rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to scale images so they don't stretch the forum

A quick tip for those posting pics that stretch the hell out of the forum; The forum will scale the image to fit if you just add a bit of code to the IMG tag.

img=640x400, inside the brackets like normal will shrink the image to those dimensions.

Here is an example of the same pic with and then without doing this;
[Image: 35718d1350401229-2013-camaro-zl1-camarozl1_v2.jpg]

[Image: 35718d1350401229-2013-camaro-zl1-camarozl1_v2.jpg]

If doing a image search on google it will show the dimensions of the photo. The above is 1920x1080 in it's unedited size. You want to be around 6-700 wide for the forum so divide the first number by whatever to fall in that range, then divide the second number by the same to keep the ratio correct. Usually you can divide by 2, 3, or 4 which is plenty easy to do in your head, no need for calculations here. The resized image is 640x360.

Some pics are rather huge and doing this makes them more usable for the forum. Only takes a couple seconds to do.

To see it in the post, just click quote and you will see it in the first image tag.

Roosh should code it inside the new post php template. Thanks for the hint.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Awesome tip...didn't know this but I always try to prevent this. Thanks!

Quick question: I noticed most ppl use a url link vs attaching. Do you simply use whatever url pops up first in a google search?

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Actually, doing this this seems to mess up the display on the mobile version.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

I just upload to tinypic.com and let them resize it then grab the URL.

Team Nachos

It would be cool to have a section on the forum with threads like this to help with forum functions and "how toos."

Up to the suits in RVF corporate, but I think it would be useful.

Some newbs don't even know how to embed pics and videos and just post links.

Take care of those titties for me.

Wow! I always thought you had to either look for a smaller version or manually photoedit and scale it that way. Is the file size the same, if its a huge filesize it still might slow down the forum.

Quote: (05-01-2014 10:01 PM)kbell Wrote:  

Wow! I always thought you had to either look for a smaller version or manually photoedit and scale it that way. Is the file size the same, if its a huge filesize it still might slow down the forum.

I am no programmer and have very little experience with code at all, but...the OP is in regards to linking the URL, in which case I don't think it even stores the picture, it just shows whatever is at that URL. Hence, if you specify the size, it merely *displays* the image at that URL as a smaller size.

Your comment would be regarding inserting the pic as an attachment...which it appears most ppl don't do.

I second the thread for tips for newbies, tho I just learned by clicking "reply" and seeing what the code looked like then previewing...we're all men here after all, seems like we can figure it out.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

The giant images make threads damn near unreadable on my 13" laptop, so I finally figured out how to fix this forum-wide for myself. Quick rundown:

1. Download and enable the "Stylish" browser extension

Safari, Firefox, Chrome

2. Create a custom style for rooshvforum.network

[Image: Ihc0WAo.png]

Copypastable version of that code:

Code:
Code:
img {
max-width: 700px;
max-height: 600px;
}
Large images will re-size proportionally to fall within those constraints (which you should adjust based on your own screen resolution). Using "max-width" and "max-height" prevents smaller images from scaling up.

SFW screenshot of the "10" thread, before:

[Image: dQJz9TY.jpg]

WYB? Who knows.

And after:

[Image: jQOY3ax.jpg]

People could also upload their picture.to imgur.
It's I do you all my datasheet pictures.

It automatically sizes them for forums.
And we'll automatically give you the code make them small medium or large.
It also keeps the images of the forum and a third party site

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (05-01-2014 06:22 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

It would be cool to have a section on the forum with threads like this to help with forum functions and "how toos."

Up to the suits in RVF corporate, but I think it would be useful.

Some newbs don't even know how to embed pics and videos and just post links.

Isn't there a post count limit that you have to reach before you can post videos and images?

If you are going to post any large images at all on this forum then take the time to learn how to do this guys.
2 versions of the same exact photo below:

BEFORE

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

AFTER

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

The only difference between these 2 photos is that I added "=900x600" to the line code for the image which fits better.
That's all there is to it.

I need to scale my penis so it doesn't stretch the vagina so much

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

There should be a kind of technical fixes area of the forum... hahahahaha..

I had been looking for this thread a couple of months ago, because I had forgotten the techinique to reduce the image size that I had posted... but i could not find it in my history and my search efforts...