rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Matt Forney: The Manosphere Is Dead And You Have Killed It

Forney's newest piece at his blog.

I really can't add too much to his commentary and analysis, but I feel RVF should read it.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

I've never even heard of Sunshine Mary or Danny from 504 before, or any of the many other blogs mentioned in that post besides Danger & Play, Naughty Nomad and Bronan. And what the hell is a "Red Pill Woman™" blogger?

Here's the thing, Roosh, MikeCF and Matt Forney can distance themselves from the "manosphere" (fuck that name sounds gay) in a blog post, but I don't think it will actually stop people from associating their work with it.

I don't know who all of these people are and why anyone cares about their writing! We should treat each of them as just another feminist/white knight hater, no analyze whether we're part of their circle or not. Waste of time.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

"an act so cowardly and disgusting that I can’t repeat it here"
What could it have been?

^ I know what it was.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

It is starting to sounds like a bad soap opera.

Womanly whining and shit like that.

Deus vult!

I think people are trying to get a bit too much out of the "manosphere". The blogs of Roosh, Vox Day, Roissy, Dalrock, and Rollo have tons of great advice, but once you read and digest the info then your supposed to choose and live a life on your terms.

One man or even a small group of people can change society somewhat, but not everyone can be Julius Ceaser and change the world. Additionally, for the most part, society is like a huge river that can't be stopped and goes where it wants.

The "manosphere" helps individuals improve their lives. Additionally, the collective wisdom of men can greatly help guys going through a rough time, break up, sexual frustration, or divorce.

No need to be feminists and claim were fighting a war against an invisible patriarchy and blah blah blah. I think helping guys who want help should be enough.

Quote:Quote:

he headed up one of the most popular ‘sphere blogs in his day—being forced to quit under threat of being outed.

Quote: (04-15-2014 06:10 AM)Rutting Elephant Wrote:  

"an act so cowardly and disgusting that I can’t repeat it here"
What could it have been?

Quote: (04-15-2014 06:34 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

^ I know what it was.

The only very popular blogger I can think of who suddenly quit under bizarre circumstances was Mentu from the University of Man.

There is far too much introspection and self-analysis here.

I just read the articles that interest me and go about my day. I have spent exactly 0 time thinking or worrying about "the manosphere" or whatever.

I'll go where there are articles about gaming women, style, or other articles of interest to a modern man. And that's all there is to say about that.

Awful lot of drama for being such manly men if you ask me.

Many people who blog about the "manosphere" tend to end up taking their role a little too seriously. What will happen when these blogs withdraw and the Manosphere "dies".

NOTHING.

That's a rollercoaster of internet drama that's better off on a 14 year old girl's facebook page.

It seems some people find meltdowns intriguing only when they occur on RVF in real time.

I always really enjoy reading Matt's pieces. Then he published this one. I'm nit-picking here, but calling Carl Sagan and Neil Tyson "charlatans and frauds" is an awful big statement coming from a guy who was buying into and blogging about that Edenic "Neanderthals are alive and among us" crackpottery.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

It was interesting to see how RoK exploded with traffic with loaded titles but i'm glad Roosh & Co are getting back to basics: game, lifestyle, travel.

The 'manosphere' was supposed to be an outlet for men's issues. The venting snowballed into bitterness and excess philosophizing. I got addicted reading the flood of polemic posts/comments (dude crack?), but ultimately it's a distraction from being productive.

Quote:Quote:

Danny puts the 4 in 504

[Image: bigsmile.gif]

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Quote: (04-15-2014 05:59 AM)Deluge Wrote:  

I've never even heard of Sunshine Mary or Danny from 504 before, or any of the many other blogs mentioned in that post besides Danger & Play, Naughty Nomad and Bronan. And what the hell is a "Red Pill Woman™" blogger?

I've seen Sunshine Mary comment on Dalrock & maybe Heartiste. Red Pill woman I think I've seen in comments. I skip over the ones written by women. I used to read Danny but it became clear a while back that he has some mental issues. He's blogged that he's clinically depressed, and reading between the lines it's obvious there's more. Somehow I thought he'd quit blogging. The one piece of advice of his I use was that when someone asks you how you are, never answer "fine". "Excellent", "awesome", "supercalifragilistic". Everybody's "fine", be better.

This is why I like this place: it's a men-only space. Yeah, sometimes there's a beef and grown men sometimes act like kids, but people have egos. It's not always a bad thing.

The danger of having an online persona is that you can become way too vested in it. You start to make a bit of money & notoriety off a blog and then hits to your online persona become hits to you & your livelihood.

Quote: (04-15-2014 09:46 AM)unbowed Wrote:  

It was interesting to see how RoK exploded with traffic with loaded titles but i'm glad Roosh & Co are getting back to basics: game, lifestyle, travel.

The 'manosphere' was supposed to be an outlet for men's issues. The venting snowballed into bitterness and excess philosophizing. I got addicted reading the flood of polemic posts/comments (dude crack?), but ultimately it's a distraction from being productive.

Agreed. I'll admit to enjoying all the RoK trolling and also Roosh going out of his way to screw with feminists and manginas on twitter but now I realize that it was ultimately leading to nowhere. I think Roosh realized what was going on and that's why he made that this post (http://www.rooshv.com/the-internet-is-do...-than-good) and ended up severely curbing his Twitter activity. We can see all the effects of all the click bait material that has been pushed there to promote RoK now: RoK is getting tons of page views but look at the average quality of the posters you see in the comments section. I remember when RoK first started I would use to read pretty much everything that was put out and I actually preferred it to the main RooshV blog, now days I no longer regularly check the RoK front page and I probably read about 2-3 articles per month from RoK.

I much prefer seeing one good article on RooshV per week then 3 mediocre ones on RoK per day. The posts on RooshV have always have been consistently good but in the last month or so it's been excellent IMO.

This actually hurts to read, a little, because I owe all these guys a good deal despite having never met them. I'm a big blog-reader, because I can speed-read and I'm always starved for content, so I know all these people through what they've written.
  • Matt Forney is one of the people who got me into the manosphere to begin with, back with his old "In Mala Fide" blog. He and Heartiste were the two people who totally changed my worldview. Thanks to him, I am completely different person than I was five years ago. Without them, I quite possibly would've married (And since at the time I was a fat guy with nothing going for me, I would've ended up paired with a human warthog.)
  • Bronan the Barbarian got me into exercising. I was a morbidly obese slob before I started reading his blog, and after a few months of his "No excuses, get to the exercise bike, fatty," posts, I had lost something like 40 pounds.
  • Danger and Play got me into juicing, and into lifting weights. His writings always had an attitude of SUCCESS around them, like you were reading something from a man who had it made in life. I was a regular reader of his for a long time. It sounds rather pathetic to say this in public, but I always wanted to be like him, and that inspired me to better myself.
  • DannyFrom504 I owe an incredible amount to. I don't want to go into details, because I'm embarrassing myself a lot already, but though he almost certainly has no idea about it, he quite possibly saved my life. Beyond that, his writings about game always had a certain air of fun about them that I think is sorely missing from the manosphere. He gives off a vibe of someone who enjoys talking to women, and teasing them, and interacting with them. A lot of people around here have a view of modern women that's best described as contempt, bordering on hatred. I say this not to diss people, because hell, after some of the encounters I've had and the things I've seen, it's almost impossible for me not to hold it myself. But Danny always seemed to be having a good time when he talked about the way he dealt with people as he went through his day. He's always talked openly about his PTSD, and the things he's seen in his life and the effect they've had on him.

Now, maybe these online personas are bullshit, like Forney says. I've never met any of them in person. Maybe Danny doesn't have the success with women that he claims. Maybe DangerAndPlay is a fat guy working the counter at a 7-11, who comes home and writes about an elaborate fantasy life. Maybe Matt Forney is actually Nancy Pelosi's alter-ego. I don't know, and to a certain degree I don't care. I owe them all a lot.

Damn man. I used to read Danny's blog all the time too. The red pill is getting pinker by the day.

I'm glad a few of you guys remember and enjoyed my blog. Faust - Awesome to hear I got you on the right track man. Keep at it, 40 lbs is a great start. I still lurk the forum on occasion and thought I'd weigh in.

When I got into the Manosphere circa 2010, the community was almost exclusively legit bloggers. I've met a lot of them. All the guys from NexxtLevelUp are friends of mine. I'm even eskimo brothers with VK. I briefly met Roosh and he's a super chill, cool dude. Bojangles has rock-solid day game and has probably notched more hotties than anybody I know. Danger and Play is a badass and very intelligent. Hung with him for an afternoon. 10/10, would hang with again.

These days we have students trying to write the textbook.

Danny from 504 is an altogether different story. Like Matt Forney said in his article, Danny From 504 is worse than a fraud. The levels he is willing to stoop to in order to maintain his fictitious persona and IV drip of internet attention would sicken you to your very core. His entire persona is a lie and so are his interactions with women. Danny From 504 claims to have sex with 9s but I've seen pics. His "bragworthy" notches were 4s and below.

Would you take dating or lifestyle advice from someone who looks like this?

[Image: uOEaLI7.jpg?1]

How about this?

[Image: yO8GTrQ.jpg?1]

Both are bloggers. One is a financially successful, physically fit MMA fighter. One is a skinnyfat, mentally unstable alcoholic who leaves thirsty comments on every female blog in sight.

The question is - Is a lie damaging if people are benefitting from said lie? What happens when the truth comes out? Personally, I think we've been lied to enough. It's time to call out the frauds for what they are, liars and charlatans who take advantage of others.

Is the manosphere altruistic?

The question is... who is Danny504 fooling? Not a single person has ever told me to check out his blog or his advice. I find it hard to believe he has an audience greater than 30 people.

^Exactly.

When I saw him pointing a gun at the camera in his twitter profile pic selfie (not sure what it is now), I chuckled and moved on.

Not to start a bashing post, but anyone who lives with their MOTHER at 38yo has issues. Nuff said.

Quote: (04-15-2014 03:49 PM)soup Wrote:  

Is the manosphere altruistic?

I don't think so, but it does seem autistic at times.