rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chest fat

Chest fat

Does anyone have tips on how to burn chest fat? Ever since I started bench pressing and gaining chest muscle, my chest has become bigger and a bunch of people have noticed it, and girls sometimes come up and say that I have bigger boobs than them. I'm pretty lean and athletic, its just that my chest needs reducing to look proportional. I'm thinking about pushups and swimming.

Chest fat

Is it residual baby fat? Exactly how lean are you?

Chest fat

I'm 5'9 and 180 pounds, I have a 6 pack and most people who see me comment that I look pretty buff. I started working out with the Starting Strength exercises, so dead lift, squat, bench, and power clean. I stopped squatting because my ass was getting too big, and now i'm thinking of laying off bench press until I can burn off chest fat.

Chest fat

Don't stop squatting. No girl has ever shut down a guy because she thought his butt was too big. If you are so lean that you have a six pack, I have a hard time believing that you have chest fat. If you really do, and it's not just your pecs growing, then it will take a long time to burn it off, assuming you keep benching. I would recommend doing more concentrated shoulder work to even out the appearance, and help take some of the focus off of your chest. Don't stop benching, but limit your chest training volume to only the SS bench work, and nothing more.

Chest fat

If it is fat then know you can't spot reduce. You're just going to have to lose fat all over and it will eventually come off - typically in the order it went on. Definitely keep lifting though.

Chest fat

If by chest fat you mean your chest isn't defined enough then you'll have to lose fat everywhere to get defined chest. Spot reduction isn't possible. If by chest fat you mean you have slight boobs then you have gynecomastia and your only option is surgery.

Chest fat

I think that part of it is having underdeveloped upper pecs compared to lower pecs. I was in a similar situation to you after I'd been lifting weights for about 18 months. I was only concentrating on flat bench and declines, and my chest ended up looking:
a) Overdeveloped (like what you're describing).
b) Almost like it was sagging- Most of the mass was on my lower pecs and this made me look weird.
Like you, I was also still very lean and had a six pack.

Anyway, I'd stop doing any decline (if you do it), and change your normal bench grip, so that you hold the bar wider and activate more muscles (triceps, shoulders) apart from just your pecs. Also I'd start doing a lot of incline press, and flys. This should help you move away from the 'round' pec look to more square pecs. I did that and it ended up working out well. I've gotten a lot bigger, but my pecs have if anything decreased in size, so I'm more proportional, and I've got more mass on my upper chest which gives me more 'square' pecs.

Chest fat

Quote: (05-12-2014 03:35 AM)funkyzeit Wrote:  

If by chest fat you mean your chest isn't defined enough then you'll have to lose fat everywhere to get defined chest. Spot reduction isn't possible. If by chest fat you mean you have slight boobs then you have gynecomastia and your only option is surgery.

Gyno is not likely if you're relatively lean, if you're 15+% bf you should concentrate on diet and then make that decision at sub 10%.

+1 for the spot reduction, you'll have to lose fat all over. It is possible to spot reduce, however the effects are so sub par that they aren't even noticeable.

Edit: just saw your statistics of 5'9" and 180lbs. A six pack isn't always the best way of determining leanness, I have abs at 14%bf, its really determined by genetics. Get measured and then when under 10% make decisions.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Chest fat

Do Dips, and pushups for sure, but I would concentrate on doing upper chest and flys.

* 2-3 sets of Dips
* 2-3 sets of pushups (flat, incline, insides)
* 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps of Uni-arm dumbell inclines.
* 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps of flys
* 1 set of Dips

I'm no expert but that's the kind of chest workout I like to do, but I have natural mass and don't need to get big. My priority is toning/definition.

Other than that, I would say diet is the most important. Cut out Saturated Fat and Refined Sugar/Carbs

Chest fat

Go to an actual doctor and figure out what your bodyfat percentage is and/or if you have gyno. Worrying on the internet if you have man tits or not is meaningless until you get a medical opinion.

Chest fat

Gynecomastia is triggered by an imbalance in the amount of the hormone testosterone compared with estrogen. Have your doctor check your testosterone and estrogen levels and, more importantly, be sure that they are in proper balance.

As a first step, however, try to concentrate on incline benching. Check your hormones if that does not work.

Chest fat

Thanks guys, I googled gynecomastia and for sure I do not look like that. I will try incline pressing and see how it works.

Chest fat

Quote: (05-13-2014 01:06 AM)edtf Wrote:  

Thanks guys, I googled gynecomastia and for sure I do not look like that. I will try incline pressing and see how it works.

Gynecomastia ranges from mild fatty tissue (sort of like you described) to full-sized man-boobs. It is just a question of degree. Your hormones could be slightly out of balance. At any rate, it makes sense to begin with incline presses before making any assumptions.

Chest fat

I actually have gynecomastia. Any ways of getting rid of it? Its a killer for self confidence.

Chest fat

Surgery.

Chest fat

Quote: (05-13-2014 03:45 AM)Every10GivesMeA10 Wrote:  

Surgery.

How much is this surgery?

Chest fat

@edtf post a pic that might help. I've had an issue where there was more mass on bottom chest compared to my underdeveloped upper chest. Just stop doing decline and flat bench.

I stopped doing flat bench and moved to just incline bench presses(barbell or db) and military press(standing barbell). This has resulted in a much better balance to my chest that way.

http://www.kinobody.com/workouts-and-exe...st-part-1/

- Clint Barton

Chest fat

[Image: attachment.jpg18655]   

Great chest here.

- Clint Barton

Chest fat

What exercises do you do, how many sets and rep range?

Chest fat

Quote: (05-13-2014 04:21 AM)MidWest Wrote:  

Quote: (05-13-2014 03:45 AM)Every10GivesMeA10 Wrote:  

Surgery.

How much is this surgery?

I actually underwent gyno surgery and I paid about 3500 Euro's in total, guess about 4500$

Still have to get a 2nd one because the guy messed up a bit, but in the US the price is usually between 4000-8000 Dollars.

If you have real gyno, surgery is the only way to fix it. If you are using anabolics and got a case of gyno flares, only then I see drugs like letrozole work to remove it. Not with long term gyno.

Chest fat

I'll work chest/shoulders 3-4 times in a span of 2 weeks. A typical workout when I'm working the chest is:

1)Incline Barbell(or DB) Press: 5 reps, -10% 6 reps, -10% 8 reps
2)Military Press: 5 reps, -10% 6 reps, -10% 8 reps
3)Lateral raise with dumbbells or cables, low weight, 10 reps then rest 15 sec then another 5, rest 15 sec, another 5, maybe 2 more sets of 5
4) Dips(weighted if i'm feeling it) or bodyweight dips or pushups. 3-4 sets depending on how I'm feeling.

It's reverse pyramid training for first two exercises with 3 min rest between sets.By -10% I mean drop the weight from the last set by 10% Shorter rest times for the last two exercises. This workout only takes 45-60min.

Dropping the flat bench has definitely resulted in better proportions and way less of the "droopy" chest look.

Quote: (05-13-2014 05:56 PM)StarkHail Wrote:  

What exercises do you do, how many sets and rep range?

- Clint Barton

Chest fat

my friend has gyno and people think he has a yoked out chest. I know he has gyno because he's had it ever since he was 9. I remember only being able to notice his boobs when I looked at him from the side though.

Chest fat

Yeah having Gyno sucks balls. I have it and it has been a killer for me since I was 14. I try to not think about it but I feel like I should do a change now. Damn 5000 dollars cash seems like a lot though. Is it possible to take out a loan for that or have a pay as you go plan or something?

Chest fat

Quote: (05-13-2014 10:57 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

Yeah having Gyno sucks balls. I have it and it has been a killer for me since I was 14. I try to not think about it but I feel like I should do a change now. Damn 5000 dollars cash seems like a lot though. Is it possible to take out a loan for that or have a pay as you go plan or something?

Check with your health insurance. Some cover it where as others classify it as cosmetic surgery.

I'm sure you could plead that it has psychological effects.

Let us know if you proceed, I would be happy to advise.

Chest fat

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-Of-Man-Br...h-Exercise

*Interesting side note: Links some Gynecomastia cases to marijuana use

MDP