rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bear Grylls getting hate from feminists for making all male island survivor show

Bear Grylls getting hate from feminists for making all male island survivor show

This is quite possible the most red-pill show to ever grace television. Kudos to Bear for making this. True masculinity will be on display. Not like some Survivor BS where there are always females on here. Just men's survival prowess put on display for feminists to lose their shit at.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entert...73498.html

Quote:Quote:

Bear Grylls’ latest television show has been labelled sexist by female survival experts who are angry at the decision to exclude women from the series, which will see 12 men stranded on a desert island.

[Image: laugh6.gif]

The male volunteers on The Island with Bear Grylls will be stripped of all the comforts of modern life, cast away on a deserted island for four weeks and forced to work for their survival.

But the Channel 4 series, which aims to discover whether modern men have lost the ability to be practical, has been met with disapproval from the TV presenter’s female counterparts, who say it’s ludicrous that the island will be populated by men only.

Survival expert and bush craft instructor Lisa Fenton described the decision as “inherently sexist”, saying it was absurd to think that women weren’t as capable as men when it came to survival skills. “It’s fantastical and ridiculous. Women are every bit as cut out for this stuff as men,” she said. “It is sexism and it’s deeply rooted.”

Because women have proven time over time that they do not rely for men over survival

[Image: laugh4.gif]

Ms Fenton, who undertook a four-year apprenticeship with Ray Mears in the 1990s before founding a wilderness survival school with her partner in 2001, admitted that the hobby is male-dominated in the West.

Geez, her partner must be a true beta for even letting her speak about survival.
I mean in what universe do you let your wife talk about survival in the wilderness...I don't care if she did 10 years of survival school....nothing comes close to the raw male instinct of flexibility, critical thinking in crisis situation on the fly and straight up grit in tough times.

However, she said many of the survival methods used today were originally picked up by the military from both men and women among indigenous peoples in regions such as Australia, America and Africa.

“Looking at indigenous society, female roles are every bit as important,” she said. “It’s not just men who make the fires and go hunting, but now survival has become a bit of a cult of masculinity.”

Seasoned explorer Sarah Outen, who recently rowed solo across the North Pacific Ocean and is about to kayak from the Aleutian Islands in the north Pacific to mainland Alaska, says the new show will promote the view that women don’t go on big adventures. She labelled Grylls’ own approach to survival as “sensationalist”.

“It’s a pity that Channel 4 have decided to have a male-only show as if somehow suggesting that women couldn’t cut it – or, more probably, that women wouldn’t make good TV,” she said. “But there is such a male-oriented bias with adventure TV programmes already that it doesn’t surprise me to see this.”

This dummies is clearly got some sort of tunnel vision to avoid all the copious amount of estrogen and pussified men on television.

[Image: facepalm.png]

Ruth England, who presents the Discovery Channel series Man, Woman, Wild with her husband, said the show perpetuates the myth that women need to be taken care of, labelling Channel 4’s decision as “laughable”.

“The basic tenets of survival are the same, regardless of your genitals, and women cope very well,” she said.

“I’m disappointed in Channel 4’s decision but not wholly surprised. The sheer amount of different types of terrain that I’ve survived in means I have more primitive survival experience than most soldiers, yet I still get internet trolls telling me to get back in the kitchen.”

A spokesman for Channel 4 said last night: “The series sets out to examine modern masculinity and how traditional skills and ideas of manhood have changed over generations. For that reason men were invited to take part in the series to be stripped of modern day comforts and their skills put to test.”

[Image: malehamster.gif]

Best comments :

If it was an all-woman programme no doubt these same women would view it as empowering and progressive. No sympathy. Go away.

When television is filled with oestrogen-filled nonsense like Eastenders, Emmerdale and the BBC news, it is high time for more male-flavoured TV.

Bear Grylls is a pleasant change from the normal run-of-the-mill rubbish that fills our screens. And we need more like it. Perhaps something on do-it-yourself around the home. Or car mainenance.

Indeed, programmes like Bear and Top Gear are popular. Men like being men and women like being women. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

When will the man bashing ever end? Seriously. When America's Next Top Model came out, followed by countless of spin offs around the world, I do not remember male models coming out in force and labelling the concept sexist, even though it focused purely on one gender.

I'm curious if the Indy ran an article on the sexist nature of that show?

There are loads of TV shows that cater purely to women, just as there are loads that cater to men. Channel 4, to its credit, has come out and said this is a social experiment on men.

Sarah Outen has accused programme makers of saying the decision for an all male cast was because they think men make better TV, but that is utter nonsense. It would be far more entertaining if it were co-gendered.

This is not some huge conspiracy against women, it's just a survival show about men. Get over it.

Will feminists be asking for men to be included on Next Top Model, since they're for equality after all?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Western women just can't tolerate men doing something on their own, they have to demand that the world accommodate them and their idiotic fantasies of girl power. Ironically, the last thing these harridans want to see is a side-by-side comparison with an all-female group.

I do in fact think it's a shame that women weren't invited. I'd particularly have liked it if feminists were invited. It would be very entertaining to watch feminists struggling to survive, because that is what would happen. It would be even more fun to see how quickly these women would adopt very submissive attitudes once food got scarce.

Of course women can fend for themselves in an agrarian society and even be able to catch fish better than the average weakling male today, provided they were raised with it, but trust me, they wouldn't want to do it after a couple of weeks.

Quote: (04-23-2014 12:48 PM)berserk Wrote:  

I do in fact think it's a shame that women weren't invited. I'd particularly have liked it if feminists were invited. It would be very entertaining to watch feminists struggling to survive, because that is what would happen. It would be even more fun to see how quickly these women would adopt very submissive attitudes once food got scarce.

Of course women can fend for themselves in an agrarian society and even be able to catch fish better than the average weakling male today, provided they were raised with it, but trust me, they wouldn't want to do it after a couple of weeks.

The women would survive based on the support of the betafide males and then play it off as a personal success. There is no equality for women, they always get a leg up.

As such, I'd prefer to keep them off of shows like this, because they will never admit, to themselves or others, that they are always given a special advantage and they and the women watching the show will have further reason to believe that they can do anything a man can do (in heels!!!!1111!!!).

I'm the King of Beijing!

I wish there was a Survivor show concept as Men vs. Women. I would like to see what kind of lame bullshit excuse these feminist imbeciles would come up with after the women team lost every single game, starved themselves and made complete fools out of themselves on TV.

Exactly.
Men will never refuse to help women on these kind of shows, because the tentation of the poosy, and the "chivalry" element will always be present.

Quote: (04-23-2014 01:04 PM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

I wish there was a Survivor show concept as Men vs. Women. I would like to see what kind of lame bullshit excuse these feminist imbeciles would come up with after the women team lost every single game, starved themselves and made complete fools out of themselves on TV.

They wouldn't lose.

Women watch more TV in every single time category than men. The only way for a show to succeed is if it can attract a female audience, since they are the primary television consumers. They are also the most likely to be manipulated by commercials selling stupid garbage.

The rules would be modified and the contestants would be selected to give women a fighting chance.

Without a healthy dose of "you go girlism," the show wouldn't retain a female audience and would be cancelled in due course.

As such, I don't see Bear Grylls' show getting very far if it's on a network that demands high viewership ratings.

I'm the King of Beijing!

It's insane that they're hating on one of the few men that they could both genuinely admire and have them on their side. Grylls is a super-alpha who has been in a stable marriage for a long time and is far from the womanizing Alpha like Charlie Sheen whom feminists usually hate. And yet, they hate him too. There is nothing that can appease these crazy people.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I sat down and tried to find famous female explorers and survivalists on wikipedia.

The patriarchy must have deleted them all! ! !

Quote: (04-23-2014 01:15 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

I sat down and tried to find famous female explorers and survivalists on wikipedia.

Wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fem..._travelers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dora_the_Explorer

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (04-23-2014 12:20 PM)Lucario Wrote:  

it was absurd to think that women weren’t as capable as men when it came to survival skills. “It’s fantastical and ridiculous. Women are every bit as cut out for this stuff as men,”

http://www2.rsna.org/timssnet/media/pres...cfm?ID=459

New Study Finds Men and Women May Respond Differently to Danger

While viewing the negative images, women showed decidedly stronger and more extensive activation in the left thalamus, which relays sensory information to and from the cerebral cortex, including the pain and pleasure centers. Men exhibited more activation in the left insula, which gauges the physiological state of the entire body and then generates subjective feelings that can bring about actions. Information from the insula is relayed to other brain structures involved in decision making.

The autonomic nervous system controls involuntary functions, including respiration, heart rate and digestion, and helps to adjust certain functions in response to stress or other environmental stimuli. It is responsible for the body's "fight or flight" response to threatening situations.

"In men, the negative images on the slides were more potent in driving their autonomic system," Dr. Urbanik said. "This might signal that when confronted with dangerous situations, men are more likely than women to take action."

MRI brain studies confirmed for sexist bigotry #Hillary2016

What's a Female Survival Expert? Someone who marries a guy with a big house?

Quote: (04-23-2014 01:48 PM)Collide Wrote:  

Quote: (04-23-2014 12:20 PM)Lucario Wrote:  

it was absurd to think that women weren’t as capable as men when it came to survival skills. “It’s fantastical and ridiculous. Women are every bit as cut out for this stuff as men,”

http://www2.rsna.org/timssnet/media/pres...cfm?ID=459

New Study Finds Men and Women May Respond Differently to Danger

Obviously they only react that way because the patriarchy is raising them like that.

There's no winning evidence-based arguments against enemies who are not based on evidence. It's like trying to convince a hardcore Jehovah's Witness about Armageddon.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (04-23-2014 01:55 PM)Vox_All_Day Wrote:  

[Image: fuck_yeah.gif]

By one standard, all female humans are survival experts. They've managed to squeeze resources out of men better equipped to survive in exchange for services with little to no survival value.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (04-23-2014 12:47 PM)Saga Wrote:  

Western women just can't tolerate men doing something on their own, they have to demand that the world accommodate them and their idiotic fantasies of girl power. Ironically, the last thing these harridans want to see is a side-by-side comparison with an all-female group.

They need to do a US version of this, because I'm betting it would play out the same as the Dutch one you linked to. Men on one island and women on another. It would finally be feminist womyn's chance to prove us all wrong by creating the estrogen-fueled utopia they've always dreamed of, free from harmful male influence.

Ironically, the last thing these harridans want to see is a side-by-side comparison with an all-female group.

There already is one: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013.../?page=all

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (04-23-2014 01:46 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Wrong.

I hope you saw the irony in my post and that this is not a serious rebuttal.

Quote: (04-23-2014 02:13 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Ironically, the last thing these harridans want to see is a side-by-side comparison with an all-female group.

There already is one: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013.../?page=all

Man there's some cringe-worthy quotes in that article:

At a news conference last month, Gen. Dempsey said: “If we do decide that a particular standard is so high that a woman couldn’t make it, the burden is now on the service to come back and explain to the secretary: Why is it that high? Does it really have to be that high?”

Funny how the burden is never on women to rise up to a physical standard they're failing to meet. But I'm guessing the guys who ask these sorts of questions aren't the same guys who will be on the front lines wondering if the chick next to them will be able to carry all 200lbs of him to safety in the event he gets shot.

Quote: (04-23-2014 02:04 PM)Suits Wrote:  

By one standard, all female humans are survival experts. They've managed to squeeze resources out of men better equipped to survive in exchange for services with little to no survival value.

Humbly disagree. Women hold the ultimate survival value: they make babies.

Quote: (04-23-2014 02:59 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (04-23-2014 01:46 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Wrong.

I hope you saw the irony in my post and that this is not a serious rebuttal.

Actually the Polish climber Wanda Rutkiewicz seemed like a pretty serious climber and was pretty cute, but died on the mountain at about 50 years old trying to get her 9th 8000 meter peak.

She met a guy who got her into mountain climbing when her motorcycle broke down, so she was already a thrill-seeker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanda_Rutkiewicz

Of course, women have accomplished little in the way of great inventions, but only they can manufacture babies.

Making babies and nurturing children is all they are good for in a n evolutionary and biological sense.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (04-23-2014 03:25 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Of course, women have accomplished little in the way of great inventions, but only they can manufacture babies.

Yeah, but the raw material comes from our vinagrous balls

Quote: (04-23-2014 01:00 PM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (04-23-2014 12:48 PM)berserk Wrote:  

The women would survive based on the support of the betafide males and then play it off as a personal success. There is no equality for women, they always get a leg up.

Agreed. But if they kept the genders completely separate, a la Survivor style on two separate sides of an island, now that would be interesting (the only problem is that if any of us were on it we'd sneak to the female side of the island in the middle of the night and give them the cock they would be craving - and then some)