rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is dinner for a first date a mistake?

If you're an older guy dating younger women?

I know the convention of just meet them at a bar and go for a first night lay. That is...don't blow money on an unproven asset. But, I'm dating some women who ....at least seem a little more sophisticated...like med students or pre med, etc...in their 20s.

Not some ho I picked up at a bar or a waitress or something.

So...I was thinking dinner and drinks would give me a better chance of getting some first night action perhaps. Also...these younger women may kind of be expecting something slightly more classy from dating an older guy.

Or is dinner for a first date to "betaish" ?

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

Quote: (05-12-2014 08:46 PM)robreke Wrote:  

I know the convention of just meet them at a bar and go for a first night lay. That is...don't blow money on an unproven asset. But, I'm dating some women who ....at least seem a little more sophisticated...like med students or pre med, etc...in their 20s.

Just because they're sophisticated, doesn't mean they're not ho's.

The obvious answer is to take them to a classy bar/lounge instead, the type they wouldn't usually go to with people their age. The drinks might be expensive, but it beats treating them to dinner on a first date [Image: gay.gif]

Quote: (05-12-2014 08:51 PM)Deluge Wrote:  

The obvious answer is to take them to a classy bar/lounge instead, the type they wouldn't usually go to with people their age. The drinks might be expensive, but it beats treating them to dinner on a first date [Image: gay.gif]

I try to stay away from food and go for alcohol. I always try to get a lounge where I have to sit next to the woman. If she's into you she'll lean into you and it's game on. If she's not feeling it, she'll move away.

One week this happened

The next week, another woman didn't really move in close so I could tell she wasn't feeling it.

what time should we meet at the lounge? Later....implying that she eats dinner first ?

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

Yes, older men (30+) are held to a different standard when it comes to dating younger girls. Roosh even wrote a post about it recently (How the game changes as you get older or something like that), and I pretty much agree with him. If you take her to a dive bar that smells of vomit, her pussy will dry up instantly. You could get away with such things in your twenties, not anymore.

But... I would surely avoid dinner dates in this case. First because dinner dates are awkward, especially for a first date. You have a big table between you and the girl, and you both will be eating food most of the time instead of talking. Second, because she's filling up her stomach with food, moreso than with alcohol. You want the opposite. Third, because dinner dates are expensive. Come to think of it, the only thing worse than a dinner first date is a movie first date.

So, what's the solution? Take her to a classy lounge or wine bar. Schedule the date for 9:30 PM or later. Blame it on your work, or traffic, or whatever. She will get the hint that it's not a fucking dinner date. When you get there, order one of the cheapest bottles of wine (she won't know the difference unless she's a sommelier or wine conoisseur - less than 5% of chance of this happening). Also order some light appetizers. By the end of it, she will be extremely buzzed and on your nuts.

Cheap daytime dates are your best option. Likely during the weekend. Weekday lunch break if your schedules sync up.

Take her out to a local cafe.

Home cook a light meal for two people, then meet her at a local park.

Wander the streets with her.

Things like that.

My boy got a saying, She don't drink, she don't eat.

It can be fine, it can be a mistake

Problems
- traditionally, it shows supplication
- costly
- boring in comparison to other guys, cause they all do dinner and a movie
- can't get her to really cut loose compared to a bar

Advantages
- great if you're hungry,
- it can reveal what kind of person you're dealing with. What she orders, how adventurous she is, phone usage, how she treats staff, what she expects of you courtesy wise, her capacity for gluttony and restraint. (Two appetizers and two desserts? Really you fat unsharing bitch?)

Alternatives to dive bar two minutes from your flat
- ethnic food that's an experience
- tapas style spot with lots of small plates and wine
- high end mixology bar

For me, if a chick only wants gourmet/white linen places, hot spots, peace!

If she balks at Indian or Cajun or Chinese food that Chinese people actually eat in China, I want nothing to do with her.

Vegetarian, vegan, peace!

But you need a game plan.

You pick the restaurant, and just take her, no discussion. Don't eat dessert there. Follow with drinks at your home base bar, or seed the conversation with promise of wine/liquor/weed/coke/X/ice cream at your place. Then close.

WIA

Dinner is a reward. Some guys would disagree with me, but I think the majority of us see it this way. She has sex with you, and you want to keep her around; dinner is a viable option to reward her for her "good" behaviour.

First date wise, I would keep it under ten dollars (coffee is a personal favourite and seems to work in 90% of cases, its innocent enough). If you really want to get creative, mini-golf is always a slam dunk too.

Read Roosh's "bang" where it talks about the best first date option to get the lay on the same night. I have to put this into effect, and field test it, because it really is quite something genius.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

I always cook for them myself. It's cheap, it's DHV, it gets them directly into your house (=your comfort zone) and boozed up on the wine. About 85-90% succesrate (SNL) once they're here. Usually takes 40-60 minutes between arriving and makeout/notch.
Learn how to make 3-4 good dishes, it's not that hard.

Works with any age also, from 19 'till 33, from students to doctors.

Just don't order ribs. Or really anything where you have to use your hands.

But I hate dinner dates... Bitches ordering wine and talking forever to get drunk.
Drinks are more expensive, you have to wait for some dipshit waiter to get you drinks.

Yeah fuck that, just find a trendy bar.

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Quote: (05-12-2014 09:14 PM)robreke Wrote:  

what time should we meet at the lounge? Later....implying that she eats dinner first ?

This is the formula I use on virtually all of my first dates: Meet in well known public meeting place (I use a city square) at 8:30-9pm. I give her a hug and a spin, and take her to one of the bars I've scoped out as a "date bar" (I have 3 I use), picking the one best-suited to that particular girl. After 10:30-11 (I can't any earlier due to my awful logistics) I bounce us to my place. I do the same thing so often all these dates basically become the same.

If gmanifesto were still alive he would be preaching how it is higher level game to take girls to restaurants for the first date.

I wouldn't recommend it, for all the reasons covered.

I'm surprised nobody said it. BYOB sushi joint. Sushi is relatively cheap and you can take a walk through the liqour store together and impress her with your knowledge of sake and wine.

Team Nachos

Quote: (05-13-2014 05:44 AM)eradicator Wrote:  

If gmanifesto were still alive he would be preaching how it is higher level game to take girls to restaurants for the first date.

I wouldn't recommend it, for all the reasons covered.

Yeah, but only if the restaurant is on lockdown, and of course it will only work if you're wearing a custom suit.

Generally I'd say no, but if properly executed with some of the above ideas it's not a mistake. Be alpha in your own way.

If you're taking her to dinner because you *really want her* compared to other girls, you're making a mistake. If you're taking her to dinner because that's what you do, reassess your previous dinner dates, and if it's working, your fine. If it's not working, reconsider your execution and, if needed, your dinner strategy.

Only you know if it's a mistake, be honest with yourself.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

I know it goes against the rules, but like WIA stated you can learn a lot about the girl over dinner.
I took a girl once to a basic restaurant and she was impressed because they had creme brûlée on the menu. She devoured her food and made a big deal cos I didn't finish my meal. I didn't drop big money and I realized the gal was not use to eating out often.

A lot of gals I meet don't drink or barely drink one glass. So sometimes you need a second date to seal the deal.

However, do not take them to some fancy spot that you wouldn't go normally.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

If you do dinner date (against lots of recommendations to do something more interesting/less investment), go Tom Leykis style and order a salad. Most girls scared of looking like piggies will order a salad too.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Some of the trashiest hos I know are n Med School. Dknt assume high status/income means they arent hos.

Though that being said, I have had successful dinner first dates that lead t bangs immediately.

Sometimes I want to hang out w a girl and its dinner time. What, am I not going ti eat? Get dinner and drinks near your place and then bring them back there. No biggie really.

Now if you are setting up a date ata fancy reataurant as a lure, thats probably beta. Usually I just invite a girl to go hang out or grab drinks, and if I am hungry, well grab drinks somewhere w food.

It sounds to me like you're pedestalizing these med chicks. From personal experience, don't. They're all the same.

As an aside, I've noticed this trend a lot on the newbie forum. People always put things like "gaming this ____ chick" as if her profession makes her special. It's very strange, but I suppose that's why it's the newbie forum.

Use Tuthmosis's first-date bang guide and get laid. Don't knock it til you've tried it 10 times. I know you'll get a much better success rate than taking them out to dinner...if you measure success rate by same-night lays.

If you do go on a dinner date, isn't it better to sit at the bar so you can sit closer to each other?

WIA hit the nail on the head.

My two cents: You cannot escalate easily over dinner. Bars are better- reserve the dinner for post-bang, kind of like a reward.

Pre-med just means her GPA doesn't suck yet.