Royal Reserve is a good choice.

You can get a girl to drink a little heavier by upgrading her usual cocktail. For example, if she usually drinks Kahlua-milk, then get her a White Russian. If she usually drinks vodka-cranberry, then get her a Cosmo. As mentioned, Zombies and Long Island Iced Teas are good ones, but I've found that if the girl is a lightweight those might unexpectedly take her to puking stage. Giving a girl Long Island Iced Teas has cockblocked me on a couple of occasions.

Quote: (05-14-2014 02:38 PM)BoneDaddy Wrote:  

Girls love bubbly stuff and I suppose they think it make them look classy drinking from a Champagne flute. There have been some great recommendations here for sparkling wines. I usually scan the wine list for a prosecco (Italian sparkling white) and order that for her.

I second the Prosecco, which is a great item to keep in stock at home in the fridge. You can find decent Prosecco for $10 and just call it "Italian champagne" if she doesn't know better. Also, be sure you have champagne flutes to serve it in. Another good thing to have at home is vodka (absolut or sky), ice, small bottles of tonic, and fresh limes for vodka tonics.

When out on the town, I order a cocktail for her at a lounge I have on lock down that has fresh strawberries and other good stuff in it and every time the girls says, "This is good... I can't even taste the alcohol!" [Image: icon_razz.gif]
I order an old-fashioned or something or a cocktail.

In general, she'll usually follow your lead, so grab yourself an old-fashioned or Manhattan and suggest for her a cosmo or something.

Bounce to next bar and order something else, I usually go for a vodka tonic with lime.

Then the ol "Let's go back to my place to check out that ::insert something I talked about::. Plus I have some extra Prosecco"

Pro Tip: Drive her car back to her spot. Say, "I got this, let me have your keys" and head to the front.

"Desserts are like mistresses. They are bad for you. So if you are having one, you might as well have two." - Alain Ducasse

Always keep a dozen bottles of wine at home. Mix it up. Red, white, Port, Riesling. You can't go wrong.

Vodka is a staple. You can add it to anything. Especially fruit juices. Cranberry juice, orange juice, Pineapple juice.

A decent single malt scotch.

A regular whiskey. Jack Daniels or Jim Beam. Mix with coke or for doing shots.

My martini skills are lacking but I do like a nice Manhattan once in a while.

Always keep a 12 pack of beer cold in the fridge and another ready in the cabinet somewhere.

Team Nachos

As an engineer my bias is towards beer. As it turns out it's not just a guys drink -- but go for craft beer for extra brownie points. You can't go wrong with cider.

Go for something a bit more full-flavoured with your wines. Have a couple of bottles of cabernet merlot and shiraz cabernet, have a bottle of white to start off with and to use for cooking -- in addition to the reds I mentioned I have dry white and semillon chardonnay.

In addition to the bubbly -- I'd recommend a spumante -- you might like to have a bottle of moscato on hand. The sweet stuff is always handy and it goes down well with dessert.

I've found that girls aren't usually into dark spirits so like the others have said, you can't go wrong with vodka. Gin is something I've recently gotten into that pleases most people as a neutral spirit but unlike vodka hasn't been done to death by every man and his uncle.
Try a pink gin which is as close to neat as you can get, however despite its simplicity you won't find many bartenders that know what it is.
If you end up liking gin, trying shopping for a bottle of genever if you can find one where you live.

In the same vein, a bottle of white rum is a good but not necessary investment. I went on a tangent and bought cachaça instead for the exotic factor. Buy lots of lime and make a caipirinha for a hot summer night.

As far as cocktails are concerned, I like my spirits reasonably neat, but I find Long Island Iced Teas and martinis to be good date fodder. Go for a gimlet or a cosmopolitan if you're looking for something not too strong to start off with.

Just order/stock up on what you like.

I ensure to have a good red and white wine stocked. Scotch, Gin, Brandy and White Rum are also favourites. Vodka is essential due to its ability to please everyone. My flatmate makes craft beer so I have some of that (bitches love this, they consider it classy, craft etc.)

When I am out I stick to Gin and Tonic if I am working the next day otherwise Brandy/Bacardi/Scotch and Coke to mix it up.

Ultimately, you build tolerance so find what works for you. G&T works for me.

At the bar: depends on the venue. It can be a cocktail bar, a restaurant, wine bar,... I just take a look at the card, look for a drink that's suitable and with the right price to quality ratio.

At home: have the basic spirits: rum, gin and especially vodka. Stock up on some mixers too. Whisky is not a great idea, there are very few women who like to drink it.

Sparkling wine like a prosecco or cava are also must haves. Champagne on the other hand can get a little expensive. A cooled white wine is also nice to have.

Gin is really trendy right now in western europe (don't know about the rest of the world) - so I have 3 different kinds of gin. They are in plain sight and I hint on it if they want an apero.
Prosecco and cava are also excellent suggestions.

- If I'm trying to get royally plastered...Long Island Iced Tea (Tip Well)
- If I'm just chilling with friends at a random bar...Jameison on the rocks or red wine

95% of the time I'm in a venue where I get everything free so it's rare for me to pay for drinks

Wine, both red and white. Will get her drunk, socially acceptable and not at all creepy and doesn't smell of trying to hard. If the girl doesn't really drink much order a mojito. The objective is to get her to drink without her defences going up.
Have a couple of quirky wines that show you know your stuff but not too expensive.....maybe an Italian red from a small vineyard and have a story to go with it.....for example, I was travelling in Italy a couple of years ago and stumbled across this exquisite small winery run by a local family, stayed with them for a couple of nights and now I like to be loyal to them, her a photo of the rolling hills of Tuscany where they live....

All I'm gonna a say is:

Hennessey with Dr Pepper

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (05-15-2014 01:33 PM)Distant Light Wrote:  

- If I'm trying to get royally plastered...Long Island Iced Tea (Tip Well)
- If I'm just chilling with friends at a random bar...Jameison on the rocks or red wine

95% of the time I'm in a venue where I get everything free so it's rare for me to pay for drinks

I pay for my drinks so when I ask for a whiskey and water I often see the bartender turn around and reach for the jameson and I stop them.

1. because Jameson is the catholic whiskey, Bushmills is the protestant/loyalist whiskey - salute to the orange order.

2. I point down and say "no...rail/well"

I look like a cheap alcoholic and often the bartender/someone at the bar will start a conversation. The advantage to me is that I like sweeter tasting whiskey and thats usually rail vs. jameson as being more peaty.

Quote: (05-15-2014 05:35 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

1. because Jameson is the catholic whiskey, Bushmills is the protestant/loyalist whiskey - salute to the orange order.

I wasn't aware of this. Good thing to know.

Any self respecting catholic/Protestant girl does not give a shit about this

For Her - Tequila, rose wine, white wine are essentials at your place and one red wine. I like CCCC suggestion if you have been to that particular country and have a back story.

Maybe I am older but I don't like to get thrashed, so I stick to vodka. If I am out I might order a whiskey sour or a rusty nail, girls are always impressed with the rusty nail and the fact it has Scotch in it. I sadly can't handle Scotch by itself, but if I could it would be my drink of choice.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (05-15-2014 05:55 PM)Cccc Wrote:  

Any self respecting catholic/Protestant girl does not give a shit about this

They might not, but its a good conversation starter at a bar "I'm don't drink Jameson, I'm not catholic" raises eyebrows and gets attention...which is the entire endgame here anyway.

It works well in north america, especially where Jameson is heavily promoted at bars vs. bushmills an other whiskey.

When in doubt, Jack and Coke is my go-to. Women usually love it, along with fruity drinks.