rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

A lot of 1980s icons are kicking it these days...

Giger's creature and sets in the movie Alien had a huge impact on the aesthetics (and nightmares) of a generation.

[Image: 21000.jpg][Image: hr_giger_deathbearingmachine_III.jpg]
[Image: book-nec2-2.jpg]

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

That sucks. The Xenomorph from Alien is still the scariest non-human creature I've ever seen in a movie.

Without him, two out of the greatest three or four science fiction movies ever made (Alien, and Aliens) likely would not have been half as good as what they were.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

The most bizarrely sexual artist I've ever seen. His biomechanical stuff is haunting. Great artist though, without a shadow of a doubt.

Facehuggers = launchable vaginas.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

I remember watching Aliens aged 8 and not being able to sleep in the dark for a month. I kept seeing xenomorphs and facehuggers in the shadows. The xenomorphs still haunt my dreams.

I was there the day feminism fell...

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

Sad day. Xenomorphs are a brilliant design and one of the scariest movie monsters to date.

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

[Image: hrgiger-600-1399985675.jpg]

[Image: HR-Giger-009.jpg]

[Image: alien10.jpg]

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

His artwork also overlaps with music. I don't know how many of you guys are familiar with Celtic Frost, but he had a consistent relationship with the singer until present times.

[Image: To_Mega_Therion_-_Celtic_Frost.jpg]

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/triptyk...h-r-giger/

Quote:Quote:

"When CELTIC FROST came to an end so acrimoniously in 2008, H.R. Giger and his wife were among those who witnessed my uncontained despair and stood by me. That Giger subsequently agreed to collaborate with my new group, TRIPTYKON, and thus enabled us to release our first album, 'Eparistera Daimones', with one of his most dramatic paintings on the cover meant the world to me.

"It apparently pleased Giger, too. He told me so on several occasions, and he completely stunned me in October 2011 by proposing that we continue the collaboration between him and TRIPTYKON. I would have never asked for such a thing, because I never would have wanted to appear insatiable. He brushed such reservations aside, and it was his mentorship, friendship, and art that enabled us, once again, to release a second album on which music and cover art formed a seamless symbiosis. Only a few weeks ago, he held the result in his hands and loved it.

This record seriously came out like a month ago, and it's awesome (note the Giger artwork):

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

What's on the HR Giger dvd? Which art books are his best?

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

This is sad news. I'm not much of an art guy, but his work was incredible and really brought surrealism to a different realm. I always thought that if I were to get a tattoo it would be some crazy, frightening image that he had created.

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

I don't think he was one of the greatest artists, but clearly he had a feeling in his work that was unique and often copied. He definitely let his mind go free to make visual analogies, and was able to tap into some of the darker parts of the psyche. I think there's actually a lot of humor in his work.

There's definitely a resonance with the redpill in his work because it doesn't romanticize sex- it brings into focus the biomechanical aspects of it.. None of us are above nature. The way that his color palette limited the differences in the objects he painted also made that clear.

That's the most terrifying possibility that his work brings up: we are all just tools and slaves of nature. The endless patterns show replication. The vicious creatures are survival.

In his world, sex is not wonderful. It is a mechanism.

Anyone who gets deep into game understands how mechanical all of it is.

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

Damn shame. This guy really influenced sci-fi design with his Alien concept.
He was going to do work on Jodorowsky's Dune back in the day as well.

[Image: DUNE-V.jpg]

Such a warped imagination. He was very talented.

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

He will be missed.

Giger's work was based a lot on night terrors he had as a kid.

He likely had very strong birth or early life trauma he was working out through his art.

What a mad and beautiful genius.

Read my work on Return of Kings here.

R.I.P. H.R. Giger

+1 on having nightmares as a kid from this stuff.

If only you knew how bad things really are.