rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Newbie going to San Jose, Costa Rica

I am a newbie to the game, and have decided to go to San Jose, Costa Rica in 10 days to meet someone I meet online (first a millionaire dating site, then FB) who is a 20 year old solid 9+, and I am extremely picky. She seems like a very "good" girl from her FB, so I am not confident on getting any serious action from her, but to honest, she is the type of girl who I would marry and not just use. Its a last minute trip, and I have 10 days to spend either in San Jose or somewhere else.

Me? I look 35, good shape, well educated (multiple graduate degrees) and successful, so I generally have good luck with educated girls, or the ones looking for a sugar daddy, which I will gladly lead them to believe until I get the flag.

First - I speak NO spanish. None. So I know that will hurt my game with other locals (the girl I am visiting speaks english). I have never been to central or south america so the trip is for adventure as much as meeting someone.

Nevertheless, I could use some recommendations on where to stay. I dont have a budget, but I would prefer to stay somewhere for $200 a night or less if possible. Someplace with all the creature comforts as well as a place a local "nice" girl wont feel bad coming back to or wont be harrassed, if that is possible.

I like to dance and nice night clubs, and springing for bottle service is not a problem if it will draw in the ladies. No budget, but under $500 a night would be nice, if it gets me the action. I dont do pay for play in the direct sense, but if getting VIP gets me the lady I will do it.

10 days is probably too long for San Jose. Should I hit a beach town? any good day trips? Of course, I always like having the exotic factor in my favor (I am white) but I figure that would only attract the ones who dont speak english so I am shit out of luck with that.

Any advice for a newbie is greatly appreciated. Does the educated and successful factor get me much action, or will they just look at me as a sex tourist? I am trying to think of a good reason to be there, likely giving a lecture or doing volunteer medical work, or something like that.

This has all of the tell tale signs of a troll post except one: OP plunked down for gold. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

To OP: Cancel your ticket and try to get a refund. You admit you're a newbie which means you aren't getting much play stateside. Traveling for a girl is always a bad idea, but traveling to a third world country where you don't speak the language is an even worse one. On top of that you think you probably won't get any action from her, but she's the type of girl you would marry?! You don't know the first thing about her. This girl most likely views you as an ATM and has a couple of other suckers on the line as well. Focus on getting your game together at home. This forum is a great place to learn from.

Quote: (05-12-2014 12:00 AM)Mujeriego Wrote:  

This has all of the tell tale signs of a troll post except one: OP plunked down for gold. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

To OP: Cancel your ticket and try to get a refund. You admit you're a newbie which means you aren't getting much play stateside. Traveling for a girl is always a bad idea, but traveling to a third world country where you don't speak the language is an even worse one. On top of that you think you probably won't get any action from her, but she's the type of girl you would marry?! You don't know the first thing about her. This girl most likely views you as an ATM and has a couple of other suckers on the line as well. Focus on getting your game together at home. This forum is a great place to learn from.

I appreciate your advice but I am going anyways since I need a little vacation. Maybe it will be a bust but I dont really care, I am just curious to go some place different. One of the things I actually enjoy about traveling is being out of my element. One of the reasons I travel overseas a lot is because getting american action is incredibly easy. I like a little challenge. Either way, I can post a data sheet for kicks and giggles. If anyone is going to be in San Jose the end of this month PM me if you want.

Well if you're going to go, you need a major attitude change.

You have already decided you're not going to get laid? Never go into a date or whatever thinking that. Only the girl decides that, based on whether you fuck up.

Obviously you are pretty successful, judging by the millionaire dating site. Go into this trip feeling like you are the catch, that other girls want you and that she needs to prove her value.

Make subtle and not-so-subtle hints that you have other girls waiting for you. Get a fake phone call app.

Come suited up.

And set your logistics up so you can get rid of her quick if she isn't going to put out. Be cold about it too. If she really is a 9+ better to salvage your dignity and have a shot at it later.

Quote: (05-12-2014 05:07 PM)Blunt Wrote:  

Well if you're going to go, you need a major attitude change.

You have already decided you're not going to get laid? Never go into a date or whatever thinking that. Only the girl decides that, based on whether you fuck up.

Obviously you are pretty successful, judging by the millionaire dating site. Go into this trip feeling like you are the catch, that other girls want you and that she needs to prove her value.

Make subtle and not-so-subtle hints that you have other girls waiting for you. Get a fake phone call app.

Come suited up.

And set your logistics up so you can get rid of her quick if she isn't going to put out. Be cold about it too. If she really is a 9+ better to salvage your dignity and have a shot at it later.

Thanks. I have been hesitant to mention other girls when on a date since I figured I would be labeled a sex tourist or not that serious, but I will definitely give it a try. I usually just dangle the money card in front of them, but I have relied on that too much and I need to improve my approach. I have never suited up before but from what I read, that seems to help.

Quote: (05-11-2014 11:44 PM)ohionukes Wrote:  

I am trying to think of a good reason to be there, likely giving a lecture or doing volunteer medical work, or something like that.

People will be polite about it but if rolling solo you will be assumed to be a sex tourist until proven otherwise.

The white god factor alone will not get you as far as you might think in CR, because the chicas are used to seeing plenty of gringos.

I will say this much: if you're traveling internationally just to meet one girl, and you already feel it in your bones that you won't get the bang, then you've been chumped big time.

Guys that have their heads on straight pipeline before they go to a country if women is what they are after. You either need to have several prospects lined up in advance to make it worth the trip, or be reasonably certain that you will be able to to hit the ground running and acquire enough other leads in field to not be reliant on a single prospect.

There isn't a whole lot you can do to try and turn it around if it's this bad, but you can try. As others have already indicated: you have to call the shots. If she doesn't comply with what you want, cut her off immediately and permanently.

Just say no to marriage. FYI there's tons of 18 year old Colombian hookers in Costa Rica. The attitude is very casual to sex. There's no reason why you couldn't get laid down there. Unless you don't want to.

Team Nachos

Quote: (05-12-2014 06:36 PM)WD-40 Wrote:  

I will say this much: if you're traveling internationally just to meet one girl, and you already feel it in your bones that you won't get the bang, then you've been chumped big time.

Guys that have their heads on straight pipeline before they go to a country if women is what they are after. You either need to have several prospects lined up in advance to make it worth the trip, or be reasonably certain that you will be able to to hit the ground running and acquire enough other leads in field to not be reliant on a single prospect.

There isn't a whole lot you can do to try and turn it around if it's this bad, but you can try. As others have already indicated: you have to call the shots. If she doesn't comply with what you want, cut her off immediately and permanently.

Thanks. I have started pipelining like crazy and I already have good prospects lined up, even discounting for the flaking factor.

White is exotic in San Jose?

I just left San Jose 2 days ago. Everyone I saw was white.

Quote: (05-14-2014 06:53 PM)JJ Roberts Wrote:  

White is exotic in San Jose?

I just left San Jose 2 days ago. Everyone I saw was white.

That sucks.

Initial impressions of San Jose

Airport: Got a SIM card at Kolbi booth outside baggage claim for verizon galaxy S5. Agent tells me my phone has to be unlocked. I don't know if it is or not (I didn't personally unlock it but verizon says I can pop another sim in it). New SIM works fine, although I later realize that my data would not work, but I look online and found out how to add APN and get data working since I need google maps to walk around the city, as well as use whatsapp which most of the girls in CR use.

Housing: I really struggled with this one. I wanted to be close to the night life of San Pedro but there are no really good hotels in the area. There are nice hotels like Mariott and Wyndham but there are far from the action. I wanted to be close to the action but far enough from the Del Ray that the "good" girls I was hunting would not be turned off. The day before I arrived, I booked the Sleep Inn for 4 nights (I am staying 10) just to have a place. So far, I really like it. It is clean, no hookers in the lobby, and it has self serve laundry so I was able to get that done. Many of the local non working girls never heard of it, so that probably helps since they may not realize it is so close to the Del Ray.

First Night in San Jose: I arrive to the hotel at 10 pm, tired from a long flight from Montreal, but decided to check out the Del Ray. I should say, I have never paid for sex and have no interest in that. However, I had a great time at the Del Ray bar. The people watching is great. Of course, it is flattering to get approached by girls all the time, but it is just fascinating. There was no poker games going on (thurs night) which was a bummer, so I spent 5 hours at the bar. There was a 30 year old working girl next to me at the bar who spoke excellent english. I quickly let her know I wasn't there to meet a girl, and was just having a few drinks and enjoying the show. She was too old for me anyways (I rarely date over 26 so why would I pay for it, and she was probably only a 7 at best). She turned out to be a delight, quite funny, and even offered to be my wing woman if I saw a women I liked. I felt bad for her, after all, she has bills to pay, and told her I would not be offended if you walked around for business. She just wanted to hang out with me, so I bought her a vodka red bull, which was pretty cheap by my standards, so the cost of the companionship and intel on the community was worth it. More so, she was actually very good friends with the bartenders. I found that hanging out with her, making her and the bartenders laugh a lot (I speak zero spanish but that was rarely a problem), and not looking like I was there to find a girl, gave me a lot of street credit, since I was dressed down and definitely not looking like a ATM. I was getting a lot of interest from all the other girls at the bar. The girls there? Of course there was a mix. The average girl was a 5. But I would say over 5 hours at the bar, I saw 3 girls who were a 9, and even I was tempted to try something new in CR. However, the thought of all the guys who dumped their loads in the girl earlier that night made me quickly lose the erection.

Anyways, I had a great time that night. I had a date set up for friday night so I wasn't on the prowl. The bartenders ordered some food, and one of the bartenders was hand feeding me chicken fingers, although I told her it tasted more like a toe, and keep them laughing. It actually wasn't bad food. I think most of the girls working (before or in front of the bar) get sort of jaded and hardened, so the fact I didn't want any action was a surprise to them. I don't know if the bartenders ever date the customers, but there was one bartender who I found pretty attractive but cold as ice when I first sat down. By the end of the night, my new working girl friend told me that she was a "good girl" like I was looking for and that she liked me. Don't know if it is true or not, but I am half tempted to invite her out for dinner one night just to see what she says.

There is a definite cycle to activity at the Del Ray. It was initially very busy, then it may clear out as couples leave, followed by a lot of women by themselves, then another wave of activity. I saw two guys and working girls who I was pretty sure were haggling over price. The girls did not seem happy, expecting more (they were 8s), at one point switching guys to try to work another angle. However, the guys stood firm and as the night got later, I could tell they just gave up and left with the guys. Some money is better than no money.

First full day in San Jose: My new hooker friend calls me at noon. Tells me she is making lunch and wants to know if I want to come over for lunch. I respectfually decline and go back to sleep off my hangover until 2:30. I do some laundry. The gym at the Sleep Inn is not good. Some dumbbells which I use. I try to use the treadmill but the belt keeps locking up on me, so I give up and do the cycle which works ok. There is a TV in the small gym room, so I get caught up on the US markets.

My trip was last minute, so I tried to pipeline like crazy for 5-6 days before going. I have a date with 26 year old preschool teacher at 7. I tell her to pick a nice restaurant and she offers to pick me up in her car. At 7 she arrives, and looks as good in person as the internet. I am a face man first and foremost. If the face isn't beautiful, I don't care what the body is like. She looks 20, busty but petite, just my type. My online game is simple. I have successful life, looking for a soulmate, but also someone fun and passionate and there needs to be lots of chemisty. I could already tell before our date that she thinks I might be her soul mate, so the date goes very well. The Peruvian restaurant is excellent and not expensive (I don't know the name, she was driving me around). Before the date, she wouldn't agree to anything after dinner - she wanted to see how things go. After dinner, she wants to spend more time with me but doesn't know any clubs since she is not a club girl. I suggested a couple of places for drinks that I looked up early, but I also suggest we return her car to the hotel so she doesn't have to worry about drinking and driving. She thinks this is a good idea, and I am 90% sure I know how the date would end.

We went to the Rapsody, the house music was ok, but the only seating is reserved tables which sucked. I grow tired of standing and just sit at an empty table. Ladies drink free upstairs until midnight I think, and no guys allowed upstairs so the first floor is just dudes. Close to midnight, the ladies decent. I am a bit surprised, I did not see a "typical CR lady". There is just too much variety - there is no typical look. The quality is ok. Lots of 6-7s, no 9s. One 8 maybe. To be honest, not all that impressed. Its is not like Vilnius with tall skinny models 18-22 everywhere =(. I am playing hands off with my date, trying not to seem like I just want a hookup, my typical game with good girls. I lean in to tell her something over the loud music and she kisses me. After that, she kinos me, but in a sweet way, massaging my hands, etc. After midnight, its just latin music, which I am not in a mood for, and I see her yawn, so I suggest we go back to my hotel. I paid for a room with two, telling the receptionist at checkin my girlfriend was arriving the next day. When we arrive, they copy her ID and add her to my room. Zero resistance. Got the CR flag. I couldn't believe how fast she came. She wanted to come together but I just couldn't come that fast. She had one boyfriend for 8 years and only broke up recently. I never asked, but I could have easily been her second guy. I probably don't want to know. She wants me to meet her parents. Not sure about that part though. I actually really liked her, great natural chemistry, smoking tight body and angelic face, but she wants kids and I don't.

Sorry for the rambling. I have a date with a med student this afternoon. Initially she said she spoke good english, now its "a little english". I find dating a girl who doesn't speak much english (the only language I speak) to be so painful it is not worth it, so I suggested we go to a movie since I really want to see the Godzilla movie and it is playing at the IMAX theatre here (yeah for that). I understand most movies are in english with spanish subtitles, unlike Ukraine where I had to watch movies in Russian and trying to guess what was going on.

Second full day in San Jose:

I walk around central San Jose. Its pretty shitty. The sidewalks are bad, barbed wire around some buildings. I feel safe during the day, but the city is nothing to speak of. The women? Most less than a 4. I don't see anything better than a 5 walking around central san jose except for 2 america chicks at wendys.

My date with the med student falls through. I don't know what was up, but at the last minute she wants to meet at a park which is a ten minute walk from the movie. This makes no sense to me, so I figured she isn't a med student and just wants to rob me in a deserted park. I go to the movie theatre instead at Lincoln Plaza. As an aside, I walk around this nice wall, just to see the quality of women shopping or working. I see nothing better than a 6-7 anywhere, most are a 4-5.

I go get my ticket to see the new X men. As the movie is about the start, my date tells me she is at the theater. I tell her I am already in a movie and thanks, but no thanks. The movie is actually pretty good, and afterwards I go back to the hotel.

My date from the night before wants to come over again tonight but just started her period and doesn't feel well. This is ok with me, since I want to roll solo tonight to Club Vertigo since I hear it plays EDM.

Getting at Club Vertigo, I see there is a very long line. This seems like a good sign, but I don't do lines, and walk to the VIP host. She gives me a tour of Vertigo. There are two rooms with different DJs. The larger room is where you want to be. There are 3 VIP table next to the dance floor facing the DJ. Don't get any other VIP table other than these since you can see the action and the everyone can see you. All I need to buy is one bottle, and a bottle of grey goose with mixers costs me $160. Relatively cheap I think. The only pain is you have to pay every time you order something, they don't run a tab.

Sadly, it is not EDM night, but deep house night. I like house, but not deep house, and the music is barely tolerable. I keep going back to the smaller second dance room, and the music is not much better, and it is empty.

FYI- the club is a little warmer than most usa clubs, so I am glad I wore a short sleeve shirt. I would have died in a suit, which would have been way overdressed.

The women at Vertigo? 5s. only a couple of 7s. Guys to girls are at least 2-1. I would not go there on deep house night for the ladies, although I understand on EDM nights the quality is much much better.

I spend most of my time standing on the periphery of the dance floor, looking for a cute girl, and to see if they like me before they know I have a VIP table. I see 3 girls dancing, all very pretty, with one who is my type. She looks like an 8, nice dress for the club, but not slutty. They seem like the "good girls" I go for. The girl I like is staring at me, to the point where it is very uncomfortable and I have to look away. This seems pretty unusual in CR, but then again I am probably one of the most gringo looking guys there. Strangely, there is gringo circling the girls, and he seems to know them.

I am next to the bar, when the 3 girls come up next to me to get drinks. The gringo is with them and buys their drinks. Apparently, the youngest girl there is celebrating her 18th birthday and is there with her 26 year old aunt and the aunt''s friend (the one I like - who I later find out is Maria). When the girls get their drinks, I ask Maria where is my drink. She laughs, and to my pleasure, speaks enough english that we can talk. She quickly asks my name and we chit chat. I can tell she is attracted to me, for there is nothing else special about me that night other than being a gringo.

I ask her if she and her friends would like to sit at a table and rest. She tells me no, VIP is too expensive. She doesn't believe me when I say I have a table, which is actually nice. If I am going to share my liquor with someone, I usually look for someone who would really appreciate it, rather than some stuck up bitch who just wants a free drink.

To their surprise, I bring them to my table and two of them quickly take off their heels for a little break. I can really tell Maria is attracted to me, so after I pour them a drink, I let them rest and dance a little by the table. Next thing I know, Maria is dancing on my back so I turn around and we start dancing. Before this, I though Maria was an 8, but her dress was dark and the club was dark, and I was a little tipsy, so I was not completely sure of my accuracy. As we danced, I am blown away, which rarely happens. Her body is a solid 9+, just incredible and the best at the club without a doubt. Slender with large natural breasts. The dress she borrowed from a friend and she is constantly pulling is down, even though I didn't think it was that short. This actually turns me on, as I can sense she is a modest person and I could only appreciate her incredible body when we were dancing.

I kissed her and she resisted a little, but I could tell she wanted too. Anyways, we all had a good time dancing at my table. I told them to give me their phone or camera so I could take their picture. Girls love it when you offer to do that for them. And always take 2 pictures. They added me to Facebook and Maria asks for my number. I am not sure how we got to that point, but I think she is the one who wanted to exchange numbers first. Yadda yadda, as the night wore on, the 18 year old birthday girl loses steam and everyone decides to leave. To my surprise, Maria asks me where I am staying. I ask her if she would like to come back with me and order room service (I think they have room service although I never tried to order before this). I was even more surprised when she said yes.

We go back to my hotel, and I am a little pissed when I have to register Maria. I know it is policy but I think it cheapens the romantic mood. I even offered the guy $100 so I didn't have to do this again but he refused. Anyways, I get a diet coke and water from the gift shop and we go up to my room. Yadda yadda. Zero resistance. Much to my delight, I just got my Nicaragua flag! I didn't think there were any hot girls from that country, so this was an unexpected surprise. I don't give a 10 until the clothes come off, but this was damn close. At the club, I thought the face was a 8, but also to my surprise, in the light, it was a 9. She actually reminded me of an ex colombian gf I had.

I don't know if I am on a streak, or that the girls in CR are just DTF, but so far I am having a great time. But be forewarned, the average girls I see in the city and at the clubs I have gone to, is pretty poor. 5s. and many are a little chubby. Doesn't even compare to eastern europe. This is my first time south of the USA, so I am definitely interested in going to Colombia, Brazil and Argentina. I still have not hit the San Pedro college area so I am hoping the quality is better there. I plan on going there late afternoons just to check it out. Hopefully I can report of some day trips from San Jose this week as I let my liver recover.

Quote: (05-12-2014 07:56 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Just say no to marriage. FYI there's tons of 18 year old Colombian hookers in Costa Rica. The attitude is very casual to sex. There's no reason why you couldn't get laid down there. Unless you don't want to.

That is so true. I can't see how someone can come here and not get laid for free if he has anything going for him unless he doesn't try at all.